Dis

The sprite practice thread.

Okay, thanks. (: Then I'll try to make Cour (or maybe Rayu)... (:

Im not that good at spriting... But I would say if it doesent have back legs to smooth out the rump it has now... Just my suggestion smile.gif

This dragon is supposed to have two forelegs and its supposed to be arched like that. and i want to add wings and shading but i stink at it...

user posted image

Anything that I should fix before I start shading? :3

Some of the lines could be smoother. Curves are hard like that. This may be of some help. (Soupnazi, that link may be of some help to you, too.) :3

Some of the lines could be smoother. Curves are hard like that. This may be of some help. (Soupnazi, that link may be of some help to you, too.) :3

Ooh, thank you! I wasn't quite sure how my lines were too fat. Now I know!

I need some crit on a spriteline. Linking because it's not my sketch or concept. happy.gif

Still looking for crit.

I've only done three or four other spritelines, so I feel like there's probably something that could be fixed... I just don't know what. o_o

I've never tried pixelling animals before (or reptiles) and I'm trying now. Was wanting to know what the people here at the DC forums thought, since you've more experience with dragon pixels.

user posted image

Hope I posted in the right place. ._.!

It's very nice, ubii! The circle's lines look a bit rough (try using more transparent pixels to smooth the curves), but other than that it's quite pretty.

I edited my llama a bit. Here it is:

user posted image

Stromboli -

The front leg facing us is kinda shaky and could use some smoothing. The front leg not facing us is good, but the tips of the claws might peek out from behind the other front leg a bit. Just two pixels or so, probably, so it doesn't look like the other paw completely disappeared. Otherwise, your lines look quite lovely. ^^

ubii -

The dragon seems kind of...hazy - not sharp. You might try a darker outline color so the dragon doesn't try blending in with the background. Otherwise, looks pretty good. :3

soupnazi -

Llama looks much better! There's an issue with the front legs, though. I can't tell which is facing me, because the body line goes over both. You also have a spot there that looks like a clump of pixels that could be cleaned up. The back is also really flat and would realistically have a bit more shape to it.

Well. I've gotten quite a bit of help from some other people, so I know have a heavily edited llama sprite; the lines are as finished as I plan to make them, so now I just need tips on how to shade the body to make it look fluffy.

user posted image

Sorry, shading and stuff I am not good at giving crit or tips on. </3

velociraptor.pngalot.png

So as help mod, I figured it was high time for me to learn to be artsy in some way. This is one of Rhnnfox's that I started. It was hard to make out the feet and horns so I've royally messed those up, and I haven't begun to touch the end of the tail or the wings yet, but uh, here -

user posted image

Crits?

/suckage

@Sock: I usually use this tutorial for help with leg and paw anatomy.

I would sketch out the rest of the wings, legs, and tail. Then after that, clean up the lines and fix the anatomy.

@Soupnazi: First, make all your lines one pixel thick

user posted image

Then try making a checkerboard pattern with a slightly darker color on your llama's back. Then making another checkerboard pattern with another slightly darker color on top of that.

Like this(zoomed in)

user posted image

(zoomed out)

user posted image

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

@Soupnazi:

Then try making a checkerboard pattern with a slightly darker color on your llama's back. Then making another checkerboard pattern with another slightly darker color on top of that.

Like this(zoomed in)

snip

(zoomed out)

user posted image

Well, when you're working with 32X32 pixels, you can't really use that effect.

Shading and I are not BFF's.

Sprite I'm workin' on. I have done very little shading before, and usually on little things. Just wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

Only the shiny metallic parts are shaded, and I'm not sure on 'em... Halp?

ETA:

Looking at it, the tail bulb thing looks kinda pillow-y... Hurr...

Edited by Stromboli

Sorry, shading and stuff I am not good at giving crit or tips on. </3

velociraptor.pngalot.png

So as help mod, I figured it was high time for me to learn to be artsy in some way. This is one of Rhnnfox's that I started. It was hard to make out the feet and horns so I've royally messed those up, and I haven't begun to touch the end of the tail or the wings yet, but uh, here -

user posted image

Crits?

/suckage

Head seems okay size-wise, but all your lines need to be one pixel thick. :3 (To see that see CYDA LUVA's post directly beneath yours.)

Oh yeah, I misread something and messed up there, lol. Meant to mention that in my first post about it. |D

Are there any tips or tutorials for doing horns? I'm working on another sprite and the horns are just not working with me at all. D|

user posted image

Could someone critique please? This is a scratch sprite, and the gray stuff on the feet are supposed to be snow. It's not my first sprite, and I'm working on shading it.

The rear shoulder blades don`t really show in animals:

user posted image

Edited by grayson1314

The pattern doesn`t turn with the dragon so it look funny and it looks like you pillow-shaded it