Dis

The sprite practice thread.

user posted image

user posted image

... Working on a neck and body. Also with two nifty alternate colors. I'll get these into a request if I ever finish them/make them look decent.

user posted image

Just remember that dragon cave adult sprites have a maximum of 100x100.

user posted image

I spritelined Dracchan's sketch.

Aww boo, I was going to try to outline that one (not like I'd ever get to it..)

I linearted the kilas, but it was so big it was hard to lineart, and my drawing skill are so horrible xd.pnguser posted image

I think a good idea is to practice anatomy yourself before doing a sprite. Then smooth your lineart. Uncluttering as well might help. <3

Here are some you guys can try, but don't post them anywhere outside of this - mainly because these are my personal babies. :B

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Z.../unnammed-1.png

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Zovesta/unnamed.png

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Z...sson11part7.png

Edited by Zovesta

Nyeeeahhh. I totally ended my spriting spree months ago. Time to get back in the zone

user posted image

I'ma colour and shade this cute lil pudgeh guy. I'd love some crits once i'm done ;D

I'd also love some crits on some of my older sprites, from you all knowing gods of proness xd.png

Heres a couple of sprites i did for an aquatic themed adoptables site. What do you think i could work on??

user posted image

user posted image

Schmankyou guys :3

Edited by Googleplaxin

xd.png I did him as well... he's fun.

Really can't think of anything for these. biggrin.gif

Funny to see yours as mine was a darkblue with black/brown stripes and a green lightsource... xd.png Cute!

Line work of Kila's Erichan

user posted image

Planning on coloring and animating it at avatar dimensions (100x100)

If anyone else wants to practice on her, you have my full permission to use these lines. Partially since the original was offered freely by Kila.

Edited by Daydreamer09

omg, i would love to learn to sprite, but all i have is microsoft paint, no tablet or anything else.

what do i need and are there any good tutorials out there? for spriting?

omg, i would love to learn to sprite, but all i have is microsoft paint, no tablet or anything else.

what do i need and are there any good tutorials out there? for spriting?

I only use a mouse and microsoft paint. ._. I'm so insulted. xd.png

Lol, me too Zov!

Speaking of which, i finished shading. But making i made it a gif for some stupid reason and it killed it. sleep.gif

So, i'm starting again. xd.png

I only use a mouse and microsoft paint. ._. I'm so insulted. xd.png

yeah i love drawing (on the computer) but all i have is a mouse and MSpaint. so it's a challenge to shade, draw pixels, etc, and i really just don't get it. i need, like, a sprite/pixe; tutorial specifically for dragons, lol

*wants to see* See my rule on the first page? e_e

That is an epic avatar.

glamoursea2: Sweetie... a lot of spriters use only a mouse and MS Paint. I did my avatar with just MS Paint. I did most of my dragon sprites with just a mouse and MS Paint. It's not impossible at all. The tutorials in the dragon request forum should help.

Edited by Zovesta

Check out pinned topics in the Dragon Requests area.

Ahh... I was looking for that thread. xd.png

Thanks.

Well Umbre helped me, but heres the Tatterwing by Kila...

user posted image

You may put it on the OP, anyone may use it for coloring, or anything, blah blah blah... (concrit also welcome biggrin.gif)

Where do I find outlines for dragons to practice shading on?

On the first post tongue.gif Or, if you want, you can use mine...

Edited by DragonSisterOne

I can't even color a ball with BASIC shading, so I don't even know why I'm playing around with the practice sprite given by AngelKitty on the first post- urgh. I'm too competitive for my own good...oh, well. Here goes...*runs off*

-edit- I only have Paint, but it looks like a lot of spriters use it- *kneels* tell me your secret, O great ones ("Practice? No way! ohmy.gif")! Just kidding I will try my best!

Edited by Amphitrite

can anyone sprite this one? or make the sprite better?

Im not that good at spriting... But I would say if it doesent have back legs to smooth out the rump it has now... Just my suggestion smile.gif