Dis

The sprite practice thread.

Try this. ^^

Check above anti on the green guide. See cleaning up your lines.

Edited by Zovesta

Oh, okay. Where? I don't have the best eye for this. I can tell the tail has some issues, but where else?

user posted image

Still doesn't look quite right...

Edited by RheaDark

Well, you're cutting from long lines to single pixels. Everything should be gradual. Long lines should cut to three pixel lines, which fade to two pixel, which finally fade to one.

Hm... the current curve of the tail doesn't really let me do that very well. I'll play around with it some more.

Thanks!

Oh, and here's another color version:

user posted image

- - - - - - - - - -

New:

user posted image

Eeeeh. Things not working. I can't find an inbetween color for the wings, and the tail still looks wonky.

/fails

Edited by RheaDark

Like this. <3

user posted image

Yaaaay thanks (though I honestly can't see much of a difference; I'll probably have to zoom in on it...)

Oh, blue.

Edited by RheaDark

xd.png Yes, I made the lines blue. Do you see how instead of being all clunky, you can smooth things out by making the lines gradual?

Sorta. I think I'll just need to practice.

Now, to torture you more... Rhea is back and she has the suuuux.

user posted image

Attempt at shading. Tell me where I fail :P

Cute. biggrin.gif

You should use more highlights on things and use as little colours as possible... since the dragon is black, it's very hard to make things out on.

Should I use more stark highlights? Or just more highlights in general? I can't cut down on the red/yellow, but I can try to reduce the shades of grey. I just don't want it to look too flat.

Nah, your colours so far are fine. Just telling you.

More highlights in general. ^^

Hi people at this thread :D

I decided to try outlining one of Zovesta's sketches. :3

user posted image

Thoughts?

Edited by xFlame990

Rhea: A bit better. happy.gif

Flame: Sprites are actually supposed to be 100x100 pixels or smaller if they're on dragon cave. Look up the sprite guides in the dragon request forum. Also, that dragon has so many problems I'm going to be submitting another. wink.gif

blazing: The neck is too thin and the head is a bit too big. Just look up pictures of bats, dogs, horses, cats, and lizards. The anatomy help from that will do you wonders.

Yaaay. Now, S2: user posted image

(Sorry about continually pestering you on something such as this when I really should be trying in the Dragon Requests area. But, I had a species idea that I PMed to TJ and I don't want to put this up quite yet, as I haven't gotten a reply.)

The arm and leg anatomy is a bit off. The arms look like they're missing a wrist join, while the ankle joint is far too long on the legs.

The head and neck is a bit better, though. happy.gif

Rhea: The wing anatomy is strange. Looks like the fingers sprout out of the shoulder. And, that's alright. happy.gif

Well, they're more faerie-type wings, so it would make sense for the "fingers" to sprout directly from the back. But yeah, awesomesauce, onto the egg! I won't bother you any more with that, since it's just an egg...

Ah, so butterfly like ones? Then on the hatchie and adult, they should be much bigger to support it. happy.gif