hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

That's so weird. It seems to be working fine for me, and downforeveryoneorjustme.com shows it is reachable to the outside world as well. My ISP may be doing something like switching my IP address and possibly the name server hasn't caught the change yet.

When I try to add my scroll, I just get a white page telling me "Please wait... Scroll Add in Progress" and half an hour later it's still showing the same. Well, one fansite less to use for me ...

Im sorry..I dont get this problem Im having with site..

MY scroll wont get added,but Ive had no trouble with my boyfriends scr5oll,or scrolls Im babysitting for..they ALL get added ,no problem...but not my scroll...my username is

Rockin' On..scroll name also..

One other thing..ive been trying to get my scroll "banner" made from your site..but it refuses to update to my siggie!!!WHAT am I doing wrong??!!Please advise!!TH?X!!

Rockin' On huh.gif !

MY scroll wont get added, my username is Rockin' On.. scroll name also..

I don't know if it's the case here, but I've been hearing about people having trouble on other sites when they have non-alphanumeric characters in their scroll names. So perhaps that's your problem too. When you go to your scroll, you see how it changes the apostrophe and space to some code stuff? Try entering that (aka Rockin%27%20On ) as your scroll name instead, maybe it'll work better. And if it does, then something along those lines is probably what's causing the problem with the banner, too. Hopefully hornpipe will be able to fix it without too much trouble once he sees the post.

And ack, punctuation is helpful, yes, but spaces after the punctuation is good, too! ><

I don't know if it's the case here, but I've been hearing about people having trouble on other sites when they have non-alphanumeric characters in their scroll names.

Yes exactly - apostrophes were not being allowed by the site (dangerous to allow quote characters in strings unless you're careful), yours is the first scroll name I've seen that had them.

The problems should now be fixed. You can use this code for your sig image:

[URL=http://dragcave.net/user/rockin%27%20on][IMG=http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/sig/rockin%27%20on.png][/URL]

user posted image

ETA:

When I try to add my scroll, I just get a white page telling me "Please wait... Scroll Add in Progress" and half an hour later it's still showing the same. Well, one fansite less to use for me ...

In times of heavy traffic the site can get stuck, causing problems adding new scrolls to the site. Also, the new index makes use of a hidden Javascript form submit to get back to the index. If your browser does not support that, I've added a message and button to return manually.

Edited by hornpipe2

ok i was looking at my scroll stats... is it normal for it to say i have -1 hatchies? i can understand 0... but a -1?

ok i was looking at my scroll stats... is it normal for it to say i have -1 hatchies? i can understand 0... but a -1?

The Leetle Tree strikes again! I had fixed the signature image but not the stats page. It should be counting things properly now.

haha i figured teh tree was causing the 5 eggys when i have 4 but didn't suspect the -1 hatchie lol ty ^^

Dynamic avatars! They work just like the sig image (updates once it is an hour old). Go to your forum control panel, find the Avatar settings, and in the box marked "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" put the following (back up your existing avatar first!):

http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/avatar/<username>.png

I'm pleased to see the cache contains 636 dynamic sig images, which means a lot of people on the forums seem to like them. Once I've done a little more work on the site I'll probably work on making the banners prettier - maybe something with selectable themes, I'm not sure yet.

Edited by hornpipe2

Oh, very nice! biggrin.gif And I even can add my scroll now! xd.png Thank you!

A little catch-up:

The tools page doesn't have that nifty link menu at the top yet. smile.gif

Will you put the avatar thing on the banners page as well? ^^

Yes, I know, I'm greedy smile.gif Happy New Year!

I dont know, but I really like Egg Drop Soup. I love it so much, and my little eggs and hatchies are always added. Thanks for a great site happy.gif

Dynamic avatars! They work just like the sig image (updates once it is an hour old). Go to your forum control panel, find the Avatar settings, and in the box marked "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" put the following (back up your existing avatar first!):

http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/avatar/<username>.png

I'm pleased to see the cache contains 636 dynamic sig images, which means a lot of people on the forums seem to like them. Once I've done a little more work on the site I'll probably work on making the banners prettier - maybe something with selectable themes, I'm not sure yet.

Wow! That is neat to fit that all into the avatar! Now I am trying to decide if I want to use that or the other banner! Decisions, decisions!

And now you might change the banner? I do hope you will give us the option of keeping it like it is, although I might want to change if it is something I like. Then again, that would require another decision! xd.png

I love the signature stat banner! biggrin.gif I didn't realize that it updated until yesterday. xd.png It's so cool!

Hey all. I'm upgrading the OS on the server, so the site may go offline for a while tonight. I should have it back online again by tomorrow.

Hey all.  I'm upgrading the OS on the server, so the site may go offline for a while tonight.  I should have it back online again by tomorrow.

Thanks, hornpipe2,

happy to see it's an upgrade and not a problem that's preventing me from getting my EDS fix, lol.

I'll check back later in my fansite rounds.

Later edit: Eeeeek! Still down?!

*quivers with developing withdrawal symptoms*

Edited by Syphoneira

Phew!! I was terrified for a while there. Egg Drop Soup has replaced Eggs Will Be Dragons as my absolute favorite fansite. Although I still love EWBD.

Thank you for all your hard work; can't wait to see it back up! biggrin.gif

Eh heh... something went bad wrong with the upgrade process, and now my server is in a state of not wanting to connect to the Internet. I'm working to get a reinstall from scratch done ASAP, so please pardon any further delays. I'll let you know as soon as it is available again.

Sorry for the problem. Hope it is fixed soon. I really like your site.