hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

huh.gif umm, I think you need to rework the math on your little scroll-stat reporter

it told be that 0 frozen hatchlings was 5.7% of my scroll

huh.gif umm, I think you need to rework the math on your little scroll-stat reporter

it told be that 0 frozen hatchlings was 5.7% of my scroll

LOL oops, the percentage was showing total hatchlings instead of just frozens. It's fixed.

I'll add a link somewhere to the Banners page.

I love the site!!

Just spent a couple of hours there checking out the lineages of my dragons. To my chagrin, I found out that a lot of inbreeding had happened to the eggs I had picked up from the AP. Especially the alt blacks. sad.gif

I'm wondering if there's a slight quirk in the "interesting codes" section -- it lists a couple for me, and the first one's fine (and amused me when I caught it, too!), but the second one looks like it's only been half-processed, or something.

diSH: to put into a dish (a concave vessel) [v -ED, -ING, -ES]
qUag: a {quagmire=n} [n -S]

The curly brackets just don't strike me as something that's supposed to be there for the final display, and where/how they are is a bit odd too.

The word list and definitions come from the North American (OWL2) List with Definitions at zyzzyva.net. Since it's a Scrabble dictionary, the definitions are greatly shortened in favor of cramming more properly-spelled words into a small book. My site doesn't do anything special to the definitions - they come straight from the word list itself.

In this case, I am pretty certain curly braces indicate that the original word is an abbreviated form of the {bracketed} word.

My site doesn't do anything special to the definitions - they come straight from the word list itself.

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if it was pulling pieces from multiple locations, or formatting them once pulled, or something like that. If it had been, then a result like that would definitely have been odd. But since it's just a direct dump, no problem.

Though, perhaps the {full word} could have its definition pulled instead/as well, so there's something a bit more useful displayed in that case? I have no idea how much coding that would require, so if it's a ton, don't worry about it, but if it's a quick and dirty thing, perhaps it's an option. And even if not, it's still a cute feature either way! biggrin.gif

I like the little scroll check! I put it here and on the NTWF(Neopian Times Writers Forum- A lot of DCers are there.)

I recently stumbled onto the site by some un remembered means. Thank you. It is a wonderful little site. Very useful!

Just wanted to say that I love your site, so very very useful and easy to use. biggrin.gif Great work!

I love EDS!

Do you think you could code something that would keep track of how many of each breed is currently listed on the site? That might be cool, although if its a lot of coding then don't bother tongue.gif

I love EDS!

Do you think you could code something that would keep track of how many of each breed is currently listed on the site? That might be cool, although if its a lot of coding then don't bother tongue.gif

Oh! There's an idea! Perhaps the scroll stats report could also include a count of each breed on your scroll? Differentiated between gender and adult/frozen/growing would be nice too, but I'm already not sure if the first half would be possible, much less this half.

A table of your breeds! biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I remember that someone said that the API doesn't tell the breed of a dragon, so this would require scanning the actual dragon page for each dragon on a scroll. That could cause quite some traffic on DC.

please????i need a legendary trio........ sad.gif pm for code. thanks

happy.gif

This is not the place to ask. Try The Giving Tree or one of the other gifting threads.

Just wanted to say I love the scroll status banner I have been wanting some thing like this and the fact that it even auto updates rocks my socks

Oh! There's an idea! Perhaps the scroll stats report could also include a count of each breed on your scroll? Differentiated between gender and adult/frozen/growing would be nice too, but I'm already not sure if the first half would be possible, much less this half.

Thinking... a count of breeds on individual scrolls would probably be a lot of traffic, but a count of breeds (eggs / hatchlings) on the entire EDS database might be doable, given that I'm already checking each item for the cleanup script.

I'll think it over, it might be an interesting addition for trending (what's most popular? how many golds are there? what effect does a holiday dragon have on the ratios? etc).

Thinking... a count of breeds on individual scrolls would probably be a lot of traffic, but a count of breeds (eggs / hatchlings) on the entire EDS database might be doable, given that I'm already checking each item for the cleanup script.

I'll think it over, it might be an interesting addition for trending (what's most popular? how many golds are there? what effect does a holiday dragon have on the ratios? etc).

Thanks for considering it!

Trending is actually what led me to the idea. I've been noticing a (perceived?) lack of alt vines lately and I was thinking being able to know what's on EDS might help provide more data.

Still lovin' this site and wanted to put my request/suggestion out there. Is it possible to code a progeny tracker that would count not just children and grandchildren but all dragons decended from one dragon? That would be a neat tool. biggrin.gif

Thanks for a great site and please never never never disappear. blink.gif