hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I just used the lineage checker, and it worked nicely smile.gif

I compared my seasonal lineage offspring, to see if they were related, since, yeah, 32 great great grand parents, are a bit, what's the word, troublesome, to check up on.

It worked, they aren't related. I manually checked again, just to make sure, and it's correct smile.gif I will be recommending this tool into the seasonal lineage topic! It's very helpfull, thanks a lot!

13310: This is now fixed, just enter "13310" and your scroll name will be automatically prepended with n/ - thanks for the report, I always need testing on unusual user names : )

Thank you! It most definitely works now wink.gif Very easy-to-use site - favorited.

Edited by 13310

Hmm. Just noticed something. I get to your site through the eggdropsoup redirect. But it looks like there is no similar redirect for the tools -- or is there? Is that one only available through the greg- direct link (or redirect and then a click on the direct link)? No biggy either way, but if there's a redirect there, as well, so the same-site features can be accessed through the same domain, that would be great. smile.gif

Hmm. Just noticed something. I get to your site through the eggdropsoup redirect. But it looks like there is no similar redirect for the tools -- or is there? Is that one only available through the greg- direct link (or redirect and then a click on the direct link)? No biggy either way, but if there's a redirect there, as well, so the same-site features can be accessed through the same domain, that would be great. smile.gif

If you mean the 2 separate links given in the first post, I tried both of them, and can see the "tools" link that leads to the inbred checker on both.

If that's not what you mean, just ignore me. smile.gif

If you mean the 2 separate links given in the first post, I tried both of them, and can see the "tools" link that leads to the inbred checker on both.

If that's not what you mean, just ignore me. smile.gif

No -- in the first post, there are two links to the main page: the greg-... one, and the eggdropsoup... one (a redirect).

But it looks like there is only one link to the tools page: the greg-... one. For consistency's sake, it would be great if there were an eggdropsoup one as well. Though not having one hardly stops you from getting to the tools, it would be convenient, so anyone who gets to the site via the redirect could also get to the tools via a second, same-domain'd, redirect. One of those "nice little things" which is definitely not necessary, but would be nice all the same, if it's not problematic to create.

The "domain" (eggdropsoup.co.cc) isn't owned by me and it's not a real domain either - DarkOokami set up a simple redirect on page 2 which forwards visitors straight to greg-kennedy.com/dragcave instead. Whatever service is in use to make that link happen simply doesn't appear to work with subpages, at least as it is set up right now. You'll have to take it up with her : )

Edited by hornpipe2

Just a quick enhancement today. The soup keeps getting diluted by fogged eggs (around 18% of the items in the database), taking the place of critters which actually would benefit from the views.

So! The routine cleanup script now looks to see if your eggs are fogged, and if so, it temporarily takes them out of rotation. If you later unfog them, they'll reappear in the mix next time they are checked on. Users should expect a much less cloudy soup now : )

Edited by hornpipe2

Just a quick enhancement today. The soup keeps getting diluted by fogged eggs (around 18% of the items in the database), taking the place of critters which actually would benefit from the views.

So! The routine cleanup script now looks to see if your eggs are fogged, and if so, it temporarily takes them out of rotation. If you later unfog them, they'll reappear in the mix next time they are checked on. Users should expect a much less cloudy soup now : )

Very nice. Thank you.

Any chance that, in the future, we'll be able to pick which eggs/hatchies we put in in the first place? smile.gif

I just wanted to say that I used this site for the first time today. I like how simple it is to add your scroll.. the all in one step feature is nice and simple. It needs to not add dead eggs/hatchies though.

the inbred checker is the most awesome feature! I love it!

Overall I quite like the site and fully intend to use it again. thankyou smile.gif

If you haven't visited EDS in a while, now's a good day to do so: there's a new tool!

For you statistics junkies, Scroll Statistics!

http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/tools/

It's located just below the Inbred Checker. Type in your scroll name, get back a tabled count of eggs/hatchlings/adults, male:female ratio, average clicks per item, etc.

Suggestions for more counts would make the tool More Fun. I'd like to do a count of breeds but alas, I must wait for API access to do this.

Love it! biggrin.gif Especially the Total Interactions set. That's kind of nice to know. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Love it! biggrin.gif Especially the Total Interactions set. That's kind of nice to know. smile.gif

A nice enhancement would be to make it count "breedable" male/female ratio as well, to help users figure out quickly which way to influence eggs. Unfortunately the tool does not (yet) take into account unbreedable gendered dragons, e.g. old paper, vampire, etc. because it can't tell breed without downloading the images too.

Wow, those are some precise percentages! Twelve decimals, is it?

There does seem to be a bug with the "unnamed items" category, though. I'm wondering if it's counting unnamable items instead. It's telling me I only have 3 unnamed dragons, which most definitely is not the case. However, I do have 3 eggs. And that seems to hold true for a few other scrolls I tested on, too.

When there are none of an item, it seems to leave the box blank, rather than displaying a 0, as well, even though the percentage box shows 0%. So fixing that to spit out either a 0 or a - or something would be good. That way the cell's border shows up properly, too.

As for other ideas, perhaps also include the number of ungendered frozen/adult dragons, and alongside that, differentiate between adults and hatchlings in the (un)gender counts/ratios?

And in the overview, splitting up hatchlings (aka still growing ones) and frozen hatchlings would be nice too, though I'm not sure how possible that is. I seem to recall there being some issue with that on one of the other sites a while ago.

And just throwing out ideas from here... Counting CB vs bred? Number of children your dragons have had (not sure how doable that is)? Hmm... That's all I can come up with for now.

bbik: Thanks for the suggestions. I've fixed the "unnamed dragons" bug, and I will get several of those things implemented when I get the chance.

Now an update: Hey guys! Like my signature image? It's updated once an hour with stats from my scroll! You can get your own too, just add this to your sig:

[img=http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/sig/<scroll_name>.png]

Would be nice to wrap that up in a URL pointing to either your scroll, or Egg Drop Soup.

hornpipe2, I'm curious: Is there anyway to get stats on how many CBs you have, as opposed to bred dragons? Is that possible to code in?

Just wondering, as I'd like to know how many I have. smile.gif

hornpipe2, I'm curious: Is there anyway to get stats on how many CBs you have, as opposed to bred dragons? Is that possible to code in?

Just wondering, as I'd like to know how many I have. smile.gif

It's possible, but sadly would require drilling into the detail page for each and every dragon on the scroll. In times of moderate traffic that could take 15+ minutes to verify, if it finishes at all.

If there's enough demand for these kind of network-heavy applications I might put together a toolbox that users could run on their own machines. That way it's not my site that is bogged down by all the extra connections : ) I'd have to learn AJAX or something though. Might be a good project for a slow weekend.

bbik: Thanks for the suggestions. I've fixed the "unnamed dragons" bug, and I will get several of those things implemented when I get the chance.

Now an update: Hey guys! Like my signature image? It's updated once an hour with stats from my scroll! You can get your own too, just add this to your sig:

[img=http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/sig/<scroll_name>.png]

Would be nice to wrap that up in a URL pointing to either your scroll, or Egg Drop Soup.

Ohh spiffy tongue.gif

Keep up the great work horn biggrin.gif

Love the siggie image! I don't have it linked, yet, but I will. Now I won't have to manually update my scroll lock status every few hours any more! laugh.gif

ETA: At least I hope it will work. It won't count my frozen hatchies against scroll lock, will it?

Edited by purplehaze

lol Okay, you lost me in the tech-talk, so I'm assuming that's a "possible, but tedious and not likely anytime soon", right?

Love the sig image, btw, especially the "Scroll Free" part. Makes thing really easy! smile.gif

EDIT: Though, I am wondering why its saying I'm locked, when I only have 3 eggs and 2 hatchies? huh.gif

Edited by Gyps13

EDIT: Though, I am wondering why its saying I'm locked, when I only have 3 eggs and 2 hatchies? huh.gif

I am wondering if it is counting frozen hatchies. I really am locked with eggs right now anyway, so I can't tell for sure.