hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

Still alive, no disasters at all here, just haven't had time to look at the EDS code. Got a new 2-month-old baby (who is a disaster in his own right!)

I did get an email about the 5-letter codes. ... seriously considering open-sourcing the EDS code again.

EDIT: site's fixed, 5 letter codes supported, leetle trees now properly cleared out of the rotation. Oh and 5 letter words off the Scrabble dictionary now checkable in the stats. (Switched from OWL2 to OSPD4 too, which takes out "offensive" words and some trademarks)

Inbred check still not working.

Dear hornpipe2,

don't you dare ever worry us like that again! laugh.gif

So glad you're OK!

Haven't been checking the past few days as it was always so discouraging never to have any news, and to worry about what might have happened - this cessation naturally being just before your post!

Congrats on the baby, thanks for bringing the site back up, (even if it isn't coming up at the moment,) and I'm so glad you were untouched by the disasters which occurred in your area!

Same here. I hope everything is Okay.

It's ba-a-a-ck! wink.gif Glad to see the site up and running yet again. smile.gif

It's not working for ME! It didn't yesterday either! This is one of my fave fansites too - BOOO and hisssss!

Well, it seems to be down again already, but it was working for a brief time.

Sorry for the latest downtime - it isn't my fault this time! My DNS provider ZoneEdit was hacked a few days ago and their name servers were all shut down. They are bringing them back up but still have issues as well: one of my nameservers seems permanently stuck at the wrong IP address.

Hopefully they will get this sorted out soon. I tweeted the issue to them in case they are unaware. It's frustrating for me as well because it makes my home server inaccessible from the web.

It's back up and working just fine for me biggrin.gif

Edit: well it was sad.gif

Edited by Jedi40

Sorry for the latest downtime - it isn't my fault this time!  My DNS provider ZoneEdit was hacked a few days ago and their name servers were all shut down.  They are bringing them back up but still have issues as well: one of my nameservers seems permanently stuck at the wrong IP address.

Hopefully they will get this sorted out soon.  I tweeted the issue to them in case they are unaware.  It's frustrating for me as well because it makes my home server inaccessible from the web.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope it gets sorted out soon! Must be frustrating for you and we sure miss the site when it is down!

Edited by purplehaze

It seems to be working again, but I couldn't open my scroll, it's really slow! sad.gif

It opened mine..just took some time to do so.

I was able to add my scroll. I am glad to see the site is back. smile.gif

It works good biggrin.gif And I was able to add my scroll. Awesome!

Has anyone else had this message when entering codes for the inbred check? ~

INPUT ERROR: jng1K does not appear to be a valid code. Return to the tools page and try your entry again.

I don't think the inbred checker has been fixed to accept the 5-digit codes, yet.

when the new codes came in, the inbred checker was working fine, because I used it quite often. Then yesterday I was trying to check the lineage and got that same message.

Oh, GreenDragonMama - it worked for you and a 5-digit code? I have yet to be able to check a 5-digit code successfully with it.

Coyote, the new codes only worked for me for a while, the last time I tried, they didn't work.

I wish I knew how to get in touch of the owner of EDS, because I know someone who

can do the updated coding for them and they could be back up and running real quick.