hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I like the test for words in the dragons codes. Wish I had more than only one

Whene you sheck your scroll and you have any four letter word on them as dragon-codes they will be displayed. I have the code "test" on my scroll

Um...*still confused*

OH WAIT, I GOT IT NOW. xd.png I'm a bit slow...I don't have any words, I think that's why I didn't get it.

Quite a while back, (last year,) I noticed my scroll seemed to be shrinking - checked on one site one day and a week or so later had 40 less on another site - thought it might be a glitch but my scroll still seemed to be shrinking so I changed to a different and longer password but it still seems to me to be shrinking.

I do seem to recall, quite some time back, worrying about loading my scroll because I was getting up toward 500, but despite continual collecting and no Releasing, I now never seem to make 400 when I do check, (which isn't that often,) and I keep running out of irreplaceable things like CB Blacks when breeding.

I do have health issues, haven't been sleeping much, and my memory isn't good so I could be mistaken but I wanted to check that it's likely the 2 Vamp kills on my scroll registering as eggs and therefore saying I have 6, rather than 4, eggs?

As you see, it's quite important that I do start keeping track (that and change my password again) so would REALLY like to know if what I'm taking note of is accurate or not.

The following seems to be consistent with what I actually have, which seems to be awfully short, but I would like to be sure.

Overview

Total number of Items 389

Eggs 6 (1.5424164524422% of total)

Hatchlings 3 (0.77120822622108% of total)

Frozen Items 1 (0.25706940874036% of total)

Adults 379 (97.429305912596% of total)

Ratios

Unnamed Items 92 (23.650385604113% of total)

Males 177 (45.501285347044% of total)

Females 202 (51.928020565553% of total)

Ungendered 3 (0.77120822622108% of total)

Male/Female Ratio 0.87623762376238 (1.0 is ideal)

Adult Males 176 (45.244215938303% of total)

Adult Females 201 (51.670951156812% of total)

Adult Ungendered 2 (0.51413881748072% of total)

Adult Male/Female Ratio 0.87562189054726 (1.0 is ideal)

Scroll Activity

Total Views 1438280 (avg. 3697 per item)

Total Unique Views 463936 (avg. 1193 per item)

Total Clicks 10018 (avg. 26 per item)

And actually, I seem to recall having 177 adult males and somewhat more females the last time I checked, (I believe some weeks ago,) although I really haven't had more than a few hours of sleep at a time for a while and AM chronically groggy...

Has anyone noticed any inaccuracies in the counter lately, or would I be safe in assuming this to be the actual current count of my dragons?

-snip-

I wanted to check that it's likely the 2 Vamp kills on my scroll registering as eggs and therefore saying I have 6, rather than 4, eggs?

-snip-

Has anyone noticed any inaccuracies in the counter lately, or would I be safe in assuming this to be the actual current count of my dragons?

Dead eggs/hatchlings do tend to count, until they fade away, yes. I seem to recall one of the fansites didn't count them, but I don't remember which (Soti's or EWBD?), and since it was such a small difference, I was never too concerned.

Other than that, and without counting manually (NO WAY!), it seems to be accurate. My number keeps going up, and when Soti's was still around, the two agreed, and based on a very vague ~400-for-you = half as much scrolling as ~800-for-me, it seems to be accurate for your scroll, as well. Why your scroll seems to be shrinking, I have no idea, but that is certainly odd, if it is in fact happening...

Dead eggs/hatchlings do tend to count, until they fade away, yes.  I seem to recall one of the fansites didn't count them, but I don't remember which (Soti's or EWBD?), and since it was such a small difference, I was never too concerned.

Other than that, and without counting manually (NO WAY!), it seems to be accurate.  My number keeps going up, and when Soti's was still around, the two agreed, and based on a very vague ~400-for-you = half as much scrolling as ~800-for-me, it seems to be accurate for your scroll, as well.  Why your scroll seems to be shrinking, I have no idea, but that is certainly odd, if it is in fact happening...

Thanks, bbik, nice to know I can count on your being my brain again. smile.gif

I was using EWBD and, I believe, the counter at this one (really just recall it was one not so well known) at the time.

I used to have a very short password, which (yeah, I know) I didn't always bother to change to a temp when others were adding or taking dragons to/from my scroll for me (nearly all people I'd trust with my life, but others might be able to gain access to their info as well) and altered and lengthened the password (thereafter not given out anywhere) some time after noticing that there seemed to be a lot less scroll and that I seemed to have fewer dragons both scrolling and when I used fansite checkers, though I at best scribbled down somewhere (never to be seen again) the numbers on the rare occasions I used them.

It seemed to be OK for some time after, but a while back I thought perhaps some random rearranging following recoding must have occurred because my Autumn Seasonals suddenly seemed so close to the bottom of my scroll and there do seem to be other places here and there where certain dragons seem to be much closer to each other than they were, and there does again seem to be much less to scroll through.

And I do seem to be running out of breeders pretty fast and the odd time I could have sworn I had pairs I obviously didn't, because they weren't there.

Well, it wouldn't surprise me overmuch to learn I was losing it, sleep deprivation'll do that to you, and I STILL can't remember where I last left my memory, lol.

But I thought it would be a good idea to start at least keeping track of my scroll stats, only if there might be some issue with the counter so that it potentially made it merely APPEAR to be shorter of dragons at any point, it could lead to wrong conclusions, so I thought I'd better check.

The counter result does seem to be fairly accurate to me, but then again, I'm the one who's not even sure whether I'm imagining a fair number of dragons being missing that I can't even specify, over what appear to be multiple episodes.

So, I figure, check at least that with someone else and have ONE reasonable assumption to base SOMETHING on, lol, before starting to keep track.

And lo and behold, you come to my rescue yet again.

So, thanks again!

I had noticed a while back, though, that most other people consistently playing (I've taken a short hiatus from DC a couple of times, but am usually locked or close to it, though I do gift a lot, which would cut back on my personal numbers, but so do lots of others) who've apparently been here even less time than I do seem to have more dragons though, and that includes those without many frozens, another factor that does make me wonder.

And if all I can do is start keeping records to see if any fiurther instances SEEM to have occurred without being reflected in the counter results, then I might as well do that, in the hope that the accuracy there, at least, will not be questionable.

The site is down. Any specific reasons why, or is it just something temporary?

The site is down. Any specific reasons why, or is it just something temporary?

It may have just been temporary, since the site is working now.

This site has not been loading for me for a couple days now. Is it just me?

This site has not been loading for me for a couple days now. Is it just me?

It has been working fine for me.

I've been using this site for a while (I love how easy it is!), and I just wanted to pop by and say that it was working really well today - don't know if it was my internet, or a combination of my internet and the site itself, but it was really great! Loading nice and fast. *clickieclickieclick!*

this down for anyone else?

It's working for me.

It's down for me. I don't believe it was yesterday (when I was there anyway), but it is now. :<

Edit: Derp, now my scroll banner's gone too. Srs issues. D:

Edited by Mustangs44

Ahh good to see it isn't down for only me. Hope it gets back up soon. D: