hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I was looking around the EAtW forum... And has EAtW's Punishment become advertising for EDS? o_O

How would TJ mess with EATW as punishment, though? Wouldn't he need to change the coding or something, which only the owner can do?

Ack, I'm not a computer expert. x_x I dunno.

But TJ can't edit the contents of the actual EATW site. Only Ext3h can do that. And the current full-site redirect is a rather curious edit to make... I'd be rather interested in hearing the other half of this fiasco, to understand why this all happened. Because without some explanation, the malicious one sure is sounding pretty logical... Which is unfortunate. Because EATW was(?) a nice site, just like EDS still is.

This is not the first time I have seen the owner of EATW being a jerk. I am removing EATW from my bookmarks. You've just lost a customer.

This is not the first time I have seen the owner of EATW being a jerk. I am removing EATW from my bookmarks. You've just lost a customer.

Really? What did they do before? Sounds like they may have been doing this just to be a jerk then, if that's the case.

Why would ext3h do such a mean thing to EDS? EATW was a really good website. It even could (sometimes) determine the gender of an egg/hatchling before it became gendered! It's a shame that he/she did such a mean thing...

Edited by Spladoogle

I think more than a simple redirect is going on. The EATW image scroll links are now loading up EDS dynamic scroll links. It would be a simple domain redirect, I'd think on that, except that the two links are different enough that a redirect wouldn't work AFAIK...I dunne get it.

Edited by Princess Artemis

and disabled the scroll removal until later, so things seem to be back to normal.

so HOW is someone supposed to REMOVE their dragons from your site if they don't want them posted there anymore?

unsure, but I think not being able to remove is better than EATW blowing up the server

....EDS images show up for EATW? fine with me even though I can't help hatchies that need to be helped by using the code things EATW gave us....eh, in fact I don't really care.

Glad EDS is back up and pretty much fully functional and that I noticed the 'changes' to images...more publicity! always a fun thing right? ninja.gif

I am such a noob-

Will someone tell me what EDS and EATW stand for?

There are the first letters of each Hatcherie's name:

EDS = Egg drop soup

EATW = Eggs around the world

so HOW is someone supposed to REMOVE their dragons from your site if they don't want them posted there anymore?

I fixed up the remove script to add a 15-second limit (based on IP) between removals. This should at least prevent a single user from trying to trash the database.

Scroll removal is enabled again. Thanks for the feedback!

Is it at all possible that this is the result of a hacking attack? Why else would EAtW now be automatically redirecting to EDS?

^ No one knows if the incident was malicious in intent yet. The last 3 pages of posts give you a pretty good idea of what happened.

One theory I have yet to see a single person put forth is that a third party hacked EATW and EDS.

But until we hear from the owner of EATW, it is illogical to assume anything concerning the motivations of those involved.

Are you sure about that? I went to EDS and it loaded the same as it always does. I also checked out EATH and it went to EDS, like it has been.

Edited by Ganondorf

???

something weird's going on with my computer.

*looks about suspiciously*

EDIT: *twitching* ok the SmugMug is gone and both are going to eds. that sh*t ain't funny. *continues to twitch*

Edited by WestWindReborn

EATW still redirects to EDS, when I try it.

Edit: Hmm, if I go to dc.makegames.de it goes to EDS, but if I go to dc.makegames.de/?page=scroll , I can get to EATW....

Edited by TPishek