hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

No, it goes beyond that. That's where the "extended" lineage comes in. As for whether there is a limit at some point, though... I've never come across one. So if one exists, it's a good 18+ generations out. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that there is no limit at all, though.

The limit is 12 generations, but if you notice there is a little box you can check to get an extended check, if you wish. I don't believe there is a limit to that one, but it warns you that it is slow -- and it is.

What I meant was a limit overall for the feature, not that appeared limit. IE. I have a dragon that over 30 gen. not inbred. The eggs around the world inbred checker caused me to inbreed it because I'm assuming it was too much for the system to check. I used this inbred checker, and it said that the egg was inbred, so I'm wondering how far the system can check to before it no longer works.

I was wondering what happened to the scroll overview thing. I just went to Egg Drop Soup to see if I needed to update it or something but same problem - it is only showing the number of eggs and hatchlings I've got. Otherwise, apparently I have no other dragons on my scroll...

laugh.gif ]Wow! So cool! I just added mine except I don't like how it shows my dead eggs too but overall great site![ biggrin.gif

Whew, well, I've submitted my scroll to your site and I've already noticed plenty of people spending time with my first group of eggs. I guess it's not so tough for a newbie to get a little recognition - thanks to sites like this.

I'm a fan of the way it works. It's a really simple, modular design. The frame for opening clicks is a great touch. I can see why it's such a popular site. I'm hooked. laugh.gif

What I meant was a limit overall for the feature, not that appeared limit. IE. I have a dragon that over 30 gen. not inbred. The eggs around the world inbred checker caused me to inbreed it because I'm assuming it was too much for the system to check. I used this inbred checker, and it said that the egg was inbred, so I'm wondering how far the system can check to before it no longer works.

Are you 100% sure it's not inbred?

Usually the checker also tells you which dragons appear more than once in the family tree, so you can just manually check for these, I guess... because I can't see how the algorithm would claim something to be inbred when it isn't...

Are you 100% sure it's not inbred?

Yes I'm sure as I checked the parents with the inbred checker as well.

Could you try the dragon with the inbred checker on eatw again? I changed the behaviour so it should now be able to track back 30 gens or even more, in some cases even when parts of the lineage have been killed.

Could you try the dragon with the inbred checker on eatw again? I changed the behaviour so it should now be able to track back 30 gens or even more, in some cases even when parts of the lineage have been killed.

Works perfectly now. How many generations will it be able to track now with the change?

Heads up, I'm taking the server down for about 20 minutes while I swap a hard disk.

EDIT: Maintenance finished, everything should be working again.

Edited by hornpipe2

I'm guessing this has something to do with the maintenance. When I go to the page to add my eggs/hatchlings it tries to get me to download some file called dummy.txt. It does the same thing after I add my eggs/hatchlings too.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the maintenance. When I go to the page to add my eggs/hatchlings it tries to get me to download some file called dummy.txt. It does the same thing after I add my eggs/hatchlings too.

I've replaced the .txt with an actual .html, hopefully this is fixed for you now.

I have a problem... my incubator says that I have 4 eggs and I'm locked, which is not true, I only have 3 hatchies and 3 eggs... it seems that is counting the deads eggs, or one of them at least, but those eggs died 5 days ago blink.gif

Can you fix it?

Something that has been floating around in the back of my mind is a lineage tester. Like something that will look for individual dragons in the lineage. (ie. Midas dorkface, whood thuwed, ETC)

Something that has been floating around in the back of my mind is a lineage tester. Like something that will look for individual dragons in the lineage. (ie. Midas dorkface, whood thuwed, ETC)

Wouldn´t that be a lot of work?

i don't think so, there's already the inbred check. all you have to do is tell it to search for this, this and this.

Not only for you, another fansite is gone.

To be more accurate: The server is down and will not even answer to pings. If we are lucky this is just because some maintenance, if we have bad luck then the server crashed / was taken offline.

Let's not panic, yet. It has not been down all that long. Hopefully it is just some sort of maintenance or the owner is making some changes and it will soon be back. I know we all tend to be a little edgy since the other sites disappeared, but try to stay calm. wink.gif