hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I love the ease of use and enjoy giving views and clicks on my schedule not someone else's.

Thanks for building this lovely site. You will note I advertise your hatchery on the forums. smile.gif

dtwrites

Just found this site, since most of my usual hatcheries have gone the way of the dodo, cheap gas, and old pinks. dry.gif Looks like I'm here to stay, now... muahahahahahahahahah!

There is at least one rule for sickness i could watch on eatw, an egg may not exceed exakt 2000 views (not unique, normals!) within the first 48 hours. If i had to guess, i would say 4000 views for <3 days and a max. of 6000 for fresh hatched hatchlings. Uniquevies didn't seem to affect an egg or hatchling when getting sick, neither do cklicks. (Except Softshell/Sickness type 2 where you have more clicks then unique views, e.g. when linking without image).

For the first rule: Had 4 eggs, and i could watch them getting sick instant after getting their 2000th view while beeing between 8 and 45 hours old. A 5th egg with 52 hours didnt got sick when passing the 2000-mark.

Edited by Ext3h

Unique views didn't seem to affect an egg or hatchling when getting sick, neither do clicks.

Not true. All three numbers work together to determine if an egg/hatchling will be sick. If clicks and UVs are very low, then overall views can get far higher before sickness happens. Likewise, if the number of overall views is only slightly higher than the number of UVs, you can have a lot more UVs before getting sick. But regardless of what each number is, all three are still part of the equation.

Having a check can't hurt, though. It won't catch a lot of the sick dragons, but every one that it does, is an improvement! smile.gif

Double post... (Huh. Seems topic titles got confused, and I must've looked only at the post, rather than the topic as well, when responding for my part. Anyhow...)

Just had a thought about how the site could remain simple but also allow selection of which dragons to add.

What if, under the current add box, you added a checkbox to "Add only certain dragons". The default would be unchecked, so people could type their scroll name and have it add everything and be done. But the box would give the option for people to also only add certain dragons, if they check it before hitting enter. Would something like that work, perhaps?

Is there any plans to have it so we can select which eggs/hatchlings we want on Egg Drop?

I want to second (third? fourth?) this request. It's actually a pretty big issue for me, because I'm trying to collect S1 hatchies right now. Before Soti and a few others abruptly closed, the pace at EDS was perfect for that; I'd put my eggs on and they'd "slow cook" with just enough views to hatch when I wanted, but not enough to move to stage 2 if I then froze them. Now they're getting too many views, and there's no way to post them anywhere else that's slower unless I don't use EDS at all, because as soon as I unfog them they start getting views here again. It would really help to be able to de-select eggs, if things are going to stay this busy.

(I really kinda miss EDS being quieter but I don't want to have to leave it.)

Hi biggrin.gif

I really love your site, easy to use and reliable! However, I have a question: is there a possibility to have us give more views in a shorter amount of time?

I don't have the time to have the site running in the background for hours or to refresh manually for a longer time and my computer can easily handle 500 eggs/hatchlings in ten seconds (I know because on another hatchery you can choose that).

This would really help me in helping others biggrin.gif

Nice site! I liked how fast and easy it is to enter my scroll.

wow, I like your site, it makes me grow my hopeless eggs, since the forums I'm writing on all banned eggspam during the last year

perhaps this question has already been asked:

when I remove an egg from my scroll - is it removed from your site, automatically, too?

there are some dead eggs, fogged ones and adult dragons too, perhaps our help is not needed, but I like to click these things away, and read a little thank-you-line - it makes me feel so helpful and kind, pushes my ego and deepens my emotional relationship with a site... rolleyes.gif

I'd like a remove button, a little cross, if it isn't too difficult to create

and some perhaps scroll- or cave-coloured background and a popup-window would be nice to look at, at the moment it's so cool, loveless and technical to watch

Edited by Aresa

Your lineage tools are invaluable for someone like me who has G12+ dragons and the hatchery works really well too, so thanks for a very user friendly site ^^

I only wish I could adjust the auto-refresh rate, but I suppose that might kill the bandwidth eventually.

I love the signature image that shows your stats 8D It makes it nice and easy to see not only how many dragons you have but also if your scroll locked or if your trading partner is. Keep up the good work!

All three numbers work together to determine if an egg/hatchling will be sick.  If clicks and UVs are very low, then overall views can get far higher before sickness happens.  Likewise, if the number of overall views is only slightly higher than the number of UVs, you can have a lot more UVs before getting sick.  But regardless of what each number is, all three are still part of the equation.

The problem for Egg Drop Soup, of course, is that it is against site rules to try to find out the exact equation, so he's going to need a heuristic. But type 2 sickness should be pretty easy to detect, and type 1 is always too many rather than too few view, so assuming the API outputs a bit saying whether the egg/hatchling is sick, he can avoid the whole reverse-engineering problem.

Only complaint I have with this site is it adds my dead eggs and I can't choose who to add. Maybe update the site so we can choose what to add and it not pick up dead eggs sometime in the future? smile.gif

Woops! Looks like inbreeding cannot be checked right now...

Edited by trekwriter

....so it isn't just me who can't add their scroll, well at least that's a little good to know ninja.gif

Still having problems? I updated all the server software this afternoon (put the site in maintenance mode for a while) and a couple of the config files needed changes. I'm not seeing any issues any more on my end.

Oh, dear, just tried bringing up EDS, seems the first few dragons will appear, it'll freeze for a bit, then dragons slowly start to come up, then it gradually gains speed, and then the page fills and the dragon you first clicked on finally shows in the box and you can try doing some clicking, but then it refreshes and the whole thing starts again.

It's like water carving a way for a new channel or something, every minute...

I did get to re-enter my and my niece's scrolls with no apparent problem, but this IS going to cut back on clicking, although it's still possible to give Views at this point.

I just hope it doesn't worsen.

(I have nightmares about losing EDS, lol.)

And I've been to 2 other fansites today before this, which did not have this problem at that time...

Just a question, is there a maximum number of generations the inbred checker can check before it no longer works or no?

Indeed, the limit is 12 generations as far as i know. Just the same limit as for the family tree in the dragcave.