hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

Thanks also from me! I relied on Soti & JadeDestiny. I've bookmarked your site, and will recommend it to my friends from another forum.

Thanks so much for staying open! I used to go to Eggswillbedragons and JadeDestiny to keep my eggs and hatchies growing, but now Eggswillbedragons is officially closed, and Jadedestiny is having some issues, too. I've been using Egg Drop Soup for a while, and I really like the format of it. Thanks a bunch for staying up and running for us! biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd mention that the Viewer for Egg Drop Soup is so light in power use that even on my old, low-memory computer, I can (and sometimes do) run it overnight without my puter (usually) collapsing.

And with the extra dragon-load shifting here (as also to other sites) due to recent fansite closings, the more Clicks and Views we can give to the sites that remain open, the less chance that dragons will die of a shortage...

Thank you for remaining open. smile.gif Moved all of my dragons over to here after my usual suspects shut their doors.

Yay atleast one site isn't having a drama llama fit D:

I'm scared now though, I got nearly 99% of my views from the self help sites, I don't have time to spread myself thin on forums and stuff...

:/ I hope EDS is enough.

Oh wow. I hadn't been following the other fan sites at all so imagine my surprise when the total items on EDS jumped from 7,000 to over 13,000 in two days...

Glad I could be of help to you guys. Soti, EwbD and JD are (were?) all great sites and I do hope they make a comeback as well. More options is more better I think : )

This site Rocks... the only prob I have with it is.... no ER... *nods nods*

I just read the "State of the Cave" and saw the API change going in. The new system is actually a very good thing for EDS, because I didn't have API access before thanks to a dynamic IP address (old API access was linked to IP address, the new system uses an access key). The new changes should make possible the automated ER that I've wanted for a long time, and some other cool features like faster site cleaning.

I'm applying for access now, should hear back in a week or less : )

I just read the "State of the Cave" and saw the API change going in. The new system is actually a very good thing for EDS, because I didn't have API access before thanks to a dynamic IP address (old API access was linked to IP address, the new system uses an access key). The new changes should make possible the automated ER that I've wanted for a long time, and some other cool features like faster site cleaning.

I'm applying for access now, should hear back in a week or less : )

That is excellent to hear; I hope it works out.

Thanks for staying open!

I've always (after dcfansite shut down) used just EGWB and Soti... >.<

So finding that you guys were open made me much happier. biggrin.gif

Since Soti closed and Jadedestiny doesn't work atm I'm following recommendations and just joined Egg Drop Soup ;) Hope my eggs are in good hands^^

Your dragons are in excellent hands ^^ I've used EDS for quite a while now, along with Soti, EWBD, and DDF. I've never had a problem with my eggs hatching by using just EDS and DDF.

And with the two most popular hatcheries closing, it gives EDS a bit more of the popularity it deserves.

Many thanks for staying open. I'll continue to recommend EDS to my friends <3

EDS was the first egg service I ever used and still the first one I turn to whenever I have new eggs. It's always been simple and easy to use and I've never had any problems with the site. Thanks for staying open!

I know it is a lot (two words, not one) of work for you, and I know you have brought it up before, but I have to ask again.

Is there any plans to have it so we can select which eggs/hatchlings we want on Egg Drop? Is ther any plans to have an ER?

Thanks and I do love this site.

Is there any plans to have it so we can select which eggs/hatchlings we want on Egg Drop? Is ther any plans to have an ER?

Same question. I stagger my eggs so if I add them all, that will be good for some and will kill the others. And I'm feeling kinda desperate now that all my regular sites are down. sad.gif

How does EDS find out what eggs we have? Does it use API too? Because it didn't go down when all the other sites did....

Same question. I stagger my eggs so if I add them all, that will be good for some and will kill the others. And I'm feeling kinda desperate now that all my regular sites are down. sad.gif

I've been using Egg Drop Soup for some time for all my eggs/hatchies and never had a problem, although I do check my dragons as frequently as possible and fog if necessary.

But the simplicity of the layout here is cherished by many, and I think once JadeDestiny is back up (soon, one hopes) to offer some variety, you'll feel more secure.

But, then, until Jadedestiny, and then Soti's and EWBD broke down, I regularly used 5 to 6 fansites, and my current concern lies in getting enough Views, not worrying about getting too many, lol.

I support this site, as you can see in my boring signature. Yeah, I need to add pictures....

Hey Greg--

Any chance of creating an ER at EDS? biggrin.gif

Yes indeed! I got API access and will be working on a fully automatic ER-type system (really, a priority setup which places low-time items near the front of the Dump so they appear much more often).

Re: selective adding - still undecided on this one. I am personally against it as I like the "add and go" nature of the site. Maybe if there is a way I can determine Sickness (and whether that is caused by too many or too few views), it would be enough to (temporarily) remove them from rotation until recovered, so users wouldn't even have to manage that.

Thank you for this site. You've made it so easy to use, as I prefer automated over other methods. I don't even mind giving views with an automated refreshing, so that I don't spend all my time staring at other people's eggs.

Oh and that stat thingy for the signature and av is awesome. I didn't know I had nearly 300 dragons! ohmy.gif

I knew I had a lot, but the stats thing is cool. tongue.gif I like EDS as a hatchery. There's some nice resources to use on site too.