hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I just checked my scroll's stats, and didn't have any problems. smile.gif

Me too. I think it's a bit odd that the interesting codes section lists 'RIcE' as a verb, lol.

Still working on it, you guys.  The DC server apparently began compressing some of the pages over the past few days, and my site was not designed to cope.  It doesn't seem to be doing that any more, but I'm still trying to get a fix in place so that if compression does return it won't break EDS again.

Give me another half-hour or so : )

EDIT: I think it's fixed now.

Thank you a thousand times!

Hope that's it for your having to do emergency fixes, lol - as they say, no rest for the weary.

Edit: this may just be me, as the forum and my scroll are also loading slowly, but it's taking minutes for images to form on Egg Drop Soup, and I notice because I do like to at least click a couple of pages worth before leaving the Viewer to run - finally one page formed and clicked through OK, and the next page is frozen partly done.

But I thought I'd better mention it, in case it is something poor hornpipe2 had better know about.

And I do need to run, should have already.

Click page finally formed but clicks wouldn't appear in box, next page appeared quite quickly, and clicked through OK-ish, comparatively speaking, next, slower in spots, where several go well and then the page freezes for a bit, eventually continues at different rates, next clicked though more quickly but in the same manner and after that most of the pages could be clicked through with a pause between, some longer than others, but not at a rate where one can get through the whole page while having all images appear.

So whatever the cause, the results are highly variable, and my puter JUST had a restart...

And maybe this is related to something TJ will fix during down-time tonight?

Edited by Syphoneira

Hey Greg! biggrin.gif

Just wanted you to know I just made a donation. It took only a few days without your wonderful site to convince me it was time. Hope the little bit I can afford helps. smile.gif

Hey Greg! biggrin.gif

Just wanted you to know I just made a donation. It took only a few days without your wonderful site to convince me it was time. Hope the little bit I can afford helps. smile.gif

Holy cow! That was a surprise to find in my inbox this morning! Thanks so much for this, I'm glad you found the site useful enough to donate : )

I probably owe you some features now, got any requests? I think a more customizable signature image would be a plus.

That's a great idea! The only other thing I can think of (and I don't know how complicated this would be), is it would be nice to be able to check compatibility (no inbreeding) for a single dragon with multiple other dragons--so you can see several possible mates all at one time.

But even if you made no changes I love the site and have found it so so useful when breeding!

Is the site down at the moment?

Seems fine to me. Just checked, and it loaded up nice and quick.

Query failed: Error writing file '/var/tmp/MYSsu1I9' (Errcode: 28)

Wonder if it's something to do with the problems TJ's been having recoding...

Edit: Poop, I think it's EDS...

DDF was mostly pretty laggy but worked, then afterward tried again here, same as above; then I went back to Soti's (which worked fine,) for a bit and then tried here again, no luck...

Edited by Syphoneira

I get the same error, but it's definitely not on DC's side. Looks like a file error or a permission problem - in both cases, on the Egg Drop Soup server.

Good luck fixing this smile.gif

Apache web server log file got huge (configuration error on my part) and filled up my storage area. I'm setting up log rotation for these, it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks for the reports! I am subscribed to this topic so every time something goes bad, I get a prompt email from the first person to discover the issue : )

Poop, I just saw this - actually had the Viewer running, I thought, but... IE cannot display the page...

Seems that all our fansites are going down, fully or partially, one by one, like murder victims on an isolated island...

How terrifying.

Poop, I just saw this - actually had the Viewer running, I thought, but... IE cannot display the page...

Seems that all our fansites are going down, fully or partially, one by one, like murder victims on an isolated island...

How terrifying.

I've noticed this too. unsure.gif

Apache server crashed for some reason and I can't bring it back! I'm looking into it guys. May have to reboot the machine.

EDIT: Rebooted, things should be working again. Note that I got a new IP address after the reboot, and the DNS server just updated with the new one. It may take a while for the old record to expire from your ISP's cache (5 minutes - 24 hours). If you're not certain, you can check here first: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://...dy.com/dragcave

Of course if the site loads and you are still having issues (error messages on page etc) then yeah go ahead and report them here : )

Edited by hornpipe2

I have a random question for you {LoL} : Is there any way to make my name capitalized in the dynamic signature image? LoL Just wondering. I've been playing with it and can't make it do any caps at all xd.png Thought I would ask just to make sure. By the way, THANK YOU for that thing! It makes it so much easier to keep track of my horde biggrin.gif Hehehe!

Edited by Riannon

Since Soti closed and Jadedestiny doesn't work atm I'm following recommendations and just joined Egg Drop Soup wink.gif Hope my eggs are in good hands^^

Since Soti closed and Jadedestiny doesn't work atm I'm following recommendations and just joined Egg Drop Soup wink.gif Hope my eggs are in good hands^^

Same here! I hope they reopen soon.

Thanks, I did the same! cool.gif

thank you for not being cry-babies and staying open