hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I hope not, I like its simplicity smile.gif

I guess simplicity is good now and then, but just a bit of color might make it cooler looking.

One of the (many) reasons Egg Drop soup is so great is that even low-powered puters can run it without giving low-memory warnings and/or shutting down.

(Now I'm about to try running it on a borrowed puter I have limited access to, which is having interesting issues and probably needs the going over mine is hopefully getting right now...)

As soon as more-too-load is added to any fansite, so is more strain onto older puters which all-too-many of us have, meaning that we can give fewer Views - so I really hope this doesn't happen.

Edit: having said this, I've just got something (tried both links given multiple times) which may be due to this puter? although I've just come from Soti's...

Page Not Found

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

Anyone else getting this, or is this related to the puter I'm on?

Edited by Syphoneira

You could make it a choice I suppose. Using cookies I mean. Have the person select their choice and set a cookie to remember it.

Tiny problem: it says "none of my codes are 4-letter English words". Could you please set this to read zero as "o"? I have a dragon coded Ro0m so it should recognise it....

Also, counting how many CB /bred dragons I have would be interesting.

Hmm... yeah, I could add l33t to English character translation, that might make it a bit more interesting.

CB vs Bred is a count requiring digging in to detail pages for each dragon on your scroll - a very time-consuming process. So unless the API has better support for that I am not sure I'll get to add that feature.

Re: additional backgrounds - I am thinking not, as I like the plain black-on-white (remember in ye olden dayes when web browsers rendered stuff on light gray when no bgcolor was specified?) But maybe if I get bored enough I'll put some in. Maybe for holidays I could do some special themes?

Edit: having said this, I've just got something (tried both links given multiple times) which may be due to this puter? although I've just come from Soti's...

Page Not Found

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

Anyone else getting this, or is this related to the puter I'm on?

How strange. That's not an error page my web server generates (I have very plain 404s...) Could be an IE or Firefox problem...?

How strange. That's not an error page my web server generates (I have very plain 404s...) Could be an IE or Firefox problem...?

Thanks, it's probably the puter I'm borrowing occasional use of, then, it's been pretty weird.

Mine was taken by my brother to be fussed over, because I (and he) thought mine was bad...

Looks like you've got some goofy code going on. I see this message in the egg area when I'm on the main page.

Query failed: Error writing file '/var/tmp/MYNUpXoA' (Errcode: 28)

Should be fixed, at least temporarily... the database has now outgrown its mount point. I cleaned up some junk files to make a little extra room. There's another hard drive in the machine and I'll make a priority to get the db moved over to that disk instead.

~Eggspam Removed~

//PLEASE_READ_THE_RULES_BEFORE_ATTEMPTING_TO_POST_YOUR_EGGS

please click

Edited by _Z_

LOL!

1. HTML doesn't work in this forum.

2. Delete that nonsense.

3. Go to the page that this thread announces and post your eggs THERE.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Presently getting "An error occurred when servicing your request:

No addable items were found on the scroll." Ummm... I have 7 dragons to work with on my scroll, and there are 9 on my daughters and it gives the same message for her scroll...

Just wanted to let you know

Since this lag got so bad, I would suspect that the soup site simply couldn't load the API, thus not getting any dragon information. Keep trying I guess?

When trying to use the egg validation page in Tools I keep getting this message sad.gif

PARSE ERROR: could not understand lineage page for ****. This is usually caused by entering a nonexistent dragon ID - double-check that your code is correct. If the problem persists, please post a bug report here.

**** = egg/hatchling code.

I've even tried it using codes from dragons I already have and I still keep getting the same message.

Same here, I have some eggs I copy and pasted the code and it still says thy don't exist.

Ok so not just me...been getting an error that says no addable items were found sad.gif

My housemate just got that, too. Hopefully there'll be a fix soon?

Edit: And apparently there was a problem generating my banner. xd.png

Edited by Ardath Rekha

I'm sure they'll straighten out the gremlins soon. Just this morning I got:

Notification Area [X] Close

An error occurred when servicing your request:

No addable items were found on the scroll.

I have four hatchlings and three eggs.

I do fog vulnerable game pieces at night now. I have unhindered access to my scroll all day. I'm still unclear what sites purge fogged dragons after a set amount of time, but each morning I do update my dragons in the hatcheries. I wonder if that could be causing the problem.

I've been using the site to check for inbreeding. For some reason it's saying the code of one of my eggs is non-existent even though it definitely is correct. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something but I think you'd better know about it.