hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I just tried to add my scroll to the site and I got this message "Notification Area [X] Close

An error occurred when servicing your request:

An HTTP error occured... please try again later."

sad.gif

Everything seems to be working normally for me, now.

I notice that there are not many dragons on the site at the moment, so it might be best to watch carefully to see what happens.

The box is mostly full of adult dragons and it appears their data hasn't been updated since the early hours of the morning. Only a few of the dragons actually getting views are even growing. I have been removing adults manually by checking for scroll names and managing those scrolls to remove anything adult, dead, or frozen that I see. There are hatchlings in there with over 10k views. I would not add any ER eggs to the site at the moment to avoid them being killed once they hatch if the ER does not update, assuming new eggs would even be able to get views.

The site still does not seem to be removing adults. I have also been removing the ones I could, but most of them don't have scroll names, so there is nothing to be done about those.

I have sent a PM to hornpipe2 -- hopefully he will see it.

Edit: Received an answer to my PM and the site should be fixed now! smile.gif

Edited by purplehaze

How do I join?

I'm not sure what you mean by join. But to add your eggs, just click the link in the first post, then follow the directions:

How to Add a Scroll:

Type your scroll name in the box, hit the button, and all your eggs and hatchlings get automatically added to the list. They stay in the box until they're grown and then they'll disappear. Iframe reloads every minute serving up fresh soup so leave the page running in the background. Meanwhile, a cleaning script will remove your dead eggs or hatchlings within an hour.

and it's down again.

Edit: it is back up again biggrin.gif

Edited by Jedi40

And the site is down again.

It's okay now. I just updated my scroll.

And the site is down once again sad.gif

Anyone able to help me get the scroll stats image again? Mine broke in the move after I tried to change things. I have tried several times to get it to load for me but wind up getting this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/www/data/dragcave/tools/stats.php on line 160  

Sometimes it has another number but that's all I ever get.

No I can't get on it either.

I am getting an error message when trying to add my eggs.

No addable items were found on the scroll.

I have tried multiple times today to add my new eggs to EDS. I keep getting an error message:

An HTTP error occured... please try again later.

Has anyone else run into this? There are new Halloween eggs on the site, so obviously some people are adding scrolls successfully, but I have tried at least three different times and run into the same problem each time.

EDIT - so of course as soon as I posted this I tried again and it worked! :wacko:

Edited by purplehaze

I was trying to get a thingy with my scroll stats to put in my signature, but I can't get very far. Perhaps it is because my scroll is large?

I keep getting this error

:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/www/data/dragcave/tools/stats.php on line 160

The ones on fan sites are a problem - EATW is dead; on Egg Drop Soup it hasn't worked for ages. But TJ has just made his own: you may have to go that route.

I was just doing the bingo game on here and my eyes look at my sig and I was like "something seems off again" to myself.  Then I was "Oh great, the scroll's banner info image broke again, is EDS down? (Not very found with messing with images in my sig on here unless it's really needed.) Took a quick look at EDS the site seems a bit slow but otherwise is up. Something on the image side must have bugged it will probably be fixed either on it own or somebody will fix it as it usually is back to normal in a few day. So I'm just going to leave it as is though I do wish there was a way to add alt text as unless you hover and look at the link it's hard to tell it's my scroll's link. I would consider using TJ version but a part is missing from it (that's scroll is free/locked part) and I've gotten used to the black BG, White text and green border version.

Edited by dragongirl02

I haven't been able to use their banner in months, so in the end I gave up and switched to TJ's.