hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I have one question and one suggestion.

Question: Why is it that some days the site is pretty clean with no dead eggs and no dead hatchlings and no adults and that some days it's a mixup of both?

Suggestion: I was thinking, and I don't know how easy/hard this would be to program, if there could be a control for each person viewing your site that would allow them to set how frequently they want the page to reload. You could set the minimum based on how fast the page loads for you in full on average and set the maximum to be, oh I don't know - something hella slow, but not like every decade eor anything. Just more like every15 minutes or so? The reason I think it would be a good feature is that some people have fast connections and some are still on dialup. If the people on dialup wanted to click every dragon, for example, it would be more easy to do so if the page didn't refresh. If the people on a fast server just want to give a bunch of views all at once for about 5 minutes and then close out of the site, they could set it at 15 seconds (or whatever the minimum would be) and then let it go for a little while and then exit from the page.

Also, since you have implemented the ability to remove dead eggs/hatchling tombs, do you think there should be a note on the front page, letting users know that it'll be deleted by the "dedicated cleaner" within X minutes/hours?

Still really digging the site. It's pretty awesome.

My cleanup script crashes every so often and needs to be restarted manually, which is why sometimes it fills up with a bunch of adults and dead dragons. Usually it takes around 30 minutes to check through all the dragons and make sure they should still be on the page, but it depends greatly on the cave traffic and internet usage from my home network.

That's a good suggestion about the custom refresh time. I'll see if I can get something added in that would be unobtrusive and semi-permanent.

ETA: cleaner script runtime may be better suited for a custom stats page, I'll think on that.

Edited by hornpipe2

Simple, fast, no frills... and a soup that can't be ruined by 'too many' chefs! laugh.gif

*Groans* xd.png

Brilliant for me: fast, simple, and very easy to click.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I like this site a lot. It's cute and fast and efficient and SIMPLE. no one is ever going to ask you how to add an egg.

On a side note, we basically have the same name which is pretty sick.

Edited by SlowHornpipe172

Out of the fansites here, I prefer this one the best. Simple, almost no bugs, no pet peeves about it, and efficient.

I love it and I found it though a siggy on DC biggrin.gif ,it is easy and simple to use,I also like the remove scroll feature,it's fast and the way you view the pages is fast and as I don't have a lot (two words, not one) of online time,fast and easy is great for me

Thank You so much for having this site

Glad people are still enjoying and using the site. As of today we're pretty consistently showing above 2000 eggs, with at least 400 scrolls in the mix at any given moment. Thanks to all the contributors and people who have tested it out so far.

Keep the suggestions coming! I don't have any smaller banner logos, but I do know there's some kind of user bar generator out there, so if I can track that down I might be able to throw something together.

Thanks for the great site, it loads awfully fast and that means more people would be willing to help click on the eggsies.

I have a question though, is it possible to select whichever eggs/hatchlings we want to put in instead of putting everything in from our scroll? As there might be some we may not want to be added in...

Ah! This is a fantastic site, so glad I found it! Now my pygmy baby shall hatch sooner! happy.gif

And such a cute name! 'Egg-drop soup'. rolleyes.gif

just added my scroll nice site, and nice to find another self serve site cos basically ive joined one forum and its unlikely i will join any more. dont like the fact my 3 dead eggs are in the mix but if it cant be fixed its fine. smile.gif but if u can get a feature like other sites to tick off the eggs to be added or not to the site. Edited by selkie

I made a little button.

user posted image

[URL=http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/][IMG=http://img03.imagefra.me/img/img03/2/10/11/candygal/f_j5mld0o9p3wm_a3d9424.png][/URL]

My friends and I love your site.

Edited by candygal

Can we add just one egg to your site or does it auto add all??

It's an "All-or-Nothing" site. It's a bit inconvenient at times, especially for held trades, but the amount of views gathered aren't enough to make the eggs or hatchies sick, so it's not that big of a deal. happy.gif

Definitely one of my regulars. smile.gif

Love the banner, candygal! Is there anyway to get that "tiny pic'd"? biggrin.gif

I can only get through with the gregkennedy one. I cant get through the other. can somone help?

And byt he way, GREAT SITE!

I can only get through with the gregkennedy one. I cant get through the other. can somone help?

And byt he way, GREAT SITE!

They are both the same, so just go with the one that works for you. smile.gif

Ok I am using this site for a common egg. I like to test new sites to see how it works before I recommend it to friends. So far so good. I do wish we could add individually but that is ok too.