picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

Dion backtracked a moment and shut the door before continuing off down the hall. It would be a night of science again for him. Long hours of research. It was the least he could do for the hybrids and the war. ((Ts for them then?))

"Tch" Faze looked off to the side. He never thought of helping the war effort. In the thief world he grew up in, everyone looked out for themselves. He never bothered with helping others. The suggestion of suddenly changing that seemed humorous. "I..." not to mention he constantly bucked authority. "Don't think the law-abiding citizenship is for me..." not the wisest thing to say given current company, but it was true. When attention turned to Ayos and Akuma, the young hybrid sank back into the chair and growled quietly. "This one just grunts. And somehow I'M the grumpy one" she pointed at the chair Akuma hid behind. Only his tail stuck out, "I don't have dreams" he uttered.

Gal shrugged at Faze's response. It was as the boy said some people were just thieves through and through, Gal and stolen dragons for some form of greater good, Faze stole for what Galamonaro guessed to be survival. Nothing he could do about that. "Well if you say so, it's your life after all." He said casually before addressing Akuma's tail. "That's to bad. maybe you'll come up with something another time." A skeleton walked intothe library and clattered, the sound was a result of it trying to clear a throat it didn't have. "Master it is quite late, will all your guests be staying in the second floor quarters this evening?" It's that late? I'm sorry to have kept you all for far longer than I'm sure many of you planned. As mentioned the second floor bedrooms are available for your use. If you would like to stay the night just let the servant here know and he'll have the rooms preepaired accordingly." He said to the group.

Edited by En'K'Haral

(Just a heads up, I've lost all interest in roleplaying, and I won't be coming back to this thread most likely. Each and every one of you has been a dear friend to me, and I wish you the best with life.

Bye peeps.)

"I... see." - replied Geron, still a little doubtful of allowing humans to use magic. El-Naise nodded, as she and the others saw the ocean ahead. "Right. We must store energy for tomorrow's flight." - and, glancing over Rina and Geron, she dived towards the place that seemed to be a good place for four-dragon camp. Geron followed her. Rina glanced at Tackeron, before diving after El-Naise.

((So... warewolves (and I think Red too) has lost interest in RPs, and I haven't seen picknick lately too. Idk what to say.))

(I have lost interest in RPing also, but I lurk every day, sometimes I will force myself to post))

tackeron angled and dived after the others. With a few hard flaps of his wings the electric dragon came to a halt on the ground in the area that El-Naise had picked out. "Hard to believe that not too long ago I was flying over this area to get inland. ' He stated off-handedly while he found a spot to curl up. He didn't know if the eternal wind clan was the type to set up some kind of camp, he never did with the cult but many of the members he traveled with didn't really care enough to be bothered. "If there is anything you need my help with or that you would like to know don't hesitate to ask me."

((Push on I say. At least drive it to a proper close, I don't like leaving things unfinished.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

"We'll set up a campfire." - said El-Naise. - "And we'll be taking guard duty to ensure nobody gets us by surprise. Tackeron, I hope you do know about this... Huh?" - she turned her head to Rina, who approached her and whispered something. El-Naise nodded solemnly and turned to Geron, who was concentrating on something. the dark blue dragoness then approached the electric dragon. "I need to talk with you." - she said and motioned to follow her.

Tackeron nodded his head when El-Naise asked if he knew about guard duty. When he traveled with Earl and the others Earl always used undead guards while their group got some proper rest, it had been a long time since he travelled with anybody else. "Truth be told i almost forgot, our necromancer usually set up guards for us at night." He said humorously to El-Naise but that humor vanished when Rina spoke to him. "Sure thing." He said and followed after Rina (presumably away from the group) Once they got a good distance from the others Tackeron spoke. "So what's up?" He said rather casually to Rina.

((Took some liberties with this one, if you take issue let me know and I will edit. happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((It's fine smile.gif

Ted: Nu, it's not!

Me: SHADDAP! *pushes Ted in box* Sorry about that.

Anyway...))

After they walked enough distance from the group, Rina then looked straight in Tackeron's eyes. "Now look here, Tackeron." - she said - "It's about your... friends we are going to right now. We don't know how most of them would react to us. But don't forget one thing, and I'm sure of it: a few of them will most likely take a huge dislike of us, and some may try to get rid of us. Especially if they are Solomosians. Eastern ones, for the matter of fact." - after a short pause she added - "And please don't say otherwise, that all of them can be trusted."

Tackeron was a little surprised by Rina's words. Why on earth would any cult members react poorly to dragons. He was about to contradict her but as though she had read his mind she said not too and he closed his mouth. He sighed and shook his head. "People don't hate without good reason. Most of the new cult is Dominarian and in truth I didn't even know there were Solomsian survivors at all. The dragon uprising hit Solomos the hardest after all. If there is bad blood between you and anyone in the cult it's because the eternal wind clan did something to them." Tackeron said not really able to accept that members of the cult would try to get rid of dragons. "I have a hard time believing you but if what you say does come to pass you can always count on me when dealing with the cult. Even though I'm only an honorary member I do still hold a little sway. I'll be able to deal with most problems." He said with a hint of pride. Of course his 'sway' came from being close friends with the chairman and his right hand.

"I see... I am sorry for doubting you, Tackeron. I truly am." - slowly said Rina, but added - "However, again, don't forget: it doesn't matter from where he is, there always can be someone, who knows about us, especially after that... event." - she shuddered at this word - "And some of them will think that we are nothing, but a group of savages. You need to be cafeful around these people, if you see one."

After a moment of silence she said: "Let's gather some wood and head back to the camp. El-Naise definitely won't like the fact we didn't consider the materials for campfire." - and she began to collect large pieces of wood and branches, carefully picking only the ones she found more valuable for fire. "Try to gather only birch deadwood and branches: birchwood is the best firewood for campfire." - she said.

((Lolz for a moment I was like "Brown isn't Tackeron Brown is Jeth why is he being called Tackeron?" Then I realized what roleplay this was xd.png))

"It's alright." Tackeron said quietly and then was silent. At least until Rina brought up the topic of wood for the campfire. He chuckled and shook his head. "I keep forgetting that we have to do things the old fashioned way since Brian and the others aren't here. People may not like necromancers but there isn't any denying that their minions can be super useful." He said while snapping some branches of a nearby birch. "Oh, speaking of worries though, you may want to help Geron once we get there. Kinda like a celebrity barrier. Since he can use magic very skillfully recruiters are going to be all over him if they get a whiff of his aura." Tackeron joked as he continued to tear branches off the birch tree.

((Finish campfire and TS? Sai is kinda waiting on us x.x))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Heh. Mistakes can happen smile.gif ))

"You mean that skeletons are good with carrying stuff and keeping watch." - replied Rina without any interest. There Tackeron could notice another thing about her: she didn't have ANY opinions on undead and necromancers. Even her tone sounded normal when talking about them. But, of course, she could be hiding her true feelings.

Meanwhile the dragoness added, listening to Tackeron's warning: "Huh? Oh, I see... They are in need for professional magicians, aren't they?" - Rina laughed - "Sure thing. The poor dragon won't stand against countless requests to join them. Besides, if they happen to make him as a magic teacher... Everyone would just sleep on the spot. He's a bit... boring. Now please don't tell that to Geron." - still chuckling, Rina noticed that she gathered enough wood, and, gesturing to Tackeron to return, turned towards the camp with dozen of branches on her left shoulder.

((About TS: sure thing.))

Tackeron chuckled a little himself as he skillfully balanced the wood on his back between his wings. "My lips are sealed, literally." He couldn't help but add that last bit referring to the spell binding him to silence about their hideout. He followed Rina back to camp with the firewood in tow. He was eager to find out what kind of dragons these guys were around the campfire. Campfires always made people interesting.

((Unless you've got some super important development you planned on doing during the campfire I'm gonna call this Tackeron's final post for this day.

That said Unless Tronny boy posts otherwise it's mourning again! Sai that means you too if you get the chance I know you have finals happy.gif))

((I saw that this RP was dying and I had to bump this thread, so that it doesn't die out until I return again for good.))

“Good point, let’s do this!” said Kylie. Then the hatchlings searched around the woods until they came across a beach. “Hey let’s start there, guys. Then we can race back to the cave,” said Androcles. “I’m going to win this one easily, because I’m the fastest!” boasted Danielle.

“Another Eternal Wind dragon,” Aeolus murmured. “Yes, they are. We were helping him look for these. I am Aeolus of the post-Empiricon relief aid. Thank you for finding Richard’s papers.”

((Whoa! It's a super rare Red Dragonette! *pounce*))

"We'll just see about that!" Sapphire challanged as she lined up ready to start racing at the edge of the beach. Again she had no tintenntion of playing completely fair. She planned to use her magic to kick up some extra dust at the start. She waggled her tail tauntingly to her siblings to show off her confidence a little bit. "Ready whenever you guys are."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Tron did you want to start the next day after the race with red?))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((I was actually out of my mind. Plus I had some events that kept me away from forums (Both this one and Spyro's).

BUT, now I am ok. So... I guess it's campfire stories time!

And hello, Red Dragonette smile.gif ))

Upon noticing Rina and Tackeron, El-Naise nodded. "Good. Now, we have two choices. Either we can sit by campfire and think about anything, or we can go to sleep now. However, then one of us has to keep guard for some time, then he or she wakes the other up and that one keeps the guard and so on."

"And we can tell each other stories!" - happily added Itakira.

"I still don't understand," - solemnly said Rina, putting collected wood near the campfire and throwing some sticks there - "Why stories?"

"Silly Rina!" - blue-eyed dragoness laughed - "Stories always boost your morale and stuff! So we can wake up with fresh mind!"

"...Well, if that's so..." - Rina nodded and sat by campfire. Itakira meanwhile turned her head to Tackeron. "And you? What do you think about storytime?"

"You are welcome." - nodded Vardreck. Aero, meanwhile, was shocked. "What? You mean, you've met another one of us?"

"Waaait, what?" - Steve exclaimed in confusion. - "You know those guys?"

Richard gladly accepted papers from Vardreck, then wrote to Steve and new dragons: "No, we know about their clan only by name and their specific trait. We've met a blue dragoness with emerald eyes named Rina Windcutter, who also goes by nickname 'Bloodwing'."

"Rina Windcutter?" - the miner scratched his neck - "Sorry, never heard of her."

"She is one of our best warriors in the clan." - explained Vardreck. - "Pretty serious, but if you try hard enough, you can earn her smile, which is a rare occurence. Also, I've never heard of her taking 'Bloodwing' nickname."

"Yeah, actually..." - Aero said, head tilted to side. - "Why does she bear that nickname? Do you guys know?"

Tackeron shrugged a little bit. "Stories sound a little fun. However, scary stories don't really mean the same to me after having been around Earl and Erin for so long. Those two are plenty scary in their own right." He sat close to the fire and made sure all eyes were on him. "Still, there is the legend of the woodland witch. It's a true story, it goes something like this:" Tackeron stated in a nonchelant tone, but as he spoke again he did it with an air of gravity having opted to jump straight into the stories. "In these woods, near the foot of the mountain lives a woman named Conya. Many people call her Conya of the woods because she can bend the trees and plants to her will. Conya is very particular about people passing through her woods and exacts heavy tolls on them. In exchange for passage, one must surrender a finger or toe." he allowed his tone to get a little darker. "In exchange for a night a person must surrender at least a whole limb. Even more is needed when more people want to pass, costing as much as a person's life for three people to stay even just one night." he paused a oment to let that statement sink in. "There is no way to elude the witch for the tree leaves act as her eyes and the ivys are her limbs. If the price isn't paid right away she will come in the night just after all but the last person is asleep, and then she'll take the toll from the one who is still awake." He began to fade out. "Swiftly and silently covering the vitem's mouth so that they can't even scream." He was quiet at this point to let the others digest the story.

"Horror stories, m? That would be interesting..." - muttered Geron, preparing to listen for Tackeron's story.

When the latter began, Itakira was already interested. As the story progressed, she and the mage were already shivering. And in the end even Rina seemed to be a little unnerved. Only El-Naise seemed to be untouched by the story.

"That's... pretty creepy and chilling." - said Geron, still shivering. Itakira nodded energetically nodded in agreement. It was obvious that it was something new for them. El-Naise just sighed.

"Well then," - she started - "If we have ended up on scary stories, then I have one. It happened when I was still a hatchling." - she looked at the group, then began her story.

"Like I said just now, I was still a hatchling. At that time my parents always told me, that I should stay away from the north-western part of the desert. They never really told me why I had to, and it intriqued me a lot. I thought about the reason of this restriction.

One day my curiousity has finally became unable to bear. I was burning with a desire to find out, what was really there, and why my parents forbid me to go there. At the very same day I snuck out at night and went for that forbidden part of the desert."

A silence covered the camp, only a fire crack sounding through.

Tackeron had to keep from smiling when he saw the reactions of the other dragons. El-Naise seemed unfazed but somehow he was unsurprised by that, she was probably like him, real life had been far scarier than some story a dragon whipped up on the fly. What surprised him was Geron, he would have thought that a mage of all people would have been the most difficult to scare. He felt a little proud about the fact that Rina was a little unnerved by his story. He thought about adding the question of who was on first watch but decided to keep it to himself until the last possible second.

For now he listened to El-Naise's story. She seemed....kind of disinterested and more concerned with maintaining the facts. However, as she progressed even Tackeron was getting drawn in by the story. He held his breath as silence fell over the camp waiting for the part about the northwestern part of the desert.

"When I thought I reached the north-western desert," - continued El-Naise - "It was pitch black here, except the moon was shining high in the sky. Half of me was screaming to me to run away as fast as I can, but my other half tempted me to stay. Before I thought of what to do next, I heard someone talking. Curiousity taking over fear, I crawled there, trying to make not a single noise." - from this point the chieftain's voice started to become more creepy and tensing. - "When I found an owner of the voice... I was scared stiff. There I saw a dragon. It was covered in countless wounds and cracks. His head was covered in blood. He was whispering something that... I would not say it, but it sure was concerning betrayal." - pausing there, El-Naise added a branch to the fire, before continuing - "And suddenly he looked back at me. The moon was shining from the side, so I was able to see half of his face. His eye was bleeding. And I started to run, suddenly finding strength in my feet. When I looked back at him, checking if he was chasing me, I saw that he... was just standing there, his gaze followed me until he dissapeared when I ran over the hill." - El-Naise's voice became normal again. - "I made it back to my clan, and of course parents found out about me running off. They, of course, scolded and punished me, but when they heard my story, they were horrified. And my father told me the story about that dragon."

Rina and Geron exchanged glances, then looked at Itakira, who was shaking from her horns to the tip of her tail. Chieftain, meanwhile, continued, as if nothing happened: "That dragon's name was Dredt, who once had two best friends. For reasons unknown, they lured him in that part of the desert and betrayed him by attacking and torturing him, before leaving him to die there. And since then a legend has formed that he is still waiting here for his former friends to return, so he could have his revenge and finally find peace. However, he was bound to that place, the reason he had to wait. And he waited... and waits even now and then." - El-Naise sighed, finishing her story and looked at Itakira. The latter was scared stiff, as was Rina somehow (it was notable by her nervously blinking and flexing her paw toes), but Geron was almost untouched. It seemed like he, unlike Rina and Itakira, already heard the story. Then El-Naise looked at Tackeron.

((Decided to give color to El-Naise. It's purple BTW, since the color's barely visible on white.))

Edited by TheTron852

By the time El-Naise had finished describing her encounter with Dredt Tackeron was completely sucked in but, he seemed more fascinated by Dredt than frieghtened. As he had warned scary stories in particular those involving the dead had a different effect o him since he spent so much time with Earl who wa a necromancer.

As she concluded the encounter even Tackeron was experiencing a slight chill down his spine. Despite his experiances with Earl and Erin, El-Naise set a good mood for telling her story. By the time El-Naise had finished her story tackeron looked as if was expecting more. the chilling story had made the desired effect although perhaps not quite to the degree El-Naise had been going for. "That, was really good. " He said trying to relax a little but the more he tried to relax the more the chill got to him. "Are there any other stories or...is time to figure out who is on first watch?"

Once everyone was in the starting line, Kylie made the countdown for the race to start, "Alright guys, on your mark, get set... Go!" The four hatchlings started running through the woods in a haste to get back to the cave first before the others. Danielle's dashing was putting her sister and cousins behind with an increasing distance by per second. Kylie went with a method faster than her running by hopping ahead like a ball, putting her a little ahead of Androcles and Tezca.

Past

The battle between the furious Haniyan dragons and the Tategami empire had been raging fiercely for days since the end of the Empiricon War. The dragons sought to destroy the humans for the slaughter and undeadening of their brethren. Buildings burned on fire, eggs were smashed, bodies of both races lied limp and bloodies on the ground, and the human warriors traded with the scaly beasts swords, magic, flames, and claws. Eventually, the war reached the capital city of Tategami. The castle guards fought to defend the palace and keep the dragons from reaching the ruling Shishi dynasty who were making an escape to the port. Once there, Emperor Kuroda ordered Princess Soniko and her attendant Taniko along with some guard soldiers to leave the country for safety until the war was over. Soniko wanted her father to come with them, but Kuroda refused for he wanted to stay and defend his empire and people. So the ship set sailed without him. The little princess wondered if she would ever see her father again. Taniko assured her that Kuroda is a powerful swordsman and that he would save this empire and live through the end.

Meanwhile

It had been a few months since the departure from the Tategami empire. Everything was fine until a terrible storm happened and destroyed the ship. Everyone was killed and drowned; everyone except for Soniko who was fortunately to make it out of the disaster alive. She drifted unconscious on a broken piece of the ship and reached the Rudvichan shores.

Present

The race was still going on. Androcles kept on running until he tripped over a rock and rolled down the slope to the beach. "Ugh, what a trip," he said to himself. Danielle, Kylie, and Tezca ran off without knowing where their cousin was now. The grand copper hatchling got up and noticed a strange creature on a wooden board at the border between the sandy coast and the waving water. Curiosity brought him over to inspect the creature to see what it is. She had a pink flower clip on her black hair, white skin, wore wearing purple kimono with pink butterflies on it, and her scent smelled awfully familiar. 'Is that a human?' he wondered warily.

((Well that was a long post. I'll be making a character bio for Soniko later. Also, here's an unfinished picture of Androcles and Soniko: http://sta.sh/01bw8p4pouu1 ))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Rina and Itakira exchanged glances, then both shook their heads. Geron then coughed a little: "Well, I do know one story about-"

"Wha- Wait wait wait!" - interrupted Itakira, suddenly in panic - "Let's just go with guard duty, m'kay? Because everyone's probably already been spooked out with previous stories! Right, guys?" - she asked, turning her head to others.

"She's actually right, Geron..." - cautiously said Rina - "Besides, nobody would want to have nightmares, right?"

Then the blue dragoness shot a warning glance at Tackeron, which clearly meant 'don't laugh'. Geron opened his mouth to protest, but El-Naise was faster.

"Well then, it's decided." - she said with sudden serious tone. - "The row of guarding is this: I am the first to stay. Itakira is next. Then goes Geron, then Rina, and the last one is Tackeron. Each will guard for two hours. I have the timer. All clear?" - she looked around the group, then said - "Now, please have some rest." - then she pulled out the dragon-made sand clocks, turned them around, so the timer would start, placed it on a rock, then walked a few steps away. Rina and Geron immediately went to their respectful places, while Itakira quietly said to Tackeron: "And that's why we trust out chief with all our hearts." - and she went to her place.

Sapphire took off with the rest of her siblings and cousins when Kylie shouted. She had to really push herself just to keep Kylie and Daniel in sight. As it was she was traveling with Tezca and Androcles. She didn't see her brother trip since she was focused on Kylie and Daniel way up front. Go! She thought silently casting a spell. The result was a gust of wind kicking up some of the snow in front of the hatchlings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Hourglass?))

Tackeron cocked an eyebrow at Itakira in slight amusement. She is soo freaked. Rina looks like she's nervous too. Heh, no effect on the leader though, not really surprising. Tackeron thought as he nodded his understanding. He looked a the sand clock. It was similar to an old timer humans kept with them sometimes so he understood how it worked. Although he didn't know how long it was, not that it mattered much he could just ask Rina on his shift.

Itakira walked up to Tackeron and whispered to him. "I can see that. She is very much like the chairman in some respects." He whispered back before she walked off to get some rest. Tackeron himself just curled up by the dieing campfire and closed his eyes.