picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

"Yes, I think I know just the book that can help you out without having to decipher the magic formulas for a spell." Galamonaro said as he walked over to a book shelf close to his favorite sitting space in the library. The spot was right next to where Rika and Shadow were sitting currently. A number of the books there looked well loved. "She found an injured infant, we healed it and now she is back in the master bedroom taking care of it." He answered, plucking a slightly less raggedy book from the shelf and made his way over to Shat. "This journal contains the observations and research notes of one of our mages. He was particularly interested in illusion, alteration and transmutation. Now, you can create and manipulate crystal naturally and it just so happens that in here a few tricks for using crystal and other prisms and reflective surfaces to redirect light to mimic illusion spells. In other words: a smoke and mirror trick. In your case something simple like a blinding flash may be all you need. Or if you need people who are watching you to be looking elsewhere a fixed position light replica could do the trick, but that is much harder. Using both is probably the best solution I can think of other than making an actual clone." Galamonaro explained to Shat as he flipped through the pages of the journal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright then, sticking with the original plan it is." Tackeron said flying to the forefront of the group. He glanced back at Rina who seemed to be thinking about something but her expression changed apparently having come to some kind of conclusion. He looked forward again having decided not to address the topic. Instead he mentally celebrated finding potential allies. Progress feels good. As this thought crossed his mind his expression became somber.

Shat nodded and held out a hand for the book, taking it when Gal handed it over. As he flipped through the pages he nodded to himself.

"This does indeed sound promosing, thank you Galamonaro." Flipping a page, he curled into a more comfortable position and began reading. There was a serious intent in his eyes.

((Sorry I forgot about him, Tron.))

"Wha!" Aeolus cried out in shock from being startled by a dark blue dragon that had been in hiding. "Who are you?" asked the wind/earth dragon. Then Steve came over and asked who the new dragon was. "I don't know. I just saw him here in the bushes," Aeolus replied.

((Will do Atlas part later.))

"Whoa... sorry if I startled you." - apologized stranger and answered Aeolus's question - "And the name's Aero of Eternal Wind clan. Please, don't blame me on simple name, m'kay?"

"Wait-wait-wait, eternal wind?" - Steve shook his head - "Call me ineducated if I'm wrong, but there's no winds that could be eternal!"

"Won't call you that, human." - Aero blinked a few times. - "But you are wrong. We know a couple of places, where winds are blowing non-stop."

((I have no idea about what to write for Rina's part ._.))

"A race sounds nice! What do you think, guys?" Androcles asked. "Well I guess it could blow off some steam," said Kylie. "I'm going to win, because I'm a whiptail and that's the fastest kind of dragon in the world," Danielle boasted with high confidence. "Oh yeah, we'll see about that," Tezca challenged as he was determined to win this race. Seeing that everybody wants a race, Androcles said, "Alright then, that settles it. We'll all have a race." "But where are going to race to? Do we even know this place's layout?" asked Danielle.

The dark blue dragon made himself known as Aero of the Eternal Wind clan. After Steve said that there were no eternal winds, Aero said that he knew a few places were winds were ever-lasting. "Really? And which places would happen to have winds that don't ever stop blowing?" asked Aeolus skeptically.

((Normally we could fill this gap with really bad filler. xd.png Or, we could start having the characters bombard each other with questions. I think it's the Eternal wind clan's turn right now since Tackeron did all the asking last time.))

Sapphire was glad to see that no one was holding a grudge against her. Everyone was going to race, she was already thinking up way to cheat using her magic. However, Androcles posed a very challenging question. Did they know the layout of their new home. Sapphire and she was sure everyone knew the answer to that. "No I guess we don't do we, but we can ask mom. She's been here a lot maybe she knows." She said hopefully looking back at Atlas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm glad I could help, sorry I didn't think of it sooner." Galamonaro said with a smile. He turned tot he rest of the group who seemed quite intent on being anti-social. "You do not need to be shy, if you have questions feel free to ask them of me or my servants. If your feeling peckish just ask one of the servants and they'll bring you something to eat." He said hoping to loosen up this rather introspective crowd.

((*prod* Sai this RP still exists you know))

"So..." - Geron broke the silence - "Tackeron, can you tell us a little more about that cult of yours? Of course, I'm not asking for secrets. I'm asking, because we barely know it."

"Well, you can count in our village..." - began Aero - "...which is now ruined... Also there is one on the island near Rudvich - travelled there before finding our place here, and then-"

"Yeah, yeah. Wind blows forever and everything." - lazily yawned Steve - "Still hard to believe."

"What th- Hey!" - Aero exclaimed - "I didn't even finish! I can't believe humans have grown into-"

"Calm down, Aero" - a calm, masculine voice trailed from behind some trees. Then a large dragon, which could be easily recognised as a guardian, went in sight. He had the same cut wing membranes as Aero did. "Vardreck, an Eternal Wind elite." - he introduced himself to Aeolus and Steve. - "I've heard exclaims nearby and came to see what's going on here. And..." - he picked up the papers - "I assume these are yours?"

"Nope, these are his." - answered Steve, pointing at approaching Richard. The latter froze upon seeing two new dragons.

Tackeron chuckled. "I certainly hope you haven't heard of us before meeting me. Up until recently we were a secret society. How about I just give you the history lesson and you can ask me questions." As they travelled the current they started flying over a mountain range. "Well to start, originally the cult was founded for two reasons. The first and formost was the liberation of enslaved dragons through whatever means necessary. They did it all, from buying to stealing. The second objective was the study and conversion of magical arts. They took what they learned from Magi and other magic wielding dragons and converted it for human use. The operation was pretty much contained within one city but it was advanced. Headquarters was within the mountainside, the entrances were disguised as an overlarge cathedral in the city and a mine in the mountains. The dragons the cult aquired were nursed back to health within the base and then released on the quarry side of the mountain. Since the casting of the spell the cult was disbanded and scattered. However our current chairman reformed the cult with a more active role in the protection of dragons in mind." Tackeron explained and even as he finished the mine came into sight, it had clearly long been abandonned but they would be able to see several caves cleverly disguised as mineshafts following the viens of some form of preciouse stone.

Shadow snorted, standing up. He made his way to the book shelf and silently began to skim over the titles. He wasn't, at that point, looking for anything in particular, but rather just anything interesting. Shadow soon came across a book on transformation, and he began to search through it. "Hey, Rika, I can turn you into a mouse with this spell, or a dra-." Shadow paused his heart sinking. Rika, a dragon? That would be the end of the world. He thought to himself silently. Shadow quickly moved to another book, skimming through the pages, and putting it back. He continued this action until Gal had returned.

((I... will post on this soon o3o))

((Lies! All lies!

In the mean time is there anyone waiting on me?))

((God damn.... you people made me have to actually READ tongue.gif))

Dion laughed as Erin sounded more and more sleepy. "Not helping me out much here are you?" he chuckled. "So why don't you guys just purchase a house around here? You're being funded, right?" he asked. He figured it would be a logical choice seeing they were going to stay quite a while. He stared at the fire as it flickered, the light giving a glare in his glasses.

Rika watched the others go to and from. It seemed something had happened outside. Her thoughts were confirmed as Galamonaro mentioned a hurt hatchling. "Sure, just add to the company. Why not? Galamonaros once home, now a hotel" she muttered to no one in particular. The corners of Akuma's mouth twitched, a lost smile perhaps. Arumat rubbed the back of his head, "We're on a mountain. Where does a lost, injured hatchling come from?" Rika snorted, not caring. She lounged in her chair as Shadow inspected some books. "Ha, if I turned into a dragon, Atlas would have an ulcer"

Edited by Sai

((Sorry, I wasn't here for a month. I just lost interest in RPing and was more focused on writing stories and playing video games. I'll be taking a break from this RP for a while until it's in danger of dying out.))

"Okay, let's go ask mom," said Androcles. Before the hatchlings could go, Danielle suggested, "Wait, why don't we go find a starting place somewhere and then we go race to the cave?"

((Sorry if it was short, but I want to know what Sapphire thinks of this idea before I type responses from the other hatchlings in the next post.

No Aeolus part this time.))

"Nope." She simply stated as she made herself a little more comfortable on the couch. She yawned once before answering Dion's question although in a sleepy and mumbly fashion. "Right now we're just a temporary outpost. There is no garuntee that Brian will find this location suitable although he does seem to like it. Besides we can't just buy any old house, it's important-" She yawned again. "-scuse me, important to be accomdating of the larger dragons in the cult." She stared quietly at the fire for a moment as her eyes dropped. "I've had a lot of fun today Dion, thanks. I know I should get back but I think I'd rather stay here." She said with a smile but after that she fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire thought about it and agreed with her cousin. "That sounds like a much better idea. Plus we can learn about this place as we go." Sapphire said happily. She of course intended to cheat in this race but they wouldn't know, at least not right away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal laughed at the idea Rika put forth. "Hell, that's not such a bad idea. Just imagine chatou Adems, mountain resort and hotel. We offer rock climbing, swimming pools, hiking paths, haunted catacombs and of course everything you need to practice magic and swordsmanship. Rooms and suites of all sizes for every kind of customer from humans and pygmies to wyverns and giant dragons." he chuckled a little more. "Alas I don't know if I could live without my privacy though." He concluded, beside the whole purpose of coming out here was to be outside the law-zone of windfall. His name was still in the bingo book after all. "In the end I think not."

((LUL, ONE MONTH LATER))

"So what... like a mansion?" Dion mellowed over what could possibly hold many large dragons. In that case it certainly would take quite a bit of money. Or perhaps they intended to just find a cave somewhere? When there was only silence he glanced over. He stiffened when he noticed she was asleep. There was a slight look of alarm on his face, not sure what he was suppose to do. They were in a lodge, he recalled. Then perhaps... Dion carefully shifted away from Erin and stood up. He went to the front desk and paid for a room before returning to the couch and carefully lifting her up. A few people gave him odd looks and sniggers, making him feel awkward. He wasted no time leaving the room to avoid the stares. Once at the room, he opened the door quietly, crossed the room and pulled back the blankets before setting her down. Dion covered her with the blankets again and straightened up. A sigh of relief came over. Stupid... I should have at least asked where she was staying he rubbed the side of his head, hoping she wouldn't feel alarmed when she woke up somewhere she didn't know.

Rika smirked at Galamonaro's joke. It did have a pleasant ring to it. Zane snapped a book shut and placed it on the shelf, listening to the 'resort idea'. "And plenty of things to pillage" he muttered quietly with a chuckle. He glanced in the direction of where Galamonaro had said was off-limits, looking like he was weighing the consequences. Even for a necromancer, he seemed gentle enough. Though, Faze wasn't sure he wanted to risk being slaughtered by a small army of undead servants. His defense and illusion magic were great in skill, but black magic seemed to go around logical laws. Even magical laws. His thoughts ended with a simple, "Hmph" as he looked back to the book shelf. His eyes briefly connected with Arumat's who gave a sort of glare. The boy smiled innocently and he turned around with his hands in his pockets, leaning against the shelf. "Sure but if you want it to be successful, you need some colors in here. Maybe some girls" his tone was playful.

Erin stirred a little when Dion picked her up but she didn't wake. Not even the cooler air of the lodge's bedroom woke the girl and she seemed to smile when Dion drew the blanket across her.

Before Dion could leave the room tapping could be heard on the window. A bird of was perched on the sill. At first sight it looked like a pidgeon but upon closer examination one could tell that it was quite dead. Part of the head was rotting away and the eye's had no life in them. A message was tied to it's leg.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Girls? What, aren't Rina and the grumpy one good enough?" Of course by grumpy one Galamonaro meant Meracle who had yet to say so much as hello to the necromancer all the times they met. "I figure we get these two into something well...less, and your good." He said matching Faze's playfulness. Although in truth he didn't know how that would work with Meracle, between the fact that she didn't wear clothing to begin with and her many scars he couldn't think of how her being partially clothed would appeal to humans.

At this Ayos spoke up. "You know her name is Meracle right?" Gal shrugged it off.

"Mmm, well I prefer my girls human and not able to kill me with minimal effort" Zane smirked, glancing at Meracle. Meracle paused, letting her mind click that Galamonaro had meant her when he said 'grumpy'. She had thought he meant Rika. She was normally grumpy enough. A slight bristle came over her, "You looking to get decked?" she frowned when she realized she sounded like Albel, though much more subtle probably. Albel wouldn't have even asked. He would have just swung. "Ehe" Zane shifted in his spot. "My... occupation requires more speed than strength after all. A good illusion will do anyone over long enough to do the job" he said, just vaguely enough to keep the meaning of his 'job' out. Akuma glanced over the side of the chair as they spoke. Girls in less? His teeth clicked. Most humor didn't hit him. Perhaps that was because of Arumat. Of course, having been a kid concerned for his life for so long, he missed the lesson of appeal in girls in bikinis.

A faint clicking noise brought Dion from his stupor. He looked at Erin briefly, she was still asleep. He moved across the room to the window where he found a dead bird. Undead for that matter. Gently opening the window, he let the little monster inside and unraveled the paper, staring at it.

The paper was a message for Erin from Earl. It didn't say much, a simple note that instructed Erin to return to where they were staying although it did not detail that location. Stirring could be heard from behind Dion as Erin started to wake up. The cold winter air being let in from the now open window.

Erin woke up but was still pretty sleepy, she was lying down on something very comfy at first she was plenty comfortable but she turned and Dion came into focus. Her guard went up and the enchantress sat bolt upright. "Dion? Where am I?" She said still sleepy. The dead bird which could now be identified as a pidgeon in the light let out a soft but gurgled coo, the sound eminating from a slit throat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal just laughed at Meracle's threat. "No, but that is the first thing you have ever said anything to me...at all I think. Usually whenever we meet you either growl or stair menecingly. To be frank, you earned your nickname." He said although his spirits were clearly too high for the statement to hold any real insult. At the mention of Faze's occupation Galamonaro cocked an eyebrow. "Occupation? You seem a little young, what do you do?" Gal said non-chelantly.

Dion closed the window as Erin stirred. "Oh, sorry" he uttered, folding the paper up. "You fell asleep. I didn't know where you're staying. So I just got you a room" he said quietly. It seemed like the only thing to do. Taking her back to his house seemed a bit creepy since they met only a short while ago. And the fact he was sure he'd earn some sort of sucker-punch in some misunderstanding. Well, at least in his over-cautious imagination. It was something he developed after Albel killed him. "A note came for you. It seems your colleagues want you home" he crossed the room, handing her the note.

"Well you're a necromancer. When I met you there was the whole Empiricon thing. That didn't shine the best of light on your kind. Even the friendlier ones. I mean, have you SEEN Undertaker? Please, rate him on a scale of 1 to ****ed up" Meracle defended. She looked over at Faze, interested to hear his response. "Well, I..." he scratched the side of his face innocently. "I'm a collector of sorts..." "He's a thief" Arumat corrected simply. Zane smiled mischievously, "Oh such a horrible way to put it. But yes, I do lighten the load~"

Galamonaro nodded his head clearly having way to much fun with this. He kinda figured that was the reason but in reality he had never really been offended by it, but the fact that Meracle was upset was quite amusing. Then the answer to his question was made. "I see, well as long as you don't take anything you won't lose anything either." He gave the simple warning and then returned to Meracle. "I guess i can understand where your coming from. My practice of magic can hardly be considered orthidox. As for chuckles I rate him at 3. As far as necromancers are concerned I'm the most screwed up you'll find in this world. At least you've only growled and said mean things to me, I don't have to kill you for things like that." He said casually to the hybrid.

--------------------------------------------------------

She smiled at Dion. "That was sweet of you." Erin accepted the letter and read it over. She crumpled the paper up and tossed it aside. "Earl can rot, like his bird. Thank you for the room Dion I really appreciate the concern. Romantic men are hard to find."Erin said laying back down and pulling the sheets up. "If your leaving be sure to close the door, if your staying don't do anything wierd." She said before closing her eyes again. The bird stayed on it's perch having flown into the room once Dion went to close the window.

Faze laced his fingers behind his head, "Boy you are all uptight. Making threats already. He's already given me his bit of threats. Anyone else?" he pointed over his shoulder to Arumat. "What's a little gold?" he grinned again. Meracle cocked an eyebrow at Galamonaro. "Chuckles, huh? I suppose he is rather... happy... about dead things" she looked at him again as he continued, "The day you try~" she hinted.

Dion had a feeling of amusement as Erin openly disregarded the request. He stiffened at her words. Romantic men? Stay there? There was one bed. And TRY something? He found himself not dropping to the floor from sheer willpower. "I-I would never- Not that you're not..." he fumbled for the right words. Put him in a laboratory and he was a master genius. Put him in a room with a women and he was an idiot. "I'll just see you in the morning..." he pointed over his shoulder and backed towards the door, almost tripping over a chair.

Galamonaro just chuckled. "You can relax Grumpy pants. The fights I've gone thorugh were plenty for me." he said raising his hands defencivly. Personally I'd rather be persueing my masters dream or raising a family of my own." He added stuffing his hands into his pockets. He was glad the group seemed more lively now, even if the conversation was kind of wierd. "Since I'm on the topic of futures and now everyone seems more talkative perhapes we could here a few dreams of your own?" he posed to the question to the group as a whole.

------------------------------------------------------------

Erin's eyes opened and she rolled over when she heard dion stumbling with his words. She could only giggle at the comic display of nervousness. She couldn't help but tease him some more when he said he would see her in the morning. "Oh? Well I was kinda hoping you'd stay, the bed is made for two people not like I was gonna make you sleep on the floor. Still this is ok too." She said with a mischivous smile.

((After a LOOOONG skip...

I remember I owe you a reply, Enk.))

Geron frowned at the mention of magic being converted for human use. "The conversion... I can surely say that it created a lot of problems as well." - he said thoughtfully.

"Such as creating an organization that is opposed to the cult you described, Tackeron." - guessed Rina - "They must've had enemies. Watch out for bird flock. - she suddenly warned the group and went a bit down. She was right: a flock of swallows showed up ahead of the group.

"I see" Meracle said simply, folding her arms across her chest. She hadn't really discussed her dreams much. "I guess just... live a normal life. Without war or prejudice" she trailed off. Akuma peered over the edge of the chair again. He really wanted the same. It seemed to be a common goal for all hybrids. They were hated by many. Faze glanced up at the ceiling, "I... never really thought about it before..." he shrugged simply. He'd normally just go through life day by day. He had no relationship with his family and no real friends, so dreams seemed obsolete.

Dion's mind churned. He could tell she was teasing now, but that didn't make it any less awkward for him. He was usually too uptight for that type of joking. He paused at the door, his mouth opening and then closing when he found nothing to retort with. "Goodnight" he finally said breathlessly as he fled the room.

Tackeron chuckled, "Not as many problems as you might think. The founder already had working theories about the conversion and they weren't discovered until well after they were opperating on a major scale. Well, technically the true face was never discovered. Woops!" Tackeron pulled up a little to get clear of the birds before righting himself again. The ruins of a city came into view below. "That's the city I was imprisoned in. The big cathedral down there is the cityside entrance to the old headquarters." He said pointing out a large church at the base of the mountain. Unlike everything surrounding it the cathedral seemed untouched by the destruction. Only time had harmed the building. "The cult was operating as an organization of dragon theives, their only true enemies were the authorities and human supremists." Tackeron explained responding to Geron's statement. "The closest thing to an apposed organization was a special unit in the police force who's sole purpose was to capture the members of an organized crime group that stole dragons. Between the use of magic and human tech along with the co-operation of a few grateful dragons the cult fooled the city with a fake mining facility and pasture. I think the biggest reason we were so fortunate was that every mage was sworn to an oath of silence about the magic studies. If that silence was broken the founder or one of the higher ranked members could strip that person of their magic and if it prooved necesary their memories could be altered. They'd no longer be able to wield magic and sometimes they could recall nothing." Tackeron concluded rather solomnly. "Ah, there's the ocean. We should set down for the day I'm starting to get tired and it's no small hop over that body of water to the next continent."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You forgot to close the door!" Erin called after him having herself a little giggle. She hadn't really had the oppertunity to jerk people around like that in a while. Although, Dion himself was a very nice person. Probably shouldn't tease him like that too often.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh heh, pretty lofty dream there Meracle. Gal said casually. The idea of peace and no prejudice, that was certainly appealing. However, minds did not change so easily. Sure there were plenty that would get tired or fed up but there were those stubborn ones too. When he heard Faze's reponse he cocked an eyebrow. "Is that right my young thief? Well I've got good news for you, you can do something with your life. Look at me, I used to steal for a living then the spell happened and since then, lets see...I was errend boy, a pilot, a negotiator, even an assasin." Naturally he left out mass murderer, fake dragon hunter, and vandalizer. "What about you young hybrid and tiny dragon? Anything specific in mind?'[/color] Ayos turned his head to one side as he thought about his answer. "Wouldn't mind having a family but I really would like to see the other continents before settling down for good."