picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

(It's a just born hatchling bleeding with a bit of the egg still stuck to it's head.)

Laura gently brought the hatchling out and spoke briskly, knowing time was of the essence.

"I don't know, I was flying over when I smelt blood. I came down and this guy was here. We need to do domething Gal he's going to die at this rate!"

Redfire answered after a few moments.

'We have almost finished capturing all the minor villages on(whereever it is, the map confuddles me). We were just about to contact you about the mest way to seperate the dragons in the next town. Informants say they're fierce fighters.' His tone conveyed he would kill them if he had to, but dragon blood was not something he wanted. They had still yet to use any serum dragons, except the bait dragons who were just talented but didn't have a drop of serum.

Edited by warewolves

Richard had to use gestures to tell Aeolus about his problem. He said that he lost his papers, thus he can only . And, of course, Steve didn't get it. "Okay, I don't understand what he is trying to say." - he said - "Charades, anyone?"

"Tackeron," - said El-Naise, lowering her eyebrows - "Promises have no meaning to us, and what you have said is useless to us. We barely know about your cult, and I'd prefer to see by my very own eyes what they actually are. We won't accept their help, unless we see that they can be trusted. I am sorry. Geron, prepare the spell. I hope you do remember approriate words, right?" - she asked turning her head to Geron. He nodded and began to mutter something.

"Relax, it's not as bad, as you may think." - said Itakira to Tackeron. - "I was under the Bind once - and I've easily managed to get used to it."

Edited by TheTron852

Tackeron shrugged to El-Naise. "Then I'll show you our headquarters, I mean if your up for a long flight that is. You can still bind me if you want but Erin or another member will probably just break it later." He said to the group as a heads up. It was clear he wasn't going to struggle against it but his words had no faltering either, showing that he was confident that anything they put on him could be undone with a simple request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galamonaro looked over the hatching carefully. He still wasn't confident in his healing abilities but he had the crystal in his belt pouch in case things went wrong. "He has plenty of life still left in him but it's bad to move him around. Hold him still." He pulled out the blue healing crystal so that it would be on hand and placed his free hand over the hatchling. The life wasn't yet escaping so only basic healing magic would be needed. He concentrated on numbing the pain first and then on closing the wounds. The scratches started closing up and then the bruises started to fade. When it was done the hatchling was in peak health again although the eggshell was still very much stuck to it's head. "I think he'll be ok." Gal said ponderously putting the crystal back.

((Sai: I don't remember the name of the dragon that gave him the crystal x.x))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Dominaria happy.gif))

Malice thought over Redfire's question carefully. "...how about some propaganda instead of force this time. Send a regular recruiting party accompanied by magi dragons. Have them advertise that any dragon wanting to keep their families from accidentally getting caught the crossfire are welcome to stay on Solomos or in any occupied territory, and that any dragon wanting to make sure Solomos and the territories stay safe, can join the forces. In fact we should send those parties with the same message to every village and city even if their not allowed inside the village, close to it is good enough. The more often they see us keep our word and make the effort to protect them the more likely they will accept the aid. Those who don't accept our aid and end up injured or killed will look foolish to others enforcing our position, since no one likes looking foolish. This will ultimately separate most of the dragons from humans before our forces arrive, any dragon left behind risks getting injured but don't deliberately attack them unless they attack you. Don't expect a huge feedback right away though, many dragons still aren't fond of our ideals but as long we give them the chance to get out of the way I bet most of them will. I'll organize the forces here to prepare to screen and receive refugees. As a heads up you will likely notice some human migration after the propaganda campaign is launched so have the next wave launch their attacks from the south of the continent instead of the north. We will likely start seeing Aquarion interference before too long, so increase inspection severity as well. The troops need to be sharp as tacks and their armor needs to be worn properly. Troops not on the front need regular drills so they don't lose their touch." Malice said in reply to Redfire's query.

((Malice means send the recruitment/propaganda parties to all the towns/villages etc., all at the same time.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Redfire quickly estimated the loss to troops and nodded. It would take a big chunk out, but they would still be a force to be reckoned with. And with reinforcements close nearby, they would barely feel the loss.

'Ok Malice, I will send groups to try and seperate the dragons as you have spoken too. I will also send 2-no 5 bataltions to the southcoast. They will be under General Sleets command with a magi for messages and dragons of every type. That leaves us enough forces to watch out backs but contnue the attacks on the front, after a certain time.'

(Sai, mind handeling the 'spread' of the news? I don't know how to space it out enough.)

Laura sniffed the healed dragon and gently removed the piece of egg with amazing care. Carefully going over the dragon, she realised it was a dep red in colour, and had pale golden eyes.(http://fav.me/d2wn41d)

"He looks fine" she breathed a sigh of relief, and gently placd the hatchling on the ground. She glance to it and frowned.

"But why was it left in the middle of the forest, hurt like that? And more importantly what do we do with him now?"

Edited by warewolves

Aeolus watched and tried to interpret the gestures Richard used. "I think he said he was missing something. Probably his papers, because he had his pen, but nothing to write on," he answered. Then he looked around for the papers and told everyone else, "Everybody, it seems Richard has lost his papers. If anyone sees them, then please alert us."

When Malice told Atlas to take the hatchlings to Rudvich and that he'll stop the advance, Atlas asked, "Wait, Malice. What exactly are you going to do? You're not going to start the war against the humans, are you?"

((Well thats the thing. All Rudvick villages have been retreated into the main cities. Those are controlled by Aquarians who won't allow that propaganda. Since they already started attacks, anyone coming around with it will be killed.))

Akuma shrugged, "I guess so. I'm just wondering how that whole conversation is going to go between Atlas and Malice. He probably would rather turn on Atlas than see reason to anything. Filthy beast gives dragons a bad name" he looked off to the side. Meracle stalked over, "Oh don't fret so much. malice will find his quest impossible. Humans are like cockroaches. And besides, millions are against him. He's just going to annihilate his own specie. If those morons get killed that works out for us anyway" she folded her arms across her chest.

Dion smiled at the fire, "Well yes, the fire gets the credit for that. I would offer hot chocolate but we just ate" he laughed. He leaned back onto the the couch and relaxed, "The hardest part here is not falling asleep"

((That's Rudvick though. The current invasion and Propaganda actions are happening in Dominaria which isn't really prepaired for it.))

Malice shookhis head at Atlas's question. "No but I must go in person, in case I need to stop this by force and if I fail I don't want to risk you guys suffering from the backlash of my actions. So go to Rudvick, stay there, and under no circumstances are you to come after me. If Redfire does betray and kill me, coming after me will only get you killed too and then no one will be left to look after our children and nieces." Malice was aware of the very real possibility of his plan's failure. If that happened he needed to make sure a future was secure for his family. Atlas had guessed right about his true actions but Malice didn't give that away. "Keep up the good work redfire." Malice said to Redfire although he seemed a bit distracted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't have an answer to your first question but for the second one I say we take care of him. I mean we don't know if your with child but if you are we'll at least have the oppertunity to find out what we're in for." He said to Laura looking up at her. "Also, if a mother comes looking for him I'm sure she would rather find him alive and healthy rather than abandonned in the forest again." He added reinforcing his 'let's take care of it' stance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

((drawing a blank for Ayos. sorry))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heh heh, well that's ok. The fire is plenty." She said leaning back on the couch and letting her head rest on the back support. She let out a huff/laugh as dion siad the hard part was not falling asleep. "I can see that, it's really comfortable. Beats out that stupid apartment we rented out b a long shot." She answered although she was speaking slower and more sleepily now.

El-Naise thought for a while. "Hmm...Seems like he is speaking truth... But I can't risk, too..." - she thought.

Itakira raised her eyebrow and looked at Tackeron. "Uh, who's this Erin?" - she asked.

Finally El-Naise said: "Geron, proceed with the Bind. Then put a tracking spell on me."

"Uh, my Chiefta-" - began Geron, but corrected himself under dragoness's glare - "Sorry, El-Naise, but are you sure-"

"Yes, I am sure." - replied the chieftain. Geron sighed and began casting his spell. Tackeron could feel that something happened to his mind. He felt that something inside restrained him from talking. It took approximately two-three minutes before the feeling vanished, as if it never happened.

"The Bind is unique, because it can change the words you are not allowed to speak, however it is very difficult to learn. Of course I am not saying it is impossible to break. Any spell can be broken." - said El-Naise, as the mage began to cast another spell, this time focusing on her. - "Right now you can't say anything about our location, even the continent is included in here."

"Okay, got it!" - Steve nodded energetically and began to search, muttering - "Wonder if Rich can somehow become able to speak..."

Richard began to search too, since it was his papers after all.

Papers were actually on the ground, near the tree with a bush. And, unbeknownst to the group, there was a dragon in hiding, who witnessed the fight. "Whoa." - he whispered to himself - "These guys are really powerful, if the managed to defeat those necromancers..."

((If I did something wrong, please correct me.))

Laura smiled and picked up the hatchling and turned her attention to Gal.

"Well need a nest of some kind, something...bird like? Something to keep the little guy warm." She paused as he shivered, and curled up tighter. She glanced to the servents and frowned. Truth was, she didn't know her way around well enough to say 'make a nest in this room'

"Erin is one of the mages of the cult. She is a diviner and an enchantress which is a very potent combination of studies for those who can handle it. As a diviner she could determine the nature of a spell amongst many other talents a diviner has and as an enchantress she posseses the knowledge needed to pull apart the majority of seals, binds, curses and other enchantments. Erin along with an invoker named Brian, a necromancer named Earl and myself make up the r...r...well the vangaurd that is laying down the groundwork to establish a presence here. I think sealing the continent name is going to get in the way in a big way." Tackeron explained to Itakira and the group as a whole, adding the last bit after having trouble saying Rudvick. "But whenever your ready, we can go. The others are welcome to come along as well if they want." He added looking in Rina's direction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well the master bedroom is plenty big and we would be right there is anything happened at night." He said as the hatchling curled up for warmth. "I think that is probably the best idea for now." He knew most humans put their children in a crib in another room but this wasn't a newborn human, it was a dragon and dragons took care of their hatchlings differently than humans took care of their children.

"Wait, a necromancer? Ugh," - Itakira shivered with disgust - "I still don't understand, WHY they are still doing what they have been trained to do?! I mean, all those zombies and skeletons are scary, disturbing and... dead! And besides-"

"Kira, can this one hold for later?" - yawned Raven. - "Your opinions on necromancers are tiresome, you know."

El-Naise stared at Tackeron with suspicious glare, then turned to Geron: "Geron... I think you have mistaken the words."

"What do you mean?" - replied mage. El-Naise answered in turn: "He is supposed to be unable to tell where we are, not to be unable to pronounce the continent's name."

Geron was shocked. Quickly giving Tackeron his 'sorry', he began to mutter spell words to alter the Bind, but chieftain stopped him: "Doesn't matter. You'll just waste your energy. And..." - she looked at Itakira, who was trying to hold her giggle, but finally gave up and started laughing, and continued: "...you and Rina are coming with me." - then she turned to Tackeron and said: "We're ready." - and walked to the cave exit, Geron and Rina following her.

Tackeron chuckled at Itakira's little rant. It was kind of funny how her own disgust practically reflected that of Erin, although in Erin's case the disgust was with Earl in particular. He shook his head as Itakira burst out laughing and headed for the entrance where Geron, Rina, and El-Naise were waiting. "Itakira, in my time I have found most necromancers fear final death." He said plainly over his shoulder to the laughing dragon. "Alright let's go then." He spread his wings and was about to take to the skies when an idea hit him like a ton of bricks. "Actually wait, Geron do you know a teleport spell? That would save us a lot of time and energy. He asked realizing how stupid the idea of flying all the way back to Dominaria seemed.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((So they're in Dominina? That's where Aeolus's relief air team is at. I wonder if they'll encounter them at some point or not. Guess I'll have to wait and see.))

"But Malice," Atlas interjected. "Aunt Atlas, let's go! We can't stay if we're going to be in danger," Kylie told her. The magi dragoness sighed in surrender and teleported herself and the hatchlings to Northwest Rudvich. Once they were at the pine forest, Androcles asked, "Mom, is there going to be an invasion?" "I don't know, Androcles. But your father might be trying to declare war on the human race. I just hope he doesn't get killed for it," said Atlas.

((Will post Aeolus part later.))

Laura nodded, gently nudging the hatchling to get its attention before picking it up once more.

"Lead the way Gal, and if you could get some warm blankets for him to snugle into that would be nice." She gazed at the hatchling, and her eyes softened and she smiled.

"Wasn't expecting to have one so soon Gal."

((Depends in which part of Dominaria they are in. TAWDOH is operting the northen most parts right now.))

Once they were gone Malice let out a quite sigh. His family may not have been well liked in Rudvick thus far but the aquarions proved that they welcomed all even if the ones being welcomed weren't liked. Now he could get down to business, first he needed to get things prepaired. "Redfire, there has been a change in plans regarding the refugees. Your gonna need to make another dragon relay the instructions and have a magi pick me up, I'm going to the front lines."

----------------------------------------------

After they teleported back Sapphire smiled. Her dad was finally going to stop being around Redfire. The severity of the situation was lost in her excitment that her dad was going to start liking humans too. Although her brother androcles put a damper on that excitment really quick with his question. "Of course there isn't going to be a war. Dad is going to make Redfire stop and then we can live here and I can be friends with hybrids and humans." She proclaimed happily shooting down her brother's concern.

---------------------------------------------------

Galamonaro had some of the servants collect some blankets and instructed them to meet the couple at the master bedroom. "Shadow and friends you will have to excuse me for a moment." He said to the group before joining Laura. "Niether did I, however there may still be more on the way so we should take this oppertunity to prepare for them as well." He said warmly to Laura as he lead the way to the master bedroom at the end of the hall. He also called over some servants and instructed them to prepare a room for Rika and Shadow who would be staying the night.

((Aeolus is in the southern part of Dominina.))

"Live here with humans and hybrids?! No way! I'd rather be away from them," Danielle ranted. "Yeah, me too," growled Tezca. "Quiet, both of you! Yes, there are some bad humans and hybrids in this world. But like us, there are good ones out there, too," Atlas scolded. "Good hybrids? Now you're changing your opinions on them?! Aunt Atlas, they killed our aunt, your sister. And they become very aggressive when they smell blood," Kylie pointed out angrily. "They were made to be killers against their will, they didn't want to be monsters and dragon-hunting tools, but their creators forced them to be! Plus, most of them have been cured of their Hunter's Mode," Atlas growled. "But you didn't trust your 'friend' Minerva on that," Danielle said. "I know, and that was a mistake, because her husband didn't try to attack when I made my paw bleed. In fact, he was 100% sane. Minerva was telling the truth, but I was too blinded by hate to see it. Look, I won't forget about my sister's death and I still don't like hybrids. But I trust Minerva, no matter what. And if her children go into Hunter's Mode, I'll let her take care of the problem." "Oh so now you're going to believe this human? Aunt Atlas, don't you remember how many times Aeolus has been betrayed by humans? The same thing is going to happen to you!" Kylie growled. "Yeah, but now he's okay with them this time and for real, because his mate Canteralla has the ability to tell good people from the bad ones," Atlas told her. Just why were her nieces being so stubborn? Why the hell does close-mindedness run in the family? "Canteralla? I thought she was dead," said Danielle. "She was, but then she got revived by a guardian of nature and she's traveling with Aeolus around the world to give relief aid to all the victims of the Empiricon War. And guess what? They're traveling with humans and if they were bad, Canteralla would her mate about it and Aeolus would get rid of them," the magi told her. Knowing Amora dragons and their ability to see someone's alignment between good and evil, Kylie could see that her aunt was right. The balloon hatchling groaned, "Alright fine, you win. But I won't socialize or get involved with humans and hybrids unless I know they're really trustworthy for sure." "Yeah, me too," Danielle said. Tezca scoffed, "I'll never get become friends with humans, no matter how much you try to convince me." Atlas looked at her adopted son and said, "You don't have get close to humans, but know that there are good ones out there." "So what are going to do now?" asked Androcles. "We're going to go find a new home for now, come on," said Atlas. Then and the family went to look for a cave to live in.

"Anybody found the papers, yet?" asked Aeolus. As he searched approached a tree and bush and noticed a dragon there. "Oh hello," he greeted the stranger.

Edited by Red Dragonette

"WHOA!" - the dragon jumped from shock. Then he exited his hiding spot. He was mostly dark-blue with deep red eyes. There was some sort of a symbol on his both wings' bottomside, and wings themselves had perfectly cut middle membrane. In size he was a bit smaller than Aeolus.

"I thought I was hiding good enough... Oh well. Hey there!" - he greeted the green dragon.

"Nah..." - Steve shook his head. Then he saw that a new dragon showed up and approached both him and Aeolus. - "And who is this guy?"

Richard was still looking for his papers.

((Had to imagine Aeolus's size ._.))

"Hahah... Oh." - Itakira's laughter immediately ceased under Tackeron's statement.

Geron shook his head: "I am afraid not."

"Back in our village the teleportation spell was useless, since our village was our only place. And besides, we prefer flying over instant teleporting." - explained El-Naise.

((I just bunnied your characters into the air so that we could get on with the journey, it will be long an uneventful. But that can be changed if you like.))

Tackeron nodded his head. "Well alright then, no big deal. Raven, Itakira, see you guys when we get back." Tackeron stepped out and took off with the three eternal wind dragons and began explaining their trip. "I'm thinking we catch the south western current and travel south west first over the old human city, and then cut across the ocean to the Hanyian peaks. We can break there for the day and tomorrow we catch the north western current to the island off the Dominarian coast and rest for the day again. Then we fly west to the western plains of central Dominaria and bam on the cult's door step. Three day trip four days tops, provided we don't hit storms while over the ocean." He explained to the group as he searched out the current.

((Ah currents, rapidly becoming my favourite plot device happy.gif))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire shied back when her cousins retorted at the idea of living with Hybrids and humans and she sat quietly while her mother set them straight. She was glad that they were willing to accept humans that were trustworthy but a little sad that Tezca wanted nothing to do with humans, but she could understand why. So she just followed her mother silently and helped to try and spot a cave.

((Uneventful? Meh... I guess I'll have to make things a bit more interesting.))

After launching in the air, the three dragons listened to Tackeron. After he was done, Geron suddenly smiled: "Correction, my friend: that would be two with a half days, two at best. We are a bit faster, than you think."

El-Naise decided to help electric dragon with the current. And in almost 9 seconds she found it. "Over here." - she called.

((Hope I am not powerplaying here.

Rina: Here we go: a Mary Sue Phobia.

Me: What? I fear that I am powerplaying!

Rina: Hence the term 'phobia'. Besides, it's not like I/any of our clan/anyone in this RP would kill you for this.

Me: ...))

Laura smiled as she walke into the room. Gently placing the dragon down she breathed gently on the hatchling, which opened it's eyes in response. It yawned, and snuggled into the nest, vanishing from sight. She chuckled and curlsed herself up nearby and motion to Gal to go.

"You go do what you need to do, I'll watch the little one."

((In some cases it might be power-playing but in this case it's called plot advancement. Everyone loves plot advancement happy.gif))

"I know you guys are fast, I was talking about me. You don't know where your going and I don't fly as fast as you do. Otherwise I would have pointed you in the right direction gone back to windfall and you would be there in two and a half days, complete with a place to stay if the need arose." El-naise found the current for Tackeron and the group flew into it and rode it south west. "Thanks El-Naise, I appreciate your help finding the current." He said to the Chieftain.

((I'm looking forward to your curve-balls cause I've got nothing.))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galamonaro nodded to Laura and left her alone with the hatchling. She seemed happy, that's good. I think it's been a while since I've seen her so relaxed. He thought to himself cheerily. He had even started humming a little when he walked back into the library to join Rika, Shadow and the others. He wondered where Shat disappeared too, the dragon had asked for his help and now Galamonaro had an epiphany about how he could facilitate that help. "Has anyone seen Shat?" He Asked to the group as a whole.

After finding the cave, Atlas and family went inside to take a look at the cave's interior. There was nothing inside; no dragon, no animal, no nest, or any other hints of occupation. "Looks like we found our new home. Alright, you kids go out and play while I get things set up in here," said Atlas before she went inside to make the nest. The hatchlings were left to make their decisions on what game to play. "So what do you want to play?" asked Androcles.

"Do you want to race?" Sapphire asked the other kids although she wasn't really sure if they would want to play with her after being so mad. "I mean...if you guys aren't too mad at me." She ventured fearful of the response. After all it was essentially her fault that Atlas was accepting hybrids even if she wasn't going to like them. I hope they aren't too angry.

"You are welcome." - nodded El-Naise and turned her head to Geron - "Geron, I think it's best to stick with Tackeron's instructions. We truly don't know that council's whereabouts, and I do not sense any lie in his words. Besides, speed doesn't always solve anything."

The mage fell silent for a while, then nodded: "I see your point, El-Naise. Alright, Tackeron, lead the way."

Rina was silent during the conversation, as she was thinking. For her, their new "friend" could be truly an ally, but at the same time she felt that he was hiding something. Finally she decided what she would do, and switched her mind to other things.

((Red, I'm still waiting for Aeolus part))

(Yay for magical vanishing replies dry.gif)

Shat peeked out from behind the bookshelves as his name was called. In his claws were a few books that were very old and dusty. He glanced to Gal and frowned.

"You wanted me? Also, where's Laura wasn't she here a little while ago?" He frowned, and walked toward the nearest chair and gently put his books down, turning to face Gal once more.