TJ09

Egg/Hatchling "Status" (POLL RESET AGAIN)

How do you think this should be implemented?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IF this ever gets implemented (very old thread!), I would prefer an option to disable it, AND to toggle whether it's visible or not.

Think about it: We already get people "helping" us, putting our eggs/hatchies in fansites EVEN when we have the "no aid" message.

If there was a big thing on the scroll that *said* that the eggs weren't getting enough views, we would have even *more* of a problem with that then we have now.

IF this ever gets implemented (very old thread!), I would prefer an option to disable it, AND to toggle whether it's visible or not.

I'd think it would just be invisible all the time. There's no purpose in making it visible to anybody but the scroll owner. If not, it would make the most sense to make it tied directly to whether you're accepting aid or not.

But yeah, an option to turn it off would be nice. (Not that I ever look at my eggs' and hatchlings' pages...)

hmm... I think you necro'd a 2 year old thread. biggrin.gif

As it stands, if you are logged into your scroll and one of your dragons is sick, there is a message status at the very top of your scroll telling you which dragons are sick and need to be fogged.

No wonder why I thought this was new. I didn't read the posted year. If it needs to be implemented, I think the one option with the majority of the votes is fine. I think our sickness warning is good enough though. An egg cracking should be sign enough that you know you're doing it right.

That sounds good too.

I was coming here just to say the same thing. It would definitely help out the newbies who don't know just how many clicks they need ("this egg seems soft" just isn't that informative). Particularly the youngsters who may get over zealous in posting or think that the eggs will hatch on their own. But for people who have been playing for a bit, it would get pretty old and useless after a bit. So a happy medium would be to have an account setting to turn it on or off :3

I agree completely. biggrin.gif

I don't know, of course, but now that we have sickness warnings with a link to an explanation, isn't the situation pretty much covered?

And wouldn't the terminology alteration from the traditionally used Soft Shell/Sickness to Hungry/?Overfull? or whatever it was be confusing in itself?

Edit: after all, this was proposed years ago, and the situation has altered considerably, with accessible help links, volunteers, etc. being far more available than back in '09...

Edited by Syphoneira

Could be useful for people starting out. Or if we're going away for a few hours, it would be nice to know that our egg/hatchling isn't close to getting sick...

But people doing ND experiments, or purposely holding their eggs for a long time to wait for trade ( like the recent halloween 11 release) might find it annoying?

I like this idea, and I definitely think it shoould be able to be disabled for those who don't want it. Perhaps if there was also an option to make it public or private?

EDIT: Although I just realised, making it public doesn't really make sense - other people would only see it after they'd clicked an egg, at which point they wouldn't be able to un-click it if it was nearing sickness...

Edited by darkittyhero

No wonder why I thought this was new. I didn't read the posted year. If it needs to be implemented, I think the one option with the majority of the votes is fine. I think our sickness warning is good enough though. An egg cracking should be sign enough that you know you're doing it right.

I don't actually support the suggestion at all so didn't vote in the poll - BUT to this - there are MANY posts in help - and even individual threads "Help, my egg is cracking; what did I do wrong..?" WTF....

We CANNOT cover all levels of - I was going to say stupidity but that's not nice, and not quite what I mean anyway, but... This is all in FAQ and the on scroll help file - but neither one can cover EVERY possibility. You know when an egg/hatchie is sick, by the scroll warning. There is a link there telling you where to look for advice. What more do we need in the way of handholding ? Next will we get "you have a space on your scroll - would you like to go and catch something ?" xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

I like this idea as well. It would help me figure out if I need to fog anything. Plus it would help new users out.

I do agree with others, though, in that one should be able to turn it on or off.