TJ09

Egg/Hatchling "Status" (POLL RESET AGAIN)

How do you think this should be implemented?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Switch places with Warm and Cool, so they go in order of how the dragon would be. You may want to make the one being used to be bolder and the others "shrink" back.

I think it will be useful. Especially for newer users to know just how well they are doing, and gives established players a better idea of how well they are doing.

I like it and I also think it will be useful to new players. But i'm sure it will be useful to me also biggrin.gif . Now you have to guess does your egg get enough views, clicks etc. but in future you can easily just check how your eggs/hatchlings are doing. And it prevents eggs soft shell and hatchlings sickness smile.gif

Edited by Ollie

I don't find it an extra burden if that is going to be where the original soft-shell or sick used to be. I think it'll make the page a little funner to visit seeing how the the sick message only appear when the dragon/egg is sick.

It'd also be helpful to new users too.

Certainly useful for newbies, but, as someone who's been playing for almost a year, I feel like it could almost undermine my own judgement. Like it would make it too easy, and take out some of the guess work. I mean, if I wanted it that easy, there are a dozen other sites that don't even have ramifications at all for the amounts of clicks/views a pet gets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I think it would be good for newbies. But for me, I would feel that it would take away something from me. Weird, I know.

But that's why I would only go for it if there was an option to disable it. So long as the "Sick" description shows whether or not you have the notifiers enabled.

Edited by Starscream64

I chose 'I think it's useful' mainly because I think this adds an interesting dimension to the game. Can I always keep my eggs/hatchlings satisfied? Plus, it will be nice to know if I'm on track for hatching/growing up before the first crack shows up or gendering occurs.

Poll reset again. It appears that the majority opinion is that it should be added, so the question now becomes "how?"

Very useful for new players, and perhaps for experienced players as well, when experimenting, or in case your favorite fan site is offline as is happening a lot lately (a different fansite may require a different strategy to get the eggs to hatch quickly without becoming sick).

If it is made public, I'd like the option that it can be switched off. If it's private, i don't care if I can switch it off or not.

Great idea TJ,would help new people a lot (two words, not one),but would it be possible to have the option,where we could turn it off or on,Then would be a stupendous(ms) idea

The idea is another great one and would probably cut down on the ? in the help section.like they have mentioned before me

Well, you see, I think it should just be on all the time, because I can't change my account settings, it won't work. If mine doesn't, I can't be the only one.

Well, you see, I think it should just be on all the time, because I can't change my account settings, it won't work. If mine doesn't, I can't be the only one.

Wait... are you saying:

I can't change it, so no one should be able to?

Because that's just unfair to everyone else... It's not our fault..

No, no, no. That's not what I meant. I'm saying I can't be the only person with that error. Understand?

But that error is obviously the exception, and it's not fair to make everyone without the error suffer because of it.

I vote can be disabled. Again.

Voted the 'default on, visible to owner' option. It's a great idea, but as so many people have pointed out, experienced users would soon get sick of it. And i really don't like the idea of anyone who happens to view my egg being able to see it's status, nor do i think i'd be especially interested in the status of the egg i was clicking on to give views etc.

No, no, no. That's not what I meant. I'm saying I can't be the only person with that error. Understand?

Out of curiousity, why can't you change your account settings? Are you making sure you enter your password when you try to change anything? Because you have to, otherwise the changes won't take. Check to see that you're doing that, and that you don't have javascript turned off or anything. I've never not been able to change the settings on my account or any of those that i scroll sit for.

Im in favor of this idea, Default on option to turn off, but i cannot break my head over visible to self and public.

Having this plubic has a lot of pro's and con's.

Pro's:

Other players can help out "newer" players (with accapt aid on ofc) without their knowing when they see an egg or hatchling in troubble.

When doing experiments fellows scientists can view allow about what you are doing.

Con's:

I have seen it happen when player a post eggs from player b on a high traffic site in order to kill those eggs. With public on player even enjoys those faul actions even more.

It also gives a feeling that things aren't private IE like when you are taking a shower in a public plave and there is a small hole in the wall, after you checked it you know there isnt anything behind it but it still feels ackward to stand there with nothing on.

There are probaly many points to public more, hence im still in doubt about that.

Sep

I think it should be default on but able to be turned off, and default private but can be made public.

I voted 'Default on, can be disabled, only visible to owner.' as I, myself, would prefer this way. However, I think if it is possible maybe public vs owner only could be another option? I think a members who like to use 'accepting aid from others' probably would also want those others to see the status info to see if aid is truly needed. I hope this made sense. smile.gif

I do think the option of having the new stats show is fabulous for newer people.

For most of the rest of us, if you can see the age of the egg/hatchie, and it's at an age close to possible hatch-time/adulthood but still hasn't holed/matured to the point where it can, you know the dragon's very likely in trouble.

I do hope the stats now visible will remain so - they're all most of us need as a general indication.

okaaay, I have a few questions here xd.png

First, I voted "Default on, can be disabled, public." although I'm thinking maybe more of a personal/public option that we could use. Just make the whole thing customizable?

And second, does this replace the soft shell/sick hatchling thing? Or is it in addition to it?

< tired and sick

I like this. It would be very helpful for new and current players alike. happy.gif

hmm... I think you necro'd a 2 year old thread. biggrin.gif

As it stands, if you are logged into your scroll and one of your dragons is sick, there is a message status at the very top of your scroll telling you which dragons are sick and need to be fogged.

I think this feature is a good idea, especially (but not solely) for newbies. Personally, I don't care if it can be turned off or not, because players learn to ignore it sooner or later anyway. Still, I think it should be publicly viewable because it might help friends, mentors and scroll-sitters alike.