TJ09

Egg/Hatchling "Status" (POLL RESET AGAIN)

How do you think this should be implemented?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I'm just going to copypaste the "help" page info on the status thing.

If you would like to tell if you are doing a good job raising your egg or hatchling, check the status indicator on the egg or hatchling's page. The status will be one of the following values:

• Warm/Satisfied You're doing great! The rate that the egg/hatchling is receiving views is around where it should be for the egg/hatchling to hatch or grow in a timely manner.

• Cool/Hungry You might want to try getting some more clicks, unique views, and views. At the current rate, the egg]/hatchling may still hatch or mature, but you risk getting close to running out of time.

• Hot/Stuffed It might be a good idea to slow down. The egg/hatchling is still healthy, but you don't want it to get so many views and clicks that it becomes sick.

• Sick You should definitely slow down. The egg is receiving many more views and clicks than it needs. If an egg or hatchling is sick, there will also be a message at the bottom of its information page. If it continues to receive views and clicks at the current rate, it may die!

Temperature-related = egg, hungry and such = hatchling.

I think it would help new players, but it would get boring after a while. More experienced raisers would end up ignoring it eventually. Could there be a thing where it shows up in the beginning but when you reach a certain number (like there's 10 for reviewing descriptions) it stops showing up? I didn't vote yet.

I think it'd be good for the hot/stuffed status. I never know when I should take my hatchies off the fansites. ><; And I know they always get too many viewa/unique views/clicks Y_Y

So I'm just going to copypaste the "help" page info on the status thing.

Temperature-related = egg, hungry and such = hatchling.

Shouldn't it be Sick = Hatchling Soft Shell = Egg? It might be useful for people that don't know the basics yet, or for people that never had a sick egg/hatchling... But I don't see most of us using it everyday.

sick = hatchlings sickness or egg soft shell.

I don't know how to vote on this. I don't need it, but I think it's interesting. It might be fun. Also, it might be helpful for new players.

so, I didn't want to vote No, don't add it. Or that it might be useful, since it probably won't be particularly for me. So, I'm voting "other" even though that wasn't one of the options. I don't personally need it, but it could be rather fun, and may be useful for new players.

Well "useful" does not necessarily mean useful to you.

I think it would be very useful, especially to those that are new also. I like it and would probably use it, even if it's just because it adds to the fun.

Extremely useful for new users, so it gets my vote! It won't bother me one way or another anyway.

sick = hatchlings sickness or egg soft shell.

Well "useful" does not necessarily mean useful to you.

I know, I was just saying since it's what we say when the egg is sick 'n all.

I like it!

It would be useful to me because i'm never sure if my eggs/hatchlings are getting enough/too many views. I used to only post my eggs in one forum, but people started complaining and it just sorta got unpopular all of a sudden. So now i use hatcheries, because even though i still use the one forum, i don't get the amount of clicks i used to. Before i used hatcheries, i never had a sick egg/hatchling ever, but now that i use hatcheries, i've had a few sicknesses. I think it would be nice if there was a warning before it got sick so you could prevent it.

I love it! Perhaps it will cut down on all of the repeated topics in the help section?

Yes, I think it would be very helpful. Then I'll know if my eggs and hatchlings are getting too few or too many veiws. smile.gif

How about if there was an option to turn this on or off in Account settings? However, it defaults to "On" to help people out, and they can choose to disable it if they know what they're doing.

How about if there was an option to turn this on or off in Account settings? However, it defaults to "On" to help people out, and they can choose to disable it if they know what they're doing.

This would be great!

Because to me, the idea actually seems annoying, but I can see how it could be useful for new players, so if I could turn it off on my account settings, that would be perfect.

I think it's too petsitey and takes a lot of the challenge out of it.

This. Right here.

Yes, it would be helpful to new users. But half the challenge of DC is getting the eggs/hatchlings to grow up! Learning the right amounts of stats, trial and error. It's one of the things that makes DC more challenging and interesting then all the other adoptable sites. It makes you *think* and *experiment*.

If it is implemented, though, PLEASE have an opt-out. I definitely don't want it on my scroll. I know how to care for my dragons, thankyouverymuch.

I think it would cut down on new-user confusion. I recently introduced a young friend to the game and I spent a while explaining to her how to raise her eggs into dragons. People who find this site on their own and don't know about the mentoring program could be helped by this.

There is still challenge in the game regarding grabbing the eggs you want and figuring out how to get geodes or neglected dragons.

How about if there was an option to turn this on or off in Account settings?  However, it defaults to "On" to help people out, and they can choose to disable it if they know what they're doing.

I was coming here just to say the same thing. It would definitely help out the newbies who don't know just how many clicks they need ("this egg seems soft" just isn't that informative). Particularly the youngsters who may get over zealous in posting or think that the eggs will hatch on their own. But for people who have been playing for a bit, it would get pretty old and useless after a bit. So a happy medium would be to have an account setting to turn it on or off :3

I know this would probably help me, I can tell fairly easily how my eggs and hatchlings are doing, but I do think this would be fun.

I think it's too petsitey and takes a lot of the challenge out of it.

The counter-point to that is that there's arguably no challenge to raising eggs the way things are now either, unfortunately. Throw them in a fansite and you're good to go.

Maybe other terms for the eggs?

For the hatchlings it's fine, but i'm not liking the idea of a stuffed or hungry egg.

Edited by Pa Tone

I think it would be very useful. Just think of the unclutteredness of the help threads if this is implemented! laugh.gif

/happy dance