skunklover

Dreams You've Had

Dreamt about a zombie apocalypse last night for the fourth time. I'm really hoping I'm not an oracle of some sort.

I'd barricaded myself in my house with some other people who... I don't remember who they were at all, my brain just kind of registered them as allies? And I "knew" that it was my house but it seemed to have a lot more rooms (including a weird basement that eventually became infinitely deep and large somewhere during the middle of the dream) and everything was just bigger in general. While searching for supplies we found a lot of my old art and I was pretty embarrassed about it. Random people kept breaking in, most of whom weren't even zombies, and most of them were allowed to stay to hide from the actual zombies. Eventually there was a giant mob in the living room milling about (someone set up a booth and was selling something I'm not sure what) and when I left I realized the house had detached itself from the ground and was now floating around in the sky using some kind of contraption full of tubes. It was weird even when I was dreaming it.

I think this makes for the 3rd Skyrim dream I've had in 2 months. (and remembered enough of. There's tons more I only remember tiny bits and pieces spread out like some sort of goddang puzzle.)

Normally it's just talking with Farkas, but this time it was with Vilkas. And we were exchanging secrets. o-o

I can't remember all of what he said, just tiny parts.

And what I do remember, I can't say on here, so. xd.png

I keep on having the weirdest freaking dreams lately. dry.gif

Also had a dream about a flower a few nights before that. So yup. I don't even remember what I was doing with it, just holding it I guess.

There's lots more I could say, a lot more dreams I've had. But none of them are really noteworthy. unsure.gif

I have another dream where I was a Tyrannosaurus Rex with claws and was ready to hunt.

Dreamt about a zombie apocalypse last night for the fourth time. I'm really hoping I'm not an oracle of some sort.

I'd barricaded myself in my house with some other people who... I don't remember who they were at all, my brain just kind of registered them as allies? And I "knew" that it was my house but it seemed to have a lot more rooms (including a weird basement that eventually became infinitely deep and large somewhere during the middle of the dream) and everything was just bigger in general. While searching for supplies we found a lot of my old art and I was pretty embarrassed about it. Random people kept breaking in, most of whom weren't even zombies, and most of them were allowed to stay to hide from the actual zombies. Eventually there was a giant mob in the living room milling about (someone set up a booth and was selling something I'm not sure what) and when I left I realized the house had detached itself from the ground and was now floating around in the sky using some kind of contraption full of tubes. It was weird even when I was dreaming it.

A zombie apocalypse is my typical kind of dream (along with alien/dead space dreams), I love them very much, they are more dramatic and much better then movies. laugh.gif

I have only one blue pen. In my dream I got two but both of them has fading ink when I wrote with them. I then tested my pen after I woke up. tongue.gif It's writing fine.

I had to make the video with teammate, I got the message that it was failed because of me. I woke up and watch that video that should be uploaded, it was fine;

There was this era in history that is most memorable and it is the mark of a Golden Age. However, something tragic happened. Now, everyone is always commemorating about that era. Usually doing nothing but feel sad that the era was over. If there's some conversations going on, it will always lead to that era, and there will be crying as they thought of what was once good.

Well, I was saying in my mind. Leave the past behind and stop lamenting about it being gone. Go and make your own history! Stop being unproductive and remembering the past.

Perhaps that dream is giving me a message. I often think of what I could have done in the past. I think I should be changing the things that I can change, namely the present.

I often remember my dreams and I like them.

But some weeks ago I made one I still remember very well and which let me upset for some time: I was in the street near my office when a crowd of people started to gather. I feared they could damage the place so I went up to the office to be sure the door and they windows were closed.

Even if the door was closed soon people started enter the office and then I recognized one of them was my dead school teacher and the other people were ghosts too. And I realized that if I was seeing dead people it was because I was dead myself.

At that point I said myself to wake up, because that was a dream and I didn't want it anymore - this is something I do when I have bad dreams, I understand they are dreams, tell myself to wake up and I wake up. But that time a voice said that it would not work, I could not wake up because I was dead.

Then I kept telling myself to wake up and at the end I did, but it was a very unpleasant sensation.

Once I had a dream about some crazy man-monster who was biting off peoples shoulders and chasing me unsure.gif

Iside... You do realize that if you realize your dreaming instead of making yourself wake up, you can enter a lucid dream and do whatever you want, like you can force your dream to be about if dragon cave was real life. biggrin.gif

Strange dream of my brother's best friends renting/buying one of my uncle's places, renovating it to have a bar/club on the ground floor while living on the top floor.

i had a dream earlier that it was the zombie apocalypse and my group ran into another group who agreed to take us in. well, the other group was super evil and they told us if we wanted to stay, we had to pick someone from our group to die or they would pick someone via computer. well we kept this evil group talking and i snuck over and broke the computer in half. it was weird and my group almost ended up picking someone to kill because the other group drew guns but then we made a run for it.

I had to go to classroom because I had to take physical exam. But I slept in bus so I get off at opposite of campus. I run to building that I had go to. At that building, I forgot which room I should go. I asked to professor there. She said I have go to room 120. I saw room 119 but next room was room 104. When I get to that room, exam was started already.

Iside... You do realize that if you realize your dreaming instead of making yourself wake up, you can enter a lucid dream and do whatever you want, like you can force your dream to be about if dragon cave was real life. biggrin.gif

Yeah, last time I was is such situation I tried it. It was like I told myself "This is just a bad dream, wake u.. no, stop! DON'T wake up! This is a dream so you can control it!" Unluckily I was able to control it only for a shot time before waking up then, but I'll try again next time cool.gif

Edited by Iside

I had a nightmare, where my entire class was put into this hunger games/battle royale thing. The arena was basically just a square room. Everyone refused to kill each other, and the game master got fed up after a while, so he just set traps and stuff. The whole room blew up, and everyone except me died, I was really, really upset about it, all my friends were dead.

Immediately after that, I got put into another arena. This one was weird and rocky, and looked quite prehistoric. There was a bunch of tracks that had carriages with loot inside. I tried to befriend two other tributes, but they turned into weird rock monster things. And chased me for a long time. I escaped by jumping into a pool of water and climbing out on the other side. I kept going, and found a few corpses, and severed body parts. I picked up a few hands, in case there were any wild animals, so I could distract them. A while after that, I found a black-purple raptor thing, it had a skull shaped pattern on its forehead, so I was pretty sure it was venomous, I threw the hands past it, but it didn't notice them. 3 more appeared, and I just decided: screw it. I returned to the tracks and went the other way, where it was getting really dark. I entered a house, and planned to stay there till morning, but I found a grenade and accidentally blew up the top room. The explosion attracted a few other people, who attacked me. By that point, I was too depressed by the death of everyone I cared about to bother fighting back, so I just told them to shoot me in the head. Then I woke up.

First thing I did was go onto Facebook to make sure all my friends were still alive.

Is lucid dreaming a good thing?

It depends on how you look at it. A lot of people(me included) would like to be able to have lucid dreams, but I guess some could dislike it for a lot of reasons.

Lucid dreams are great in my opinion, what isn't great is sleep paralysis, which can be quite terrifying.

I wouldn't say it's good OR bad. It's just dreams that you're able to be fully aware in and thus are usually able to totally control or at least move around in the way you want.

But it can have some scary side effects, most notably sleep paralysis, in which you are awake and can see around you but cannot move due to the body's way of paralyzing you during REM sleep to prevent you from possibly hurting yourself. During this time, many people report auditory and visual hallucinations that are generally very nightmarish (ghostly voices or figures, or even monsters, for example). Others report simply feeling a lot of dread like something bad was about to happen but they couldn't do anything about it.

Sleep paralysis isn't unique to lucid dreaming, but generally you're more likely to experience it if you wake up in the middle of a lucid dream, iirc.

ohmy.gif I see. So, I've been having sleep paralysis. I didn't know the term for it. I would have dreams or a state where I feel a claw of something (I thought it's an evil and demonic witch) scratched hard at my chest. That's scary. Can you explain why the body would paralyse you to avoid getting hurt yourself? I mean there are those sleepers who sleepwalk or sleeptalk or move in their sleep that can harm them (the sleep talk at least doesn't) like falling off the stairs. Why isn't the body paralysing itself in those cases?

I dreamed I was in a Town of Salem scenario, and I was the Serial Killer.

It was a fun dream. I wrote down the details in the dream journal I've been keeping to help with having more lucid dreams.

Can you explain why the body would paralyse you to avoid getting hurt yourself? I mean there are those sleepers who sleepwalk or sleeptalk or move in their sleep that can harm them (the sleep talk at least doesn't) like falling off the stairs. Why isn't the body paralysing itself in those cases?

Well, it's not like our bodies are perfect. o.o I don't know why specifically their bodies don't (always) paralyze them, but it's pretty much just like any situation where someone's body doesn't do x or y or whatever.

But most of the time, your brain paralyzes you for that reason. Often times during REM sleep we can 'see', 'hear', and even 'feel' things in our dreams. If you've ever seen someone or something (like a pet) when its asleep and it begins twitching, that the paralysis keeping them from moving around too much. Cuz if you COULD move around when you're not truly aware of your surroundings, you can easily stumble into things or swing your limbs around and bruise or break them.