skunklover

Dreams You've Had

Had this dream in minecraft style, with blocks and stuff, but I was still normal. There was water below and this guy told me to jump. I couldn't recognize him, he just looked, well, like a guy. in the end, there was this big ledge, and after he kept saying it, I tried to fall backwards with my arms out dramatically. I couldn't bring myself to do it the first time. The second time I tried, I succeeded, it felt like I was actually falling. And then I spades out and moved position in mid air. My legs slammed the edge of the ground while the rest of me landed in the water. Luckily, I've never broken a leg, and it didn't hurt. That was weird, because you usually wake up during dreams when you're falling.

Me, I have a few reoccurring dreams that usually happen when I'm unhappy about something in my life. When I was with a guy who didn't quite appreciate the finer aspects of my personality, I dreamed CONSTANTLY about running away...like, running away from home, even though I didn't live with him in the dream or in real life. I would always be escaping from my home, and actually flying away with human arms - totally weird. I would always get caught, though, and returned to my home. I always had this dream only when I was in a relationship with a man I realized wasn't a good fit for me (three separate guys over like...3 years? They were all online relationships =x). Haven't had it once while I wasn't in a relationship, and have never had it once while in my current 3-year relationship.

Last night, I had a weird dream about...living in the Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time land of Hyrule. My family was there, with me, and my cat. For some reason, I decided that it was time for me to leave home for some journey or something, and I packed up essential things (and my cat), and left home. I think I ran into some trouble...maybe the night zombie things from the game, but I can't quite remember now.

Edited by Katzyn

I don't really have recurring dreams, I have a recurring dream world. I could draw up a map of the world in my dreams. It's similar to the real world around where I live, but many places are different but the world is always the same. The only locations in the dream world that are the same in the real world are my grandparents house and the area where the trailer I used to live in used to be, though.

There's also specific rules that apply to my dream world:

-Don't drive too far down the highways. They start to twist into roller coaster like turns and loops and cars usually fly off into the distance.

-If it's night time and you're driving down the road, something is going to come after you.

-If you're in deep water, something else is there with you (even if it's a swimming pool) and it's probably sharks or the Kraken.

-Schools are a labyrinth of nightmarish tall staircases, bridges over 20 story gaps, and platform game like jumping pathways.

My dream world's a pretty awesome place though. There's at least 4 different theme parks, a neat older-era city, a castle-like city, and the average big city type place with all kinds of tall buildings in place of Indianapolis. There's a lot of large hilly areas far off from where my house is and there's this beautiful crystal clear river a ways east of my house past a dirt road that follows a train track into a big forest that usually has strange things living in it. And there's a huge water park far, far off down the highways I've only visited a hand full of times but it has this massive water slide that goes down a mountain into a wave pool.

...My dreams are really odd.

That's pretty cool, Twilit! My dreams do usually occur in my real life settings, though they are usually somewhat distorted somehow. Though as in my op, some do occur in video game worlds.

Unfortunately, I take a certain medication now, and I think it blocks me from dreaming...last night's dream was the only one I can remember having in a few months, whereas before I started the meds, I was dreaming every night, usually about my boyfriend or animals...sometimes about coworkers. And I think I only had last nights' dream because I forgot to take my meds last night LOL.

Thank you =( I couldn't find it, even using the search function. Weird. =/

**edit - ty for merge**

Edited by Katzyn

I was thinking of these two dreams I had a little while ago last night. One of them was awhile ago, at least a couple of months, so I only remember random bits and pieces. The other I had two days ago, and I had just moved back into my old room (was in it at first, then was moved to another room, and finally was moved back).

So, the one from awhile ago was rather...weird, but there was this one guy and event that I really remember. Basically, I was on some sort of field trip with a bunch of other kids. We were following this guy that wore all purple. Like a mix between a butler and magician. He had these really sharp teeth and this purple top hat, though I can't remember what his eyes looked like.

We wandered around on the countryside for a bit, though I didn't talk to any of the other kids. Eventually, we came across this really big pasture. It was fenced with barbed wire and had a herd of horses milling about on the left end. The guy wanted us all to climb the fence and get to the other side. I was in the back when the kids started to cross, though it was one at a time. When most of the kids were on the other side, with only me, a little pale girl, and the man waiting to cross, the herd of horses got all agitated. The little girl, who was rather petite and had yellowish white hair, was about...mm...a fourth the way across. I looked over to the horses and there was a bunch of people messing with them, trying to make them run around.

Which they started to do. The little girl would have been ran over, but the man leaped down into the pasture, snatched her up, and ran back. He was holding her really close to his chest and she was crying, while I kind of just sat there watching them and the horses.

I think he said something about keeping us all safe, but that is all I can remember. The dream really stuck with me though, and I actually described one of my dragons on my scroll to match the guy.

Alright, the second dream that was a couple of days ago. This one focused on these two boys. I was practically controlling one of them and interacted with the other boy a lot (though he sometimes ignored me).

The basis of this dream was a book or movie. It was about the other boy, who had this really weird superpower. He can basically change reality and command it. An example from the dream was that he could point at a balloon and say "That yellow balloon will pop in three seconds." and it would.

The trouble with that power was that he had to be extremely specific. If he pointed at a balloon and said "That will pop.", then the balloon will pop, but eventually. Say, in four years, or thirty minutes. You also have to take into account that he said 'that', not 'that balloon', so now it could also mean a random object.

Enough of all the technical stuff and back to the dream. I was attending that boy's birthday party. I was his best friend or something, it was kind of confusing, but there was a lot of balloons and random kids that his parents invited. I can't remember his mother, but his father was Hohenheim from FullMetal Alchemist.

So, something happened and the boy got into a fight with another kid (who had this kind of gothic look). I was trying to calm the boy down, but he wasn't listening and then started to use his power. He started to talk about how the kid had a horrible life and was depressed and all this stuff, and, because he used his power, it happened. Even though I knew the kid hadn't had a bad life and had good parents, the boy had changed all that with what he was saying.

Eventually, the kid ran away crying (which is what the boy said he'd do) and I dragged him out of the house. I kind of yelled at him, telling him he couldn't misuse his power like that and how he had ruined someone's life. I probably could have told him to take it all back, but I didn't. Then his father (the Hohenheim lookalike) came out and talked to him about something, which I can't remember. I do remember his father hugging him though.

And that was when the dream ended. It was really weird, since I haven't had a dream where I was someone else with a different history for a long time.

In my dream I heard something, like a demon whisper or something.. I was scared in my dream so I made some excuse trying not to admit it. This was the excuse. "Hey brother are you saying something in your sleep? Wake up. Wake up!" The problem was I tried to wake up from my dream to wake him up but... My eyes were glued shut and so was my mouth! I struggled to awaken, but nothing was working. I couldn't even get out of my bed! Suddenly I woke up. Gasping for air. But I was not scared any more. I went back to sleep and woke up in the morning. After a normal day I was going back to sleep then I got up in the middle of the night, and went to go use the bathroom. But I hit my head on the corner of the door. I woke up for real this time. And thought to myself " That was a weird dream..." And then I went back to sleep and had a dream about shooting monsters with crystals.

I died in my sleep last night, but I didn't feel any pain. It was really trippy.

I was sitting in some airport terminal/restaurant/hotel or something (I don't really know what it is...I've been there before in past dreams, it's a pretty cool place actually) with a small group of other people, about 4 or 5 other people. I was upstairs before I went down to sit with those people. The people upstairs were trying to catch some guy they think was going to try to kill people. Anyway, I went downstairs for a rest. A few seconds later, we heard gunshots and the person sitting a few feet to my left was shot but there was no one there. I heard footsteps and heavy breathing coming closer to me, so I grabbed my backpack (which magically appeared next to me) and threw it down in front of me. The invisible murderer guy stumbled over it and I jumped on his back and wrapped my arm around his neck. Suddenly, he was visible and I could see him trying to point the gun at my face. He shot me 3 or 4 times on the left side of my face. The left side of my face got really warm and I heard a high-pitch sound ringing in that ear, but I didn't feel anything. Then I woke up. My face was warm because I was lying on my left side. It was so weeeeiiiird. o-o

ETA: Forgot to mention those people didn't try to help me. ._.

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I was at lobby at building. I had to do job interview and that office was in 14th floor. I saw elevator and it said it was broken. I ran through stairs. At the 7th floor, I rested for a while. And I saw office in front of me. I get in the office. Interview started. I don't remember what happened next.

Dreamt most of my teeth fell out,

I use to have dreams like that when I was grinding my teeth while sleeping. The teeth would crumble out of my mouth, and I'd wake with a sore jaw. I had to find the stressors that generated those dreams and deal with them. It's been a long time since I had any of those dreams, and the teeth and jaw are fine now.

I have been having a lot of dreams about floods or tsunamis lately, wandering on the coast and trying to escape the path of the churning water, or viewing the aftermath of the high water, but I live about 25 miles from the coast, and the real weather is near-drought conditions.

I also have dreams where I wander old roads, sometimes by vehicle, except the transport changes or vanishes altogether, and I usually end the trek on foot. I rarely find the end of the road, and if I try to return, the path has changed. blink.gif

My teeth dreams were a little different. They just kinda fell out. I stuffed all of them in my pocket hoping I could find a dentist later. The rest of the dream is a bit foggy. I remember this abandoned mall, where a few shops were open. And me and a few friends had to get a bunch of supplies, but the stores didn't have them, and we had to keep running back and forth. I remember somewhere earlier on this thread, someone mentioned that dreams about teeth falling out means that there's something you want to say.

Those dreams about tsunamis are kinda creepy.. But I think it may be a premonition. If its really dry now in the coastal regions, when it does rain, it'll either rain a lot continuously, or a crap-load of rain will come down at once, stop, and then continue after a few hours. Basically, it could flood.

My teeth dreams were a little different. They just kinda fell out. I stuffed all of them in my pocket hoping I could find a dentist later.

Oh my, and I thought I was the only crazy person that dreamed about my teeth falling that way. It seems that I'm not alone anymore *giggles madly*

My dreams are really strange sometimes. Once I dreamt that Death came home and, instead of taking someone with her, we started baking cakes. CAKES. And other time I dreamt that I was tied up to a post and a tribe of indians wanted to eat me.

But of all my strange dreams ever, it was the one in which I was (as an expectator, like a camera, more or less) on the tower of Devil May Cry where a pair of bulls, one white and the other black, were fighting against each other (I think they came inspired from a book I had read that same day) and then, appeared one of my biology teachers (WTF?!) who nodded as approving what the bulls were doing. I even remember that she was drinking a black coffe and had all her bags and purse with her. And then, all of a sudden, Toothless, from How to Train you Dragon, appeared and saved the black bull, who had been dragged by the white bull that tripped and fell, turning into a ceramic looking man.

So yes, my dreams are kinda of weird when my imagination wants. Of course, they are fun to remember sometimes.

My dreams are really strange sometimes. Once I dreamt that Death came home and, instead of taking someone with her, we started baking cakes. CAKES.

I dreamt death was sitting in the bath tub with the shower running

I don't know why this scared me so much but for weeks after that dream I wouldn't go in the bathroom if the shower curtain was across and I was terrified of looking in the mirror and seeing him there

(really all he did was sit there and smile at me, even though I couldn't see in his hood)

Last night I dreamt that I robbed a bank with two idiot henchmen, using a plastic spoon as a weapon. laugh.gif

all my dreams are really long and complicated. I once had a dream where I was at school, and then all of a sudden, it was an apocalypse, and my dad came over to save us from school, and it was night time (I don't know why we were at school at night) and there were predators from AVP there that were chasing us, and everyone was running away, but -of course- I couldn't run fast at all, so my dad and sisters just left me, then I woke up.

Another time, I dreamed that my older sister and I were sneaking out to go to some sort on wonderfully fun carnival place, but then somehow, my little sister had found and caught up with us, and started ruining everything.

Last night I dreamt that I robbed a bank with two idiot henchmen

It seems like every time you do something like rob a bank, the henchmen are always idiots.

It seems like every time you do something like rob a bank, the henchmen are always idiots.

That's because we are the masterminds, and our helpers are our minions.

Also, the other time I had a really stupid dream. There was a man on my kitchen, but you couldn't see his face, and he was filling a glass with the water of the faucet with a tiny little spon. And the glass was always half empty. That was all the dream. A waste of imagination.

I had a recurring dream where I was in the Totally Spies world in ancient Rome and I had to trip (like, trip over something) in order to be able to fly. This occured maybe 10 to 15 times over a span of like 5 years

Nearly every night I have some kind of crazy dream.

Ages ago I had a dream where me, two of my friends, my mum, my sister and her friend were all in the car. We then had to stop the car because in the middle of the road there was a giant slug. We then went to a theme park where we took the slug on various rides before taking it to a snail factory to turn it into a snail.

I had another dream where I was a dragon. I was fighting in some kind of army against loads of creatures that looked like Gollum cross Yoda. I was flying over forests of books when my entire army disappeared. I then found them possessed sitting in a coach with the Gollum creatures. It was weird.

Last night I had a dream where I was trying to teach my friend how to paint or something, and I let her do a little of this wolf picture that I'm working on currently. I don't know why I let her, but I shouldn't have. She decided it would be a good idea to cover the whole wolf in the same gray paint. It looked like a stick figure. i was soooo mad. I have worked so hard on that picture and I'd have had to completely restarted! but then a couple hours after I got up, I realized it was just a dream, and not yesterday or whatever.

So I found myself acting at some theatre place, apparently my school had organised it for me. I never knew I was doing it, just getting on with my life until about halfway through the play, then I started acting shy, walked off stage and got an instant red on my reward chart (I stopped doing them back in P6 lol). then a couple of things happened and I can't remember but after a while I did the reality check where you count the fingers on your hand, and failed to notice that the positions of my right hands fingers were inverted - i.e. my pinky was where my thumb should be. I managed to grow a finger between my pinky and 4th finger and noticed but still didnt become lucid.

Then I went home to see that my house was abandoned. I jumped on my mum and dads empty bed and that triggered TNTs to blow up, killing me. In the Minecraft way. I touched Respawn and found myself flying around the ruins of some other building - probably that theatre - and all the fingers on my right hand were extremely long, about half a meter long, and mangled in all sorts of directions then I woke up after about 15 seconds. \(0_O)/

Please pass the brain disinfectant

I had a dream where it was a zombie apocalypse and everyone was freaking out, and there was this field-like thing bu railroad tracks and this fenced-off neighborhood, like in this town I used to live in, and then everyone started leaving, and we were left with these cars that didn't work and I was freaking out until one of them decided to work (the first and only one I actually tried). we drove down and caught up with the convoy of other leaving cars, and we all drove down to my high school. everyone was huddling and hanging out in the mitdde, the cafeteria. Some zombies appeared in the hall of the upstairs, and my sister and I (15 and 14) were the only ones brave/smart enough to kill them.

I was in one of my friend's home which is in 25th floor. I watching outside and I saw a boy was playing near window at 25th floor (I am not sure but that was high) and boy get out through window and get in to window which was in lower floor. And I reconized that window frame in that two stories was made with 'granite' until them of other stories are made with steel. I was interested and look inside that two stories of that apartment and I found that two stories are one house. Friend said why you are looking there.

My dreams are always hard to write;;;