skunklover

Dreams You've Had

I once haad a dream about a huge, thundery, purple tornado. The tornado killed me at the end of the dream and when I woke up i said "Is this Heaven?" Then I started running around thinking "HOLY CRAP I'M DEAD!" until I realized it was a drem... :/

For some reason, ALL my dreams are lucid..:/ Is that bad? :.∴…...

Lucid as in, you know that they're dreams?

No, that's not bad. In fact, that's enviable!

Speaking of lucid dreams, if anybody is aware of the infamous Lavender Tower from Pokemon, the music that plays in the original games contains a type of sound wave that can cause lucid dreams.

Last night I had a dream that one of my dragon concepts had been released into the Cave.

I was flipping out, and then I couldn't catch any of them and it was terrible.

I recently had a dream a few nights ago. First off, I appoligise in advance if this doesn't make sense; it made more sense at the time.

Basically, there's some sort of festival going in in the middle of the woods that me and a friend went to. When it starts getting late, my friend and I decide to head back home, but to get back to civilization, we have to make a trek through the woods. Well, I can't really explain what happens when we're walking though the woods, because I'm not sure how to translate it into writing, but there's a kind of swampy area that should have a plank bridge for us to cross, but the plank was broken, so we had to walk around the swampy area, and there's a curled up snake in our path as well. Somehow, we end up back at the site of the festival, which is now completely deserted and when we go to get ice cream sundae from the food stand, we're told that, even though we only entered the woods a few minutes ago, hours have passed.

Turns out that there's some sort of entity in the woods that distorts the passage of time and your sense of direction. Because my friend and I didn't go through the woods in a perfectly straight line, it forced us to wind up back in the center of the woods. The only way to escape from the woods was to journey through them without a shred of fear of the entity. If you even had a tiny amount of fear, you would automatically take a false step and end up back in the clearing again.

I recently had a dream a few nights ago. First off, I appoligise in advance if this doesn't make sense; it made more sense at the time.

Basically, there's some sort of festival going in in the middle of the woods that me and a friend went to. When it starts getting late, my friend and I decide to head back home, but to get back to civilization, we have to make a trek through the woods. Well, I can't really explain what happens when we're walking though the woods, because I'm not sure how to translate it into writing, but there's a kind of swampy area that should have a plank bridge for us to cross, but the plank was broken, so we had to walk around the swampy area, and there's a curled up snake in our path as well. Somehow, we end up back at the site of the festival, which is now completely deserted and when we go to get ice cream sundae from the food stand, we're told that, even though we only entered the woods a few minutes ago, hours have passed.

Turns out that there's some sort of entity in the woods that distorts the passage of time and your sense of direction. Because my friend and I didn't go through the woods in a perfectly straight line, it forced us to wind up back in the center of the woods. The only way to escape from the woods was to journey through them without a shred of fear of the entity. If you even had a tiny amount of fear, you would automatically take a false step and end up back in the clearing again.

That's a nice dream. Magical Iwould say. The spirit of adventure!

I get very strange dreams in which various characters from movies or books all converge together in a senior citizen's home and start having a magic war. Only all the people except the elderly are animals for some reason. They're fun dreams but I wake up super confused.

I have really, really weird dreams. To the point where I keep a dream journal.

One of the weirdest I've ever had was about my best friend in high school, Jen, who died in a car crash a few months before graduation. In the dream I was in this hospital just walking around, and I found this secret, secluded room that was very obviously hidden for a reason. It was locked but somehow I picked the lock, and it almost looked like a normal hospital room, and Jen was there, hooked up to all these machines. I ended up confronting her parents and apparently all these years she's been in a coma and they've hidden it because of all these illegal experimental procedures that were being done to try to wake her up.

Then there was the dream about Alex from a tv show, and we were together but she was acting strange, and I secretly followed her one evening and overheard her talking to this guy about these vague plans she had for me, and somehow I figured out that from the very start she'd been manipulating me, and somehow I ended up tied upside down over a shark tank.

Why, yes they are. They are generated by our mysterious mind. Dreams come from memories and our desires or things we hide, and they get mixed up so our dreams are not direct message from our subconcious mind. Dreams make us healthy (mentally healthy) in a sense it provides creativity, imagination, and most of the time, vent out things. I think I love dreams.

There was this dream I had and it's my most favourite ever! I'm not sure if it's weird, though, lol. happy.gif

Mountain Adventure From A Bird's An Eagle's Eye View

I'm on a mountain. I change into an eagle and fly high up. With each flap, I get higher and when I look down, my stomach feels queasy but the view is incredible. I could see the mountainside from up there! It was beautiful! After a moment, I decide that my position is too high for me and I lower myself a bit. But I suddenly feel something drop onto my back and I plummet down. I beat my wings frantically. I knew I was going to die if I hit the ground so I flap my wings even harder. But it is useless. I am going down too fast and I cannot get back up. I hit the mountainside and surprisingly, I did not die. I slide down and I see other random kids rolling around me. They all look...happy?! They keep squealing and shouting but it is as though they are on a rollercoaster ride. I try to use my claws to stop myself from sliding but my effort is in vain. I give up and change back to normal. When we hit the base, I sit up, rubbing my head. Then I realise. It is a game. Rolling down the mountainside is a game!

"Let's do it again!" I shout and change into an eagle, flying up. I smirk as I knew that I would be the first to reach the top. I was. As I wait for the others to come up (I'd already changed back to human form by then), I notice a shy-looking girl peeking out from the back of a circus tent. I walk over to her. She begin to tell me about how she did not know what she wanted to do. I smile.

"In this place, you can wish for anything. Come on, what's the first thing that enters your head?" I say to her (I realised it was a dream in the dream but I didn't actually realise it was really a dream. I hope you get it...). After a moment's thought, I change into an eagle and asked her, "Do I look like an eagle?" The reason for asking that question is because in all my other dreams where I have super powers, they usually mess up.

"Yes," she nods, "You look like an eagle but you have no eyes." I think this is an improvement and I smile. Then I see the other kids returning to the top.

"Come on! We can roll down the mountainside together!" I grab her arm. I also see Robin from Teen Titans and I wave to him. We each get a number to roll down the mountainside. I get number 13. My new friend has 17 as her number. I don't know what number Robin got. As the leader of the kids check to see everyone is there, I look over to Robin and see him signalling to me. He didn't say a word but he points where my friend once stood. "Where is she?!" I was frantic.

"Stay here! I'm going to look for her," I tell Robin. He nods. I go back behind the circus tent and somehow, I forget all about the girl. Instead, I see the ride "Astro Fighters" from Genting Highlands (Astro Fighters is real xd.png ). I change into an eagle and settle on the hood of one of the cars. The ride starts spinning. It is supposed to be a ride for kids, which means slow, but it spun very very fast, till the ride (and me) becomes a blur. I was nearly shaken off but the ride stops before that happens. Then, I see my father and brother at the counter where we are supposed to pay for the ride. I fly over to them and change into my human form. There is an old lady at the counter.

"The end of the world is coming and you must stop it," she says.

Then I woke up. It's my favourite dream because it has flying in it. I loved it when I was so high up in the sky! I love flying dreams!

And that's why I always say, "Dreams are awesome!" Which is the reason this topic in this thread is the first one I clicked on (and also why the word "dream" is in my username. I'm kind of obssessed with dreams.). xd.png One day, I hope to have a lucid dream. :3

For some reason, ALL my dreams are lucid..:/ Is that bad?

EDIT: No way is that bad! I'm envious! I've always wanted a lucid dream! You're lucky! LOL. But really, I would love to have a lucid dream. *0* I'd dance while listening to Taylor Swift songs with the whole city watching me and dancing with me if I ever have one. And I don't care that I dance terribly. xd.png I just hope if I do get one, I won't waste it by getting too excited and waking myself up.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

@Delira: So we should listen to the Lavender Town of Pokemon to get lucid dreams?

@Delira: So we should listen to the Lavender Town of Pokemon to get lucid dreams?

Ummm, I'd say no.

It's not exactly guaranteed that it will work, and you may just end up with lucid nightmares :P

There's another dream I had.

Survivors Of The 'End Of The World'

I am in a tank, in a ruined city. There is another tank facing me. In that tank is a guy who has a bomb that can destroy the entire world. He fires that very bomb. There is a flash of blue and I am flung up to the sky. I squeeze my eye shut. Miraculously, I land gently onto the ground on my feet. I look around. There is nobody nearby and the city looks even more ruined. I see a tower and run towards it. Inside, there are lots and lots and LOTS of escalators. I go up all of them to the very top. Suddenly, I am teleported to the tower's minaret. I cling to it, feeling frightened. I definitely do not want to fall. Then I see a floating platform, where there are some of my friends...who are all looking at me earnestly. "I have to jump," I think. I look down. No, I did not turn my head. I bend my head backwards but I bent my head far too back and my hands slip. I am now plummeting towards the ground. "I am going to die," I think, squeezing my eyes shut. When I open my eyes, I am back at the minaret! This time I look at my friends. "Okay," I think, "I really have to jump." I somehow manage to turn my body and I jump...

...and I juuuuust catch hold of the edge of the floating platform with my hands. I slowly, slowly, pull myself up. The platform is in the shape of a letter T. I run to the head of the platform, my friends following. I turn to the left. We are suddenly in a room where the ceiling, the walls, and the floor are made of metal. We look at the room's entrance. There are two man dressed in black laughing evilly as they block the entrance with a cage door. My friends and I look at each other hopelessly. All of a sudden, we are teleported to our school bus! In which I realise that this is a dream. I feel sad as I know that I will wake up soon and offer all of my friends Ribenas. We all shake hands and say goodbye to each other.

Then I woke up (I had this dream a really long time ago and I still remember it tongue.gif ). You know, I told my father and my brother that we all dream every night, except that most people don't remember their dreams. Their responses? My brother scornfully told me that that was just plain old retarded. My father disagreed with me and said that people only dream twice or thrice a month. I was astonished. When I tried to argue, my father told me that I should do a survey and ask around.

"Don't try to force people to see your point of view," he said. So now I ask you.

Do you dream everyday or twice or thrice a month?

Do you remember your dreams everyday, most of the time, sometimes, occasionally, or you never do?

happy.gif

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Ummm, I'd say no.

It's not exactly guaranteed that it will work, and you may just end up with lucid nightmares tongue.gif

Erm, I thought lucid dreaming is you know that you are dreaming, and may choose to do what you want. Well, if you know the nightmare is just merely a dream, you could relax or battle some pointy boys (orcs) like a ninja! ninja.gif

Edit: @Dream_Dragon: Your dad is the same as mine- only he knows that people dream everyday. He doesn't dream everyday or he dreams but forgets. Anyway, your dad is wrong but don't argue with him; show the facts. I dream everyday but mostly I forget them. I sometimes have dreamless nights but that's if I sleep lightly. I dream and tend to vividly remember my dreams if I'm extremely tired and have enough time to sleep. Sometimes when I'm super tired but with only few hours of sleep, that dream mixes with reality like when my mom talks to me or story tell/ read my lessons to me, and i'm very tired, I mix up the words and begin to form other concepts but not too far from it. I even dreamt of answering her something but it never happened! I asked afterwards... Or sometimes if she ask me if I'm still listening or ask to test me about the lessons, I would answer something related to what I dream. My sister however does this muttering nonsense all the time. I would ask her for instance why her philo prof says this thing, then she would answer me about something related to her friend

Edited by georgexu94

Thank you. smile.gif I forgot to add one more question, though.

Does dreaming make you mentally tired?

My father thinks it does. *Super ultra facepalm* Anyway, I've started giving my dreams titles.

Escape From The Island

My family and I were running towards this aeroplane in front of us so that we could escape from this island we were on.

Then I woke up. xd.png

Er, no. Dreams make you mentally healthy. I've never heard of this before about dreams making one mentally tired. O.o

No, dreaming actually is a sign that you aren't tired- if you're too tired, you don't dream.

Yeah, I only have dreams when I have trouble falling asleep. On most nights when I'm super exhausted, I rarely dream

Idk sometimes when I have a dream and I wake up suddenly I think that I've been asleep for like 45min and its actually been like 5 hours and if I need to get up I feel exhausted

Thank you all for answering my questions. happy.gif I had this weird dream last night...

A Bus And A Bag

My best friend, Honeybee (not her real name), had left her bag in this strange place I am in. I take out my home phone from my pocket (?!) and call her home number. Her brother picks up the phone.

"Honeybee leave her bag behind, is it? Her phone is lost and your phone is broken," I say (the first sentence was broken English). All of a sudden, I am sitting in a public bus, sandwiched between two hairy men (ew). There are hairy men all around me. I had the sudden knowledge that Honeybee, T.G (my other best friend. T.G stands for Tiny Girl), and Shorty (my friend. All these names are obviously fake) are at the back of the bus. We stop at a bus stop and T.G and I get off. All I have to do was to cross the street and from there I could walk easily home! But I see Shorty and Honeybee are still on the bus. They wave at me from the window. I wave back at them and so does T.G. The bus, which is moving slowly and about to rumble away, stops and the doors open. I am puzzled. Nobody else is getting out. Then I see Honeybee gesturing wildly at me to hop in. I realise that the driver had mistaken my wave for Honeybee as a wave to stop the bus. But I smile mischievously and hop on. I sit with Honeybee, Shorty, and T.G (who'd also boarded the bus).

And then I don't know what happened next. I love my crazy dreams. *u* And you know what? Honeybee and her brother don't have phones. xd.png

Edited by Dream_Dragon

I have the weirdest dreams, all the time.

I've actually been writing short-stories based on my dreams, and out of the three novels I want to write in the future (I'm actually in the process of writing one now. 11 pages. Whoot. xd.png ) two of them are based off of my dreams. :3

I think the weirdest dreams I have are the ones involving people I actually know in real life, as they're usually in a fantasy/sci-fi setting and I'm almost always a completely different person.

Just recently I've had two different dreams about cyborgs. X3

I had a dream last night where I was desperately trying to remember the name of my third dog... I only have two. tongue.gif