skunklover

Dreams You've Had

i had a dream that i could fly, i was flying away from zombies, ran around some, hid in the ceiling of a gas station, ate some oreos i took from a shelf, had to fly out of the ceiling and run some cus zombies found me, hid again, then turned into a zombie (not sure how/why) and started eating a doggie, i have sworn off zombie books....as i had the dream after reading one....

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was a friend with a boxer but we were in some kind of a magical land then all of the sudden were on this beach and it’s just me and another guy (not the boxer I don’t know what happened to him) and this guy has a scar on his face but he has no idea how he got it and we start running around asking random people about stuff then we find this house next to the beach it’s kind of like a bed and breakfast and somehow we end up working there until one of the guests tells us we should be dead and that’s how the guy got his scar. of curse me and the guy start freaking out and run out onto the beach where we do end up dieing I think we drowned (yeah I died in a dream). It all went black then a light started to come and there I was standing next to the guy on some kind of black stone ledge but we both new we were dead and we were surrounded by fog and as the dream zoomed out just like a move I saw a glowing archway behind us… then the dream faded and I woke up…. Don’t tell me that’s not weird xd.png

Wow, I've had so many weird dreams, there's too many to count!

One time, I dreamed that my mom was driving me home from a zoo in Antarctica (weird, I know), and right when we got into our street, the car turned invisible, but it was still going. Then my guinea pig turned into a dinosaur and started chasing us. We ended up back at the Antarctica zoo, which made the guinea pig-dinosaur freeze as an iceberg.... When we got back to our street AGAIN, I was so happy that I got out on the invisible car (which was very hard cause I couldn't see the door), and when I got out, I started getting chased AGAIN, but this time by bees. But instead of stinging me, they tickled me. After I got stung I grew wings and flew home. smile.gif This whole dream was totally true and I did not mke it up.

Edited by Silver-Warrior

This is going to sound really strange. The other night I had a dream that my mom and oldest son and I were looking at this house, thinking of buying it. In the dream I went outside to walk around and look around the back of the house. I was walking around the corner, and tripped over a rock or something and fell forward with my arms out into a really wicked mass of thorn bushes. The thorns were embedded in my arms and there were so many thorns stuck into the palms of my hands you couldn't see my palms anymore, just thousands of thorns. I was totally tangled up, and my clothes were caught so badly that I couldn't rip them loose. Somehow I got out, and the last thing I remember of the dream is my son scraping the thorns out of my hands with some kind of butter knife, and picking them out with tweasers.

This is where it gets weird. I woke up and went to make coffee. I noticed my left arm was bugging me, kind of stinging and burning a little. From the inside of my elbow, to about 4 inches down, I had a red, raised scratch, a pretty bad one. You could tell it just happened because it was raised and red, not flat and scabbed up like it is now. I was like, you've got to be kidding... Power of suggestion maybe? Damned if I know. All I know is there was nothing on my arm when I went to bed. I dream of thorns and wake up with a really long, wicked scratch. Maybe I was sleep walking...I have been known to do that...and did it somehow and don't remember. It sounds crazy to think a dream could leave a physical mark, but something sure did! ha ha

Edited by MedievalMystic

Last night -

There was some sort of prophecy. One of my friends is innocent, one will write my death, one will kill me, an one will steal my turtle. I am meant to go out and stop these people. What appears to be a long dream short, I end up sitting in a bathtub, shoving my hand in a toilet, driving precariously downhill, and sit just outside the radius of a dragon's breath. Turns out the weasly twins (I don't know, OK?) will write and kill me. Some random girl steals my turtle. There is an innocent who isn't related to anything.

Then my worst enemy comes along. So she overpowers me and makes me fight things. she notices the dragons on the roof. She catapults me up there, and I''m forced to fight them. I remember my brother and I had passed them earlier on our quest. I tried to imitate what he did, remembering that we had run away when it seemed hopeless. So I jumped off the roof.

Some how, this killed it. I was so happy that I punched my enemy across the face.

It was an awesome dream! biggrin.gif

Somehow I dreamt I was a Warrior cat, and I felt like I was running in real life, except I was on four legs. And that's not easy for me to do without crawling. And I actually felt like I was getting tired even though in the book it's only a portion of land away. And there was a beam of light where the Fourtrees were. But then somehow my mind flashed to a woman and an ogre- like creature in love then the ogre was like 'I don't want to kill you.'

O.O'

I had a dream once that I was iin this cavern with my cousin, her dad and my dad, and we were walking and walking with no apparent purpose until and big boulder rolled in from somewhere and smashed our fathers. Then it was just me and my cousin. We kept walking until we got to a stream, where there was a boat that we got in to. The stream took us to the entrance to . . . Chuck E Cheeses. My cousin and I went into the climber, and when we got to the top, there was the weird, never-blinking chicken and the purple dinosaur. The dinosaur hold out a lit match and says, "Take this match, for it will help you through your trials." And then the chicken says, "Take the magical pink slide and return to the caverns." So we took the match and went down the slide, and we're back in my caverns. Out from around a bend comes my science teacher, whom I promptly light on fire. Then the chicken came back and said, "Well done." And then the chicken pushed me into the stream and I drowned . . .

Mine was weird weird last night... something about books I think or at least most were, some were just random- why am I saying some? I'll explain the best I can.

So my English teacher took my class to this museum and said we had free-run of the thing for a day. Each room the museum had was sectioned off with glass doors. So for about an hour everyone was just walking around starring at stuff like normal when I happened to walk through a door and nearly fall off a bridge that wasn't there until you walked through the door. It was a very thin bridge... and well I ran across it and found myself (along with whoever followed me) in what looked like a room with a blue door. A friend of mine pushed the door open to see it led to another area though we couldn't tell exactly what. So we all crammed in the door and fell a couple of feet before landing in a very shallow lake. Once everyone was out I made the comment that this seemed almost familiar and a few of my friends said so too. The funny thing was that it took us a little to realize we were in the setting of the (horrible screwed up) Eragon movie... which I only realized when I couldn't find the way out of the place. No blue doors either! So after some walking around randomly we figured out (not sure how) that the lake would take us back so everyone rushed to the lake but before we jumped in we were in the setting of another book called Dragon Champion. That worried me, only because I happened to be the one who fell and landed on AuRon, the main dragon. He quickly flicked me off and somehow everyone ended up back in the museum with my teacher laughing like a crazy person... ....I then went through many more of the same thing after we realized the crazy rendition of my teacher was a fake...

crazy much? you had to be there... it was weird.

OK, so I had a dream that my gymnasium from my elementary school was my gym in my middle/high school. We were playing this weird game, where someone went outside, caught a bee in a jar, then came back inside. The floor magically opened up and became a swimming pool. The person who got the bee then took a tennis racket, and flung it at some random person until they got stung. Then after the game, my gym teacher asked me what I was doing for my Home Ec. project. I told her I was just making a poster, like everyone else. She told me to disect a frog. rolleyes.gif

I dreamed I had a good day at work and all my students were well-behaved.

I've had tons of weird dreams. smile.gif

One of the earliest ones that I remember is one that happened when I was, like, 5 years old. In the dream, an evil skeleton had kidnapped me and my dad and took us back to his underground hideout. I woke up ( in the dream) on a stone bed. My dad was asleep and snoring really loud. The skeleton's room was right next to ours, so I snuck up to it. I somehow new that the only way I could escape would be if I scared the Skeleton guy. But when I got to the Doorway, he was already there, and jumped out and shouted at me. I ran back to the bed, and pretended to be asleep, but then I would try again to scare him and he would still be waiting for me. I ran back to the bed and this repeated four or five times until I woke up. Random.

Does anybody ever have those dreams where you finally fall alseep and have a dream that lasts about two seconds, then you slip or something and wake up? Last week I immediately after I fell asleep, I had a dream that I was at the bus stop at like 5 in the morning, so it was dark, and this guy came out the shadows and swung a baseball bat at me and I slid down on some Ice, avoiding the bat (NINJA MOVE!), but I woke up before i hit the ground and actually jolted up in my bed because I thought I was still out side, slipping on the ice. wink.gif

I was the Doctor, and my g/f was stolen by the Master. Throw in Jedi powers, and enjoy your dream.

I was the Doctor, and my g/f was stolen by the Master. Throw in Jedi powers, and enjoy your dream.

Were you on top of Everest when it happened? That would be pretty epic

Very awesome dream!

I've been having dreams lately that are fantasy oriented. I can't really remember the details when I wake up. Sometimes, I think there's some strange minecraft stuff (been playing it a bit lately) in there with me building stuff with block shapes.

Unfortunately, I also keep having a recurring nightmare off and on for the last couple of years. My mother will be in the dream and it's just one of those typical mundane dreams otherwise. Then I remember that she's been dead and I think inside the dream I'm going insane since I'm seeing her. In one of my more recent dreams I decided that I must be dreaming and "wake up" but I'm still really sleeping and just woke up in the dream itself. Gah! Still better than feeling insane though, right?

Had this dream recently, I'll call it weird but awesome, because well it was.

In this dream I had these abilities such as super strength, telepathy, invisibility and bat transformation. Me and my partner (presumably apart of a crime fighting organization) had received a mission to take out some head honcho. We completed the mission fine and dandy but the cops showed up, my partner happened to be quite the gloating flossy, therefore ended up getting captured by them and taken in for questioning.

For some reason I found this extremely aggravating and felt the need to pursue the cops, turned invisible and used my bat transformation to follow suit. Somehow ended up at the HQ and made my way in, using invisibility of course. Encountered a cop with a camera (wtf?) who seemed to notice the odd look of the air around me (invisibility wasn't perfect). So the cop decided to take a snap. Soon as the flash on the camera activated, I punched the cop in the face using my strength, effectively making the cop drop like a fly.

Next I somehow ended up in the attic area where my partner was being held, I told my partner to stay clam and quiet using telepathy and that I'd make myself the diversion. Releasing some of my invisibility managed to get the guards attention, I knocked them out using the same method as before and ended up freeing my partner. After then I woke up wondering just what the hell I had been thinking in order to dream something as crazy as that. xd.png

Edited by VampiricOmen

Over the past two nights I had really awesome dreams.

The night before last, I had a dream where I could change into any pokemon, and I specifically remember changing into tailow, raikou, and linoone! Then, I met these two guys, and one could change into any fighting type pokemon, and the other into any water type! Then we got captured by some people, presumably some kind of team rocket group, and watched other people with the same ability as us being forced to fight each other, and our turns were coming up, but we were devising an escape plan...

Last night, I had a dream that started off wierd, but then got cool when i went to this museum with some of my favorite things, like greek mythology and animals. And there were statues of all the gods (with clothes, thank goodness), but they were like actual actors or something, who would tell about themselves and stuff, and could move, but they stayed on top of podiums or something... anyways, it was cool.

I've had way too many DC/internet-related dreams as of late. I should spend more time outside...

I have had some weird dreams...

I don't know how this dream started, but, somehow me and a girl who I think was supposed to be my sister (I don't have a sister) where creeping along the wall in a messed up version of my house. I looked out the bay window and saw this three-foot high tornado, and sat down again. Both of us where so afraid we were panting. "It's following us," my sister whispered. I nodded and risked a peek. No tornado. We sighed with relief. Suddenly my sister screamed. I turned. For reasons unknown the tiny tornado had gotten in the house. It advanced toward us and we leaped up, screaming and ran.... I don't remember how it ended.

I was at my grandparent's house. I walked into the dining room. Everything looked normal, even the painting on the wall and the messy table. Except there where three new doors. My breath was coming fast as I tried the one closest to me. The door slowly opened into darkness. I blinked. No, not total darkness. Just dark in comparison. My eyes quickly adjusted to the dim light coming from a small window covered with a dark, dirty film. The rubberized black flooring sloped (sp?) sharply down to the floor, covered with the same rubber flooring. I carefully stepped down, crouching slightly to have more balance. Lining the stone walls were half-walls and wood doors, reminding me of a stable. I looked inside one of the stalls. A hissing noise made me whirl around. Advancing slowly toward me was one of the pitch black Twilight Zone dungeon rats from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The horrid thing had a long low body about the size of a cat, six bug-like legs, a prehensile tail, and a sharp mussel. It turned its glaring, beady red eyes on me. I tried to scream, but could not find my voice. Just then the door opened. My grandma poked her head around it. "Oh there you are!" she said, not seeming to notice the rat. "Come, on darling. We've been looking for you!" She gently grabbed my arm and pulled me up the ramp. The rat hissed again, but did not move. My grandma closed the door behind her, and the dream ended.

I don't remember why, but I was being chased. I ran through my house, climbing the short flights of stairs, and ran into the spare room beside my parents' bedroom. I quietly closed the door behind me and ran across the room to hide in my dad's closet. (It is usually next to the entrance.) I heard footsteps on the stairs and muffled voices. My movements jerky and stiff from fear, I scooted to the back of the closet. I fought my dad's shirts to stand up, and took a half a step, tripping slightly on a shoe. This through me forward. I caught myself on the wall, and my left hand found a doorknob. Well this is new, I thought. Just as the door to the spare room opened, I opened the door in the closet and slipped in, closing it behind me. I gaped at what I saw. An attic-like room opened up in front of me, a peeked roof with bare studs towering into the air. The place looked sorta like an antique shop, filled with all sorts of stuff. But it was organized and neat, with few piles. I moved across the unfinished wood floor over to a corner even more organized. A rocking chair stood alone in a dormer, facing a window that was being splattered with rain. Up a few steps was a bedroom. The walls were bare studs, but the bed was made, a large circular rug covered the unfinished floor, a white bookcase stood against the wall, and a white trunk sat underneath a rain-splattered window. I'm not sure how it ended.

I woke up (in my dream) and found I had to go to the bathroom. Next to the toilet where there is usually a three-foot tall cabinet for holding toilet paper, there was nothing. I looked down and saw the a large hole in the pink floor tiles. A three-inch long cockroach climbed out of the hole and waggled its antennae at me. Have to tell Mom about that in the morning, I thought as the cockroach disappeared in the hole. In a half-asleep zombie-like fashion, I washed my hands and went back to bed. It wasn't until I woke up for real the next morning that I realized that had been a dream.

"Wake up!" said my mom. I groaned and waved my hand lazily in her direction. "It's Saturday," I complained. "Just get up," she said simply. I closed my eyes again and heard her footsteps walk out of the room. A moment later I was asleep again. About eight hours later, when I asked my mom about it, and she said she had no memory of it, did I realized it had been a dream.

I tend to have a lot of Harry Potter based dreams. Last night, I dreamed I was married to a werewolf (Remus).

Well,I had a random dream where me and my mum were in a shop,and we were going to buy a stuffed dog,but then we saw a 12 pack of stuffed dogs and went to the counter.Then I see a golden lab(Real) and them it ends.

Weird.

I have these dreams... only when mod apps are open. TJ accepts me as a mod and I freak out then someone hacks my account and makes me say offensive things.

Another mod dream

I was accepted. I don't know why, but I didn't act any more mature as a mod (which I would do, considering that happened on another forum). I got my mod powers taken away and I felt the pain of regret. I jumped off the school building (wait... how did I get on the roof?) and my math teacher caught me. I was freaking out because I hate him. He put me in the dumpster then I woke up.

Two nights ago, I had a weird dream. I was in a house with my mom. The house was unfinished. I walk around a bit then one of the workers tell me the bathroom is finished. I go in the bathroom, and it's really pretty. I stay in there for a while, then another worker says "Go to chickenhound.com for great babysitting and other services!". I go on that website, print some coupons, and me and my mom are teleported to the pet store. I was going to get a bird. I opened the bird cage, stuck my finger out, and the meanest bird hops on my finger. It kept screeching and tweeting, and it had cartoony mean eyes. I put it back in the cage, and walk over to the aisle that had the chickenhound.com logo on top of it (a bloodhound with a chick on it's head), and go into the aisle. There's a bunch of plastic hamster cages in it. I walk out, and the dream ends.

There was another part in the dream. Here it is:

I'm sitting downstairs in my house. I go on Facebook, and look at the side where the ads are. One of the ads say this:

"Meet the maker of Dragon Cave!"

Under it was a webcam video of some old man who is 41, has a long, gray, beard and gray hair, and is holding two stuffed rabbits. It's also really dark like it's nighttime. Under it, it says this:

"Meet the maker of the popular game Dragon Cave on January 27th at *insert random place here*!" I look at it, and the dream ends.

Mmmm'kay, most of these are scrounged off another forum I frequent.

They're fairly short compared to most of the dreams I've posted there, but... meh. Whatever.

Anyway. A few vignettes out of my dream journal, from me to you:

----

Last night I dreamed I had to keep a friend entertained while she waited for... an aircraft, I think? Possibly a taxi. So I put on a puppet show for her, except the puppets were autonomous, and were bunraku-style puppets. One puppet cannibalized another puppet because she saw glorious spectral visions, and the first puppet wanted to see them too. The cannibalized puppet's innards were made of screws, fishing wire, and dead leaves.

Don't ask me, man. I just live here.

----

I dreamed last night that I was in a bombed-out city. The fires had long ended, but the wet smell of ash and rain still lingered. I took refuge in a wooden temple, a statue of Kannon dominating the center of it. While I rested, my companion went mad and started to devour his own hands; stripping the flesh off a piece at a time with his teeth. He kept mumbling something about idle hands, and I thought he'd be a liability so I took him outside and shot him in the back of the head.

I slept.

I woke because someone was in the temple with me. It was someone I knew, from a long while ago. She'd been bleached totally white - apparently by some kind of supernatural force. We talked about old times until the morning.

It was very odd.

----

Wow. Nothing like waking up from a dream wherein you're at a wedding and everyone you know (or damn near) points and laughs at you, and you have to stab them all out of a vague sense of self preservation, and go looking for the bride and groom to ask them 'What the [censored] is wrong with you people?" but can't find them because they're hiding from your wrath.

Anyway. Woo, that was weird.

----

I woke up to the feeling that I'd missed a call - that something TERRIBLY IMPORTANT had passed me by. My reaction, rather than the usual 'worry about it' was a '[censored] it!' And so I got up, hopped in the shower, and started the day. Despite the weather, or perhaps because of it... I haven't felt normal today. I've felt like I'm stuck in a cyberpunk sort of world, one that's cleverly disguised by lacking cyberware, but nevertheless has the same ethos.

Unfortunately, this means my natural reaction is to look for 'possible targets'.

----

(From a conversation with another forumite)

So. Remember I mentioned the scariest dream I've ever had took place out in some kind of marshlands?

I was on the very outskirts- they go all the way down to the water's edge, and I was walking along this narrow stretch of beach that connected said swampy area with the sea. It was dead calm that day- just a little bit of wind; the waves calmly lapping at the sand. The fog had rolled in- it was so dense I could barely see thirty feet in front of me. It made the trees -there were a few of them, stunted and leafless, some distance from me- look like hands or claws thrusting up from the ground.

Now, don't get me wrong. Normally I love weather like that. But the tide was coming in, it was getting late, and because of the fog I couldn't find my way back to the path- the further I walked, the closer it brought me to this sheer cliff face studded with sea caves. And I remember it was cold- I had the collar of my coat turned up and my hands jammed in my pockets but the wind still cut to the bone.

And then everything went... still.

Not in the classical sense, mind you- the wind was still blowing and the tide was still coming in, but there was a feeling in the air like the whole world was holding its breath.

I looked out to sea.

There, moving through the mist, some distance away, was a string of pale, globular lights. The illumination they emitted was bright enough to cut through the fog, but not enough to show what they belonged to, and they all moved together in this smooth, undulating motion... like they were connected somehow. I don't know how large they were, because my depth perception was messed up on account of not being able to see the horizon. But they must have been at least twenty feet in diameter.

And then I realized that I could hear something coming from their direction, these appearing-and-disappearing lights: a single note, somewhere between that of a flute and a person, so high-pitched it rested on the very edge of sound. It just kept going on and on without breaking, until the lights finally vanished into the mist.

I don't know why it frightened me so badly. All I know was that I was rooted to the spot, almost incoherent with terror; I couldn't wake up and I suddenly, absolutely did not want to see what the thing in the mist really was.

---

(from a more recent thread)

Last night was a prime example of some of the weirdness that goes on in my dreams, my friends.

It is also a prime example of not taking things at face value; namely, just because something looks bad, it doesn't necessarily mean it is bad.

I was walking through a dense coniferous forest, following a paved road that obviously hadn't seen use or upkeep in quite some time- there was plant matter sprouting from cracks in the asphalt, the road was rough and spotted with potholes, and in places the pavement had completely worn away, leaving only gravel in its place. It was very quiet; aside from the wind in the trees I only heard a couple of birds from time to time.

And then, without warning, the entire scene wrenched sideways and vanished.

In my dreams, this is called a 'shift', and it's more common in areas of low habitation: things are constantly in a state of flux, subject to change without notice. It can take the form of the ground suddenly turning liquid beneath your feet, or two wildly different biomes suddenly inhabiting the same location... or, as in this case, an abrupt change of location.

I found myself standing in the main hallway of the most bizarre estate I've ever seen. Everything -everything- was covered in black-and-white tile. It was like being inside a chessboard, or perhaps a freakishly large public restroom. And there were mirrors absolutely everywhere- tacked up on the walls or leaning against the furniture, most of them oddly-shaped or hanging askew.

Speaking of the furniture, it was the only source of color in the building. The chairs and footstools were all covered in deep, wine-red velour; the tables were carved out of mahogany (or perhaps cherry wood). I had to focus on it to avoid giving myself a headache- the way the tiles were arranged, it made the room seem to twist drunkenly. My best guess is that it was an optical illusion (I don't want to think about the alternative).

As I walked through the adjacent rooms and hallways, looking for any signs of life, I began to notice something out of the periphery of my vision.

Something was following me.

Several 'somethings', in fact. The glimpses I got of them were a pretty clear indication that I would not enjoy a closer look. The universe, alas, was conspiring to deny me any peace of mind that night. A part of me wishes I'd never thought to look into the mirrors.

The drunken twists and turns of the building were even worse when viewed through a mirror, and to top it off, I finally had a chance to see what was dogging my steps.

It's difficult to describe what looking at them was like. The closest equivalent I can come up with is that it was like looking into a kaleidoscope: their bodies didn't make any kind of sense.

Rings of thin, solid-black eyes arranged in the center of three faces, almost completely flat and conjoined at the top of the skull. Impossibly long, slender arm sprouting from a biomass with no distinguishing features at all. Extensible mouths bristling with curved, needle-sharp teeth. And those are just the aspects I can describe.

When they separated, which was not often, there was no common trend between any of them. Some looked a little bit like humanoid skates. Others had the spindly, devolved look of the things you find in underground streams, or at the bottom of the ocean. And others... I don't know, geometrical patterns or fractals. They slithered in and out of the mirrors, passing through the glass as easily as if it were water.

They were, I might add, absolutely terrifying to look at. Not because they were ugly, but because they looked so mind-bendingly wrong. I think I may have been hyperventilating at that point.

If I wasn't then, I sure as hell was when a multitude of spindly arms erupted out of the mirror to my right, grabbed me, and dragged me inside.

If the creatures were weird, what was inside the mirror was worse.

It was a little bit like being inside a giant insect hive, except everything was made out of sickly, yellowish-white cobwebs. It was like being inside a cocoon.

Before I could scream, a hand slapped itself over my mouth. In texture it was similar to risen, uncooked dough, but the grip was remarkably strong.

Anyway. Long story short, I would have panicked at that point. But then the creatures spoke to me. They explained that they weren't trying to hurt me (which was hard to swallow with so many teeth that close to my face, let me tell you); that they were, in fact, hiding me.

Apparently, the thing that inhabited the mansion outside of the mirrors was far worse- that the house was essentially a giant spiderweb, and that it had been leading me unwittingly toward the source. But because its attention had been elsewhere, the pale things -which were the master's unwilling 'eyes' and 'hands'- had concealed me before it had realized I was there.

They smuggled me out of the mansion, and deposited me, via another mirror, into my own apartment.

I think I've made some new friends.

----

I'll see if I can dig up some of the longer 'story arc'-type dreams, if you guys are interested in seeing them. Sometimes the stuff that goes on in them is pretty cool. There's a city controlled by a megacorporation, which uses railguns for antiaircraft defense.

Lovecraftian horrors! Assassinations! Adventure! My terrifying arch-nemesis! SCIENCE! : D

I need to get a life. >.>

Edited by Iofiel