skunklover

Dreams You've Had

My dreams have been rather dry lately, but I'm getting the itch to post... So I'll talk about the single weirdest dream from my younger childhood. It was so completely bizzare, I still remember most of the details.

I was laying in my old bed, moonlight streaming in through the window, when I heard a voice in one of those stereotypical vampire accents (you know, like, "I vant to suck your blood?"). Except it was female. When I looked up, I saw a vampire that looked much like Count Chocula, except with longer hair and sharper fangs. She said that she wanted to eat me, but to be fair, we would play a game to determine my fate. She would search my room for four rats, and in the meantime, I had to run as far away as possible. Then, when she was done, she would "fetch" me. I remember being TERRIFIED at this point... But it wasn't like my little dream self had a choice.

So the game began, and I jumped out of my bed to run. You know those timers in video games that stay at the top of your screen and slowly count down? One of those was at the top of my vision, counting down from sixty seconds. Additionally, running was almost impossible, because it felt like I was going through molasses. (Not to mention the annoying, scary fact you could hear the vampire in the background. I don't remember all of what she said, but I know she was narrating each rat that she caught.)

When the timer was at fifteen seconds or so, I made it outside, slamming the door shut and running down my driveway. Progress was thankfully faster at this point. Out in the street, I spotted about ten other kids in these weird little car things. They were like plastic cars on the outside, but there were pedals inside that made it move. I quickly made a plan to blend in with the kids, so I got into my own (it was red, I think) and rode around. That's when the timer reached zero, and I heard a cackle. She was coming.

Then here comes the absolute weirdest part. I thought that she was going to go after me, because I somehow had the knowledge that she could track me by scent, but to my surprise she went after a different car. And when she pulled the kid out... It was me.

And I watched myself get bitten on the neck before I woke up.

0_0

there was a lot of other wacky stuff I can't remember, but the one wacky thing I do remember was John Oliver (of The Daily Show) teaching the Founding Fathers of America to play poker while they were on a float in a parade, and John Oliver was wearing a crown and fur-trimmed red robe.

oh! and I dreamed a friend of mine came over to visit, but I was sick with a head cold. once again, my house was an improbably weird and vast space, with at least six bedrooms. not a mansion, just rambly and put together very strangely. in my dreams, my living spaces are always fractally huge, and I always have an uncountable number of cats, even if there's only one.

Have the most stupid dream... What do you think it was about? Right. It was dream about sleeping =___= It was hard to understand something when I got up finally.

I dreamed there was a movie being made about a team of superheroes that had their own long-established comic line. (as far as I know, the characters don't actually exist, but I'm not a big comic fan so maybe they do, idk) at one point they had an "alternate continuity" comic line that was being written by somebody in England, and during that continuity they'd all gotten romantically involved with each other in some unusual configurations, but there was a "continuity reset"--the team leader has this thing where he occasionally freaks out, kills everybody, destroys the local universe, and has to be shunted into an alternate-but-similar dimension. given this habit, I have NO IDEA why they'd make him the "team leader" instead of the major villain, but I don't really understand superhero comics anyway.

in the movie, there was a lot of fuss about a "cameo" from a standalone comic superhero, who wasn't Spider-Man but was very similar, in an alternate version that was captured by the government and mutated into a giant slug-crocodile-thing, and he was trying to redeem himself (or possibly change back) by helping the superhero team fight the big bad guy. I think the mutated alternate version was killed in the fight, which "freed" his nonmutated regular self somehow.

as far as I know of superhero comics, this is all COMPLETELY PLAUSIBLE, and has a lot to do with why I don't read them. tongue.gif

I've actually almost completely stopped dreaming after I started high school. If I dream I usually forget about it within a couple of hours. But there was this one bizarre dream that I had when I was around 8 that I CANNOT forget. It's like seared into my memory.

I woke up in a large rectangular room, filled with tables and chairs arranged in way that was similar to what you would see in a small restaurant. The room only had three walls, the fourth wall was replaced by those hanging stiff plastic sheets that you find at the opening of many restaurant kitchens. This was my "home" in the dream world. I saw my mom walk out of the room through the plastic sheets, saying that she was going to go buy groceries. I didn't want to be left behind, so after she disappeared through the sheets I followed after her yelling: "Wait up!!"

But the second I stepped through the wall, the entire world kind of warped. My mom was nowhere to be found, and I was standing on the sidewalk of an unfamiliar street. The houses on the street were tiny, about as high as my waist and they were all some shade of neon with blinking lights all over them. After panicking and wandering back and forth, this part is fuzzy so I don't remember exactly what happened, the dream just went weird.

I was walking down the street looking for my house, and I met a giant green bean and a giant yellow soybean. And by giant, I mean humongous. They were at least 4 times my height at the time. They both looked at me at the same time and the yellow soybean said: "One of us is the correct choice, pick the right one and we will send you home." Of course, dream me did not question this logic. Probably read too many fairy tales, anyway, I picked the green bean, as I disliked soybeans. The green bean turned around, and exposed a hole in his...uh...posterior region......and uh, he told me to put my finger in....I know this sounds really really cringeworthy right now, but I swear I didn't think of it that way when I was 8. It was only later on as I grew up that I realised how freaking perverted that sounded.

Moving on, I got sucked into the hole the second I placed my finger there. My dream went black, and then I was suddenly in third-person viewing myself from a topdown angle. I saw myself buried neck-deep in jelly beans, but I was back home. The last scene was me shouting at the sky: "This isn't my house!!!" And then it very cinematically fades to black again.

I apologise to people who had to read though that, hopefully your sanity has stayed intact. I will go hide under a rock now.

I was clipping my cats' claws--something I've been working on IRL, so it's not too surprising I dreamed about it. but in my dream, Nar, my beloved huge black cat, had about 7 extra claws per foot. also he was a huge black bull with horns that I also had to clip. fortunately he was still very sweet and gentle, so it was easy to clip his horns. I'm sure there's something Freudian about that but I don't want to go there.

afterwards I helped some friends shoo a small herd of ducklings or lambs into a truck. at first they were ducklings, then they were brown, duckling-colored lambs. lucklings?

earlier I dreamed something that I was convinced would make a great story, something involving elves, but now I don't remember it at all. oh well... the things we get from dreams are free; we can't begrudge the things we can't quite grasp. or when the things we receive turn out to be too weird to be useful.

I dreamed last night that I had to cook 100 different potatoes, two different ways. I kept making mistakes, so I kept needing to grow new potatoes.

I woke up sometime during this, and when I fell back asleep again, it was the same dream, but also with sweet potatoes in the mix.

...I have no idea what my brain was metaphorically trying to tell me.

Last night, I was living where I live although a lot was different. The house had more windows, for one thing. Someone had blocked the driveway that goes past my place, and people wanted me to straighten it out, but it wasn't my stuff. It was on the other side of the driveway, and I had no idea who it belonged to. Somebody else's car was in front of my place too, behind my car, so I was blocked in. I couldn't do anything about it.

I then received a package with three new blouses. I remembered ordering them in my dream world, but the colors were off, (one was actually pink - sooo bad!) and I thought they might be too small for the cut. I tried one on though, and the fit was actually perfect. The color was better on that one, too, kind of a warm oatmeal beige. Someone knocked at the door in the dream, and I woke up to the real world.

I dreamed I was in a car, but then suddenly the car was flying... 0_0

...and then it fell. xd.png

Many months ago (end of June, possibly?) I had this dream where I was were the lead people of Milky Chance (my favorite band) came over to my house. Clemens, the singer, was all chill and serious serious, and Philipp, a guy who plays multiple instruments because he is a boss, is laying on my mom's bed, my dog is curled up on his lap. Time passes, and then me and Clemens sneak down stairs and build a jello and sushi cassle, and get drunk on seramist xd.png

I've been having trouble staying awake in class lately. As a result, I've had a lot of "flash dreams." You know. The kind where you close your eyes and 3 seconds later you're already glimpsing part of a dream.

The other day I had a flash dream where some people were digging up Hitler's body??? And the later that day one where I was trying to find my class but the classes were like the AP? It was strange, haha. laugh.gif

I dreamt that I had the power to suffocate people without touching them or even looking at them.

...and then I used it ...a lot.

Edited by Brotato

I had a dream that I saw a beautiful unicorn that let me pet it. :3

I was looking for something that I lost long time ago, and I find it. And I woke up and I reminded it was just dream and go there again and it was there. And I woke up. It was repeated for six or seven times.

I had a dream about failing a test the day before yesterday since I had a test the next morning, but it turns out it was cancelled and moved to tomorrow. I might have another nightmare about failing the test... unsure.gif

I had a dream where I played pokemon with my 3DS around 2am, and when I realized how late it was, I told myself that I have to stop playing immediately, because it's about to be a school day - what were you even thinking, playing so late and all that?? At that point I managed to wake up, 'stop playing' and go to sleep, but my 3DS was already on the table beside me, since I actually hadn't even played with it after I 'originally' went to sleep after 11pm. Well, I tried to get some sleep again, but just ended up having the same dream again, now with the time being an hour later, at 3am. Almost 4am actually. I played pokemon for a while again, then realized what I was doing once again. "No. Stop it before it's too late!" Then I closed the game, once again, and accidentally woke up again. When I checked the table again, the 3DS was still on the table beside me.

It was quite frustrating to have this dream. huh.gif

I was a newly-hatched Dilophosaurus being chased by Velociraptors. I hid in a tree and ambushed one of them when it was alone. I killed it. And ate it.

It was fun.

I usually don't remember most of my dreams, but recently I had this nightmare that woke me up and I remember it. I was back home and sitting in my aunt's front porch, and someone came towards me riding an elephant. The elephant was friendly at first, but then he put his front leg on my chest and wanted to crush me. I managed to slip out from under it and ran, but he chased me. I finally managed to get into a bus and ride away, but man that was a disturbing dream!!

I had a very strange dream the other night about a fancy restaurant the had a very well-known reputation. It was "old-time-y" and like, a three-story building located in the downtown area of some city (in fact, the entire dream felt like it was taking place in the upper 1800s?). It was really weird, like, they cooked the food in a line-up format where everyone could see what they were cooking...but that was just part of the "show" and the actual food was cooked in the back.

I honestly have no idea what this dream means, but it was certainly one of the more vivid one's I've had, which is always neat.

Last year I had this dream where I was in this realistic-Minecrafty world, so basically everything appeared realistic but there were some Minecraft features, like double jump to fly. So I would hop into the air twice and I would suddenly be floating around. It was quite fun.

Then I woke up in my dream, as in I dreamt that I woke up. I was lying in my bed in my room and it was morning. My brother walked inside and told me to get up then I jumped twice and started floating. He freaked out and ran out of the room.

Now I actually woke up, and immediately jumped out of my bed and onto the floor, and jumped twice. I didn't fly. So I knew I was awake.

------------------

When I was six or seven I had this dream. I was in this loooooooooooooooong queue to get ice cream. However, priority was always given to other people, and furthermore, people kept cutting the queue. I was extremely frustrated but continued to wait in line. After several hours I finally reached the front. I exuberantly told the lady what ice cream I wanted, then she scooped it and gave it to me. I reached out for it, but before I could even touch it, I woke up.

I started crying. Which is rather embarrassing because I cried because of a dream, but hey, I was six.

last night i had a dream that john travolta, michael jackson post whitening, and an unidentified 6-8 year old boy were on my street in a really beat up old white sedan. they really bothered me/skeeved me out, but i left, i think i was hanging out with one of my friends. when i was on my way back, i saw them again when i was driving on main street. they were on the other side of the street and literally just stopped. they parked their car on main street. john travolta was giving me the meanest look. staring straight at me. michael jackson was talking to him i think but i didn't hear what he said, and the little boy looked super bored in the back seat.

so anyway i went in to my house and went back to my room. my dad said something about travolta and jackson cleaning the house. suddenly i was scared that they had stolen from me and i couldn't find my money. my room was totally trashed, like someone was in there tossing things around. for some reason they stuffed a bunch of stuff under my bed (i don't even have a bed frame irl my mattress is on the floor). i decided to go digging under there and as i was pulling things out i found some twenties and a $2,000 bill! like heck yeah! they also left a little black kitten just like i wanted. my grown cat callisto was playing with the kitten, pushing it around and stuff. i remember thinking "man, i can't have two cats, but now that it's here i can't get rid of it!". i was pretty happy. and then i woke up.

i dunno what the hell that was all about. did john travolta and michael jackson even know each other? i hope they didn't have nefarious intentions with that little boy.

i have a lot of bizarre vivid dreams like that so i bet i'll be posting here often...

Last night I had a really odd dream about like...a moderator on some website got murdered, and I'm pretty sure I was the one who committed the murder...but I wasn't 100% entirely sure because for some reason my memories had been blocked out. I remembered blacking out, and then waking up in my house when all this happened, so I wasn't sure if I did it, but I had a sinking suspicion that I was responsible.

Once again, I've no idea what my brain is trying to tell me with these kind of dreams... :U

Two nights ago I came this close to having my second ever lucid dream. And then I messed it up. orz

Also almost entered sleep paralysis while I was still mostly conscious. I don't find sleep paralysis that frightening, just interesting. ._. Like "oh, can't move my arm any more. K."

Last night I had a dream where I was going to host a Christmas party. But, a while after some helpers came to help me out with the decorations and stuff, I managed to mess up some things associated to some chaos going on in the garage. I constantly had to check it out, just in case if it was about to get everything ruined. Eventually, it got worse and the garage doors kind of gave up. And all kinds of things happened. And stuff had to be reorganized again as soon as possible. Gladly I got the things done soon enough, and the party ended up being great.

Last night I had some sort of weird dream about babysitting a little boy and racing horses. I was riding a horse through town, and somehow I got caught up in a Nascar-type race, where every other racer was in a car and I was still on the horse. And then I was watching this boy and *something* was going on where there was magic and evil beings and we had to hide while trying to plot how to get rid of them.