KaidaShade

Terry Pratchett

Yeah. There's been a documantary on the BBC with him talking quite candidly about how the disease has affected him. It's a tragic thing for a great writer to be suffering from.

A fedora, really?

I'd follow him, but not pester him - give the guy some peace, right?

We'd all follow him, but no pestering. You can't disturb genius.

Of course, when he turns around and sees a gaggle of people hiding behind the cornflakes it might worry him a little....

Yay!

I saw the advert for Going Postal last night! Still no date, but it looks great.

*dances*

Wait.. a Going Postal movie????

Oh.. SQUEE!

Ahem. Ignore me.

Wait.. a Going Postal movie????

Oh.. SQUEE!

Ahem. Ignore me.

Not so much a movie but a mini-series.

Look out for it on Sky.

Sorry for the double post but...

I heard a theory that Vetinari is grooming Moist to take over as ruler of the city. I quite like this idea. Anyone else have any thoughts?

*AHEM* Dear God, no.

Vetinari is as good as he should be, and should be no better. And Moist is just STUPID. If anyone, it should be the Librarian that takes over as Patrician.

Anyway, did anyone see Going Postal? I thought it was quite good, compared to the previous Discworld films, which were slightly under average.

I felt kinda disappointed with it. I mean, it was good, but they totally re-wrote parts of it as well as some of Moist's character. He is supposed to shy away from violence, yet he attacks Mr Pump with a pitch fork dry.gif

I wanted to hug Stanley though.

I could see it happening. Vetinari is going to keep placing Moist in higher and higher positions of power until the only step left is Patrician.

Vetinari isn't going to last forever. Someone has to take over.

Edited: Because the Typo Fairy is stalking me again.

Edited by Fortune86

Vetinari is an Umbramancer- Garth bit him!

Garth: She lies! ...Okay, but it wasn't my fault! I lost control and I did something stupid. Dr Quell's gonna kill me when he finds out...

Garth: Yeah... *shifyeyes* Let's just say I haven't revealed all of my talents at Fell Haven. Oh well...

Shush! Ignatius won't like this at all.

Garth: What a nice man. Such an example to vampirekind!

Shush, you.

San: What's this?

Nothing. *to Garth* Look what you did!

Thundervolt: I picked my lock... What're you doing?

Thundervolt: I picked my lock... What're you doing?

*Sheffield's ears prick*

What's the next TP book to come out? 'I Shall Wear Midnight'?

THis was on the 3rd page? Blasphamous.

Shush, I dun know how to spell that word.

*feels like she's interrupting peoples discussion but must post anyway*

I love the discworld books :3 though i haven't read the last few books- but i will!

Granny weatherwax is my favourite character- she is epic! xd.png

Carrot if another favorite of mine, though Vimes is a pretty much neck-and-neck with him smile.gif

I am surprised that i like the Tiffany Aching books as much as i do, hadn't expected it, but they're kinda awesome. my favorite part is in the first book when she takes the frying pan to use as a weapon xd.png .. totally something my mother would do- in her mind there aren't many things a good frying pan can't fix (and has taught both me and my sister XP )

Well, finally read my first Diskworld book.

I know, I know- why didn't I pick one up earlier? Mostly because I didn't know where to start, mostly because I couldn't be bothered. I was an idiot.

I was in a used bookstore, and they had a shelf of them. Having heard people rave about the character of Death, I picked up the one titled Mort. It was brilliant. Loved it. Just a wonderful parody.

Any suggestions on which one I should get next?

Have you read the Wyrd Sisters yet?

I haven't read many of his books, but I have to say he's an awesome fantasy author. biggrin.gif

Well, finally read my first Diskworld book. 

I know, I know- why didn't I pick one up earlier? Mostly because I didn't know where to start, mostly because I couldn't be bothered. I was an idiot.

I was in a used bookstore, and they had a shelf of them. Having heard people rave about the character of Death, I picked up the one titled Mort. It was brilliant. Loved it. Just a wonderful parody.

Any suggestions on which one I should get next?

definitely 'wyrd sisters' biggrin.gif or 'guards! guards!' smile.gif

edit: if you liked death there are a few more books with him smile.gif

Edited by afie

THis was on the 3rd page? Blasphamous.

Shush, I dun know how to spell that word.

Um... topic of discussion: Soul Music

How many references to RL bands/songs/etc. can you find? What are they?

I like We're Certainly Dwarfs (They Might Be Giants).

I like Death, too. He is a brilliant character. ^^

"Going Postal" might be my favourite at the moment. I haven't actually read that many, though.

La la la, I actually started to read this series. 8D Yay me. Also, I got my dad and my sister into it from my long rambles of how awesome it was. My dad's reading The Light Fantastic and he says he likes how the action is pretty much nonstop, and the references. =P

I finished reading Eric a few days ago, it was pretty good. Color of Magic is pretty good, The Light Fantastic is great, Equal Rites is pretty good, Mort is up there as one of my favorites, Sourcery is also up there, I haven't read Wyrd Sisters yet because the library is being stubborn and not letting me get it, Pyramids was pretty good, Guards! Guards! is probably my ultimate favorite, and Eric was pretty good, as already mentioned. Death is an awesome character, and so is Vimes.