KaidaShade

Terry Pratchett

I just started them. I read The Wee Free Men and sequels years ago, along with the Amazing Maurice. Then, about 5 months ago, I was looking at books at a Goodwill (I buy all my books at Goodwill. I read too much. XD) and I saw a few Terry Pratchett books. I bout them. Two days ago I needed something to read and started reading them. Now, next time I go to the library, I'm getting more.

I started with the Colour of Magic, then went to Pyramids. Next I'm reading the Light Fantastic and Mort. I love Death already.

I know, he was sooo cool, able to stab through layers of clothing and not perice the skin. he had all the skills it takes to be awsome. Also I kept picturing him to be this cute looking boyish figure that you would just want to snuggle...until he cuts you up and giggles gleefuly over your death. O.o

Did you watch the Hogfather mini-series? Marc Warren was brilliant.

I've devoured most of his books recently, and I just like the humour. I don't think anyone else really has the same flair.

Oh, but with the footnotes, a couple years ago I read The Floods series by Colin Thompson and he had a lot of funny and sometimes cyclic footnotes too.

My favourite Disc characters would have to be... um, so hard to choose.. in order, probably Death, the Luggage, Vimes, Susan, Carrot and Vetinari. biggrin.gif

I'm using Samuel Vimes as a RP character on another website...

Magistream. On an RP about fictional characters coming to life as teenagers, then being used by the army as assassins.

Oh, the irony...

Sam Vimes as an assassin? A teenage Sam Vimes as an assassin?

Didn't your computer explode or anything?

Magistream. On an RP about fictional characters coming to life as teenagers, then being used by the army as assassins.

Oh, the irony...

Oh, that.

... what.

What Fortune said. Internets go 'spldy.

Vimes as an assassin = D:!

I love the books with The Watch as the 'main characters'.

Death is awesome. So is Susan Death.

Anyone read Unseen Academicals yet? It's really very good, a sequel to it would be good, but I'm not sure if it'd work. :/

Oh, right, I actually read that one! I'm American, so it had me really confused for a bit.

By what everyone has said about how great these books are, I should probably read them. -adds to long list of books to read-

By what everyone has said about how great these books are, I should probably read them. -adds to long list of books to read-

You had better be adding them to the top of that list. They deserve it.

I wanna reread Going Postal and Making Money, but I can't find them in my house. D:

I found Unseen Acedemicals lacking in something, although I'm not sure what. Maybe it's just me wink.gif

I still enjoyed it though.

Sam Vimes as an assassin? A teenage Sam Vimes as an assassin?

Didn't your computer explode or anything?

I know. It's not like he has any choice... But the whole point of the RP is to escape the place, along with your slightly non-canon swamp dragon.

And it's not teenage Sam Vimes, it's Sam Vimes turned into a teenager. With no memory...

*is shot*

I know. It's not like he has any choice... But the whole point of the RP is to escape the place, along with your slightly non-canon swamp dragon.

And it's not teenage Sam Vimes, it's Sam Vimes turned into a teenager. With no memory...

*is shot*

Would that be no memory at all or just no memory of his adult life?

No memory at all. He only knows his name and his likes/dislikes. There are a few fuzzy memories, but nothing else.

But he knows not to annoy a swamp dragon...

Yes, it will... It's gonna be fun.

BTW, I watched Sir Terry on the One Show yesterday. And went 'squeee!'...

Yes, it will... It's gonna be fun.

BTW, I watched Sir Terry on the One Show yesterday. And went 'squeee!'...

I missed him T-T

Anyone else but me watching Going Postal at Easter?