KaidaShade

Terry Pratchett

First are the colour of magic, second the light fantastic, and they kinda go hand-in-hand because the second one begins where the first one ends..

Then are equal rites, mort, sourcery... Wyrd sisters... Uhm, try it out on amazon - someone is bound to have made a list.

That said, I've read the first 5 and they're amazing. biggrin.gif

*huggles Death*

Right now, Pratchett's books are the only fantasy novels I'm bothering to read. They're refreshingly different and so funny!

I especially like Susan, Death's granddaughter. I hope we'll be getting another book or two with her. She's cool!

Most recent Pratchett books I read is the Tiffany Aching series. Now, I usually don't like kids as main characters in novels but Tiffany's really great! I'd LOVE to read more about her, too.

I got so many favourite Pratchett characters that I can't really name them all. Rincewind. The three witches from Lancre. Luggage. Susan. Tiffany. the Ankh-Morpok city watch. Basically, all of them, I guess. *lol*

OMG...more Discworld fans, never did I think I would see them O.O

Well I LOVE Discworld, nothing better then a fun logical book. As far as favorit characters go for me I like DEATH and who does not, he is the best Discworld gent out there...and I also like his grandaughter Susan, she is pretty cool. There are a lot of little side characters I like too who only ever show up in one book but those are my two favorit main charicters...if even there is such a thing.

I do....

I like Death and the auditors...and BS Johnson, who as far as I know, hasn't made an appearance in the series.

Favorite is Soul Music :3

And for the people who don't like the humor, it may take some getting used to. Most ofthe jokes are either random or pertain to other characters or places in the series.

I've been meaning to get back into Pratchett's books, but haven't had the time or cash to check any of the newer ones out. Anyone got a good recommendation of which to look for?

I've been meaning to get back into Pratchett's books, but haven't had the time or cash to check any of the newer ones out. Anyone got a good recommendation of which to look for?

The newer ones with Moist von Lipwig are entertaining if you want to get into a new character. Making Money had him in it and, even though Pratchett's humor has changed a little, it's still a good read.

Thud! is the latest with the guards I do believe.

Newer books? What was the last you read so we have a reference?

Going Postal is the first with Moist von Lipwig and I thought it was very good, but Making Money isn't ever going to be my favorite. Thud! is another book to recomment though.

Edited by Laura-Lana

The last one, Unseen Academicals, seemed to be lacking something, although I don't know what. It didn't seem to be up to Terry's usual standard.

omg diskworld is mint, these no way to explain the greatness of the books or the characters, death The best of the all. and the films a fantastic too(next one on easter)

TP = <3

Death and all that concerns him (especially Susan) is my favorite. Second place for goes to anything that involves witches. The Hogfather was definitely my favorite.

The only miniseries which I haven't read yet is the Ankh-Morpork watch ones, and I really ought to; a lot of people have said that they're the best.

Wheeee! I love Discworld and I've only ever read one quote from Guards! Guards!

One day I'll read all the books. I solemnly swear.

Newer books? What was the last you read so we have a reference?

Going Postal is the first with Moist von Lipwig and I thought it was very good, but Making Money isn't ever going to be my favorite. Thud! is another book to recomment though.

Going Postal ( I guess it's not newer now) was the last one I read and I thought about buying Making Money....but I think I'll just get it from the library.

Was there anything wrong with Making Money? Just so I know.

I think I got the two books mixed up. I meant to say Going Postal in my last post and not Making Money....for some reason the cover for Making Money popped in my mind and I got the two reversed +.+

I love Terry Pratchett! I think I'd be hard pressed to choose favorite characters, most of them are quite loveable. I haven't read the books for quite some time though - I wish there were more hours in a day so I could fit more in!

Though one thing confused me - Magrat got married to a prince, but it was written out. Why exactly did that happen? I would have thought it wouldn't be too hard to replace her as maiden, but I assume Mr. Pratchett just didn't want to see her leave. Did it ever get written back in?

Making Money's okay IMO, but people like different books for different reasons... you should probably check it out at the very least.

Magrat does come back in a few books, I think. I can't really tell, my timeline's a bit screwy.

On a happy note, a friend who didn't like TP much (WHAT) gave me The Fifth Elephant, so I'm 1 closer to a complete set.

I like any book with Death in it. I read through Discworld in a weird way--Soul Music is the one I read first, and then some of the ones with the Lancre witches, and then the Ankh-Morpork Watch, and so on. Soul Music and Hogfather remain two of my favorites.

I haven't read Making Money, though I do own it. Maybe I will soon.

AHHHH, I love his books. Death is the best in all the Discworld and you can not argue that because you know it too. His grandaughter is epic too and so was Teatime even if he died at the End of Hogfather.

I have read all the discworld series up to Making Money. 1st book I read was pyramids. What really draws me is the sometimes weird humor and those little notes which Terry Prachett puts in his book.

So far I haven't some across any other author who does it that way. There's also a sort of progression from the first book till the latest one. All in all a very good read. laugh.gif

I have read all the discworld series up to Making Money. 1st book I read was pyramids. What really draws me is the sometimes weird humor and those little notes which Terry Prachett puts in his book.

So far I haven't some across any other author who does it that way. There's also a sort of progression from the first book till the latest one. All in all a very good read.  laugh.gif

FYI the Death Gate Cycle by Weiss & Hickman is full of little notes down the bottom of pages as well. But they're not funny in the way Pratchett is.

Gotta say I think Pratchett is a master of observational satire. He's done a bang-up job of translating British humour into the written word.

Edit: typos

Edited by TikindiDragon

Teatime was the best villian ever smile.gif

I know, he was sooo cool, able to stab through layers of clothing and not perice the skin. he had all the skills it takes to be awsome. Also I kept picturing him to be this cute looking boyish figure that you would just want to snuggle...until he cuts you up and giggles gleefuly over your death. O.o

i love the discworld series! Death is my fave character too! oh and Rincewind! the luggage is probably the funniest character tho biggrin.gif

i love Mort, Reaper Man, all books with Rincewind in them. too many to mention really!

one of my fave scenes was when War and Pestilence get drunk in the pub with Famine bouncing about the kitchen, i think its in Sorcery.

such a shame he has ended up with Altzheimers sad.gif

I haven't read all discworld books, but I like the ones with rincewind and the reaper best. And the book with the last not/magical sword... But some of the books are a bit too random for me.