Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Having waited the 10 days and then spaced it.. May I please be re-added biggrin.gif

Alright, so I've been trying to come up with a good date for the next giveaway and haven't been able to find a good one. My schedule is pretty full all through this coming week, what with my last few finals and then some end-of-school partying, so the next giveaway will probably end up being Friday or Saturday (the 1st or 2nd of June). The next drawing after that will be Donator Written, and then EGA will probably wrap up for the Summer.

Also, people will be added to the list shortly!

Alright, so I've been trying to come up with a good date for the next giveaway and haven't been able to find a good one. My schedule is pretty full all through this coming week, what with my last few finals and then some end-of-school partying, so the next giveaway will probably end up being Friday or Saturday (the 1st or 2nd of June). The next drawing after that will be Donator Written, and then EGA will probably wrap up for the Summer.

Also, people will be added to the list shortly!

Sounds like a good plan, only thing I am going to miss is your great stories.

Have a great summer everyone.

Not sure if I can be re-added to the list because I won last round, but It's been 10 days, so can am I allowed to be re-entered on the list or do I have to wait an extra day?

May I be re-added to the list, please?

Wondered why I wasn't there, then realized I didn't bold it last time I asked.

Adding everyone!

And there's a giveaway coming up today! Get them donations in if you haven't already!

EDIT: As usual, I'm a bit behind schedule. But I'm getting there!

Edited by Stealthypugs

Finally, the great season of summer has arrived! For those of us who don’t have extra school or jobs to attend to, this is a period of joyous free time best filled with elaborate travel plans. Back on Earth, travel was expensive, often too expensive to become more than a wish or a dream. DC has a few excellent opportunities for those with adventurous souls, though, which brings us to the phone box alley.

The phone box alley is a crooked, narrow street in one of DC’s cities. It is a picture-perfect mimicry of a London street, the most striking resemblance being the red telephone boxes. Granted, this alley probably houses more of these boxes than all of London combined, but that’s not the point. The system is simple: any young dragon may enter a box (provided they fit without scratching the paint job), and they will then be transported to a random vacation hotspot. Of course, the whole thing is rather new, this being its first year open to the public, and there are a few glitches with the return journey (the main one being that the traveler never ends up back where they started). Regardless of this, though, the locations are still spectacular, so why don’t we go check some of them out?

One of the first ones to use the alley’s services was A PAPER EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF SAPHIRASAPPHIRE! It was spirited away to the greatest library on the planet, so large that it uses up the entirety of a rather large island off the coast of DC’s mainland. Each castle-like building housed a different genre, books from all ages and authors lining the cold stone walls. Though the inside air was dry to extend the longevity of the paper, the courtyards and gardens between each edifice were pleasantly warm and slightly humid, sometimes almost tropical. Guests drifted about all day, relishing the weather or engrossed in a good book, until at night they lay down in the soft grass to enjoy a night strangely devoid of bugs. The paper may spend as much time as it will there, but eventually it will be returned to the place that the phone box thinks is home: the caves of LucyFiddle!

Sometimes it happens that a group of friends wants to vacation together, so they’ll all hop into the same phone box, such as with a group comprising of A SWALLOWTAIL, TWO HARVEST, AND A ROYAL BLUE FROM THE CAVERNS OF CHAOTINE! These eggies ended up on what seemed to be a traditional farm. For the most part, it was indeed traditional, at times even a bit stereotypical. There were fields where golden plants grew, orchards full of fruit bearing trees, and pastures where grazing beasts roamed. During the day, there was work to be done, though all in good fun and fine company, and at night, everyone would kick back and sing songs and tell stories, sometimes around a campfire. All the details were wrong, though: the plants in the fields shed grains of actual gold, the trees bore fruit that glowed like fireflies and shattered like glass if it wasn’t ripe yet, the gentle vegetarians in the pastures had too many tails and not enough eyes, and the fire could sometimes be heard making music to go with the singing. Despite these peculiarities, the eggies simply loved the place, and were sorry when they had to leave. Of course, they were even sorrier when they ended up in separate caves after the return journey: the swallowtail with Anna Selka, the harvests with Lolturtle and TSparkle123, and the royal with Rockin' On!

Another visitor to the alley was a sweet little PINK EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF LAGIE! Never having had the chance to travel much in its lifetime, this pink had spent a lot of time thinking about where it might end up going. Back at home, the walls of its room were covered with posters and pictures from calendars, each portraying a different spectacular place: mountains, lakes, rivers, canyons, tunnels, spires, cities, forests, deserts, fields, even other moons and planets. Never had it imagined that it would end up closer to the center of the world than any of its pictures could take it: the bottom of an ocean trench. Blanketed in darkness for eons, these depths were recently illuminated when a team of researchers with deep water exploration rights decided to build a cluster of self-sustaining air bubbles, complete with luxury suites and room service. Each bubble is illuminated by a number of naturally luminescent bacteria, which thrive on decomposing organisms siphoned up from beneath. These bacteria are housed inside of reflector cups, which can then be aimed outside to light up the rock formations and strange, creepy creatures, or directed inwards to increase visibility. Though this was certainly not what the pink was expecting, any misgivings about the place were more than made up for by the excellent quality of both the seafood and the service. Hopefully its eventual home to-be will be equally as enjoyable, for I’ve been told that the waterfalls of master125 are quite a sight to see.

Another group that decided to go traveling together (though they found a much more comfortable way of doing so, by simply tying a few boxes together with electrical wiring) was made up of TWO GOLD TINSELS AND AN ULTRAVIOLET FROM THE CAVERNS OF HORSE2000! Ever the thrill seekers, these three were delighted to find themselves materializing inside an active volcano. The main shaft, with a pool of molten rock bubbling at the bottom, branched off into short tunnels systems or small caves at various points. These were connected by an elaborate spiral staircase, carved from the shaft’s walls. Some of the private tunnels and chambers, such as those in which the eggies got to stay, were connected to the outside, a cloud forest populated by various exotic birds and monkeys. The larger rooms had shafts leading straight up to the top of the volcano, providing ventilation which kept the inside temperatures down. Though the native inhabitants of the volcano (distant cousins of the phoenix) assure all visitors that an eruption isn’t due for another couple of centuries, these eggies probably won’t mind going home when their time is up, even if home won’t be exactly as they remember it. From the looks of it, the tinsels will end up with WinterWhisperz and MsTina, while the ultraviolet will go to Majic_Jumper!

As mentioned earlier, the system is far from perfect. Most of the kinks have been worked out, but some of them weren’t fixed until the last week before the alley’s official opening date. Before that time, one pair of eggies stumbled upon the alley by accident, and they’ve been missing ever since: A BLUE STRIPE AND A PILLOW EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF SNOWYTOSHI! They had been playing hide and seek, and when the pillow discovered the large stash of identical red boxes, it saw a world of opportunity. It ran down the row, selected one at random, and dove inside. Before the box could take off, the blue stripe, acting on a lucky guess, barged in on it. The sudden disturbance caused a hiccup in the system, and when the box took off the single dimension in which it’s programmed to run crossed the stream of another dimension, the dimension of time. We suspect that this caused the eggies to jump to a different time, from which they can’t return. When in time they are, we do not know, but we’ve been able to pinpoint the two most likely locations in which they could have settled down, so a certain Bookfanatic may find themselves with a stripe one morning, while Big Stuff might wake up in possession of a pillow.

Last but not least, the most recent visitor to the alley was a PURPLE DORSAL EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF THUNDERSKY86! It happened to chose one of the more creative boxes as its transportation of choice and, as a result, it was taken to an entire different world in this planetary system. Luckily, it ended up in a habitable area, albeit a cold one. A few rings out is a planet much colder than DC, with extensive ice caps and a thin ring of warmer climate along its equator. Though it has no atmosphere, a number of microscopic creatures have been eating away at the ice for quite some time, hundreds of meters beneath the surface. As they carved tunnels through their frozen home, their systems released various gases, oxygen included, creating pockets in which creatures such as dragons can survive, at least for a while. Though its vacation will probably turn out to be shorter than most, the dorsal does get to enjoy the silent beauty of a natural ice museum before returning to stay in the home of Kursedfire!

And that’s all the writing from me until the end of summer! Or, at least, that’s the plan. As promised, though, there will be a Donator Written Giveaway on Tuesday the 5th! The theme for this round is… Dreams and Nightmares!

For those of you who don’t know, a Donator Written Giveaway is one in which every person who donates gets to send in a paragraph of story to go with their donation. Anything goes: it can be in any style, at any skill level, and about anything you want, as long as it somehow pertains to the theme and has a blank somewhere in it for me to stick the winner’s name. You don’t have to write to be able to donate (I’ll write stories for any donations that don’t come with one), but it is highly encouraged you do (because it’s fun)! I hope to see your writing soon!

Nicely done again, Stealthy! I hadn't realized you'd gone back to being able to donate more than one.

Winner has been PM'd! smile.gif