Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Eggies can become highly creative when left to their own devices, as EGA stories have illustrated in the past. Today, a large group of friends chose sides and prepared for war, a story springing up out of nowhere, its plot immediately grasped by both sides with barely any contact whatsoever. As they finish their plans and line up in anticipation of the coming battle, we have just enough time to explain what’s going on.

In one of the larger parklands in DC, a mighty kingdom has arisen, ruled by a powerful SILVER EGGY, ONCE FROM THE HUMBLE FAMILY OF CATLOVER3288! Though this self-proclaimed king is strict and power-hungry, it’s fair to its subjects and good at maintaining peace. After establishing its supreme rule over the kingdom it founded, the silver appointed a few trusted friends to serve as the so-called ‘royal family.’ The royal family works as a panel of advisers, and the best of the lot gets to claim the throne after the retirement of the current king. Though for now they remain inferior to the silver, they’re working hard to undermine its authority, especially now that it’s off on vacation in the golden forests of white_ti_wolf_14!

Currently heading the royal family are A GOLD, SILVER, AND BRONZE TINSEL TRIO FROM THE PRESTIGIOUS LINES OF CHAOTINE! Master strategists and evil from the shine on their shells to their squishy yolk centers, there is no gang more capable of taking control of the kingdom. However, there was a problem: the people had to be weakened so they wouldn’t simply storm the castle, kill the royal family, and hold down the fort until their beloved king returned. In order to do just that, the family needed an excuse, one that would make them look like the good guys. After coming up with a good plan, the three split. Each went to inhabit a fort in a different third of the kingdom, so that they’d have better control once the chaos started. The gold tinsel is in Fort nintendont, the silver tinsel in LittleBlueMoon’s Fort, and the bronze is at Fort merozein!

The strongest, bravest, and smartest are not always top-choice for king, because ruling a kingdom requires a certain amount of finesse and a great deal of people skills. For this reason, the popular choice for heir to the throne (and, indeed, the silver’s preference) is A BLUNA EGGY, SPECIALLY TRAINED IN PUBLIC RELATIONS BY ARY_LYNN! The royal family kidnapped this eggy in the middle of the night, framing it on a small Wicca group that met on a bimonthly basis in the kingdom’s capital city. At this point in the game, the bluna’s location is still unknown, though rumor has it that it’s hidden away in a spooky cave system near the fields of Raistlin24.

Much of the general populace was outraged by the disappearance of the bluna, and all their anger was directed at the Wicca group (for the royal family’s cover-up had been a success). This anger only increased when the royal family declared an increase in taxes to help fund search parties, and to remind the people that kidnapping was a bad idea. One of the more outraged eggies was A FLAMINGO, FORMERLY EMPLOYED AT THE ARMORY OF EEVEE_EM! Secretly, this flamingo gathered a small group of tough extremists like itself, and organized a raid on one of the Wicca group’s gatherings. On the cloudy night of a new moon, they attacked, slaughtering every last member. With this in mind, the royal family increased taxes even more, instated a strict curfew, and placed a few other restrictions on society that most people didn’t agree with. As the population turned against the royal family, the flamingo was exiled to the distant wastelands of FreeWings!

This suited the royal family perfectly. The people of the kingdom were turning on them, giving them a perfectly legitimate reason to retaliate. For the time being, the tinsel trio simply sat back and let things simmer, allowing for another dissatisfied citizen to rally eggies to its cause, this time a NEBULA EGGY, EDUCATED AS A WORDSMITH BY THE FAMOUS EMERALDMAY! Quickly gaining support as it traveled from town to town, this nebula began to build an army. The gist of its argument was simply: “I’m not happy, and I know you’re not either.” Eggies flocked to join its cause from all over the kingdom, bringing whatever weapons and armor they owned, fiercely determined to overthrow the ‘innocent’ government. After having spent much of its time and effort thus far composing beautifully worded speeches to motivate its troupes, the nebula is finally getting a chance to think about strategy, tossing a few ideas around with a certain harrypotter12345!

So here’s the current situation: a majestic city lies deserted, smoke still wheedling its way out of chimneys where coals were left to smolder. In the center lies the palace, large and expensive looking, perhaps even a bit daunting, locked up tight and seemingly impenetrable. Now, though the armies don’t know it, the palace is inhabited only by a few minor members of the royal family, for the tinsels cleared out of there early on in anticipation of this exact scenario. Surrounding the great city on all sides is a vast army, occupying the wheat and corn fields, their encampments spreading farther than the eye can see. They are ready. They want action.

Some of the top generals in the nebula’s army are AN EMBER, A MAGI, A THUNDER, AND A SWALLOWTAIL, RECENTLY GRADUATED FROM THE MILITARY SCHOOL OF THUNDERSKY86! They’re excited for the upcoming battle, but growing rather impatient with the delays. Messengers keep coming by to assure them that the long wait-time is all part of a carefully thought out plan that the nebula has been working on for weeks, and that there is no need to worry. In order to pass the time, the generals have taken to choosing which luxurious estate they’ll want to claim as their own when the city is taken (for there are a few exceptionally nice looking ones on the hillside that separates the lower town from the palace). The ember’s eye was caught by a fancy villa once owned by meepsa, the magi found itself hypnotized by the glass walls of the home of UnicornBlues, the thunder ogled at the spires of the private dwellings of happyseagull, and the swallowtail simply couldn’t resist the mossy cave once inhabited by a certain dracocharky!

One of the things making the nebula and its generals on edge is the calmness of the opposing side. Not only has the royal family neglected to grace them with their presence, but there has been no sign of another army of any sort. No one knows what the tinsels are planning, though the armies might find a clue if they examined the rooftops of the palace a bit more closely. Sitting there on the battlements, looking large and out of place in the eggy-sized city, is A BLACK HATCHIE, SUSPECTED TO BE FROM THE LAIR OF YAOI_MALE27! Hatchies don’t usually get involved in the petty games and skirmishes that eggies enjoy, and the presence of one, especially of such a powerful breed, is more than a bit unnerving. The hatchie by itself could probably take out a quarter of the nebula’s army, give or take a couple dozen depending on strategy and organization. If the tinsels have managed to recruit a group of such hatchies, even a small one, the war may be all but over before it’s even had a chance to begin. Whether the army noticed the black or not, it seems to have seen enough, and has now slunk off to wait in the bathhouses of thundersky86.

What trickery is the tinsel trio up to? Will the nebula be able to foil their plans? Who will win, and what will happen next? Stick around, and you might just get to watch as it all plays out in front of you.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THUNDERSKY86 for my Magi!!! biggrin.gif She is truley coming to a house of window's and will make a wonderful edition to the family!!!

Also, Thank You Stealthypugs for the wonderful story!!! biggrin.gif

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners!!

Stealthy your story was wonderful! Who would know you had a minor writer's block if you hadn't mentioned it.

hehehe sending my evil Tinsel trio out to their new forts...to plan their evil plans! ^^

PMed my winners

I haven't been on the forums for a few days. I'm sorry. I just saw Chaotine's message.

I tried replying but their inbox is full.

I am confused...

It says I've won a Royal Blue from Leaf on the 11th...

I haven't received any message or post or egg...

Maybe the wrong person?

I haven't been on the forums for a few days. I'm sorry. I just saw Chaotine's message.

I tried replying but their inbox is full.

cleared my inbox, it's free now

send you a PM, you can still have your prize ^^

Thankyou Chaotine for the Gold Tinsel that now looks over my fort! Tried a PM but box is full...

smile.gif

You're very welcome, take good care of it. biggrin.gif

Edited by chaotine

I am confused...

It says I've won a Royal Blue from Leaf on the 11th...

I haven't received any message or post or egg...

Maybe the wrong person?

Leaf may have forgotten, or something may have come up in their RL that prevented them from coming on. I suggest just PMing them and explaining the situation.

Also, it's giveaway day! The story will be up in about an hour and a half.

THE FAMOUS EMERALDMAY!

Ooh I like this giveaway a lot (alot.png) more now wink.gif

School-wise, this is the final stretch before summer! There are only a handful of days left, and then there’re all those scary projects due and tests to do. Some are easier than others, some shorter, some longer, some nonexistent, but for some reason they’re all terrifying nonetheless. Many eggies are preparing for their finals as we speak, eagerly looking ahead to the summer months as they struggle to stay focused on the task at hand. Let’s go visit some, shall we?

Out in the garden, there’s a young TURPENTINE EGGY FROM THE WOODLANDS OF ENGIYPE! Its main class this semester was Mother Nature, an in-depth history and magic course examining the powers that make the world work. These magicks are ancient, and far more abstract than fractalized than conventional draconic spells used today. Tapping into these forces requires more than simply mental focus and patience: one must actually communicate with the life magic that flows through things. For its final, the Turp is to be given a randomly selected object which it will then have to replicate through the manipulation of a fast-growing tree. In order to practice, it’s come to sit in the grass, trying to make the stalks sway in directions that the wind generally doesn’t allow. The trick is quite impressive when it actually works, forming beautiful patterns as the little eggy sings to the plants. Provided it passes the class, this eggy has been given a job opportunity with sei_chan65’s landscaping company!

One of my favorite classes is Behavioral Sciences, currently being attended by A BLACK STRIPE, A RED, A HELLFIRE, A RIDGEWING, A ROYAL BLUE, AND A GEODE EGGY FROM THE ANIMAL SHELTER OF CHAOTINE! This course doesn’t only focus on how animals think and act and why, but how this can be altered. It’s unnerving to watch violent crocodiles act like cuddly puppies, and bunny rabbits devour carcasses, but that’s what these eggies are learning to do, through reconditioning processes and the tweaking of some key neurological connections. Their final is one of the toughest out of all of the classes: each student is given a harmless animal (this year it’s a type of tree frog) which they must turn into a champion. On the day of the final, the frogs will be pitted against each other in a tournament-style competition. The student whose frog becomes champion gets the highest grade. Everyone approaches it differently. The black stripe, for instance, is simply making their frog carnivorous. The geode, on the other hand, is giving it the ability to hibernate, so it can just hang out until its opponent starves to death. No matter who comes out victorious and who ends up on the bottom, all six of these eggies will have lots of fun over the summer, for they’ve managed to secure private labs in which to carry out their own experiments, thanks to various sponsors. The stripe was sponsored by Nyda, the red by PieMaster, the hellfire by Martuch, the ridgewing by Drawin, the royal blue by angyal, and the geode by rhinne!

We have time to cover one more class, in which the youngest student is a RED EGGY FROM THE SAVANNAS OF THUNDERSKY86! This is a hunting class, focused solely on teaching and fine-tuning techniques that will keep a dragon’s family fed. For the final, each student is set loose in a controlled environment that spans numerous acres. They are then given five hours to find and kill the largest prey animal they can find, and are scored on efficiency, size, and cleanness of the kill. The red being still an eggy, it is greatly lacking in strength, so it has decided to rely on baited traps and lures. Today, it’s sitting on the roof of the school, laying out a grid of netting to be employed in one of its various snares. By this time tomorrow, it will hopefully have successfully emerged from the wilderness, ready to present its trophy first to the teacher, and then to its good friend MagicLance!

Now, if only the finals for us human folk were that interesting…

Bahaha, nice story Stealthy and if only, eh? =P

The eggies doing the behavioural science course made me wonder if you were a Psych student. XD Plus, I dunno if it's because I saw the film, but the moment I read "set loose in a controlled environment" I thought "Hunger Games, dragon style =o"

Hehe. <:

Bahaha, nice story Stealthy and if only, eh? =P

The eggies doing the behavioural science course made me wonder if you were a Psych student. xd.png Plus, I dunno if it's because I saw the film, but the moment I read "set loose in a controlled environment" I thought "Hunger Games, dragon style =o"

Hehe. <:

Ehehe. I've never taken a proper psych class, but it's certainly interesting. Also, I'm watching through Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and got the idea for that story from the Initiative. Well, that and the premise behind my Robotics final. >.<

And yes, it is quite like the Hunger Games! xd.png For some reason, though, while I was writing it, all I could think of was "Jurassic Park, as a big-game hunting range."

Edited by Stealthypugs

*headdesks* I can't believe I've missed donating to another Give-Away day! sad.gif

Great story, Stealthy! I'll try to be more attentive for the next one.

Congratulations to tonight's winners biggrin.gif

Love the story Stealthy!

May I be re-added to the list? Thanks! Edited by Nicoleong9