Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

What is the wait for winners? didn't see a time limit on the front page if there isn't a time limit

Can you add me to the list again?

It's definitely right there in the first post:

Once you’ve won, you can ask to be re-added after 10 days have passed since you won. This is regardless if you got the egg or not, and is to ensure people don't win twice in a row.

;3

I've tried to give Stealthy my entry, but their inbox is full...

Also, may I be re added please?

PM BOX EMPTIED! Sorry about that.

Giveaway soon! Get your stories in! I will wait until giveaway time for people to get stories written and PMed to me (though if you poke me earlier than that and tell me you're working on it I'll hold off on posting the drawing until you're done).

Since the forums appear to have been down for the past several hours, the giveaway is hereby postponed until tomorrow, the 11th! Sorry, but I'm a bit tied up in homework now. unsure.gif

EDIT:

Giveaway in less than an hour!

Edited by Stealthypugs

Bugs Bunny once taught the world that it’s always a good idea to take a left turn at Albuquerque. But DC doesn’t have an Albuquerque, so there are always dragons getting lost, especially young eggies. Today, we have a neat collection of stories from the Donators themselves, talking about some of the adventures that their little darling have gone on.

Let’s start with forests, and swamps, and all those other dark green places that horror movies popularized as the homes of strange monsters.

There was a great forest outside the town of YAOI_MALE27, where a great Black eggy was said to live on the edge of the town, towards the less dense parts of the forest. That wouldn't be a problem if it was a normal forest, but this one is said to have untold horrors in the denser part of the forest. The eggy was a carpenter, so it braved the less dense forests every day to get trees, it was said that it was fearless from the work it did. One day, it got a big order for some wood found in the darker part of the forest and set off to find the trees. It managed to find the trees, but it also found several creatures along the way. It was starting to get dark when it heard a particular noise that spooked it, causing it to drop the trees and run into the forest and get lost. No one ever saw it again, but it is rumored to have taken refuge in the far town of AppleCakes.

Okay, so not all forests are dark and scary. Some are just confusing and maze-like, such as the one encountered by a TURPENTINE EGGY from the caves of EEVEE_EM! This little egg was tired of the other little eggs making fun of its smell, so it decided to live by itself in the woods. It managed to find a nice campsite and had lots of fun exploring, but eventually it got hungry. Unfortunately, it didn't know to find food in the woods and had lost track of how to get back home. After wandering around aimlessly for a wile, it managed to find some carrots in the garden of MsTina.

Sometimes, forests give way to large expanses of dusty, naturally occurring furnaces. With their extreme day-night temperature swings and unpredictable weather, deserts are not the ideal places to lose one’s way.

One of the main problems with deserts is that they mess with your mind, and the minds of innocent eggies such as A WHITE, A GOLD-HORNED TANGAR, A RED, AND A HELLFIRE FROM THE CAVES OF CHAOTINE! These eggies wandered into the never ending dunes that started a few blocks from their home. Almost immediately, the four friends were separated in a fierce sandstorm. When they regained consciousness, each was alone, with desert stretching in all directions and no sign of water in sight. For the next few days, each wandered around in circles, though they did their best to move in straight lines. Eventually, the dehydration and confusion got to their brains, and they began to see wavering images of each other, or of lush oases, or even of dreadful monsters. The mirages shimmered in the distance, appearing to either get closer or farther away depending on what the eggy didn’t want. At one point, the white saw what it took as a mirage of the hellfire, while the hellfire saw the tangar, and the tangar saw the red, and, completing the circle, the red spotted the white. Each thought the desert was just playing tricks on it, so they didn’t bother to investigate. If they had, they might have actually found each other instead of just crossing paths and walking in opposite directions. Again. Eventually, they ended up stumbling back into civilization. The white is now recovering with Wolfu-san, the tangar with Spyder, the red with Kanaye, and the hellfire with Tahilanor84!

This next egg was of Ashura’s Changeling brood. Fear not, it is only the new breed Turpentine, not another brand new release. It had been washed away from the nest on the last heavy rainstorm the desert had went through. Its parents were absolutely devastated and believed their firstborn egg would surely be dead. Until a kind Wanderer found it laying against the rocks in a nearby stream, just floating amongst the coming waves as an exhausted guardian dragon laid off to the side watching it along with a bunch of sleeping young hatchlings. The over stressed guardian dragon couldn’t be happier to let them take it along for safe hatching and raising.

We’ve done land, now it’s time for sea.

Once there was a very adventurous bluna eggy living in the cave of old_duck. Not content with sitting quietly and waiting to hatch, this eggy tried to go exploring every chance it got, but one of the adults usually found it and brought it back to the cave.

One day all the dragons were distracted rescuing a hatchling (who just happened to be the eggy's older sibling) who had fallen down the cliff. The little eggy took its chance and rolled quickly out of the cave, down the path and into the ocean.

It had a lovely time bobbing about on the waves. but after a while it realised that the sky was getting dark, and it really had no idea how to get back to the shore. It became quite dark and cold, and now the eggy was scared. It called out for its parents, but they did not come and it started to cry. Eventually the eggy fell asleep.

It woke up to find it was a beautiful sunny day .. and it was still floating somewhere out on the ocean, with no way of getting back to land. "If only I could get back to the cave, I will never, never go exploring again!" vowed the eggy. It called out from time to time, but no one came to rescue it.

The eggy spent several miserable days lost at sea, and then was washed ashore near the cave of abbyhursty.

Another eggy also wanted to go exploring overseas recently, though it was much more ill-equipped for such a journey: it was a ROYAL BLUE EGGY FROM THE PORTS OF LEAF0701! It had watched ships come and go all its young life, and was eager to be the one coming home to tell daring stories instead of simply serving drinks at the local tavern. One night, it went down to the cheaper, sketchier part of the ports and purchased a small dinghy (which it swears looked a lot better at night than it did in the morning). The following evening, it was off into the unknown, equipped with a couple of paddles, a loaf of bred, some cheese, and a bottle of rum. It decided to sail directly across the large body of water, determined to reach the other side and tread upon undiscovered lands. Two weeks into its journey, a hungry but triumphant royal blue beached a sorry excuse for a boat on a glittering golden shore. Little did it know that it was just a couple of miles down the coast from where it had started, having inadvertently traveled in a loop. After doing some exploring, the royal decided to stay with the local dragon clan, headed by the one and only Wave!

Well, that looks like everyo– YIKES! That’s new… and a bit out of this world.

A Shallow Water, Pillow, Moonstone, and Royal Blue from the caves of SEACATSMEW were exploring a park when something fell down to earth! They walked over to see it was a space pod. They all climbed in, and were going to pretend to be space explorers, but then it took off! The poor eggs held on, until the space pod stopped. It opened, and they hopped out. They were on the moon. They gathered up rocks, then put the in the space pod. But, that's when they saw the space alien! They jumped back into the space pod, closed it, and waited for it to take off. It didn't. The alien was getting closer! The eggs began to panic. Finally, when the alien was a foot away, it took off. But, instead of going back home, the space pod broke into four pieces! They each landed in a different cave. The Shallow Water in Tehpikachu's cave, Pillow in Tarnlia's cave, Moonstone in Shuyin7432's cave, and the Royal Blue in C4C3's cave.

And with that, this month’s Donator Written Giveaway comes to an end. Send out a big thank you to everyone who donated and contributed to the writing!

PMd my winner.

Thank you and well done to everyone, I enjoyed reading your stories smile.gif

And thank you to stealthy for organising this!

The turnip ate my carrots?!

Thank you very much ^__^ Adorable stories - good job, everyone :3

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners!

I love reading donators story give aways, they are creative and so much fun biggrin.gif

This next egg was of Ashura’s Changeling brood. Fear not, it is only the new breed Turpentine, not another brand new release. It had been washed away from the nest on the last heavy rainstorm the desert had went through. Its parents were absolutely devastated and believed their firstborn egg would surely be dead. Until a kind Wanderer found it laying against the rocks in a nearby stream, just floating amongst the coming waves as an exhausted guardian dragon laid off to the side watching it along with a bunch of sleeping young hatchlings. The over stressed guardian dragon couldn’t be happier to let them take it along for safe hatching and raising.

We’ve done land, now it’s time for sea.

Great stories, everyone! biggrin.gif

Where did this poor wee eggy end up? Or is Wanderer the name of the winner? unsure.gif

Great stories, everyone! biggrin.gif

Where did this poor wee eggy end up? Or is Wanderer the name of the winner? unsure.gif

Yup, it's Wanderer. xd.png

I thought it was hilarious that it had come out that way, albeit a bit unclear.

OoOoOoOh its awesome biggrin.gif

Please may I be added?

Please and thank you smile.gif

~Em

I would love to be added to the list! Please and thank you. <3