Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Oooh, oooh may I be added? Is there some proof I need?

Smallguy requests to be added to the list need to be Bold so Stealthy can quickly see them.

The way to see if your request to be added has made it on the list is to go to post 1 of this thread as that is where Stealthy keeps the list as well as all the winners biggrin.gif

May I be added to the list? Thank you happy.gif

Hurray! Hurray!! It's an Eggy Give Away Day.....finally biggrin.gif

Finally, the Turpentine rush is sufficiently over and Stealthy’s schedule is sufficiently empty to allow for the return of THE EGGY GIVE AWAY OF EVIL!

When populations mix (in this case, the turpentine population with all the other known dragons in DC), a few things tend to happen. Knowledge might be exchanged, cults may be formed, a couple of new deities might suddenly gain increased popularity, etc. More often than not, one of these things is the sudden outbreak of various diseases. Coincidence is not causation, of course, and it’s hard to blame things on creatures which could easily eat you with ketchup, but there are a number of people who secretly blame the newly discovered dragons for the various ailments that plague the DC population for a few weeks following a release. Whatever the cause may be, here are some documented outbreaks of various illnesses:

The first disease hit A GOLD TINSEL AND A VAMPIRE EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF CATLOVER3288! What started out as a common cold quickly escalated into a freakish freezing. Both eggs showed notable decreases in body temperatures, including the vampire, despite already being stone-cold. Soon afterwards, the chilling became so severe that frost began to appear on the eggies’ shells, not to mention the slow transition from regular coloration to purple to blue. Because Catlover’s cave doesn’t have the facilities necessary to keep these two eggies alive, they are being transferred to clinics with incubators: the tinsel will go to number 23, Phoenix Bird, and the vampire to number 84, Ashura09!

A few doors down, a similar illness was contracted by A SUNSTONE FROM THE CAVES OF EEVEE_EM! In this case, though, the eggy’s temperature was skyrocketing instead of plummeting, with a fever that reached 400 °C (think smoldering embers). Currently there is a fear of the poor sunstone melting, or simply exploding like some eggs do when heated, but keeping the eggy submerged in water seems to be helping a bit. Tonight, it will be transferred to a nearby ice-house, belonging to number 63, BlazingPhoenix!

One of the more infectious infections was first found among a number of dragons in the CAVERNS OF CHAOTINE, INCLUDING A NILIA PYGMY, A PILLOW, TWO VAMPIRES, AND A ROYAL BLUE EGGY! This is a disease which DC has seen before: the dreadful Rabbititis. Early symptoms involve seeing swirling spots and experiencing blackouts, while more advanced stages include intense cravings for carrots. Eventually, the victim grows long ears and fur, soon looking no different from the common hare with the exception of color, which the eggy retains from when it was still more dragon than rabbit. Because there is no cure, the transformation must just be made as comfortable and painless as possible, so the eggies are being taken to luxurious retreats near farms full of scrumptious vegetables. The nilia is to go with number 92, Amberfly , the pillow with number 89, Nicoleong9, the vampires with numbers 61 and 39, angelicdragonpuppy and ninizucchini, and the royal with number 60, brairtrainer!

Of course, not all the diseases are quite as interesting or severe, such as the one which now torments A SILVER TINSEL EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF SNOWYTOSHI! This pampered little star has simply been left with a severe throat ache and congestion of the voice box, meaning that it cannot speak a word and is reduced to pitiful sounding squeals and moans, if it can manage to produce sound at all. This wouldn’t be as much of a problem if the tinsel’s life didn’t revolve around its ability to gossip, but because that does happen to be the case, this virus will make its life a living hell for a while. Because it can’t complain even if it wanted to, the tinsel is being moved out as soon as possible, destined to end up with number 97, Kaini, in a sound-proof room!

The diseases we’ve looked at so far have mostly been problematic in a physical sense (i.e. they inflict pain), and have not induced behavioral changes (unless you count the carrot craving characteristic of the aforementioned Rabbititis). It’s quite a different case for A BLUNA EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF MYLORITE! Blunas live in the water and for the water, and this one was just like any other until about two days ago. First, it just seemed a bit depressed, but it soon cheered right back up and everything went back to normal, except for one little key difference: the eggy wouldn’t go anywhere near water. It shied away from even the smallest drop of the life-giving liquid, shunning everything from swimming to drinking. A nearby hospital has volunteered to help in keeping the poor thing alive (mainly by knocking it out and forcing liquids into its system) until it recovers, so the bluna will be moved tonight to the wards of number 54, amyrokz!

Because behavioral diseases are generally caused by some virus or bacterium messing with an organism’s brain, they are infinitely interesting. On that note, here’s another one: a new and, apparently, highly contagious viral infection that sends the basic hard-wired instincts in a creature into overdrive, as exemplified by A BLACK, A BLUNA, A PINK, AND A RIDGEWING EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF WANDERER! The black has lost control of its inherent warrior self, and attacks anything and everything that moves. The bluna has become so engrossed in its social life that it simply will not leave other dragons alone; it’s always there, wanting to play and interact and be petted, and one simply can’t get rid of it. The pink, whatever gender it may be, has gone all-out feminine in its behavior, especially insofar as caring for eggs is concerned (though, being an eggy, it usually looks after pygmies, because they’re smaller and can thus not make the pink feel inferior). Finally, the ridgewing has taken to hurtling itself off cliffs, lustful for a dance with the wind. In case you couldn’t guess from its wingless condition, this never ends well. All four of these eggies have become obsessed with the most menial parts of their personalities, to the point where they might drop dead from exhaustion simply because they refuse to quit their ‘duties.’ In order to monitor their progress, they’re being moved to other caves: the black to number 57, mistycloud123, the bluna to number 33, MeredithG, the pink to number 3, silverrose1290, and the ridgewing to number 95, fly201!

The next disease, though unremarkable as far as symptoms go, shouldn’t be possible, at least not on this planet. According to the top scientific minds of this day and age, it can only be contracted if you come into contact with the blood of a rooster born from a Ninja and a Space Chicken. Rivalries between the two Chicken factions aside, one cannot ignore the fact that all known DC fowl are female, and thus should not be able to have children, much less sons. Now that we’ve determined that this disease cannot exist in DC, will someone please explain to me why A SILVER TINSEL AND A WHITE STRIPE FROM THE CAVERNS OF AUTANA HAVE BECOME HORRIBLY SICK FROM IT?! Please, if you have any light to shed on this matter, visit the baffled scientists in your area. Alternatively, if you prefer to confirm my claims, you may visit the eggies at the following locations: the white stripe at the home of number 70, nataliarocks1317, and the tinsel at that of number 45, Remy400!

Dragon pox is the most common disease on this planet; almost every dragon ever to have lived has had this disease at least once. So of course, it’s no surprise that amidst all these other crazy happenings, at least one creature has come down with a perfectly normal illness: a poor little WHITE EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF LAGIE! For the next few weeks, it will be stuck in bed while brightly colored spots and stripes appear and disappear from its beautiful clean shell. Not only does this sickness make the victim look ridiculous, but the markings are itchy and create searing pain as they spread. As far as anyone knows, nothing has ever died from dragon pox, so this white will just have to wait out the torture, though Lagie has decided to relocate it to the nearby home of number 22, girlfairy76!

So far, all of the sicknesses can be blamed on the sudden proliferation of Turpentines, but they’re not getting off as scot-free as you may think, as can be seen in a pair of GHASTLY LOOKING SPECIMENS FROM THE CAVERNS OF THUNDERSKY86! The disease-exchange goes both ways, and though it never seems to affect the smaller population of new dragons as much as it does the already established dragons, they still get hit pretty badly. Take these two Turps, for instance: their colors are faded, their shells look like they’re sagging, and their smell has changed from that of turpentine to that of two-week old pineapple juice. We’re not sure what’s wrong with them, but just in case it’s contagious and/or lethal, these two are being isolated. One will be in the caves of number 2, malucm47, and the other will be with number 16, Catlover3288!

Lastly, we have a slightly peculiar case, A BLACK STRIPE FROM THE CAVES OF PINCH OF STARDUST! It showed up at a local clinic this morning, swearing it was sick and dying and in pain and who-knows-what-else, but for the life of us we can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. Its temperature is normal, it can walk just fine, it can talk, it doesn’t test positive for any documented diseases, and is neither dehydrated nor lacking nutrition. On the other hand, though, we tested its claims with our best lie-detection machines, and can conclude only one thing: either the machines are broken or the eggy isn’t lying. The doctors are starting to think that the only thing wrong with the eggy is that it honestly believes something is wrong with it. Either way, they’re getting tired and have headaches, so the stripe is being inconspicuously redirected to the gladiator arenas as run by number 48, hannah51715!

So, remember, get your eggies vaccinated before they too fall victim to one of these dreadful plights! In the words of a misleading poster: “Vaccines are like hugs! You don’t want to miss one!”

WAIT! COME BACK! There is a Donator Written Giveaway NEXT TIME! More information will follow shortly.

Wow! Great stories as always, my poor Ridgewing though! *snickers*

Notified my winners smile.gif

Alright, I have the Donator Written bit figured out now (i.e. I though of a theme tongue.gif).

For those of you who don't know, a Donator Written Giveaway is a monthly event in which donators can send in a paragraph of story along with their eggs. In other words, I'm not doing the writing! There are no rules as to what you can and cannot write, and you should not be discouraged from writing based on your perception of your own writing talent (because you probably write better than you think you do). Well, I lied, there is one rule, you have to stick for the theme. For this round, your theme is LOST! Pretty much: go!

You are not required to write, but are highly encouraged to if you donate. If you absolutely don't want to write, or don't have the time, I'll write a paragraph for you. Again, though, don't not write just because you think you're not a good enough writer, because that way you don't all get stuck reading my writing. Again.

Knock yourselves out, guys!

Yay I won! Cool stories Stealthy. Messaging my winners!

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners!!

Fun story Stealthy....so good to have an Eggy Give Away and one of your great stories again biggrin.gif

PM sent to winner along with teleport link.

Great job Stealthie! I have PMed my winner- I hope she answers soon cause it has 2 days 12 hours left tongue.gif

Should I PM you if I want to donate? smile.gif

Yes! All the info you need on Donating is in the OP, so make sure you read it. wink.gif

Winner has been PM'd, has replied, and now has teleport link to collect when she's unlocked. smile.gif

Thanks, Stealthy!

Great stories, as always stealthy ^^

all winners of my eggs have a PM and will (hopefully) take their Rabbititis-infected eggs soon home to a carrot field ^^

Great stories, as always stealthy ^^

all winners of my eggs have a PM and will (hopefully) take their Rabbititis-infected eggs soon home to a carrot field ^^

Claimed the lovely pillow egg, thanks! happy.gif

Little black stripe went POOF! ....teleported off to the winner's scroll biggrin.gif