Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

My winner has been PMed. Wave will accept it when her scroll unlocks.

I have accepted the egg, thank you very much smile.gif

Welcome one, welcome all, to the only (and thus most spectacular) Terran Motor Vehicle Giveaway in all of DC! Every few years, the humans from a certain planet they call Earth bring a few gas-guzzling monsters to DC as ‘gifts’. Because us DC folks have perfectly good dragons with which to get around, we have no use for these machines, so we simply distribute them to random members of the population in the hopes that they’ll serve as good yard decorations or chicken coops. Since this doesn’t happen too often, most of the younger dragon population is unfamiliar with these things that the Terran use as transportation. Following are some of the first-encounter stories, as documented moments before the giveaway.

Among the first to meet a car was A GOLD TINSEL EGGY FROM THE ENTOMOLOGY DEPARTMENT LED BY CHAOTINE! Having grown up among scientists in the bug-studying field, this eggy made a bee-line for the most insect-like contraption: a Volkswagen Bug. The tinsel immediately attempted to identify this particular species of arthropod, even dragging out a dichotomous key and dissection tools (which it didn’t end up using after discovering it could just open a door and get in). It was checking under the seats when the giveaway started and the car was entrusted to its new owner. Refusing to give up before reaching a consensus on the metal creature’s species, the eggy went with the winner, who happened to be number 63, Moonbeam22!

Then there came A FLAMINGO EGGY FROM THE ESTUARY ROOSTS OF IMZADI83! This flamingo, accustomed to crude nests made of plant matter, was allowed to meet the luxuries of an RV. Not even the spacious quarters of the wealthier dragon keepers are as soft as the interior of that metal box, with its carpets and pillows and puffy padded seats. For the eggy, it was love at first sight. After rushing through the entire vehicle multiple times in a frenzy of ecstasy and joy, it slowed its pace and visited each area and piece of furniture individually, gently stroking them and making sure they were comfortable. This process took multiple hours, and by the time the eggy had finished the RV had been shoved into a corner of the gardens of number 17, Big Stuff!

After that, a low-riding Cadillac was introduced to A THUNDER EGGY FROM THE TUNNELS OF RHUNYA! The tunnels in which the thunder has lived until now are leftover from ancient dwarves mining efforts, and have thus been completely drained of metals, much to the disappointment of an eggy whose favorite pastime involves supercharging conductive materials. It was thus delighted to discover that, in addition to sporting a stylish paintjob, the Cadillac was made of practically nothing but metal! The rest of its time was spent sitting on the back seat, motionless, as it transferred electrical energy into the metal frame of the car. Whoever happens to touch the Cadillac next is in for quite a shock, literally. From the looks of it, that’s going to be number 34, Engiype! Let’s see how awesome their hair looks once it’s all standing straight up…

One of the newer models takes the form of a chrome-plated limousine (because there’s no such thing as too much shiny), which became a subject of great interest for A SILVER EGGY FROM THE GEM MINES OF MYLORITE! Though it’s seen its reflection countless times in the slick faces of gemstones, it has never encountered a mirror quite like the one that hugs the sides of the limousine. Instead of providing a clear picture of what the eggy looks like, the chrome showed a crisp, perfect image of the world, but smudged, swirled, and otherwise distorted in every way imaginable. On top of being disorienting, it sent the silver into an existential crisis. What if this was actually what the world looked like? What if everything else it had ever perceived was wrong? What if–well, you get the gist. Unfortunately, as it circled the liquefying limousine, it completely lost track of time, and when it was time for the thing to be driven out of there to its final resting place, the eggy was directly in front of it. The car ran into the eggy, and pushed it along all the way to the home of number 21, ubbydubby!

Not everything that the Terran people give us is as modern or as fancy as the limousine. On the contrary, some of the models we received this year resemble horse-drawn carriages with a steering wheel and bicycle tires. Though not practical in the day and age of the current Earth, they are still interesting a beautiful in an antique kind of way. One eggy that agrees with me is A MAGMA FROM THE SMITHIES OF DEADLY NONCHALANCE! Long employed in the arts of metalworking, the magma was deeply intrigued by the craftsmanship of the contraption. It took two thorough inspections for the eggy to be convinced that it was structurally sound and capable of movement, and though it couldn’t deny the beauty of the machine, it had to write it off as inefficient and overly complex as a replacement for the simple task of walking. Nevertheless, it remained with the antique until the giveaway was held, and then hid inside the rim of a wheel so it could study how the thing moved. Now, the magma has taken up a semi-permanent residency with number 32, lovecats99!

Remember the DELICIOUS GOLD TINSEL EGGY FROM THE SEA-SIDE HOME OF CATLOVER3288 that my dearest Sweetling described to you last time? Well, it managed to escape and survive to hatchling-hood, and has since been traveling around in constant fear of being devoured. The first thing it saw when it came across the collection of vehicles was a double-decker bus. A light bulb moment ensued. With incredible speed for such an underfed hatchie, the tinsel entered the bus and made its way to the roof. From there, it began to re-arrange the seats so they created an effective fortress wall, working its way back to the bottom front of the bus. With every window barred by the back of a seat and the only entrance blocked by a number of metal spikes which the hatchie fashioned out of various auto-repair tools, the tinsel felt secure for the first time since its break for freedom. Of course, the bus couldn’t stay in this spot, for it obstructed the view and would look much better at the bottom of a pond somewhere, so with a little help from a couple of strong fliers, the last vehicle was taken to the home of number 43, alabaster_demon!

The end! We can all pack up, go home, and sleep well tonight as we remember that it will be another few years before the dirty horror of Terran technology returns to this pristine world of ours.

Quick side note: There will not be a giveaway on the 23rd! It’s my birthday, and I’m determined to do as little work as possible on that day. ^^

Shucks. I forgot to check the Give-Away date. dry.gif

Well done, Stealthy! Congratulations to the winners. smile.gif

Happy early birthday, Stealthy!

Happy birthday!!!

May I please be re added? Sorry if I'm already there, I don't think I rejoined, and I don't see me. biggrin.gif

Congratulations to tonight's winners!!

...an early Happy Birthday to you Stealthy user posted image

Hehe Happy Early Birthday Stealthy! Messaging my winner soon!

Congrats to all winners

Winner has a PM egg successfully transfered to winner's scroll ^^

Edited by chaotine

Happy birthday in advance, Stealthy!

Gonna pitch my name back in so could I please be added to the list? =)

Also going to write a note to remind myself of the giveaway. I've been so busy lately I keep forgetting dates and everything. ><

Adding people!

The giveaway date is set! It will be tomorrow, the 25th of April, at the usual time.

Stealthy? Are you still doing the Give-Away today, what with the new drop and all?