Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Whoops! I just cleaned out my Inbox, so you people can PM me again. xd.png

Giveaway coming up soon!

EDIT:

If you haven't written a story yet, you get until 5:30 CST (about half an hour) to change your mind! If you do change your mind, send me a quick PM and I'll give you until drawing time (6:00 CST) to get it to me. wink.gif

Edited by Stealthypugs

May I please be re added to the list? thanks! biggrin.gif Edited by ticonderoga2

Waiting impatiently

Ok..my story is submitted,and Im ready for the GIVE-AWAY!Type quick people biggrin.gif !!

Rockin' On

Edited by Rockin' On

Something sinister is afoot this Groundhog Day. Maybe it’s just that our dear friend the groundhog was mighty annoyed when he was poked and made to come out and look at his shadow, or maybe it’s something else entirely, but bad things have started happening to young dragons all around DC.

The first crime of the day was a horrible mass murder, seemingly unconnected to anything groundhog-related (though the authorities are still looking into it). The report we got on it reads as follows:

Coming from a scary day at the caves near Rockin' On & her dragons...

it seems that a terrible tragedy ensued, leaving a shaken, but live egg to tell the tale...the lone survivor (a Swiss citizen) is crying "Somebody take me please!! Im really not a violent egg!! Im NEUTRAL..” but.. here the story takes on a strange turn....

As this eggy was saying good-bye to its friends from the "Cheese Gang"...the "Young Marrows" did a fly-by & decimated the entire "Cheese Gang", leaving only our poor loner, who was left alive, but full of holes!!

Poor thing was not even part of the Cheese gang, as the SWISS are nuetral!!

It seems so unfair that even pacifist eggs arent safe these days, with the recent fly-bys!!

The hole-y cheese has been taken to an emergency center run by number 68, Big Stuff!!!

At first, we passed this off as a freak accident, or maybe just one of those silly gang pranks, but then we received a note scrawled in increasingly illegible handwriting.

What is this thing binding me, I don’t like it. Its getting stuffy in here, where am I? It’s like I am in a box that is warm enough but it is uncomfortable and getting smaller. I am a little cramped in here but I can not force my way out. Who put me here? Seems I am in marble walls with blue and silver milk, Lined with a skin as soft as silk. Within a fountain crystal clear, a golden apple doth appear. No doors there are to this stronghold, yet thieves break in and steal the gold. Can you help solve my mystery #14, Chronopie?

At the bottom, in fine print, the answer to the riddle was neatly written: “It’s a Royal Blue egg from Tivuli, and you’ll never see it again if I have to see my shadow just one more time!”

Now we knew something was up, though the whole matter confused us greatly. Trying to ignore the idea of a lonely, tortured, cold, Royal eggy being held captive by a blood-thirsty psychotic groundhog, we got to work searching for more evidence. One of our scouts sent us a Morse code message (which was strange, since he was sitting across the room) stating this:

Bad luck for a GOLDEN-HORNED TANGAR EGG FROM THE CAVES OF SEACATSMEW! This egg met up with a groundhog. The groundhog dragged the poor egg into its home, making it cough for air inside its egg. And if that wasn't enough, it started stabbing the poor egg! It died, but soon appeared in reality. Although now it has a fear of hamsters and groundhogs, it now lives in number 82, Catlover3288!!!

Well that was just great: an eggy was dreaming about being murdered by furry things. We directed it towards a psychologist, suggested a few mental asylums, and then moved on. Nothing else came up for the rest of the day, except a few unconnected cases and murders that had nothing to do with groundhogs. For example, there was a robbery…

From the caves of Catlover3288 comes a black egg and a bronze tinsel egg. The black egg was in the crime business, and would do anything for just a bit of money. So, when this evil eggy set it's eyes upon a gleaming tinsel egg just resting on a secluded beach, it thought of all the places it could sell those precious scales. The malevolent black egg slowly crept up on the sleeping tinsel, and quick as a flash of light, brought a sharp twig down on the tinsel. This, presumably killed the tinsely, and the black egg easily pried off all the scales. Luckily for the tinsel, a white dragon came down and restored it to good health and sent it off to number 28, KoyukiZaku's rehabilitation center. The black meanwhile, had been caught and tried for it's crimes and was later sent to number 52, Evarinya's dungeon.

Then there was the brutal murder of a prestigious cheese dragon by a gang of measly eggies…

Of course, only the gang members were measly. The gang itself was quite large, and is actually one branch of a dark organization that spreads terror and uncertainty through all of DC. This particular case involved the following members: A NEOTROPICAL EGGY FROM EPHEMEREIS, A NIGHT GLORY EGGY FROM MOONBEAM22, A RED AND ROYAL BLUE FROM ICE_SW, AND A GEODE EGGY FROM RHUNYA! The better spies in the group, the neotropical and night glory, have been watching their target for weeks now. They know the ins and out of every habit that the royal cheese dragon has, from how many times a day it picks its nose to who it’s currently having an affair with. All this information was relayed back to the rest of the gang, who slowly built up a master plan. Today, like every Thursday, the cheese went to a nearby cave to eggsit for a while. The red and royal blue, being the most eye-catching eggies in the group, were already stationed inside the cave. About halfway through the cheese’s shift, the eggies started a row, throwing rocks and calling each other the foulest names possible. With a snort of disgust, the cheese went over to break them up, but when it did so one of the eggies threw a rock straight at the dragon’s nose. That was the signal. An intricate web of pulleys, levers, and things that go ‘ding’ went into motion above their heads, all designed and rigged by the geode earlier that day. As the cheese watched the contraption whir in awe, the eggies fled the scene. A few minutes later, knives, battering rams, hooks, fishing line, and spoons descended from the cave entrance and, after pinning the cheese to the ground, slowly began to destroy and devour the dragon. The murderers almost succeeded in their getaway, but as a dragon turned swiftly to see what was going on the gang was sent flying by a colossal tail. Now the eggies are scattered about DC, the neotropical with number 57, FluffyPillow, the glory with number 78, Regritts, the red with number 37, hybridhydra, the royal blue with number 30, Matmetchi, and the geode with number 40, Anquatic!!!

That murder was designed to be a public display of force and cruelty, and was a tear jerker for many who saw or heard about it. One of the families present was that of a young pink eggy.

This pink's parents were witness to the horrible murder of the high ranking Cheesie just outside of Kanaye's cave. They ran back to their own cave and huddled protectively around their new egg. Secret Agent found them and pried the horrific story from the two frightened dragons. Explaining it was for its own safety, he took their little egg deep into the forests surrounding Kanaye's cave. After a few hours of the poor eggy shivering, alone and sad, a friendly group of wild Moonstones stumbled upon it. One of them scooped it up and took it with them, deciding to raise it herself. After about an hour or so, the Moonstone accidentally dropped the poor pink eggy. It hit the large leaves of a tree and, dropping from large leaf to large leaf, finally landed softly in some moss in front #8's cave, Kaini!

Then, finally, after hours of aimless wandering, we came across something promising. Apparently, the story of our search for killer rat relatives leaked out into the public.

When news of a murderous groundhog spread among the caverns of Lagie's cave, three intrepid eggies set out to locate the criminal. Keeping a close watch over their shoulders, for none of them wished to be murdered, they headed to the hills looking for clues. One of them, a daring Royal Blue eggy, found drops of blood along the side of the path. Another, a nervous cheese eggy, was almost too scared to look after that discovery but eventually found a pawprint in the dirt, mainly because the only way it would look was down. The third, a resolute red dino eggy, didn't find any clues but was sure it could hear ghostly voices on the breeze so it led the way as they looked. When they came to a three-way fork in the road, each eggy set off down a different path. Little did they realize they'd just missed the lair of the murderous groundhog, and little did they know they'd never see each other again as they each ended up in different caves at the ends of their trails, the Royal Blue in the cave of number 31, Sorator, the cheese with number 12, aimee0824, and the red dino with number 15, boscodelta.

At this point, the idea of a bloodthirsty rodent didn’t sound too shabby. There was a lair, after all, and that was definitive proof as far as we were concerned. On our way to check it out, though, we learned two things: the groundhog was on vacation in the UK, and there had been an incident earlier today in London.

One rainy morning on Baker Street, Dr. John Watson stepped out to bin the remains of an unfortunate groundhog ("it's an experiment, John!") and found a basket full of oddly-sized eggs on the doorstep of 221B. His flatmate, Sherlock Holmes, quickly realized that they were RED, BLACK, WHITE, TAN RIDGEWING, AND GOLDEN WYVERN EGGS FROM SOME RANDOM LONDONER NAMED ALABASTER_DEMON! (Not one of his more brilliant deductions; there was a note with the basket that said as much.) Sherlock’s “minor government official” brother Mycroft, who had dropped by to pester his sibling for no discernable reason, glanced at the eggs and promptly spat the tea he was drinking all over Sherlock’s ratty blue dressing gown in shock. As it turned out, the eggs had been stolen from a top-secret project, recently turned over to the control of one Professor Thomas Jones. Further investigation revealed that T. Jones had been blackmailed into faking his own gruesome murder, changing his name, and fleeing the country to pose as a student at an American university, ((REDACTED)). Jones had been replaced by none other than the dastardly James Moriarty, returned from the dead, who planned to launch the eggs into space as fake asteroids and study their dynamics! While Sherlock and John engaged into witty banter and explosive shenanigans with “Jim from IT”, Mycroft used the inter-dimensional pocket hidden in his umbrella to smuggle the eggs to a birthday party for a niece of his friend, Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade. (He really should have taken them to a secure government facility first, but he was almost late for the party and DI Lestrade would have been very upset with him.) Unfortunately, Mycroft became distracted by eating several slices of birthday cake. The eggs were mistaken as party favors and distributed to various party guests: the red egg to number 53, GoldRose, the black egg to number 89, dracocharky, the white egg to number 106, sei_chan65, the tan ridgewing egg to number 6, iZoe, and the golden wyvern egg to number 79, seacatsmew! (The aforementioned should expect a visit from agents very shortly, concerning the recovery of “important British assets”.)

We’d hit a dead end again, because the groundhog we were after had died long before today. Nevertheless, we were rather bored and decided to go raid the deceased’s home. Nailed to the door of the hobbit-hovel-like den was a note that told of a story from not-so-long-ago:

The little blue hatchling sneaks to the groundhog hole. The time was almost there, and the sun broke several times through the clouds. The small one shivered a bit, this moment was very important. There was the place, he patted with his paw on the ground to search for the hole. The groundhog, who didn't think about any disturbances, was carried out of his warm hole and dragged into the daylight. As soon as the hatchie placed the little animal on the ground, it jumped in joy. There was no sign of a shadow! The sun had decided to bless his purpose! Delighted he let the frightened groundhog run back into his shelter and went back himself.

So it would be happening that night. The blue hatchling wanted his title back. He was royal, and noone should have been allowed to steal that from him! As a little little eggie on his first days he wasnt able to defend himself, but now, now he was strong enough. Even the old legend encouraged him. It is said that once the groundhog sees his shadow on the 2nd of february, an assassin must hide for another four weeks or else he should be discovered. After sunset the blue one sharpened his claws and strengthened his soul. He was determined to kill the culprit, it was his birth given right to be a royal blue hatchling! But he couldn't get his full beeing back if the other one was still alive.

In the shadow of the night the hatchling wandered to the designed place. He was just as unseen as the shadow of the groundhog at noon. Armed with the principles and the tricks of the Greater Assassins he was convinced that he would succeed. The theif, unaware that the little blue one had survived that night so long ago, thought he was alone in that cold winter night. But no, he wasn't. The one who launched himself out of the dark knew that only too well...

Thus died my great grand-dad, at the paws of a mean royal blue who now lives with a certain number 70, Amarwen! Beware the mad royalty!

Signed: Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators and Weather Prophet Extraordinary

And thus ended our search! Keep your eyes open for a killer hatchie! We think the reason it’s moved on from attacking groundhogs to attacking eggies is that it ate too much pudding. Either that or it can’t see too well anymore.

Edited by Stealthypugs

Whoop! Lots of nice lovely donations murders and attacks! tongue.gif Yay! I won, also I messaged my winners!

Groundhog Day is officially scaring me xd.png

Congrats winners!

(I think my days of waiting are over)

Please add me to the list!

When they came to a three-way fork in the road, each eggy set off down a different path. Little did they realize they'd just missed the lair of the murderous groundhog, and little did they know they'd never see each other again as they each ended up in different caves at the ends of their trails, the Royal Blue in the cave of [insert name here], the cheese with [name], and the red dino with [name].

Methinks something is missing here smile.gif

Please add me to the list biggrin.gif

Edited by TempestSea

I won!?!?!?!?! Yay! *starts doing a strange dance that makes all the dragons around stare in confusion*

Oops! My bad. *goes to add the missing winners real quick before Lagie notices*

xd.png

Insert name here, name, and name have all been PM'd! smile.gif