Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Ladies, gentlemen, dragons, gather around! Please, don’t worry, there is no charge, and your other engagements can wait a few minutes. So come, join me around my little campfire, grab yourself some snacks, and just let your imagination free, for I have stories aplenty to tell!

A couple of days ago, an adventurous little nebula eggy sneaked out of Singalana’s cave at night to go exploring for a few hours. It had been doing this for about a week, always venturing a little farther away from its home. This time, however, it found a cave, hidden at the back of a canyon. Being a curious youngster, the nebula strode boldly through the mouth of the cave and, feeling along the walls in the darkness, made its way down a winding tunnel until it reached a large room. There it found a cluster of glowing white bubbles, floating halfway between the floor and the ceiling. The eggy contemplated the bubbles for a moment, then rolled tentatively up to them and touched its shell to the surface of the lowest one. A blinding light filled the room, and then the nebula was alone in the room. Something was different, though: its consciousness had expanded. It could see everything, from the largest dragon sleeping in his cave to the smallest ant working tirelessly through the night, and if it reached out with its mind, it could change things, too. It had accidentally acquired omnipotence, and wasn’t afraid to use it. The nebula spent only a day in that cave before it was discovered and relieved of its powers by a secret group of wizards, but by then the damage had already been done. While these wizards survey the damage and relocate the magical bubble cluster, the nebula is being kept under constant watch in dracocharky’s fortified tower complex.

As it turns out, there are about a dozen eggs which were affected by the nebula’s reign. No connection could be found between the victims, besides the fact that they were all young dragons, so it is believed that the nebula chose a cave at random and then messed with the lives of any eggies living therein until it got bored, at which point it moved on to the next cave.

The first victim was a sweet moonstone from Wolfu-san’s bed and breakfast inn. It had gone to bed that night after a long day working in the kitchens, looking forward to the coming weekend. When next it awoke, the eggy found itself in a dark, dank room furnished with nothing more than a chair and a bed. The room had two doors. As the eggy sat there on the bed, one of the doors opened slightly, revealing a rotting hand. With a small squeal of terror, the moonstone scrambled off the bed and ran for the other door, dashing through it and slamming it shut just as a hoard of zombies surged into the room. Without missing a beat, the eggy ran down the hallway it was now in, until it reached another room. It headed for the door on the far side, but a horrible scrapping noise from beyond it made the moonstone reconsider. Standing in the middle of the room, it looked for a way out, but found none. Now zombies were coming at it from two sides, surrounding it, closing in. Frozen with terror, the eggy watched as one of the figures lurched forward, grabbed it, and sunk its teeth into its prey. Just as the world went black, the moonstone awoke as if from a nightmare. Relief washed over it. Then it looked around and realized it wasn’t at the inn, but had somehow ended up in the home of D Pixie instead. Strange…

The second attack was on chaotine’s chalet, where an ice, a pink, and two nebula eggs were playing under an old willow tree nearby. They’d been at it since dusk, enjoying the freedom that comes with not having a set bedtime, when the pink realized that the willow’s branches had been slowly closing in on them for some time. The four friends ran out from under the tree, and when they looked back, they noticed with horror that the branches had moved again. They were reaching out towards the eggies, ignoring the wind that was blowing in the opposite direction. The ice turned towards the chalet, intending to run for the safety of home, but had a change of heart when it saw a large oak tree that hadn’t been there previously. Soon, they were running as fast as they could away from the danger, but every time they glanced over their shoulders, the trees had moved closer. A few minutes later, the four eggs had split up and were running in different directions, followed by every tree in the area. They ran and ran and ran, forcing themselves to keep going, looking back every once in a while only to see more trees chasing after them. Then, a certain omnipotent eggy got bored, and the four friends became frozen in their tracks. Around them, bark grew up from the ground, circling around them, trapping them, and then splitting to form branches. Now the world has four more trees, trees which don’t obey any of reality’s laws. One is a beautiful pine tree sitting atop a sand dune, part of the property owned by DarkDamsel09, covered in perpetual icicles despite the heat during the day. Another is a cherry tree covered in bright pink blossoms which simply grow back once they fall off, regardless of the season, sitting on a rocky outcrop near the home of dawnlife. The last two are large oak trees with transparent leaves that catch the light from above and refract it into beautiful patterns on the ground, one sitting directly outside the mouth of KoyukiZaku’s cave, the other under the surface of a lake belonging to blackchimera.

After that rather slow chase scene, the godly nebula wanted some more action, so it snatched an autumn eggy out of the caves of Ashura09 and dropped it in the middle of the ocean. The autumn had never swum before in its life, and it struggled to stay afloat in the water. As luck would have it, though, a ship was passing by at that moment. They threw the floundering eggy a line and hauled it on board. As the eggy began to thank the crew, it happened to look up the main mast and notice a tattered black flag fluttering in the wind. This could mean only one thing: pirates! The autumn gulped audibly, and tried to jump back over the ship’s railing into the ocean. One of the pirates caught it, jammed the point of a knife into its side, and succinctly explained how things were going to work: the eggy was to do whatever it was told, or else it would be handed over to the cook, who just happened to know over a hundred different ways to prepare eggs. The eggy, valuing its life, agreed hurriedly, and has been swabbing decks ever since. However, it appears as if the captain’s daughter has taken a liking to the poor slave, and has been helping it hatch a plan to escape the next time the pirates make port. Only time will tell if the plan will work, but if it does the eggy should end up in the company of piggygirl859, an esteemed merchant in those waters.

The next attack was on the caves of Wanderer, where a dark myst pygmy, a horse, and a red egg had just huddled down together to take a nap. All three were just drifting off to sleep when there was a loud RRRIIP. The world around them, with all its cozy furniture and dragons and trees and food, was ripped away, leaving the eggies in a murky swamp. They huddled closer, confused, as the squishy ground began to suck them under. Again, there was a RRRIIP, and they were in freefall far above the surface of the planet. RRRIIP, and they were underwater. RRRIIP, and they were teetering on the side of a cliff. The horse, however, was not on the cliff. Instead, it was next to the cliff, a fact which sent it tumbling towards certain death. Right before it hit, however, it blinked out of existence. At the same time, another RRRIIP brought the remaining pair of eggies to the top of a tree, to the rapids before a waterfall, to a frozen wasteland, and then to a small town in the midst of an earthquake. The tremors bounced the two apart, sending the red skittering down a side street while the pygmy went careening into the side of a collapsing building. A pile of rubble toppled down from above, dooming the pygmy, but it disappeared just as the deadly debris landed. The red, meanwhile, heard another RRRIIP. All alone now, it cycled through a pit with a hungry lion in it, a burning forest, and the midst of a firing range, until it landed next to a carnivorous flower. The plant lunged, and would have devoured the terrified red had it not suddenly vanished. All three eggs appeared with a slight pop in the center of random caves, each feeling dazed and a bit nauseous. The horse ended up with Drking, the pygmy with brairtrainer, and the red with SaphiraSapphire.

The last two attacks were similar, and may even have happened simultaneously. The first was on a pygmy, living with a highly superstitious group of dragons in the caves of eevee_em. Overnight, it grew to nearly five times its original size, sending its superstitious friends into a frenzy. They immediately began a search for the culprit, blaming everything from witchcraft to the refrigerator no one had cleaned out in months, while at the same time conducting various rituals to ward off bad luck. Meanwhile, the “pygmy” had some more immediate problems to deal with, for it no longer fit into many of its secret hideouts, not to mention the fact that its popularity among other small eggs decreased exponentially while the slow dumb dinos became far more accepting. After a couple of days, the “pygmy” had found a new hideout and worked out some of its social problems, but the superstitious dragons couldn’t make heads or tails of the situation. In the confusion, someone accused the eggy itself of witchcraft. One thing led to another, and soon the “pygmy” was running from an angry pitchfork-wielding mob. It ended up hiding in a sort of burrow it found behind some bushes, which turned out to be the home of several dragons belonging to sparkle10184. Hoping for a chance to start over with its life, the “pygmy” has agreed to meet with this sparkle character, but for now, it’s still hiding from the torch bearers.

Finally, the last attack before the wizards ended this madness was on a sweet pair of eggies from the apple orchards of Ice_SW, namely a turpentine and a swallowtail. Instead of growing, these two victims shrank to the size of mice in a matter of hours. At first, this was a blessing more than a curse; there were so many new things to explore and do! The two friends ran around in a state of bliss, playing hide and seek and sneaking around the house like ninjas. At dusk that day, they were playing tag among the roots of an apple tree when they suddenly found themselves surrounded by an army of tiny people. Their skin was slightly translucent, tinted a greenish blue, and two sets of wings sprouted from their backs. At first, they seemed friendly, for their smiled and giggled and looked like they wanted to play. The two eggies followed the enthusiastic sprites eagerly, joining in their games, and when the funny little people skittered up the apple tree, the eggies were right behind them. Up in the branches, they all balanced next to the broad leaves, and when the wind blew the sprites would jump onto the leaves and ride them to the ground. The eggies tried it, too, and with a little practice they were gliding just like all the others. Blindly they followed their new friends up tree after tree, always gliding a little farther away. In this manner, the insidious leaf riders separated the friends and led them out of the orchard. Then, just as the moon rose, all the little sprites disappeared, leaving the tiny eggs alone in the wilderness feeling like the delicious midnight snacks they were. Miraculously, and by being as still as possible, the eggies survived the night, and the following day they were found by kind strangers. The turpentine is now exploring the mouse holes in the home of cittcatt, while the swallowtail is nibbling on rin52’s cheese.

That concluded the mischief of the nebula, but that is not the end of the story, for those while bubbles are still out there somewhere, and it's impossible to know who the next one to discover them will be. We can only hope they're either ignorant or benevolent, for much harm could be done in one day. That's all for tonight, though! Feel free to tip the hat on the way out, and be sure to come back soon.

Edited by Stealthypugs

Wonderful stories, poor little eggies though!

PM'ed my winners ^^

*edit*

2 were picked up ^^

1 message read and no response after 48 hours, egg was re-gifted to another user

Edited by Wanderer

Sorry didn't add a donation but I didn't realize we had started again biggrin.gif

Will try to get something good for the 14th

Nice story :-)

PMed my winners

Edit:

3 eggs picked up.

winner of the pink eggy didn't respond. Will hatch it and wait until tomorrow, then I keep it

Edited by chaotine

Woo boy it's been a while.

Add me to the list please.

I keep room on my scroll constantly now so i'll play again.

People, people! Listen to me! Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and then a couple of weeks later November is over, and then suddenly school’s out for winter break, and then it’s Christmas and you’re all out of time to shop for presents! But wait! Don’t panic! I have the solution to all your problems: just do your shopping now! And what better place to do so than right here at the Eggy Emporium? Come on, get in here, before you freeze to death in that cold evening air!

Over here, we have a fantastic collection of children’s toys, perfect for any youngsters you have about the house, or for new nieces and nephews and the like. Of course, we carry all the classics, including a large variety of rattles, pillow-down blankets, cars, and jumbo puzzles made from the scales of pebble dragons. If you really want to delight the child, though, you may want to consider investing in one of our unique jack-in-the-box toys, such as this autumn themed one made by the freadom7 Corporation! Not only is the spring mechanism relatively gentle, but the ‘jack’ is a fully automated autumn seasonal hatchie, which is far less creepy than the common jester or clown! Plus, for a limited time only, we’re including a set of fully charged TurpGizzard batteries! These are selling like crazy, so you better get yours today, especially since the second to last one was just bought by Phoenix Bird!

Or are you shopping for someone slightly older? A grandmother or fine young lady, perhaps? Or that crazy aunt who will never forgive you if you forget to buy her something? Have no fear, our jewelry selection will meet all your needs! Right around this time of year, we stock up on some of the finest pieces in all the land, including rare necklaces and earings made from the carefully selected scales of certain dragons, including the elusive silvers and golds. We even just got a shipment of rings mounted with tiny scales from holiday dragons, which are notoriously difficult to obtain. If you’re looking for something a little less pricey, though, why not get an eggy pendant? Take this one, for example: it is, in essence, a white stripe egg, though much smaller and lighter, handmade by the tireless futuregohangurl! Such a bauble is perfect for stringing on to your necklace of choice, and the manufacturer guarantees that it has a chance of hatching into a tiny little dragon, that will be perfectly happy to life on a chain! What more can you ask for? Quick, before White_Knight buys two instead of just one!

Of course, not everyone is a child or a woman in search of jewelry. Never fear, though, for we have something for everyone! In fact, if you want to be lazy and buy in bulk, we have one product that is perfect for absolutely everybody: the huggable, squishable, SnugglEggy™! Each SnugglEggy is actually a real, living, dragon egg, put through a process invented by the one and only seacatsmew! Each eggy that goes through this process grows a little, becomes covered in a super soft, super fuzzy fur, and ends up as squishy as your favorite stuffed animal! Not to mention that each SnugglEggy is also a telepathically activated heater, which can be warmed up to keep you nice and warm at night, or cooled down when it’s exceptionally hot out. Don’t believe me? Just take a look at all these positive reviews: skittleluvr “simply loves” their new seawyrm pygmy SnugglEggy, evilnixie16 “couldn’t live without” their extra-velvety pillow SnugglEggy, and CheshireFox and sanderj “can’t wait to see [their] friend’s faces” when they open their magi SnugglEggies (which smell like oranges as a bonus)! Go on! Take one, take two, take ten! They are on sale, after all!

Wait, where are you going? I haven't even showed you the-- Really? You’re leaving us so soon? Well, come back again as quick as you can, or all the goodies will be gone! Ta ta!

Edited by Stealthypugs

Fun story Stealthy!

You jogged my memory... please add me to the list biggrin.gif

Those are amazing stories, Stealthy!

PMed all of my winners!

Edited by seacatsmew

Please add me!

The stories are awesome, I've been lurking for a little bit smile.gif

Sadly no one replied or took the autumn hatchie, if someone wants to adopt her, just pm me. she grows up in 5 hours. Please dont freeze her D:

Edit: Taken, thanks biggrin.gif

Edited by freadom7

I won 11/10/12 and I believe I qualify for this round, but correct me if I am wrong:

I WOULD LIKE TO BE RE-ADDED TO THE LIST PLEASE!!

I would certainly love to join! I am a writer myself so I love to see another writer develop as you have!

Wow, I completely forgot about this.

And now it seems that I managed to win as well. My luck is as random as it ever is, now if it would work like this when I summon...

Adding people!

I know I said there would be a giveaway this weekend, so I'll have one up in about an hour. Sit tight people!