Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

PMed my winners ^^

nice stories, I'd wish I could afford a vacation :-/

maybe next year...

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners!!

Missed your stories so it was wonderful to read yet another Stealthy! biggrin.gif

Thank you very much for the eggy and the story, Stealthypugs and chaotine. smile.gif

Congrats winners!

I might donate to the next one if I can find something good.

Edited by Engiype

Eggy Hatchie successfully transferred! smile.gif

Reminder! Donator Written Giveaway tomorrow today! Don't forget to get a story written and sent in! happy.gif

EDIT: I'm waiting on one more story, though if it doesn't show up by 6:15 I'll go ahead and put the drawing up.

Edited by Stealthypugs

Come one, come all, and welcome to the library of dreams and curious happenstances! Though not the largest library in the world, we do pride ourselves in being perhaps the most diverse and interesting. Each book on our shelves documents a dream, nightmare, vision, or hallucination, and more volumes are being written on a daily basis. In addition to the books that write themselves, we accept donations of private works, especially if they tell of a dream we don’t already have a book on, or if they’re simply a better read. Following are some of the stories that we’ve collected over the years, only one of which is written by a certain Stealthy.

One warm summer day a little Daydream eggy decided to take a short walk and struck out from Wanderer's cave. After a while it came upon a small hole in the side of a hill and decided to investigate. Crawling for a bit, it discovered the tunnel sloped up and the little eggy popped out in the middle of a lush field where it spotted a cat. Upon seeing the eggy, the cat sauntered over and asked if it had gotten lost on the way to tea. Unsure what to say, the eggy merely blinked, which caused the cat to explain that the caterpillar who ran the forest had tea to celebrate the talents of a singing mouse every afternoon, and everyone was strongly invited to attend. Still bewildered, the eggy politely declined and the cat declared that was a delightfully mad idea before fading away, until just a bright toothy smile was left. Thoroughly spooked the eggy turned away and saw a giant hedge, and promptly wiggled under it. On the other side it was horrified to discover it had wandered into a lively croquet game in which no one seemed to be paying much attention to anything, right next to a ball! Bracing itself for impact, it's world was suddenly shaken abruptly and it opened it's eyes to see it was under a tree in the orchard by it's home, having apparently dozed off when it paused for a rest, surrounded by concerned eggies from Caelael's cave and decided to return home with it's rescuers.

The dreams here collected are not just from dragonkind, for the books also record what humans see when they sleep.

Dark and stormy was the night, a great cloud was drawing nigh to the Castle of Pinch of StarDust. The sky darkened to the deepest black enveloping the land and tiny Starry was safely tucked snuggly in her bed, dreaming. Outside the lightning jousted with the roiling clouds…’twas quite a night for dragon and human. A great gold dragon came to Starry’s dream offering words of wisdom, “seek and ye shall find, find but do not covet, it isn’t yours to keep.” Starry smiled. In the morning, the storm had abated leaving the air fresh and clean. Starry well rested looked beneath her bed and much to her surprise resting on a red velvet pillow was a shiny new gold egg. Carefully Starry pulled out the pillow and gazed at her reflection in the beautiful egg…… remembering the words of her dream she hand penned a note and attached it to the egg. Calling for a court courier she handed the precious egg with note telling him to make haste and leave it at the door of Wanderer with her blessing.

Late one night, Lagie was tossing and turning in her sleep. She'd been reading about a young man learning to juggle and so, in her dreams, she found herself juggling. She walked carefully through the cave, selected three eggs, and began. The three eggs, a pink, a magi, and a turpentine, weren't sure this was a good idea, but this was only a dream so they really didn't have much to say. Lagie tossed one egg up, then another, then somehow managed to successfully toss up the third and soon was juggling all three. "Wish I could do this when I'm awake," thought Lagie in the dream. A noise startled her and her hand slipped. All three eggs began to fall... and Lagie woke up, abruptly. Oddly, she found herself at the mouth of the cave, and there was no sign of the three eggs she knew had been there when she went to sleep. The eggies themselves later told the stories of how they'd first been juggled, kind of, and then abruptly flung, the pink landing Dharak, the magi Pinch of StarDust, and the turpentine cheese456.

Oh look! This book has a second volume to it! When Lagie went back to bed that night, as much as she may have hoped for a nice, restful, dreamless sleep, she was whisked back to neverland.

She found herself in a strange dream indeed. It was a horrible sight to behold. The land was ruled by Turpentines, and they kept the city a strict, military community. At the center of everything was a PINK EGGY from the cave of ENGIYPE. Everything seemed normal until (s)he was abducted by a rogue band of ninja pygmies. They told him/her the truth about the city. The military rule was harsh, but it kept order, and nothing seemed wrong. The pygmies corrected this false belief, informing him/her that the pink eggy was in fact running a black market of tinsel eggs and supporting organized crime. They thought of a plan to remove the eggy from the throne, snuck into the palace, and placed an ember eggy inside its favorite chair. The egg warmed the chair on the inside so much that when the pink eggy sat on it, the chair exploded, sending it flying all the way to Sara3502.

These have all been fairly pleasant dreams. Not everyone is quite that lucky, though, as an unfortunate trio from chaotine’s lair discovered recently. The eggies, a sun, a split, and a skywing, experienced an interesting phenomena known as shared dreaming, though if there was a verb form of ‘nightmare’ one could form a more appropriate name for this particular case. The three friends started out in a surreal meadow bathed in golden light, where everything was peachy and filled with rainbows and delicious snacks like ponies and bunnies. However, in the distance there loomed a dark presence, the mouth of a cave. No one wanted to go near it, yet it drew them in, and soon they were standing directly inside the gaping maw of a great cavern. Two more steps and the warped dream world had carried them into the belly of the beast. There were scratching sounds, sniffing sounds. Something poked the skywing. The split complained that something had tasted it, and that their tongue had been rather bumpy. Confused and possessing a gut-feeling that they were about to be eaten, the eggies tried to retreat, only to bump into what felt like the bulging belly of another monster. They tried again, with roughly the same result. After what felt like eons of torture, the eggies tried another retreat. This time, they tumbled off a cliff and… impact with the floor jolted them to wakefulness, and the eggies blinked up at the beds from which they had fallen with bleary eyes. Then they looked around, searching for the comforting warmth of their companions, only to find themselves alone and surrounded by strange dragons. Somehow, they’d been moved while they slept, and were now in different caves. The sun is with lucky333123, the split with Engiype, and the skywing with JeanClaude.

Looks like we have time for one more; how about another nightmare, eh?

This next egg came from a stormy island that only exists in age-old legends. A ghoulish dragon was said to live in the deep trenches that split the island into two parts. A giant one, twice the size of a mighty Thunder dragon, with tattered wings and a noxious breath that pulled the souls from unknowing dragons. It was feared by all, but none moreso than a timid little thunder egg. On a dark, stormy night the island had grown accustomed too, the egg was laid down in the nest to sleep. The egg fell asleep as its caring parents started a nightly patrol to watch for the wretched terror of the island. It started to dream, but not the pleasant sugar filled dreams most eggs would get. All that could be said of the nightmare was that its dear parents ran into the monster one too many times and never came back. The egg woke with a start, nearly rolling out of the nest.

‘All these dark dreams gotta mean something.’ The egg told itself as it tried to ease its panic. ‘Like my mommy and daddy are gonna get eaten!’ Resolving it was too dangerous here without its parents (having believed its nightmare would become reality very soon), it journeyed off of the island and found itself in the care of ticonderoga2.

Of course, there are plenty more where that came from, and even some more extensive accounts of ones you’ve just read. Don’t forget to thank the authors on the way out! Please, come again to grab a book and sit down in a comfy chair, perhaps with some coffee or a hot cup of coco. Good bye for now, my friends, and have a lovely summer!

Nicely done, everyone! smile.gif

Two dreams for me? Busy night! ohmy.gif

Winners have been PM'd! smile.gif

Edited by Lagie

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners!

Loved the donor written stories!!!! biggrin.gif

PM'd my winner with the teleport link claimed and on winner's scroll biggrin.gif

and

PM'd Lagie that I can't wait to get the little eggy biggrin.gif

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

PM'd Lagie that I can't wait to get the little eggy biggrin.gif

Teleport link sent, Starry! biggrin.gif

Teleport link sent, Starry! biggrin.gif

Beautiful little Magi is now safely nestled among the eggs on my scroll.

Thanks Lagie biggrin.gif

May I please be added to the list? biggrin.gif

*edit* OH WAIT. It already ended for today. But the next time I guess. smile.gif

Edited by Lucyness

May I please be added to the list? biggrin.gif

*edit* OH WAIT. It already ended for today. But the next time I guess. smile.gif

You can be added whenever. The list just sort of sits there to be used whenever needed, and isn't cleared after each drawing, so you're good. wink.gif

Hah, one number away from 42 now! biggrin.gif Maybe this'll be my lucky week!

Pink eggy successfully teleported to Dharak! smile.gif

No word as yet from my third winner.

Could i join? smile.gif Bit confuzzled with it. But i like gifting and ill probs get used to it biggrin.gif