Ethril Dragon

Lineage Project Creation Guide

I have an idea for my lineage/family, but am curious. Can you add in new CB and abandoned dragons that are not the starting pair?

I have an idea for my lineage/family, but am curious. Can you add in new CB and abandoned dragons that are not the starting pair?

Sure, why not? First, it would be your family idea, so you can allow any dragons you like. Second, if you allowed only one starting pair, you'd get inbred dragons wink.gif which most people prefer to avoid.

Samples for lineages with only one starting pair: https://dragcave.net/lineage/jMfd (even gen checker) or https://dragcave.net/lineage/bueLh (wave)

Ah. Thank you for posting this. I want to create 2 lineages, and this was just what I needed. But, how do I make those signature images that link to the lineage forum page?

Edited by Warrior_Dragon2015

But, how do I make those signature images that link to the lineage forum page?

Well, once you made the thread, you have its address in the address bar of your browser - that's the URL you need to link to.

Images can be created using plenty of tools, e.g. GIMP, MS Paint, pixlr.com and then saved to your computer as an image file, then uploaded somewhere.

For further signature coding (including info on where to upload such an image): https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=6672236

There may be a more detailed thread somewhere for creating such a signature (including tips for art) but I'm too sleepy to think of search terms to find it xd.png

Before posting a lineage project should we pm it to a mod first and if so which mod? 

5 hours ago, Rekha said:

Before posting a lineage project should we pm it to a mod first and if so which mod? 

No, that isn't necessary. If you did have something that you wanted to clear with a mod, I believe it would be Earth Gurl or purpledragonclaw, as they are Site Discussion mods. List of mods can be found here.

Am I allowed to make a lineage based on a show or song? Use names/lyrics as names for dragons and the like? 

Here are some lineage templates.

3g Template

Spoiler

image.png.6a8dd7bdb1dd948d02217e37ea331ae0.png

4g Template

Spoiler

image.png.0d462f08966afd4670eccf3d1f8ceb88.png

Edited by lovecats99

This guide is helpful, thanks.

Not a major project, but I plan to have a four seasons lineage- starting with the seasonal winters, second generation springs, 3g summers, and 4g autumn dragons. On a related note, if anybody has 2g seasonal springs with CB (or market, idc) winter-type parents (if seasonals won't breed with each other it might be winter x ice, or winter x boreal, or something like that), I'd be happy to do a blood swap later when I have some (I did get antsy and buy one from the market two days before spring began, the other three I have are CBs that were gifted.)

Edited by bord