Ethril Dragon

Lineage Project Creation Guide

Thank you for the guide, how do you get more people into your lineage project, I have two right now and one has two members, the other one has none

Some people add little signature gifts to interest people. You could also start a contest to get people to join I suppose. It's hard to get projects going unless there are lots of people interested or dragons not in previous lineages are used.

Good luck

If I want to create a personal lineage, but want to leave the option open of letting others get involved at some point in the distant future, am I required to create a thread about it as soon as my dragons start breeding?

Or can I wait until I decide to change it to a group lineage project (if I ever do)?

I can see how it could be important to let others know about lineage projects so that there aren't too many similar ones, but since I'm starting this as a personal lineage, does it matter?

If I want to create a personal lineage, but want to leave the option open of letting others get involved at some point in the distant future, am I required to create a thread about it as soon as my dragons start breeding?

Or can I wait until I decide to change it to a group lineage project (if I ever do)?

I can see how it could be important to let others know about lineage projects so that there aren't too many similar ones, but since I'm starting this as a personal lineage, does it matter?

If you're starting a personal lineage, it can be whatever you like.

If you intend to make it a group lineage, you should follow the guide for group lineages een though it's starting as a personal lineage.

Thank You so much! I've been wanting to start a lineage and this will help so much. Now excuse me while i try my hand at making lineage banners. *smiles weakly* unsure.gif

I want to make a lineage with red, green, and white dragons. I have almost no idea how to start. Any help?

I want to start a "Mexican" lineage. Does your lineage have to start with your own eggs? Or can it start with a member's?

I want to start a "Mexican" lineage. Does your lineage have to start with your own eggs? Or can it start with a member's?

A lineage does not have to start with your eggs. It can start with whatever eggs/hatchlings/dragons that you choose. As long as it meets the requirements you set, you can have any starter dragon.

For example: The Pern lineage happens to have several starter dragons depending on which "weyr" you are a member of.

I came up with this awesome idea for a lineage project but I don't even have the dragons I need to start it. It will be hard for me to wait for the dragons I need. sad.gif

I came up with this awesome idea for a lineage project but I don't even have the dragons I need to start it. It will be hard for me to wait for the dragons I need. sad.gif

That problem does come up. One way to get around it is to post the lineage idea and request to people who like to the idea to help you get the dragons. There are some great people out there that help out when and where they can

I was thinking about starting a lineage using dragons by grouping them into 13 different element catagories (though not including every single dragon), while also including roman numerals in the name per generation. Would that in any way infringe on the Fifth Element lineage? (by the way, I want to call the lineage Order of the XIII)

You would have to be very specific about the dragons used, in what order, and for what reason. If for any reason you think it's infringing, just contact those in charge of the fifth element to see if there is a way you can make your project original.

You can also add little things like name requirements and who gets what dragon to help make the project individual.

i am fairly new, and....what is a wipe?  unsure.gif  huh.gif

A wipe is when a moderator goes into a thread and deletes all the posts except for the first post in the topic. Thus wiping the thread clean. If you watch the Trading thread in the site discussion board, you will notice it often goes from around 40 to 50 pages, down to 20. That is a wipe.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

Thanks for the guide! biggrin.gif

I have been thinking about making a project and was thinking, "too bad they dont have a guide" and poof! I found this! biggrin.gif

Thanks again its a great guide!

Thanks for the guide! biggrin.gif

I have been thinking about making a project and was thinking, "too bad they dont have a guide" and poof! I found this! biggrin.gif

Thanks again its a great guide!

I'm glad you find it useful!

I have a little question... if I start a lineage with a concept similar to TJ's one (dragon names modified and "translated" in a fictional language), would it be acceptable? Or am I going to be pelted with moldy cheese? ._.

Edited by PinkyHedgehog

I have a little question... if I start a lineage with a concept similar to TJ's one (dragon names modified and "translated" in a fictional language), would it be acceptable? Or am I going to be pelted with moldy cheese? ._.

I'm pretty sure that it would be fine as long as you make a few changes, such as a different surname or something.

I'm pretty sure that it would be fine as long as you make a few changes, such as a different surname or something.

Sure! Now I can start my little personal proyect <3

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*user posted image*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Helpful Links

A topic posted by iarsma about topic guidelines for the Breeding forum.

Section Guidelines, also for questions and suggestions.

A post from Z explaining the rules about creating a post/topic

When making a Topic., Titles

A post from Koriat Cyredanthem listing many of the lineage projects, breeding groups, special breeding days, and much more.

Index of Lineages & Breeding Projects

A post from Flame Rising that lists many of the organizations and helpful topics/links around Dragon Cave.

GLO: General Listing of Organizations

A useful site where you can design banners using pre-made backgrounds and such.

Userbars.com

JadeDestiny has a great lineage tracker that can show you your dragon and it's lineage.

here

This is a great wiki to use when you want to create your own dragon pages and profiles. You can also use it to track your dragons. Down side is that you have to code the pages yourself.

Dragon Trees

Ok so im new...i bred my 1st dragons and someone with a huge scroll of breeding dragons claimed & killed it within moments...so i come here to see if i can find out why and i click this thread about breeding lineages...most of the useful links in this post is broken...very helpful indeed

Edited by Immorta

Thank you for pointing out that 3 of the links were broken. I will be fixing them. 1 of them I'll be removing all together since this project was created before we could view the lineages of our dragons.

But next time, please report broken links without the sarcasm. I tend to have other things that I do on dragcave that take precedence over this thread.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

Thanks so much!!! This has helped alot.png. smile.gif

EDIT: wats with da animal??

Edited by MeRox

To above: That's an "alot"!

Thank you! This guide is very helpful! I'm sure it was hard work!