Malygos

The Datamonster!

Could somebody please tell me when this Datamonster attacked? I'm a bit confused about this... sad.gif

On July 20th, the site crashed. Some data was corrupted and a lot of people lost dragons off of their scrolls. We refer to the crash as the Datamonster, that eated our dragons.

TJ (because he is awesome) was later able to restore most of the lost dragons. biggrin.gif

Edited by nonnymouse

Datamonster won't attack again... right?

I hope not! but since this is the internet and all computer-based, you never know when something crazy could happen.

My dragons were lucky enough to survive the datamonster, but i don't wanna test that luck with another one.

Besides, if it comes back, TJ's so smart and awesome he could stop it with his bare hands! *All hail the mighty TJ!* tongue.gif

TJ probably does a backup every day or so... maybe once a week. So some may be lost, but most will be recovered if the Datamonster comes again.

Hopefully the Datamonster will never strike again, but if it does I hope my dragons know to lock their doors! laugh.gif

I think I like the sketch by Ahkalia best, although the sketch and sprite by Umbre seem to be the most commonly-used. If they were ever released, maybe one could be the regular and one could be an Alt? I know, not exactly likely, but I can hope! rolleyes.gif

The Datamonster was when dragons with certain codes taken on certain days vanished, right? I think July 20 sounds about right. I remember my first and only geode poofed for a while, then TJ got it back. That was the only dragon of mine affected. Would I get the "survived the Datamonster" banner, then?

Edited by Dawnwing

The Datamonster was when dragons with certain codes taken on certain days vanished, right? I think July 20 sounds about right. I remember my first and only geode poofed for a while, then TJ got it back. That was the only dragon of mine affected. Would I get the "survived the Datamonster" banner, then?

You would get them if you survived. You got lucky. I lost more than 1 but TJ got them all back.

I remember the Datamonster. I lost a few dragons, I think 5 (Adurae, Thynne, Vermel, Mercurino and Aurlia) to be exact. Nothing really rare or special (except maybe Adurae), but I still was not a happy camper, as the rest of us were.

Well, I do hope it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Disgrace

I checked my collection a while back, and everyone's still here, which is good. biggrin.gif Worked too hard for the clan to lose some members.

hey, question:was there a lineage started of datamonster survivors floating around somewhere? b/c i have a survivor, and I wanted to see if she could qualify for the lineage. could someone send me the link? thanks.

Edited by linka1

I'm soooo glad I wasn't on Dragon Cave when the Datamonster was about!

But who knows? Maybe a bigger threat will rise like...Mothermonster! (the what?) The Mothermonster!! Yeah, it sounds weird and confusing but trust me, if you knew it would make sense!

man, i remember when it happened, I was absolutely baffled as to what happened, and when I realized one of my hatchlings was gone, I was so sad. It's odd, I remember trying to mate its parents to replace it, and they wouldn't do it; maybe they were sad, too. But I got it back though, thankfully :3

The Datamonster took Dark Dorsel and AVGN. They were restored though.