The Mentoring Project

The Mentoring Project

PMing Renesmeee96.

All my other students can be graduated.

PMing Astreid.

Now mentoring Astreid.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Updated to here.

Thanks to all our mentors who are keeping an eye on this thread and picking up new students when they post.

Please let us know when you consider a student graduated. I am not automatically removing them from your list.

~purplehaze

Now mentoring Demonic-Rage (His forum name has been made)

Edited by Enalahs

Quick question for my fellow mentors. One of my current student asked me something which no one ever asked me before and which I had never thoroughly researched for myself either. It's about dragon-sorting. I think the answer is 'no', but I am not totally sure, so I hope for some input from others.

Here is the question

I want to sort my cave mainly be breed, but there are a few dragons I want to keep next to each other that aren't the same breed.  I've tried clicking "automatically sort my dragons by breed", and then doing the Alternate Custom Sort to put these specific dragons by each other again. Problem is, when I get new hatchlings I want to reorganize the cave, so I click "sort by breed" again...and then I need to manually put the other dragons next to each other once again. It's easy enough now, but I can see it being really tedious when I have more dragons. Is there any way to "lock" these specific dragons into place, so that they don't get affected by the automatic sort?

I had the same problem Laura and failed to find a solution sad.gif sorry.

You might throw that question out in the Help thread, but as far as I know there is no way to do that.

Thanks for letting us know. Are you actively mentoring anyone right now?

Hi I'm back from my travels. All my students have graduated, sorry not to let you know before I went purplehaze.

Quick question for my fellow mentors. One of my current student asked me something which no one ever asked me before and which I had never thoroughly researched for myself either. It's about dragon-sorting. I think the answer is 'no', but I am not totally sure, so I hope for some input from others.

Here is the question

My suggestion would be to just drag and drop the hatchlings - less sorting than having to fix the special dragons each time.

Probably the other suggestion you'll see if you ask in help is to use legacy custom sort and give each breed group numbers (leaving gaps for new breeds that come in - so like 10, 10, 10, 10 then 50, 50, 50, 50, then give the special dragons 11, 51, etc.), so you can just number the new hatchlings and new dragons that come in.

Either way, yeah, it's gonna be a lot of work to keep up on. D:

I need a mentor soon! I am REALLY confused here, and I need a English speaking mentor plz!

smile.gif

Hello, I'd like a mentor biggrin.gif I've already figured out the general stealing/hatching/raising dragons information, but I still don't really understand what a 'scroll' is. I would also like help with forum posting because I haven't used this kind of site yet. I live in the GMT -6 time zone and am online most of the day on weekends and in the afternoons on weekdays. Thank you!

Due to personal reasons, my student Demonic-Rage has left DC. I ask that he is removed from my student list.

Thanks Sock, contacting nipo

No reply to my message to rdrr

Now mentoring Falling_Silence

No reply to my message to nipo

Edited by nooey

Thanks Rubyshoes, contacting Loralie now.

Edited by nooey