ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

A fever had gripped the usually so calm Cloud City, Capital of the Nephelai lands. Election time was near. Beatrice pitied King Jalandar who had ruled wisely (in Beatrice's opinion) for nearly one hundred years. Unfortunatly he was the king under which regime the Metal World key had been stolen too.

And Cloud World was next to Metal World. Not the best legacy to leave.

They needed a strong cloud king or queen as their next ruler. Someone decisive, rooted firmly in reality who could lead them to war.

Unfortunatly people like those were exceedingly rare on Cloud World.

And such dragons were even rarer, Beatrice thought uncharitable, being forced to search for her useless dragon Snowpearl once again.

Quite predictable she found her in a clouster of daydream dragons, drawing pictures into the clouds with her tail.

"If you are not here in five Minutes I'll ask Opalescent Princess to bite you!" Beatrice shouted angrily. Opalescent Princess was her old Companion and unlike the white healer dragons like Snowpearl or the gentle Daydreams, a stripe like Princess could get agressive if it was necessary.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((If the Nephalai capital is Cloud City, I'm going to be loling through the whole RP...laugh.gif))

Kay decided to ignore the birds for now; it was too tedious to keep chasing Liadain down everytime he soared after one. She had to keep going through the worlds, after she'd heard whispers that the Metal Weavers were moving to attack. She couldn't be in her own world when that happened: she had plans of her own.

The wildlife, aside from the birds, was remarkably quiet, as though it didn't exist. Kay spotted the occassional fish gleaming silver below the gentle waves, but it didn't appear to care for her presence.

Looking out to sea - she was still uncomfortable with the light reflecting off the water, and had to shield her eyes - she spotted a trio of white sandbars, devoid of those pesky tropical trees that she kept tripping over. How she managed to trip over every single tree she'd passed, even though they weren't even in her path, was anybody's guess. She could only scoff at the thought that these people depended so much on what could so easily deceive them.

Gathering her resolve, and her determination to undermine the Metal Weaver's attack before it began, she dived into the water and began to slowly, deliberately, swim out to sea.

(( Hey... Isn't one of the keys kept by the metal-weaver-people kept by a cloud world person? Can Ruu have a cloud key? ))

Ruu perched by the edge of a cloud, watching the fishers-or birders- catch their flock of seagulls to sell at the market. Many of the birder's had old, tired wings that had often had to catch them from falling when massive birds of the sky tried to attack.

The girl looked over her shoulder and sighed. It was like.... The most ironic curse. No wings, but marks shaped like them were placed evenly on her shoulder blades.

A group of school children walked behind her, but then moved away, whispering behind their white fluffy feathers.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Maybe she's sick?"

"Keep away from that girl, she's weird."

The girl blinked back hurt tears, making so many different kinds of wishes as she looked up towards one of Cloud World's twin suns.

((Do you plan on posting a response Chocolate?))

Edited by Lore_Master

((Sorry Lore...

Sparkeycat, no, they took it back, and I give people keys if they deserve it.))

Myf chuckled, "That's completely opposite to me. I study hard.. but never seem to do many things right... except swim I suppose. I learn more about the other worlds than my own, like I've always wanted to go to the Cloud world, with all their water..." She grinned and then looked at the necklace in her palm. Atlas squeaked, "This is fun." He then went back to quietly snoring. "But, in a sense, I love doing things. That is better than studying any day!"

((I thought I read the Metall Worlders stole back their key from the Cloud Worlders on the first page? ))

After she had delivered her message Isabella thought to herself that she'd have been faster if she had flown herself instead of riding her Dragon, but Snowpearl really needed to learn some responsibility. No one trusted her as a healer and Isabella could hardly blame people for that.

In the ten minutes it had taken Isabella to deliver the message and exchange the necessary chat with the receiver Snowpearl had managed to vanish on her again.

Disgusted she walked through the city, looking for her featherbrained dragon.

When she came across a girl looking fervently up into the sky with tears in her eyes, she stopped. Isabella doubted she had talent with children but seeing the sad looking little girl broke something in her heart.

She kneeled beside her and asked in a gentle voice: "What is wrong, little princess?"

((Okay I know she is 15 not 5 years old but keep in mind that Beatrice is more than 10 times her age and really has no experience with children. For her Ruu is a little girl))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Ah, ok ><))

Little... Princess...?

Ruu turned to see who'd spoken to her, then wished she hadn't. A woman with blonde hair and elegant wings stood behind her. She looked like someone from a much higher class than Ruu.

The girl wiped her eyes with the back of her hand to make sure her face was clear, then stood up, wondering if she should bow or curtsey.

"What is wrong?" She repeated quietly, watching her feet; not because she was shy, but because she was near the edge of a cloud and didn't want to fall. After all, she couldn't fly. Had the woman not seen her lack of wings? In case she hadn't, Ruu gestured vaguely to her back.

Edited by Sparkeycat

Beatrice got up and examined the girls back. "Oh those are so pretty!" She said once she found the marks on Ryuu's shoulders. "But not much use for flying, hm?" She looked around for the girls dragon companion, but it dawned on her that the girl must be lower caste, most of those did not have dragon companions on their own. Dragons were not as picky about caste, but it helped if one had entiere clans of them on the family grounds like Beatrice had. The girl probably had not even met an unbound dragon yet. "And that bird does not look strong enough to carry you either. So what to do?" She wiped the tears from Ryuu's cheek gently. "You know that reminds me of the fact that I happen to have a remarkeably useless white dragon. Her name is Snowpearl and her head is always filled with clouds and dreams not a single lick of sense in there.

But to be honest, why should she bother? Snowpearl knows there are enough white dragons living with my family to take care of everyone. I do guess she's feeling rather useless on occasion. Thats why I made her my dragon you know? But unfortunatly..." She gently moved her wings. "I can fly on my own. Not a situation tailor made to help Snowpearl learn responsibility. If you'd help me out training her, I'd be indebted."

((lol. Isn't that what I said? It says Ikaris Enevok has the metall key.

Edit: Hm I tried to find the posts about him, but the only post of Kei I found is asking if frozen hatchlings are counting. Am I blind, are we short an evil overlord or is Kei planning to introduce Ikaris only when matters have progressed a bit?))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu took a step away from the woman, feeling somehow hurt. These pathetic things were not cute. They were like a curse, an ironic curse...

And what was this about a bird? Ruu was confused then turned as Hitori tweeted behind her. The sparrow flew away skittishly, but the girl felt too tired to chase after her. The sparrow didn't technically belong to her, but Ruu had named it and fed it. Now the bird only flew by when it was hungry.

She pushed her indignant thoughts to the back of her head when the woman mentioned a dragon. The girl had seen some before, but the beasts were never left unnatended.

"So, your Dragon stays away because she feels unneeded?" Ruu mumbled, looking into the sky.

Edited by Sparkeycat

"Well, *stays away* implies more intention and will then she has." Beatrice murmured.

"Its just that Snowpearl is worse then a Daydream Dragon. Always dreaming and drifting about. Which would have been fine just a year ago, but now that the metal world key has been stolen, I am worried about her.

If the Metal Worlders invade and we have to evacuate she'll most likely be left behind cause she couldn't be bothered to find out what was going on, because gazing at the stars was more important to her. I am trying to take care of her but it is really starting to grate on my nerves. She is behaving like an overgrown hatchling not an adult"

Beatrice sighed. "She needs to learn responsibility, but more then that, I think she needs someone who truly needs her and loves her."

Mufasa merely nodded in agreement, he was getting close to Sliverwind, and he needed to concentrate if he wanted the both of them to stay afloat. A few minutes later he could see the floating buildings and land. "I welcome you to Sliverwind, home of the Sliverwind tribe and yours truly." Said Mufasa in a big announcer's voice, Antha merely groaned. Once Mufasa landed in the main center of town, he focused his air abilities so Myf didn't fall.

Jazz finished her breakfast and went out to see if Erin was up yet. Erin heard Jazz coming and stretched saying, Good morning. Jazz replied with a smile, Good morning. Have you eaten yet? Erin nodded and then replied, I have. I ate a few mice that were scattering around here. Jazz nodded and then asked, Want to go flying? Erin got up and stretched saying, Sure. Jazz entered Erin's stable-like building and said aloud to her, "If you're ready let's go." Erin walked out and then knelt down so that Jazz could get on her back. When she was, Erin took off and headed towards the cliff that they always go to.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Mufasa looked up and saw Jazz and Eric, no doubt heading for another flight. He wanted to fly by himself one more time, just to release the stress. But ever since he went though the door into the fire world he had been caught up in events that force him to change, both emotionally and mentally. He was now more serious, more collective...and more mature. He looked back to the elder's tipi and began to walk towards it.

Jazz looked down and saw Mufasa heading towards the elder's tipi. She wondered if he'd been looking up at them before but then shook her head and brought her attention back in front of her. He seems a bit different than when I saw him last. Maybe wherever he went, it changed him? Erin then landed on the cliff they always go to and she slid off of her back and leaned against her flank as she looked out at the city.

"Antha" said Mufasa, he had stopped in his tracks. "I want you to get Jazz and Eric, bring them here. I need to talk to them about matters that'll concern both her and the Air World." Antha, who was on a rock nodded and flew towards Jazz and Eric. She was pleased with Mufasa's emotional and mental growth. But she was a little sad that he had to become an adult at the young age of 13, when he received the key.

((you mean Erin, right not Eric?))

Jazz had fallen asleep against Erin's flank but now woke up to the sound of beating wings coming closer to them. She tiredly wiped away the sleep from her eyes and saw that it was Antha and the beating wings belonged to her. She wondered why she was here without Mufasa.

((Erin, Eric whatever dry.gif

kidding, yes i meant Erin!))

Antha saw Jazz and Erin, she flew for a little while long till she was about seven feet away from them, she landed on another rock and looked at both of them, her eyes were filled with seriousness. "Mufasa Skyler needs to talk to the both of you, it concerns your personal safety and the safety of the Air World." Said Antha, never taking her eyes off the both of them.

((okay; oh and your fb link doesn't work))

Jazz listened to what Antha said after she had perched herself on another rock. When she was done, Jazz stood up and nodded in reply and then got on Erin's back. Erin took off from the cliff and headed towards where Mufasa was. She saw him near the elder's tipi/tent and landed in front of him, Jazz sliding off her back. "You wanted to talk to us Mufasa?" Jazz asked when she was standing on Erin's right side.

((Crud dry.gif ))

Mufasa looked at Jazz and said "Yes, it's concerning your safety and the safety of the Air World, as Antha has no doubt told you." He noticed Antha coming in, so he stretched his arm so Antha could land on it. "There is no easy way to tell you this..." Mufasa eyes began to show signs of worry. "The Metal Weavers are planning on attacking the Air World, as well as every other world." Said Mufasa with hate in his voice.

Jazz nodded at that and replied, "She has." She listened to what he said about the Metal Weavers coming to attack the Air World and she felt anger well up inside of her and her eyes narrowed with it. Erin felt it and put one of her wings around her to try to diminish the anger in her but also felt it. "What should we do?" Jazz asked once she calmed down enough to talk.

Mufasa turned his head to Myf and said "We are going to warn the worlds about this threat, this is Myf, she has information about this threat. And i have taken it as my duty to protect her during this journey." Mufasa then pulled out his longsword and placed it in his left hand. He then showed the burned skin of the left arm and said "But i fear i won't be able to do this alone. So I'm giving you a choice, come with us and give us a hand, or stay here and warn the people of the Air World and prepare."

Jazz nodded in acknowledgment to Myf and then listened to what else he said and replied, "I'll go with you guys because I feel like I need to help you that way. I may not have a key like the two of you do but I can still use my air power to fight if need be."