Lythiaren

New action: Search

Totally awesome idea. And if TJ already has codes that might work... should we keep our fingers crossed? >>

-bump-

I love this idea..

It is possible to do, right? I think it would fit in with a lot of other suggestions if implemented.

I made some little item sprites, but I'll post them on the hoard area cause it'd be what they'd find when searching

we should still connect all the ideas.. searching for things to add to hoards which can include items to let them age, or keep them from aging..then the dragons can have a last stage..

I like the idea of a search features. However, it would depend implementing a hoard feature. If that's something that TJ really wants to add to add, and I mean is really excited about the idea, then we should go for it. Otherwise I doubt the effort involved is worth it.

I think that this sounds like a good idea! Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to implement either!

Edited by MahouBunnyBell

Even if there is no hoard system for individual dragons, it could initially be put in as a "pointless" doodad just for a personal inventory. Searching and saying that your mint brought back an old boot that you toss out because it's trash. Just a fun somethingorother that the uninformed would likely just click for the sake of clicking. :B

Even if there is no hoard system for individual dragons, it could initially be put in as a "pointless" doodad just for a personal inventory. Searching and saying that your mint brought back an old boot that you toss out because it's trash. Just a fun somethingorother that the uninformed would likely just click for the sake of clicking. :B

It still would be fun to see what they would get x3

I can't say that I like the idea of rare eggs or people/creatures being hoarded (because then the dragons have to feed their pets! or eat them... wink.gif ) but otherwise I love this idea.

Fantastic idea!

How about making it so it depends on the dragon on what kind of loot they bring back-the more rare the dragon, the bigger the prize?

This idea deserves lots of pies. biggrin.gif

And no Pixiebite. I don't think the rarer the dragon the better the prize. That just seems unfair. Everyone should have equal chances to get everything.

Rare dragons should be just as good as other dragons at finding things, no more. A user shouldn't be given some kind of special treatment for having the good fortune of getting a rare egg.

You already have a rare. That is reward enough. You don't need improved loot on top of that.

I don't like the idea of rare dragons getting more//bigger stuff

but maybe different breeds have a higher chance of bringing certain things back

Example: Blue dragon brings back seashells, while a dark-green may bring flowers xd.png

so they bring back different stuff/amount not based on their rarity, but upon it's nature

If the covetous dragon is implanted I think that one would bring back the most xd.png

I don't like the idea of rare dragons getting more//bigger stuff

but maybe different breeds have a higher chance of bringing certain things back

Example: Blue dragon brings back seashells, while a dark-green may bring flowers xd.png

so they bring back different stuff/amount not based on their rarity, but upon it's nature

If the covetous dragon is implanted I think that one would bring back the most xd.png

Oh, this is a better idea! They bring back something to do with their natures...It could be quite rare on what the get too...Blue=pearls? As they come from the water?

I love the idea of something for the adults to do. I do see them bringing back different things depending on the nature of the dragon, that just seems to make sense to me. But I think the rare items, what ever they end up being, should be spread out so that each dragon that went out on a search would have some chance of picking up something rare as well as a rhinestone or old boot.

So there could be three sets of items they bring back,

Common items, basically junk like broken objects and boots

Middle rarity, based on their nature like a water dragon bringing shells or pearls

Rare items, rare expensive stuff like gold, maybe other dragon eggs blink.gif

*only reads first page* ;DD

In Final Fantasy 8, there is a little-used feature called Angelo Search where one of the character's pet comes out and digs up an item during a battle when a certain criterion is met. You can slightly alter the outcome by doing a certain action in a certain time span, and I think we can adapt this idea for the searches like so

I) searches will only be conducted after some time of adult inactivity (i.e. your dragon is bored and wants to do something) I'm not sure if breeding alone or if clicks should be involved, but for example, two weeks after your dragon has popped out an egg, she decides to go out for a hunt.

II) there should be a neat graphic, kinda like 'out to lunch' but 'on a hunt' or something like that

III) Your dragon won't get any views or anything during this time (like it's fogged)

IV) You aren't guaranteed to find an item.

V) If you want to bring your dragon back, you can try to attract its attention or call for it. This will have a high success rate. However, if it fails, it might just be because your dragon has found a rare item it is determined to get.

VI) Good items take longer to find. If you call your dragon back (successfully), if you get any item at all it'll be crappy.

and so on.

Edited by rubah

I think... you're misunderstanding. I wasn't suggesting something like Fifth Age, where you send them out to look for stuff and then check up on them 12 hours later to see if they found some stuff. This suggestion is more like click Search, get a success/fail message. Much like breeding. ^^;

-first page bump-

Alright, so items to be found...

Common:

• Old boots

• Cans

• Pebbles

• Etc...

Uncommon:

• .. I don't know..

Rare:

• Ascension Elixir

• Dragon Eggs

-whole purpose of post was to bump it-

well since the item stuff is here..then I'll post my item list and stuff

-----

user posted image

ok... its the potion in the third row...

o.o

the other stuff I'll explain my ideas for.

top row is common junk or stuff you MAY keep..but you can throw out if you want

mushroom,pebble,leaf,stick,flower,old shoe,broken vial, moldy bread,bone, and cloth

then fish, sand, dirt, and a rock ..the fish, and sand would be for the water dragons of course

third row is ascension potion, gems, pearl *water*, deer or carcass, and gold

then the last stuff would be VERY rare...

a scroll in a wax sealed bottle..it would be a random prize.

A fairy in a glass bowl when released would grant you an unfreeze of an egg or hatchling

a golden apple *in mythology it granted immortality* so an extra day on your egg/hatchling

a mermaid *water only* in mythology they granted wishes if released after being caught..so she'd grant a higher percent of fertility

an amulet that granted a 100% chance of resurrection

and a sword that the dragon seemed to fear..it would have 100% chance to kill

one time use for all of those..they'd disappear once used.. and be like UBER rare

all are able to be done... TJ does the deeds all the time anyways

just ideas tho

oh..and thats an old dragon doodle down there >.> poor Wintersea *my first dragon..he's a white*

I like the old dragon thar. xd.png

Yay for miscellaneous items! I can totally see a recently-grown dragon (especially mint!) proudly bringing home sticks and acting like they're so great. Like a dog or something. xd.png

I like the old dragon thar. xd.png

Yay for miscellaneous items! I can totally see a recently-grown dragon (especially mint!) proudly bringing home sticks and acting like they're so great. Like a dog or something. xd.png

But sticks are great! ...aren't they? *twirls stick* wink.gif

xd.png I was more referring to the dragon. ^_~

I do like the idea of a little sign saying 'Out to lunch' for when it's on a hunt, but I wouldn't want it to be gone for more than a few hours at the most. But the drawings for the rewards is very cute. Can't wait to see them sprited, though I'll be pleased with even text for what my dragon finds.