Hiei101

Final Fantasy

You can summon the chocobo you get from the forest into battle as long as you have the right items.

What about the relationships between the characters and their GFs? Are they maxed?

Squall and Cactuar were. xd.png Too many thorns from AP grinding.

Other than that, nope.

The relationships between characters and GFs affect summoning time and damage dealt o3o

The what now?

/never got into chocobos

Choco-buckle is the 4th of the Chocobo summons. The first one is available to everyone - once you finish a single chocobo forest puzzle, you get the ability to buy greens and summon Boko in battle - he casts Choco Fire, a slightly more powerful fire spell than your characters get.

Through the awesomeness that is the PocketStation, you can level up your summon once you hit level 100 with Boko and beat the big, bad wizard in his side story (and, of course, rescue Mog). You have to rescue Boko's girlfriend, and each time you do you earn a powerup to max your summon.

Second is Choco Fira, which is identical to Choco Fire except more powerful.

Choco Meteor features a giant star-shaped meteor that slams into your opponents for massive damage.

Choco Buckle drops Chubby Chocobo on the screen and he squashes your enemies under his massive feathery rump. xd.png

You didn't get Bahamut? D:

I hadn't yet. I wanted too, but me and my gf broke up and she took her playstation back before I could...

Wow. That's actually a good excuse.

But why don't you have a PS of your own?

I had a PS1 for 9 years, but I never had final fantasy because my dad didn't like to play them sad.gif But now I have a PS3 slim, it's just not backwards compatible sad.gif

Edit: The PS1 quit working a few years ago

Edited by Crisis

Well, at least PS2s are still fairly cheap. Can get 'em off eBay for 65 bucks with free shipping. biggrin.gif

PocketStations are cheap, too. You just have to have a memory slot to use 'em. So either an adaptor to go to your PS3, or just plug the darned thing into your PS1/PS2.

Because Boko is teh poop.

OH, and once you rescue Mog in Chocobo World, you get the Mog summon - he dances for gil (x10 of your level... or x100, I don't recall which) and it heals your other GFs throughout the duration of the battle you're in.

There you can also get the Friendship item, which acts like Gyshal Greens - you throw it, and Moogle comes to the rescue, kicking the snot out of your chosen target. Not much damage, but insanely cute.

I recommend a PocketStation (and plenty of batteries for the bugger) be purchased by any true Final Fantasy fan who owns FF8. (also, Chocobo World has the added bonus of being able to run automatically (DON'T DO THIS FOR THE LEVEL 40 MAZE! YOU'LL MISS YOUR CHANCE TO MEET BOKO'S GIRLFRIEND, AND NEVER WILL UPGRADE YOUR CHOCOBO SUMMONS PAST CHOCO FIRA). Running automatically, Chocobo World will gather items for you. Items you can transfer back to Squall in Final Fantasy 8 when you load your game. Items you can refine into whatever you desire).

(hence why all of my characters in my saved game have 255 speed. Naturally. No junctions. And Squall and Irvine have natural 255 strength. And Squall has natural 8000+ hp. And Squall has natural 120 luck. And no character has a single natural skill that rings in at lower than 90. Mwahahahaha. biggrin.gif )

Edit, 'cause I'm a tard: And when PSN comes back online, you can download FF8 for $10. 'cause it's awesome. (pity you can't play Chocobo World with it, though!)

Edited by Wends

If I had to choose my favorites... In order it would be: 7, 8, 9, 10, 10 Part 2, and 12.

I finally decided to beat FF X

I was a little insulted by the Yu Yevon fight. I mean, I had heard about it, but I didn't realize it was going to be that lame.

At least the incredibly metal battle against Jecht Aeon made up for it.

I tried starting XII but I can't get into the battle system so I'm starting VIII (via PS2) instead while playing III on the DS.

I just got Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection for the PSP today and it is AMAAAAAAAAZING! It's got the first game and the prequels all in one and it's set up like the last two that came out for the PSP (old-styled). It's so much better than the DS version laugh.gif worth every penny spent o3o

I wish they could have remade a different FF game though, it seems kind of silly that they just barely remade IV for the DS a few years ago and re-did it for the PSP.

But I suppose they remade I and II for the game boy advance and redid them for PSP.

I'm angry that they skipped III actually =/ I want a PSP version of it! The DS one is fun and all....but just not as satisfying. -sigh- Hopefully there'll be something soon.

Edited by SaruxOtter

I wish they'd make a slightly less difficult version of it, or at least let you buy phoenix downs from the stores.

Nothing is more frustrating in that particular game than going through a dungeon and getting annihilated by a boss because you have no phoenix downs.

I've been doing so much constant leveling that my DS battery is starting to give up on me completely.

True, it's nice in some sense to be horribly killed during the final boss run (I was on the third of the four bosses before you fight cloud of darkness) rather than the mess of Final Fantasy X where you couldn't die at all.

I'm dying to play the last final fantasy, I have the game but my playstation 3 broke. Shame.

I FINALLY got my hands on one of the Final Fantasy games in the series. I've watched my brother play VII and VIII.

FF XIII is pretty good. :3 And I have FF3 on iTouch. :'D

I just got Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection for the PSP today and it is AMAAAAAAAAZING! It's got the first game and the prequels all in one and it's set up like the last two that came out for the PSP (old-styled). It's so much better than the DS version laugh.gif worth every penny spent o3o

Agreed! I've only had it for a day and I'm like halfway done x__x

FFIV is my favorite and I've played every version of it (SNES, PS1, GBA, DS, PSP) and this one is byfar the best. Plus it has Interlude and After Years.

They kept the storyline and feel but the graphics actually looked good (unlike the other redone graphics). Special Effects got an epic redo as well. I think my jaw actually dropped.

Great deal >O

You know, I didn't think the DS version was that great. While I like that they made it more challenging, I think it was TOO challenging. I generally level grind a bit before starting a new area, but when you do that and then level grind for hours more, and still get 2 shot (your party, not a single character) by NORMAL enemies, something is wrong .__.

No elemental weaknesses either. In fact, I had some resistances. It wasn't so much impossible as just irritating to have to keep restarting your game beacuse you didn't expect an overpowered enemy. Plus I found the 3D models poorly done. So the whole 3D part was kind of wasted. Also I didn't feel like the voice acting fit.

Only thing I found cool was Whyt. Partly because you got to kind of level your own summon and draw on his face, and partly because Rydia is my favorite and any upgrade to her is fascinating to me.

I kind of hope they remake FFVI because I've never played it. I've heard really good things about it though.

I kind of hope they remake FFVI because I've never played it. I've heard really good things about it though.

Agreed. As long as it is for the PSP o3o

I'm currently playing FFIV myself. Edge has just joined the party.

Agreed. As long as it is for the PSP o3o

I'm currently playing FFIV myself. Edge has just joined the party.

Speaking of Edge, -points to avatar- ;D

*grabby hands*

Actually no. Edge sucks. He can't steal anything bigger than a potion.

Rosa needs to pray harder too. She keeps being ignored by the powers that be.

*hugs Rydia*

Never leave me again. o3o

*grabby hands*

Actually no. Edge sucks. He can't steal anything bigger than a potion.

Rosa needs to pray harder too. She keeps being ignored by the powers that be.

*hugs Rydia*

Never leave me again. o3o

Haha Rydia is my favorite.

Just wait until she levels up.

She's already at level 40 something. I'm working on getting Cecil to 50 (currently at 49) before hitting the sealed cave.

I should really try leveling Edge a bit, but he dies so easily.