Hiei101

Final Fantasy

It's official....I'm currently obsessed with FFX xd.png Playing as Yuna on Duodecim got me re-interested and I've been playing it ever since....started on Friday and got a little over halfway through it for the moment =)

It's kind of easy to level up limit breaks on FFVII, as long as you have that manipulate materia.

Well what do you suggest I do since I DONT have knights of the round and I can't leave the center of the planet to go get it? xd.png

Well, you can still go do some random encounters, yes? Utilize them to get your battle characters to limit break, have them set with your strongest break, and load them with materia of your choice. Maybe snag a few levels if you like. (now I do forget if you can travel UP and just not leave the crater - where is your save point? I put mine right beside the Highwind, so I never ran into the 'you can't leave' problem)

If you have Yuffie at a decent level, her limit break rocks and she can be an exceptional asset to your party. If not her, I'd use Vincent (he always gives me decent backup with Chaos, and his ability to range attack is pretty nice). I load the snot out of Cait Sith with restorative materia (you can load that robot fluff-bucket to the moon and back, and his stats still remain somewhat decent, which always kept him in my party as opposed to others). Plus if you hit Game Over, it'll make that battle the most awesome thing to ever occur (did that fighting a weapon and laughed about it forever). Cloud should have Omnislash and be loaded with anything and everything to boost his strength and HP.

I could fire up one of my older save files and see how I had my characters set up. All I do recall is the few times I haven't used Knights of the Round, it was tedious as heck but not overly difficult. (in fact, the only Final Fantasy bosses to give me a tough time were Kefka and Ultimecia - Kefka because I was in no way prepared for him, and Ultimecia because she gleefully chose the three characters who were NOT my battle characters then proceeded to tornado their butts to oblivion faster than you could say *&^#$LY*&W#$!!!)

Ultimecia because she gleefully chose the three characters who were NOT my battle characters then proceeded to tornado their butts to oblivion faster than you could say *&^#$LY*&W#$!!!)

If that happened, I usually did whatever with the person she put in that I didn't want until she killed them and I got the people I did want loool.

The one time I beat her I basically did

Squall - attack like crazy

Rinoa - whatever the hell I needed her to do, usually attack

Zell - spam Megalixer/potions/Hero/whatever and limit break

Well, you can still go do some random encounters, yes? Utilize them to get your battle characters to limit break, have them set with your strongest break, and load them with materia of your choice. Maybe snag a few levels if you like. (now I do forget if you can travel UP and just not leave the crater - where is your save point? I put mine right beside the Highwind, so I never ran into the 'you can't leave' problem)

If you have Yuffie at a decent level, her limit break rocks and she can be an exceptional asset to your party. If not her, I'd use Vincent (he always gives me decent backup with Chaos, and his ability to range attack is pretty nice). I load the snot out of Cait Sith with restorative materia (you can load that robot fluff-bucket to the moon and back, and his stats still remain somewhat decent, which always kept him in my party as opposed to others). Plus if you hit Game Over, it'll make that battle the most awesome thing to ever occur (did that fighting a weapon and laughed about it forever). Cloud should have Omnislash and be loaded with anything and everything to boost his strength and HP.

I could fire up one of my older save files and see how I had my characters set up. All I do recall is the few times I haven't used Knights of the Round, it was tedious as heck but not overly difficult. (in fact, the only Final Fantasy bosses to give me a tough time were Kefka and Ultimecia - Kefka because I was in no way prepared for him, and Ultimecia because she gleefully chose the three characters who were NOT my battle characters then proceeded to tornado their butts to oblivion faster than you could say *&^#$LY*&W#$!!!)

I was super stupid and put my save point right where I found it, durr hurr. rolleyes.gif Don't even comment on that, It was late at night and I was tired, I was like... what does this do.... xd.png

My party... well I babied three of them and the others suck xd.png My party consists of Vincent cuz his limit breaks rule, Cloud and Tifa. Don't ask me why I use tifa, I don't know. Cloud has a few summons and tifa has the healing materia. (Don't laff.)

Ok so, I was less concerned with the gameplay and more with the story xd.png I like to play through lazily first, then go crazy OCD and get every item the second time through, when I know what to do. That's what I did in CRISIS CORE. And most games I play. So, my only 'perfect' party member, with his best weapon and limit break is vincent, with death penalty and chaos. Cloud doesn't have omnislash or his ultima weapon, and I'm not even SURE what tifa has.

._. Don't laff at me, I always play quick the first time through a new game xd.png So I've pretty much figured I'm screwed since I can't leave the crater and I don't have what it takes to win xd.png

For now, I'll just level my characters in the crater. And see what I can do from there xd.png

(did that fighting a weapon and laughed about it forever). 

AHAHAHA i'm laughing just thinking about it. That's awesome xd.png

Zell? Who's Zell?

...FF8? Punch-y blond guy with the face tattoo who Seifer was all censorkip.gif*y at in the beginning?

Was always like "YEAH MAN THIS IS AWESOME I'M PUMPED /boxer pose".

Zell? Who's Zell?

GOD.

Kidding, kidding. God is Kefka.

Zell = LOVE. cool.gif

If that happened, I usually did whatever with the person she put in that I didn't want until she killed them and I got the people I did want loool.

Blah. Doesn't help when Tornado is an entire-party attack spell and all three of your totally unjunctioned useless twit girls end up blasted into death on the first attack. Simultaneous deaths = no hope of recovery.

Fortunately, Phoenix rocks and brought everybody back. Then Ultimecia killed Quistis off, everyone lived juuuuust long enough for Zell to pop in, and the game was over because Zell is AWESOME. At least, Zell in my game is AWESOME. And his limit break is uber cheap (only slightly less cheap than Lionheart and Irvine + Pulse Ammo) once you learn the button combos. tongue.gif

My party... well I babied three of them and the others suck xd.png My party consists of Vincent cuz his limit breaks rule, Cloud and Tifa. Don't ask me why I use tifa, I don't know. Cloud has a few summons and tifa has the healing materia. (Don't laff.)

So I've pretty much figured I'm screwed since I can't leave the crater and I don't have what it takes to win xd.png  For now, I'll just level my characters in the crater. And see what I can do from there xd.png

Not laughing at all. tongue.gif My first playthrough, I got my date with Barrett - and was confused when everyone was like 'WHUT? Y U NAU DAIT TIFA/AERIS?!' and I was like 'Huh. Because Cloud's gay, given the fact that he and Barrett had a touching scene together in the monorail at Golden Saucer? And the scenes at the Honey Bee Inn? I never knew he'd have a 'denial' date.'

Anyway, level some in the crater. You should be able to win with your current setup. Work Cloud up to Omnislash (it makes the very, very last bit of the game a flippin' JOKE) and Tifa... eh, use her if you like. I'd load her down with healing materia and make her useful as a healer. I don't suggest magic, really - because I'm more or less a hack-and-slash girl, I always just beat the snot out of Sephiroth with plain ol' attacks. I'd buff her up as a healer and reserve Cloud for physical attacks, and send Vinny into Chaos mode and let him have fun.

Maybe give Cloud a Cure 3 materia just to give someone else an opportunity to heal if Tifa goes down would be good. Don't give any magic to Vinny - you won't be able to control him anyway, as you are well aware, once he limits. Just bolster the snot out of his HP and his STR.

You can win - just get your materia set right, master what you need (a good pair of heals for each character except Vincent, a life perhaps for Tifa, and everything under the sun for HP and STR beyond that - maybe some DEF or VIT, but that's kind of superfulous - and I can't spell xd.png ) and smack Sephiroth the overblown and overhyped silver-haired goober with your oversized piece of compensation a few dozen times. smile.gif

Not laughing at all. tongue.gif -snippy-

Anyway, level some in the crater. You should be able to win with your current setup. Work Cloud up to Omnislash (it makes the very, very last bit of the game a flippin' JOKE) and Tifa... eh, use her if you like. I'd load her down with healing materia and make her useful as a healer. I don't suggest magic, really - because I'm more or less a hack-and-slash girl, I always just beat the snot out of Sephiroth with plain ol' attacks. I'd buff her up as a healer and reserve Cloud for physical attacks, and send Vinny into Chaos mode and let him have fun.

Maybe give Cloud a Cure 3 materia just to give someone else an opportunity to heal if Tifa goes down would be good. Don't give any magic to Vinny - you won't be able to control him anyway, as you are well aware, once he limits. Just bolster the snot out of his HP and his STR.

You can win - just get your materia set right, master what you need (a good pair of heals for each character except Vincent, a life perhaps for Tifa, and everything under the sun for HP and STR beyond that - maybe some DEF or VIT, but that's kind of superfulous - and I can't spell xd.png ) and smack Sephiroth the overblown and overhyped silver-haired goober with your oversized piece of compensation a few dozen times. smile.gif

lol'ed at GOD IS KEFKA xd.png

I didn't get the omnislash book tho... xd.png Fail, I know.

Right, I already have vinny set up that way, cuz he's fun to let loose. Cloud has one or two cure materia and Tifa has the rest. I guess I just need to level the group, thier physical attacks are just not doing enough. Kay.

I was just wondering how many people here enjoy the final fantasy series. If so which one is your favorite?

final fantasy series > all other series

/thread!!!

ff7 < ff1 < ff10 < ff5 <ff4

nuff said smile.gif

Squall is dead. SORRY FORTUNE.

Was reading WMG on TVTropes and this is actually kinda interesting. It disses Rinoa/Squall, so I'm happy. 8D

Ah, I remember reading this theory a looooong time ago. I also remember finding so many holes in it that it was far too easy to discredit, and not even by fan speculation, but just using information presented straight in the game.

I also remember taking pages upon pages discrediting it in a discussion on another forum. tongue.gif It IS very interesting, just not very substainable. biggrin.gif

LOL. Just spent half an hour reading that website xd.png Sounds goofy, But I'm glad someone is actually enjoying the game LOL.

Anyone get Dissidia Duodecim? I WANT IT But I'm broke tongue.gif

LOL. Just spent half an hour reading that website xd.png Sounds goofy, But I'm glad someone is actually enjoying the game LOL.

Anyone get Dissidia Duodecim? I WANT IT But I'm broke tongue.gif

I've got it....but I'm so distracted with other games >_< it probably doesn't help that I just picked up Final Fantasy II for the PSP either..... xd.png

Wikipedia lists Type 0 as comin out in Summer in Japan. How long will it take to get to Europe?

Type 0 will probably come out in a few months in Europe after Japan. (As long as it does good in Japan and they feel it should be released.)

Uh favorite FF... Tactics, but only cause it was my first. The battle music is lodged into my head.

Edited by Hareonca

I picked up FFVIII on the PS1 at a vintage game store saturday.

I'm very disappointed in myself for not realizing FF anthology was V and VI though.

I would have got that and FF IX while I was at it since they were having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all games...

I'm still pushing myself through X. Tidus is so whiny that I just, I have to stop at times. I totally understand Jecht now and why he's always making fun of Tidus for crying.

Tidus is so whiny that I just, I have to stop at times. I totally understand Jecht now and why he's always making fun of Tidus for crying.

LOL.

I finally got Duodecim. Haven't gotten very far tho. The quicker chases annoy me since I can't do them, (EX bar charges much more slowly x.x new ex counter thing bothers me cuz it wastes your EX bar.) and I'm ticked that I can take my lvl 100 characters from the first dissidia over, but not thier items. So they currenly suck, equipped with lvl 1 stuff ._. And I spent so much time getting Sephiroth's best sword.

So you have to start over for items?

I don't think I'll bother then.

As far as I've seen, yes X.x I'm ticked off too, Because I spent literally 2 months getting Sephiroth's one winged angel item. And the center of the world acessory. and all my other awesome stuff which I am without now.

And the quicker chases are REALLY bothering me.

The only bright side, Gabranth's EX charge is REALLY helpful in this one, and I at least got to keep all my extras from the PP catalog.

Hnnnnng I remember why I dislike 8 so much now that I'm replaying. I'm /trying/ not to be a dick to Rinoa, but it's hard, because Squall is pretty much actually a dick. About to fight Norg, bleh.

Hnnnnng I remember why I dislike 8 so much now that I'm replaying. I'm /trying/ not to be a dick to Rinoa, but it's hard, because Squall is pretty much actually a dick. About to fight Norg, bleh.

*raises firey club of death*

What you say?

I've been listening to the sound track of FFXIII for the past couple of days. It's making me want to replay it, but the fights against Barty are putting me off.

Been a while since I last check this thread......anyways I finally beat that one boss I was stuck on in FFXIII....only to just get stuck on another after advancing a little ways.... -headdesk- Story of my life, anyone else? laugh.gif I'm also working on I for the PSP and I recently picked up II....I may wait a little while to work on II cause it sounds like the leveling system is kinda wierd unsure.gif

I hated the leveling system for FF1 the most.

FF4 PSP came in the mail last night happy.gif