Hiei101

Final Fantasy

It was easy as heck the first time I did it, when I beat the game in the mid 40s so far as levels are concerned and without any impressive materia. I don't think I'd broken the top limit of hp, either.

Just found my backup save on my computer, plugged it in and figured out what the situation was. I was at Level 31 and had no great materia.

/rarely grinds in FF

user posted image

I quite liked her as she was very useful in battle. happy.gif

I-is that a tongue? o.o

A bit creepy looking. What's she do?

@ dragoon: It's from FF 9. ^^

@ Nix: Yes that's a tongue. Befor you meet that it's working as a cook for the Queen of Alexandria. It's speciality is to eat monsters and some monsters can learn its techniques so it's something like a blue mage. xd.png

Glad to be of help. xd.png

Actually you are. I was thinking either 5 or 9 and after seeing that it's quite easy. FF 5 was the first FF game I played so I need an excuse to replay it. Right?

Do you like Cait Sith?

Actually, I completely ADORE Cait Sith. He's one of the three characters I truly liked from FF7, the first of which was Reno and the second Cid. Everyone else can pound dirt. xd.png

Cait Sith will always hold a special place in my heart, as his goofy li'l bum won me the Emerald Weapon battle in about 9 seconds.

And he (or more appropriately his shmexy operator, Reeve Teh-Awesome) is the ONLY individual to put the kabosh on the AVALANCHE-IZ-GUD schtick by pointing out that they're hypocritical morons. Which I adore. Because AVALANCE sucked. tongue.gif

Just found my backup save on my computer, plugged it in and figured out what the situation was.  I was at Level 31 and had no great materia.

/rarely grinds in FF

Still should be fine provided you've got a good mastered Curaga. smile.gif Just bum-rush the silver-haired dingbat and smack the crap outta him until you get knocked back, Curaga, and rinse/lather/repeat.

Edited by Wends

Actually, I completely ADORE Cait Sith. He's one of the three characters I truly liked from FF7, the first of which was Reno and the second Cid. Everyone else can pound dirt. xd.png

Cait Sith will always hold a special place in my heart, as his goofy li'l bum won me the Emerald Weapon battle in about 9 seconds.

And he (or more appropriately his shmexy operator, Reeve Teh-Awesome) is the ONLY individual to put the kabosh on the AVALANCHE-IZ-GUD schtick by pointing out that they're hypocritical morons. Which I adore. Because AVALANCE sucked. tongue.gif

Cait Sith is cute but I find it weird thinking he's a robot o__O;; That always made me not like him so much. D= But he's a kitty so I do like him some o3o

I found Cid annoying, from what I saw of him in AC :U

TBH I never understood why anyone wanted to take down Shinra and make their lives so much harder dry.gif That notion is just beyond me.

I found Cid annoying, from what I saw of him in AC :U

TBH I never understood why anyone wanted to take down Shinra and make their lives so much harder dry.gif That notion is just beyond me.

Cid was horribly misrepresented in AC. But then again, I'm of the opinion that AC was loud, dumb and completely pointless, serving only to ruin already establish characters' personalities and create something visually striking for fangasm. (shrug) I never thought that Cloud could be more of a bum-tophat, than he was in FF7, but they succeeded by turning him into more of a whiny, mopey little turd than he already was. By end-game he was actually looking up from the incredible low he hit at end-disc-2. Then he goes 'WHOOP! Positive character development. Better throw myself back into that pit of emo with its lapping pool of mediocrity to swim in! (SPLASH)' But that's entirely beside the point. smile.gif Cid in-game was super awesome. The fact that he wasn't a tea-swillin', continuously cussin', Shera-cursin', dynamite-tossin' argumentative fart in AC made me extraordinarily sad.

And they wanted to take Shin-Ra down because 'OMG THEY HURT TEH PLANET OH NOEZ! TEH SPIRITZ OF TEH PLANET AND DEAD AERIS MAEK 'LECTRIZITY!' Yeah. And blowing the heck out of reactors, wreaking havoc on the population and causing who knows how much damage to not only the city, but the area it taps into the planet itself, in turn is sooooo much better. As stated, Cait Sith (otherwise known as sex-magnet Reeve) forever has my adoration for basically slapping the entire crew of FF7 in the face with that simple fact, bluntly stating that they were hypocritical dingbats and glaring at them down his cute little robot nose. biggrin.gif I love that guy.

And sorry if the LolSpeak made your head explode. But I can't bring myself to type intelligently concerning FF7, especially not after a long day at work. tongue.gif

Actually I don't think Reeve is the one controlling Sith. Since in DoC they where both in the same place and talking with Vini.

Besides Reeves personality doesn't match with Sith in the slightest. xd.png

That robot has a name?!? I was under the impression that Reeve and Cait were the same person ((for lack of a better word)).

@Infinis: Cid is quite awesome in the game. He's blunt, curses way to much, and in battle he's quite strong.

I like Vincent, Cid, then Cait.

Actually I don't think Reeve is the one controlling Sith. Since in DoC they where both in the same place and talking with Vini.

Besides Reeves personality doesn't match with Sith in the slightest. XD

I remember it being said somewhere that Reeve was indeed Sith's controller. Or maybe Sith has batteries. I don't know XD

@dragoon: Meh <_< Dun like too much cussing x-x And Vincent is awesome o3o 'Cept he really needs a new cape or something <_< The one he has is all ripped and that bugs me @_@

Yes, Reeve controls Cait, they are more or less the same person. x3

From the FF wiki :

As he is merely a robot controlled by Reeve Tuesti, Cait Sith's character can be difficult to perceive. However, he does act noticeably different from Reeve. In particular, his speech patterns are looser, and in Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, he has a heavy Scottish accent while Reeve does not. Furthermore, Cait Sith often refers to himself in the first person, and as it would be simply impractical for Reeve to have to control Cait Sith directly all the time, he could have some sort of artificial intelligence. Furthermore, in Before Crisis when under the player's control, Cait Sith still speaks on his own. Thus, a rough picture of Cait Sith's persona can be made. When Cait Sith is depicted as being directly controlled by Reeve in Final Fantasy VII, it is not made clear how he controls him, since he is seen at times with a direct link to Cait Sith with no visual means of controlling him. In Dirge of Cerberus, it is revealed Reeve controls Cait Sith mentally.

I was just wondering how many people here enjoy the final fantasy series. If so which one is your favorite?

Eh, I've played a few Final Fantasy games, but the only ones I've reached the end are Final Fantasy 6, and Crystal Chronicles for GameCube; therefore, those are my favorites.

I've played 7, Crisis Core, and XIII. XIII is my favorite so far, followed by Crisis Core, mostly for the graphics.

I've played VI Advance (GBA), Crisis Core, and DoC. :U And I plan on getting Versus XIII when it comes out. Mostly for Noctis but I'll probably like the gameplay too...yay floating weaponry! 8D Kinda like SoTN's Sword Familiar...o3o

@Ethereal: You've finished 6? ;_; Tell me how to beat it D: I keep failing so hard.

I'm hearing good and bad things about Versus, but mostly bad. Could just be the people I'm listening to. tongue.gif

I'm hearing good and bad things about Versus, but mostly bad. Could just be the people I'm listening to. tongue.gif

Eh, like I said, mostly for Noctis o3o

And D8 What can be bad about it?

Next on my list to play is FF8, if I can get my hands on it x3 Want to play Squall's game laugh.gif

I remember it being said somewhere that Reeve was indeed Sith's controller. Or maybe Sith has batteries. I don't know xd.png

@dragoon: Meh dry.gif Dun like too much cussing x-x And Vincent is awesome o3o 'Cept he really needs a new cape or something dry.gif The one he has is all ripped and that bugs me @_@

His capes ripped? Go figure. I never noticed.

I must be one of the most well rounded out players here. I've played: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, 12 reverent wings, 13, 7 CC and DoC, FFTA ((Tactics advance)), Crystal chronicles, and I believe that's it.

What did I played? Let's see 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 12 revenant wings, 7 CC and DoC, FFTA, FFTA 2 Grimoire of the Rift, Crystal chronicles, CC Rings of fate and FF Fables.

That should be all or at least all I remember. xd.png

Edit: Forgot Dissidia

Edited by Seph

Besides Reeves personality doesn't match with Sith in the slightest. xd.png

DoC is an abortion of FF7. In FF7 itself, Reeve controls Cait via a controller that you see him holding at board meetings. Hence why he's thrown in jail - he's caught at a board meeting yelling encouragement into the controller in the kansai accent, which is what Cait Sith uses in the original Japanese version of FF7 - the kansai hirogana verses the formal kanji print is the ONLY differentiation between Cait and Reeve in the original game.

DoC is ret-conned to the point where it's hardly following FF7 canon anymore.

Edited by Wends

/still playing Dissidia

I got my Cloud and Sephiroth to 100 and I'm working on Squall x3 And getting Sephy's best weapon.

Dissidia is a lot of fun... A group of my friends get together before school now with our PSPs to fight each other in Dissidia xd.png