Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Just four days until I get my very own PSP and I can really play CRISIS CORE. ^^ I played it once on my friends PSP, but that doesn't count >.< i'm getting FF7 too ^^

Edited by Kaini

Just four more days until I get a ps3. Then I can play FF: XIII, IX, VIII and anything else for the ps3/on psn. These last few days are torture every year.

Just four more days until I get a ps3. Then I can play FF: XIII, IX, VIII and anything else for the ps3/on psn. These last few days are torture every year.

Aww lucky xd.png But at least I can play VII and Crisis core x3

I'd also recommend downloading FF:Tactics. It's only... I think $5? or was it $10? (can't remember, is old) It's fun, if you can get into turn-based strategy. biggrin.gif

I finally got my very own copy of CRISIS CORE! and FF7. But I can't seem to make FF7 save, and my shiny new PSP didn't come with a memory card xDDD so I played like half of CRISIS CORE before I lost to Genesis and my data's all gone. T_T I plain epicfailed FF7 xd.png Someone tell me how to get it to save to the memory card. I hit save at a save point, but there was nothing on the card lol.

I finally got my very own copy of CRISIS CORE! and FF7. But I can't seem to make FF7 save, and my shiny new PSP didn't come with a memory card xDDD so I played like half of CRISIS CORE before I lost to Genesis and my data's all gone. T_T I plain epicfailed FF7 xd.png Someone tell me how to get it to save to the memory card. I hit save at a save point, but there was nothing on the card lol.

On your shiny new PSP, you must have a memory card. Once you insert one, then install the game (it'll give you that option when you load it). Once the game is installed, then you should be able to hit a save point and save your file with glee and vigor. tongue.gif It does take awhile to install, but it should serve you well once you manage that.

'course, then, it's been so darned long since I loaded anything new onto my PSP that I might be forgetting a crucial element.

And FF7...? Is that on your PSP, or on a PS3? Because it's significantly different between the two. On the PS3, you just create a 'PS1 memory card' on the hard drive and assign it either slot 1 or 2, then save away as normal. PSP is as above for every game I've played, so I don't imagine that a FF7 port to the PSP would be any different. unsure.gif

On your shiny new PSP, you must have a memory card. Once you insert one, then install the game (it'll give you that option when you load it). Once the game is installed, then you should be able to hit a save point and save your file with glee and vigor. tongue.gif It does take awhile to install, but it should serve you well once you manage that.

'course, then, it's been so darned long since I loaded anything new onto my PSP that I might be forgetting a crucial element.

And FF7...? Is that on your PSP, or on a PS3? Because it's significantly different between the two. On the PS3, you just create a 'PS1 memory card' on the hard drive and assign it either slot 1 or 2, then save away as normal. PSP is as above for every game I've played, so I don't imagine that a FF7 port to the PSP would be any different. unsure.gif

Thanks, I'm going to buy a memory card for the PSP today. That's good to know x3

I'm gonna have to restart again, right? =.= Oh well. I missed my chance to join the fanclubs (cept Silver Elites) and I wanna be in all of them x3

I have the original FF7 disks for the Ps1 xDDD I'm playing them on my PS2 with a ps1 memory card in it. Don't worry, I finally got it work, the memory card just took forever to show up (load).

I epicfail at FF7 mostly because I can't seem to get used to O being the new X button xd.png And X being back =.= lolz. I'm at.... where am I... Oh right I'm in the wall market with Aerith (I renamed her Aerith instead of Aeris xd.png)

I'm gonna have to restart again, right? =.= Oh well. I missed my chance to join the fanclubs (cept Silver Elites) and I wanna be in all of them x3

(snipsnipsnip)

I'm at.... where am I... Oh right I'm in the wall market with Aerith (I renamed her Aerith instead of Aeris xd.png)

Yep, you'll have to restart. But hey, it'll give you the chance to finish up some missions early on. smile.gif

Ensure that you get the pass from the wandering guy before you get to the Honey Bee Inn prior to dressing up like a dame. I made that mistake once, and was unable to get Cloud bum-pounded prior to visiting the Don. biggrin.gif I highly recommend the Group Room rather than the *($!! Room. Heheheheh.

As for your character naming, you're better than I... I named my characters in FF7 all sorts of goofy crud. Like Byotch ('cause that's all Cloud is to me), Tits, Airhead, Mr. T, Clifford (the big red dog), Twatface (aka: Yuffie, because she annoys me), GOD (Cait Sith), Grrkillit (Cid), and Vinnie.

Almost as bad as my joking FF8 game I started to see if I could get through on minimal levels (Squall's still level 8, and he's already killed the president's doppleganger) - Squall is Dirtbag, Rinoa is A censorkip.gif, and Angelo is Penis (limit breaks like penis cannon and penis search ROCK. Also, the tutorial talking about pets learning more tricks as Rinoa walks around is funny as heck). And all my GFs are named after diseases. Because Ifrit screaming "THEY HAVE HERPES?!" is classic. xd.png

Edit: Who knew that name for a woman who is notoriously promiscuous would be the recipient of a censor kip?! xd.png

Edited by Wends

Well, the good news is that you are probably doing better with FF7 than I am with FF13. I was up all night last night trying to get as far as I could on my (new) Crisis Core file, and got so used to the DMW that I ran into a huge boss battle (on FF13) without leveling up any of my party members. That battle lasted exactly 9 seconds before I died (forgot about the Paradigm system too). I am a disgrace to FF13, but on a lighter note, I defeated Angeal and was named (by my friends) one of the largest Zack fans. biggrin.gif

Edited by vorthera

Yep, you'll have to restart.  But hey, it'll give you the chance to finish up some missions early on.  smile.gif

I did restart, but apparently I'm crazy quick at this cuz I'm already to the battle with Genesis Avatar and I've had the game all of two days xDDDDDD Lawl.

Ensure that you get the pass from the wandering guy before you get to the Honey Bee Inn prior to dressing up like a dame.

Good to know, lol.

As for your character naming, you're better than I... I named my characters in FF7 all sorts of goofy crud.  Like Byotch ('cause that's all Cloud is to me), Tits, Airhead, Mr. T, Clifford (the big red dog), Twatface (aka: Yuffie, because she annoys me), GOD (Cait Sith), Grrkillit (Cid), and Vinnie.

LOL. I let them all keep thier right names xd.png Cuz I'm like that. Cept I fixed Aerith's for the sake of newer canon. xd.png I think Vinnie got the best name thar.

Because Ifrit screaming "THEY HAVE HERPES?!" is classic.  xd.png

I fell out of my chair laughing hysterically when I read this xDDD

@Vorthera; I think I'm crazy when it comes to video games o.0 like I said, In Crisis Core I'm already to the battle with Genesis avatar o.o; Tho I did stay up till three in the morning without realizing it. And I'm on.... what level.... 35? not bad but not awesome xd.png I'll level more my second time around. I think the only time I died thus far (before Genesis) was at Angeal Penance x3 But I had a phoenix down so it's all good x3

Now to go finish off Genesis... I admit he killed me once x.x I like his limit break in my DMW tho xd.png It's fun xd.png

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHA BEAT GENESIS AVATAR xd.png

Edited by Kaini

@ Kaini:

GAH! Before I forget:

Just get a save file done right after you get your member's pass to the Honey Bee Inn and play through twice. The (@*#$^!! room (or whatever the random symbols are) is quite fun, too. And it has highly suggestive word bubbles. xd.png I think you'll like both of 'em. It's just that my copy of FF7 has a glitch where I don't get my sexy panties from the (*&^#!! room, but do get my bikini briefs from the Group Room, so I always use the Group Room whenever I get a burr up my bum and decide to torture myself with 7 again (usually for fanfic writing purposes, because 7/8 fusions and KH is awesome but one does have to revisit 7 for characterization familiarization).

Blar. There's my $0.02 once more. tongue.gif

Alrighty xd.png If you insist xd.png

I beat all of Crisis core xd.png Aw, it didn't save my missions or my DMW when it restarted .___. Not cool. But at least I get to keep my materia.

Now on to FF7.... later... I get lost so easily in that game xd.png

You beat all of Crisis Core? The end made me depressed......

Anyway, I missed my opportunity to join (or get anyone to mention)the silver elites, but for some reason was still able to unlock the Heros. o.O When did you join?

You beat all of Crisis Core? The end made me depressed......

Anyway, I missed my opportunity to join (or get anyone to mention)the silver elites, but for some reason was still able to unlock the Heros. o.O When did you join?

Unlock the Heros?

I think you can join the silver elites early in the game when Zack has a lot of time to explore Midgar. Just look around and talk to all the people, especially the women. xd.png I think the silver elites were somewhere around the fountain (and that's in...Sector 8, I think?) but I can't be sure. /pulls out guidebook

Okay, after you fight Ifrit and finish the Mount Tamblin part you'll end up back in Midgar and eventually you'll get to Sector 8 where you can explore the area on your own...talk to the women around the fountain is basically what my guidebook says. |D

Yeah, the ending was depressing. >.> Always is. Though sometimes I wish we could skip cutscenes and such, especially at the end when the scenes are like 20 minutes long each, and the credits are around a half hour x.x

@Kaini: lol I think it says in the instructions or something that when you restart it only saves your materia xd.png That's why I don't like restarting, because then I have to do ALL my missions again and refill my DMW. Which I hate. Because some of those missions are REALLY hard (I am stuck at like level 53 because my luck is a fail).

What I really wish was that there was a way to be able to watch all the little cutscenes/movies and listen to the soundtrack without having to play the game through a million times just to watch the little movies. :/

@Kaini: lol I think it says in the instructions or something that when you restart it only saves your materia xd.png That's why I don't like restarting, because then I have to do ALL my missions again and refill my DMW. Which I hate. Because some of those missions are REALLY hard (I am stuck at like level 53 because my luck is a fail).

Dang it xd.png I'm gonna hate doing my missions again. x.x I'll probably just do enough to get my summons and get far enough to refill my DMW. I think I'll keep my game either at Genesis avatar (exploring the Banora underground) Or right before Nebelheim because that's the last time you get to wander the ShinRa building and sector 8. I might just make two save files for that xd.png

As for joining the Silver Elites, I missed that part too. Apparently you join in chapter 6 (which is a chapter or two after when infinis said, when you wander sector 8 after wutai is when you join Red Leather and the study group. oh and keepers of honor. then in chapter 6 the silver elites recruit, but I totally missed it.)

So my Zack fanclub had 51,000 members instead of 100,000 xd.png Whoops.

I wanted that email about Sephy's hair.... I'll try and join next time around. I can't figure out how xd.png

Next on my agenda is to level and beat Minerva >.< That'll be fun xd.png

Dang it xd.png I'm gonna hate doing my missions again. x.x I'll probably just do enough to get my summons and get far enough to refill my DMW. I think I'll keep my game either at Genesis avatar (exploring the Banora underground) Or right before Nebelheim because that's the last time you get to wander the ShinRa building and sector 8. I might just make two save files for that xd.png

As for joining the Silver Elites, I missed that part too. Apparently you join in chapter 6 (which is a chapter or two after when infinis said, when you wander sector 8 after wutai is when you join Red Leather and the study group. oh and keepers of honor. then in chapter 6 the silver elites recruit, but I totally missed it.)

So my Zack fanclub had 51,000 members instead of 100,000 xd.png Whoops.

I wanted that email about Sephy's hair.... I'll try and join next time around. I can't figure out how xd.png

Next on my agenda is to level and beat Minerva >.< That'll be fun xd.png

I keep one file just before I fight the Genesis Avatar and another to go through the game again.

As for Minerva, good luck. You have to beat all the other missions to get to her, and for many of those missions (and for Minerva herself) it's recommended you be at level 99. |D I'll never get to Minerva at the rate I level up. xd.png

As for Minerva, good luck. You have to beat all the other missions to get to her, and for many of those missions (and for Minerva herself) it's recommended you be at level 99. |D I'll never get to Minerva at the rate I level up. xd.png

LOL lovely xd.png I'll work on hitting 99 then ;_; That'll take a few play throughs xd.png

Unlock the Heros?

I think you can join the silver elites early in the game when Zack has a lot of time to explore Midgar. Just look around and talk to all the people, especially the women. xd.png I think the silver elites were somewhere around the fountain (and that's in...Sector 8, I think?) but I can't be sure. /pulls out guidebook

Okay, after you fight Ifrit and finish the Mount Tamblin part you'll end up back in Midgar and eventually you'll get to Sector 8 where you can explore the area on your own...talk to the women around the fountain is basically what my guidebook says. |D

Yeah, the ending was depressing. >.> Always is. Though sometimes I wish we could skip cutscenes and such, especially at the end when the scenes are like 20 minutes long each, and the credits are around a half hour x.x

That is the folder name for the Zack Fair fan club. I took my time throughout the game and got quite a few members (somewhere around 100,000)

I always ditch my gaming console and go into the other room. The only exception is Crisis Core because I was too upset to leave. This was partly because I had the command raise currently activated and a phoenix down but it doesn't affect the story at all. The other reasons were shock and sorrow.

Was playing FF7, and well that was interesting. xd.png! I'm kind of scared of a remake... contrary to most, I DO NOT want to see Cloud in a dress xd.png!!

Poor Cloud x3

Is it Zack he keeps hearing, or is he just losing it? xd.png lulz.

I'm in the sewers now and I got bored x3

I like most of them to some extent or other, but my absolute and utter favorite? I can't decide between IX and Tactics: War of the Lions.

I like the Tactics story and design, and the battle system is probably my favorite of all time, and I like the character cameo sidequests and the fact that there are a BAJEELION playable characters.

IX, on the other hand, was one of the first FF games that I played; besides having epic nostalgia value, I love love LOVE the characters, the soundtrack is incredible, the plot is interesting, and I like how they don't try to make the characters all super-epic-handsome (Kuja is the only real bishie in the game, and he has gained almost memetic status for looking like a girl). Besides all that, however, it just has a sort of air around it. It makes you forget the cynical view gamers tend to take after a while, poking fun at the characters and looking for glitches and stuff to complain about, and takes you back to when you were a little kid first discovering the wonder of videogames. The other FF games are almost all great, but they just don't quite do that for me on that level.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

EDIT: I played VII, and it was okay, I guess, but it didn't seem that much more amazing than any of the others. Crisis Core, though, was awesome and made this jaded troper/gamer chick cry for hours after winning.

-ducks rotten vegetables, rocks and sharp objects-

Edited by Carnivorous M.

I will be playing FFXIII for the first time any day now. Is there anything I should know beforehand, for example anything hugely important and missable (like the Zodiac Spear in FFXII)?

While I don't have terribly high hopes for this game, I am excited to finally get to play it. I'll probably be posting some of my thoughts here as I progress through it, since I have nowhere else to ramble about it. :<

Crisis Core, though, was awesome and made this jaded troper/gamer chick cry for hours after winning.

-ducks rotten vegetables, rocks and sharp objects-

No, you're so right x3 I love Crisis core *hugs shiny new psp* But man the end leaves me bawling *sniffle*