Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I disliked the way people kept dying in FF2. It got to the point where I'd stop bothering to train fourth members in case they died lol.

You haven't played Crisis Core. *gasp*

Well, I don't have PSP! But I've seen ALL the cutscenes and know the story well. FF wiki FTW ^^

And I've been dying to play! I'm getting a psp for christmas, like I said, so expect some ranting and squees on here as I play through it.

@Kaini: Have fun. o3o The cave part at the end is the hardest ~

I know, the Banora underground must take forever o.o;; Gonna hate collecting all those fancy materia just so Genesis can blab more LOVELESS to me ._.

Edited by Kaini

I know, the Banora underground must take forever o.o;; Gonna hate collecting all those fancy materia just so Genesis can blab more LOVELESS to me ._.

Not so much forever and hard as confusing as all hell.

See, I first played CC in '08 when I borrowed from a friend (a REALLY good friend, lol) their PSP and the CC game since I'd recently stepped on and killed my PSP. x.x I made it to the Banora underground and got so confused and stuff I gave up. |D I only managed to get a new PSP and CC game in March of '10 for my birthday and some months before that I'd bought the guidebook.

So I beat the game by using the guidebook, because there wasn't any other way I could've beaten without the book. xd.png

And I swear to God every time I beat that game I wanna just KILL Genesis. He never shuts up about that STUPID freaking LOVELESS poem. ._. /burns LOVELESS

I wish you better luck than I had when playing CC. x3

...I want my Reunion Files book now. ;_; Stupid 5-10 day shipping...x.x

Not so much forever and hard as confusing as all hell.

So I beat the game by using the guidebook, because there wasn't any other way I could've beaten without the book. xd.png

And I swear to God every time I beat that game I wanna just KILL Genesis. He never shuts up about that STUPID freaking LOVELESS poem. ._. /burns LOVELESS

I wish you better luck than I had when playing CC. x3

...I want my Reunion Files book now. ;_; Stupid 5-10 day shipping...x.x

Ahaha xd.png My new goal is to beat it without the guidebook. Although it's hardly fair, since I've read the game guide of the FF wiki a few times over.... Hmm. I don't remember much about Banora tho. Just the final battle with Genesis Avatar.

Aw come now, be nice to Gennie xd.png AHHHHHH NUUUU DON'T BURN IT *grabs the book from Infinis* It's a pretty poem, coming from someone who likes poetry and understands it :3

I found some apples that taste like how I'd imagine a Banora apple would :3 They're called Grapples. Grape - apples tongue.gif They're yummy.

And Since I'm cosplaying Genesis at our next anime con, I memorized LOVELESS and I'm getting my hair cut and dyed red :3 Now to work on his sword...

I think I'll do pretty well. I'm a real gamer at heart, I flew through DoC tongue.gif Beat it in a few days, then collected all the extras, then did the extra missions which took me way longer than the main storyline, a week or so. tongue.gif But I got them all done, my game is 100% complete, will all of Vincent's hidden guns and all that. /bragging

xDDDD

You're going as Genesis? That is so cool. I'm going as Zack.

Aw come now, be nice to Gennie  AHHHHHH NUUUU DON'T BURN IT *grabs the book from Infinis* It's a pretty poem, coming from someone who likes poetry and understands it :3

Yeah be nice to poor Gen. LOVELESS gets annoying when you constantly hear people reciting it, but it doesn't deserve to be burned.

I got bored yesterday and found myself painting apples purple. o.O

Edit: NO!!!!! My Crisis Core file got deleted. Well, at least I can try to unlock a better Zack fan club this time. smile.gif

Edited by vorthera

You're going as Genesis? That is so cool. I'm going as Zack.

I got bored yesterday and found myself painting apples purple. o.O

Edit: NO!!!!! My Crisis Core file got deleted. Well, at least I can try to unlock a better Zack fan club this time. smile.gif

Yup. Getting my hair cut is going to be weird.... I've always had long hair xd.png But it's worth it ^^ I might post pictures of my costume later.... *evil grin*

AHAHA you had that idea too? xd.png

Aw. But yay :3

Ahaha xd.png My new goal is to beat it without the guidebook. Although it's hardly fair, since I've read the game guide of the FF wiki a few times over.... Hmm. I don't remember much about Banora tho. Just the final battle with Genesis Avatar.

Seriously? It's not hard. Perhaps it has to do with how much attention you pay to your surroundings and/or how many interruptions you have while doing it, but if you use the old FFVIII tried and true method for getting through the Tomb of the Unknown King (ALWAYS hug one of the walls, preferably the right) you'll make it through Banora's underground in minimal time and without many problems. tongue.gif Only time you have to deviate from this is when stuff starts wrapping in circles, but then there are plenty of graphical reminders that you have, indeed, possibly gone this way before - skip that passage and go to the next. It isn't NEARLY as complicated as figuring out where to go in FFI/FF2/FF5/etc, Riven, or for those old folk like me, it can't shake a limp noodle at the labyrinth in ZORK. Because seriously, nothing can beat the original text Zork labyrinth for getting you turned around in circles (shivers as she recalls the pages of hand-drawn maps she had for that game). blink.gif

When I profess I don't like it because of its linearity? Yeah. It's not just linear in how it forces you along the story, its maps are linear as all heck, too. Very few twists and turns - Banora was one of the FEW areas where there was slight deviation from this, and it didn't deviate quite enough to make it much of a challenge.

The only thing I ever bothered using a guide for was to get every last materia fussion combo there is, because I didn't have the compulsion to record all of my results. What can I say? I'm more dedicated to what I can refine out of every item in VIII than I am to anything in the VII-verse. (and more dedicated into figuring out every last ability/command combo you can make in KH:BBS - did that without the guide. Should've used the guide - it would've kept my Terra file under 80 hours.)

Is there anything you can unlock in Crisis Core for getting 100%?

I don't think so.... :/

There's a...better...Zack fan club? o.O

Apparently there is. I looked up how to get the Zack fan club, and something about whether or not you wanted the better Zack fan club showed up before it told me. I looked at both of them but didn't want to go through the trouble of unlocking the better one.

Zack Fair Fanclub :

It is possible for the player to cause a fanclub for Zack to spring up. To do this, in Chapter 7 during the attack on Junon, the player must speak to Cissnei before fighting General's Tank, then view a scene where Zack and Cissnei ride a gondola up to Junon's higher areas. If they do this, in Chapter 8 they can join the Zack Fair fanclub by speaking to the head of the club, the receptionist at the Shinra building. The club gets news on Zack's personal life from a member named "Black Suit" which is revealed to be Cissnei herself. Depending on the player's actions during the game, the club blossoms to over 100,000 members and unlike most of the other clubs remains strong after Zack's announced death.

To get the full fanclub:

The requirements are:

■Join the Silver Elites.

■Unite the Study Group and Red Leather.

■Reunite the mother and child in Sector 8.

Zack Fair Fanclub :

It is possible for the player to cause a fanclub for Zack to spring up. To do this, in Chapter 7 during the attack on Junon, the player must speak to Cissnei before fighting General's Tank, then view a scene where Zack and Cissnei ride a gondola up to Junon's higher areas. If they do this, in Chapter 8 they can join the Zack Fair fanclub by speaking to the head of the club, the receptionist at the Shinra building. The club gets news on Zack's personal life from a member named "Black Suit" which is revealed to be Cissnei herself. Depending on the player's actions during the game, the club blossoms to over 100,000 members and unlike most of the other clubs remains strong after Zack's announced death.

To get the full fanclub:

The requirements are:

■Join the Silver Elites.

■Unite the Study Group and Red Leather.

■Reunite the mother and child in Sector 8.

Oh I did all that. |D I have the fanclub already then.

I like the Silver Elites...if I was a FFVII: CC character I'd be their president. ;D /shot

I like the Silver Elites...if I was a FFVII: CC character I'd be their president. ;D /shot

They are total stalkers!!!!!! xDDD I don't even wanna KNOW how they found out what Sephy uses to wash his hair xDDDDDDDDD xd.png They are such creepers I swear XDDD

And yet.... I'd be in the club.....ehehe

They are total stalkers!!!!!! xDDD I don't even wanna KNOW how they found out what Sephy uses to wash his hair xDDDDDDDDD xd.png They are such creepers I swear XDDD

And yet.... I'd be in the club.....ehehe

|D

I feel like playing CC again. ._. I'm just too lazy to play through the whole game again so I just beat the Genesis Avatar, watch part of the ending, and turn it off again. |D FAIL.

Oh yeah. Something that annoys me..

What is Cissnei's real name? Not knowing annoys me like you won't believe..../must know

Cissnei's real name? She's Shuriken in Before Crisis. If she has any other name than that, it was never put out in any game. tongue.gif

What is Cissnei's real name? Not knowing annoys me like you won't believe..../must know

Cissnei is Shuriken (female) in before crisis because that is her description, not an actual name xd.png In before Crisis, the player names her, so her real name is actually yours, if you played Before crisis. :3 That's all she meant in CRISIS CORE.

Cissnei is Shuriken (female) in before crisis because that is her description, not an actual name xd.png In before Crisis, the player names her, so her real name is actually yours, if you played Before crisis. :3 That's all she meant in CRISIS CORE.

Never played BC. .-. So that makes sense. xd.png

Never played BC. .-. So that makes sense. xd.png

Well, it is a japanese cell phone game, so... I really don't know many that have xd.png

FF wiki is your friend tongue.gif

Well, it is a japanese cell phone game, so... I really don't know many that have xd.png

FF wiki is your friend tongue.gif

That explains why I haven't played it. |D I hate cell phone games anyway. .-. I've read about it but the storyline of it never interested me enough for me to care about it. |D

The wiki is where most of my FFVII knowledge comes from since I can't get the actual game. Stupid brother's PS2...x.x

and I got around to actually /beating/ CC again instead of just watching half of the end and turning it off! 8D Now to level up and do more missions...

That is how I found out about BC. My phone doesn't get games on it, so I've never played it.

No english phones have it as far as I know o.o;

and I got around to actually /beating/ CC again instead of just watching half of the end and turning it off! 8D Now to level up and do more missions...

Aha xd.png I can't wait until I get my PSP o.o; I'm also getting the original FFVII for the ps1 ^^ Can't wait to really play that. tongue.gif

IHU. IHUSM. ;_; Send me FFVII when you're done with it. ;~;

I can't find my FFVII Advance game!! D: Now I can't beat it...not that i was getting close to that anyway. /fail

IHU. IHUSM. ;_; Send me FFVII when you're done with it. ;~;

AHAHA nuuuuuuu. I'ma keep it; Pixel-y sephy is too kyoot xd.png

AHAHA nuuuuuuu. I'ma keep it; Pixel-y sephy is too kyoot xd.png

;-; That's the one thing I dislike about FFVII. THE GRAPHICS.

;-; That's the one thing I dislike about FFVII. THE GRAPHICS.

Well, for the time they weren't terrible - most everything else that was top-view RPG was still dealing with sprites (although I will say that some sprite games, like Arc the Lad, had better looking sprites than flippin' FFVII's 3D graphics). But the graphics were considerably overhyped, considering that not even 2 years later they produced the beauty that is FFVIII and its "OMG, I can see Squall's PORES" graphics. tongue.gif

I don't find the graphics that jarring. I find the translation terrible. And the overhyped villains. And the annoying characters, as Reno doesn't get enough screen time and Zack only gets a few paltry flashbacks. And there's no Rod to play with. Because Rod is hot.

And for those of you who profess to not like cellphone games, BC is actually teh awesome (MUCH better than the FF:DoC lost chapter bupkiss that sucks almost as hard as DoC did). Had the opportunity to play it on a friend's cell that he brought back from his westpac. And heavens, did I want to steal it from him. Bugger wouldn't let me, though. Just let me get one play-through then pried it from my quivering fingers. dry.gif