Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I have my own FF/KH lineage tongue.gif

I'm also in the KH lineage but I think that died. e.o

REGARDLESS! EET IS STILL PROOF OF FAN-NESS.

I'm also in the KH lineage but I think that died. e.o

REGARDLESS! EET IS STILL PROOF OF FAN-NESS.

Don't you have one of the eggs from my lineage?

Ya know... having just watched some Dead Fantasy...

(bows head in shame)

I have to admit I now have a newfound love for Rinoa. DAMN YOU!!! How dare you trash my complete and utter hatred of Her Highness Of The Flaky Teenager Dingbat! Now I'll never be able to wish her death by accidentally falling off a floating Garden and being eaten by sharks while Zell eats potato chips and tosses life rings at her! DAMN YOU FOREVER!!! (cries in a puddle of spilled milk)

But back on topic... (snerk) Must get back to getting Marche to level 100 as a Paladin/Ninja in FF:Tactics Advanced. xd.png

I have a whole new respect for Tifa. She was never one of my favourite characters (not hated, just didn't like her as much as others), but after Dead Fantasy 5 she's now in my top 5 happy.gif

*hides club card*

I don't like FF: Tactics

It confused me, but I don't know how.

Edit: I GOT THE ZACK FAIR FAN CLUB!!!!! *happy squeal* biggrin.gif

Edited by vorthera

I don't like FF: Tactics

Not like... TACTICS?!? (tackles, gnaws on head) Take it back! Tactics Advanced is AWESOME!

(looks woefully over at VIII) Yes, perhaps even coming close to equal with that one. Except VIII had more lovable characters. Mewt was a whiny little brat that made me want to nut-punch him instead of feel all wibbly for him and his little problems. Hell, I felt more wibbly for Seifer and his innocent following of his Matron into Knighthood and having his pansy arse whomped repeatedly by Squall.

But if you're talking the original Tactics... (tackles, gnaws on head) TAKE IT BACK! That one's awesome too! Once you get through the rough translation, that is. (snerk) Because Ramza is AWESOME!

Actually, I love that game. Namely because, as I've previously stated, class-locks get on my bad side. I don't like that I can't make Faris my supreme healer. Or Zidane my ultimate berserker-tank. Or Tidus my summoner. Hence my adoration of VIII - Squall can be my healer/black mage/white mage/thief/whatever I desire. And my love of Tactics and Tactics Advanced: I want a thief! (gives random character a knife) There you go! You're a thief! Learn some abilities, nitwit! xd.png

But if too much customizing and flexibility turns you off, I can understand that. Like a lot of people hated VIII for throwing away the class system (making Square immediately bring it back in IX). Lots of people like having their set characters - ie, in VII where Cloud's your jack-of-all-trades, Barret's your tank, Vincent's your distance, Cait Sith's your support magic, Aerith is your Sephiroth-bai... I mean healer and Tifa is your bench warmer. biggrin.gif

Or if it was the story in Tactics... ohmy.gif I... don't know what to say about that. tongue.gif

Aerith is your Sephiroth-bai... I mean healer and Tifa is your bench warmer. biggrin.gif

That actually made me Rotfl. That really is all I ever used her for. xd.png

Tactics for the Playstation, so the first one in the Tactics series. I got confused jumping from FF: VII to Tactics to Crystal Chronicles. I get confused easily.

Cloud's your jack-of-all-trades, Barret's your tank, Vincent's your distance, Cait Sith's your support magic, Aerith is your Sephiroth-bai... I mean healer and Tifa is your bench warmer. biggrin.gif

LOVE THIS xd.png

Lots of people like having their set characters - ie, in VII where Cloud's your jack-of-all-trades, Barret's your tank, Vincent's your distance, Cait Sith's your support magic, Aerith is your Sephiroth-bai... I mean healer and Tifa is your bench warmer. biggrin.gif

Any way to switch Tifa to Sephiroth bait? I hate her so much. :x

My lack of Tifa love comes from the fact that she's essentially useless; she's a physical fighter who's short range, can't do squat in the back row, isn't your most fantastic with magic and can be essentially replaced by Cloud, Barret or Red who can all (a) do more damage and ( b ) take more damage with base stats. Only thing she's good for is her limit break, but even that's outshined by Yuffie (as much as that makes me twitch in irritation) and Cait Sith (who just flippin' rocks if you hit that slot machine right!).

Yeah, I'm a game mechanics person. tongue.gif Hence why I luuuuuurv VIII.

Other than that, I think Tifa's fine (more tolerable than, say, Rikku to me). The only part of the game where I want to flush her head down a toilet is when she goes from "I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR GRRRR" to "wah, we can't do anything without CLOUD." I want to smack her silly for that. Dummy. You were doing fine without the spiky-haired disaster area before. You certainly don't need him now. Let him rot in Mideel and let's just have fun with Cait, Vincent and Cid. Team ShinRa all the way, dude. So in other words, she's fine as a character. I like her better than, say, Aerith (who's death made me wibble only because I was potentially losing materia and her healing limit breaks were useful - other than that, she was a damned waffling Mary Sue who needed to be drop kicked into the nearest pool of mako - only time she was awesome was in Crisis Core, and that's because anyone affiliated with Zack in that game is awesome).

(and I like the idea of slashing Tifa with Reno. Because that's crack, but it's pretty crack, and he'd cure her of her 'Cloud' addiction pretty darned quick, m'thinks. Once they got over that entire 'he killed who-knows-how-many people just to disband AVALANCHE' and would rather kick all of her friends off a cliff rather than give them the time of day thing. smile.gif )

Edit: Emoticons, you suck. (smacks 'em silly)

Edited by Wends

I liked Aeris, mainly because she was great at magic. I'm a heavy magic user so I tend to drift towards those with the best magic stats.

I liked Aeris, mainly because she was great at magic. I'm a heavy magic user so I tend to drift towards those with the best magic stats.

I'm good with anything offensive. |D I fail at defense, so I tend to use everything I can to up my health and offensive stats and just charge in and kill everything in my way. lol That's what Zack's good for...brute force! 8D

And yes. No love for Tifa exists in me. >| SHE SHOULD DIE. And Cloud should quit mooning over her. D<

And Cloud should quit mooning over her. D<

I have no idea where you are from, but where I am the word 'mooning' gives this sentance a very different meaning to what I think you meant. o3o

I have no idea where you are from, but where I am the word 'mooning' gives this sentance a very different meaning to what I think you meant. o3o

user posted image

this thread keeps me amused xd.png

Getting back on topic... ehe.... For christmas I'll be getting a PSP biggrin.gif I'll be able to own/ play CRISIS CORE! Squee ^^

I'm good with anything offensive. |D I fail at defense, so I tend to use everything I can to up my health and offensive stats and just charge in and kill everything in my way. lol That's what Zack's good for...brute force! 8D

And yes. No love for Tifa exists in me. >| SHE SHOULD DIE. And Cloud should quit mooning over her. D<

I agree with every word.

Getting back on topic... ehe.... For christmas I'll be getting a PSP  I'll be able to own/ play CRISIS CORE! Squee ^^

You haven't played Crisis Core. *gasp*

...I don't know what YOU think it meant but in my world it means something akin to drooling over/being too much in love with/being obsessed with someone. Like the way Cloud acts about Tifa. :|

@Kaini: Have fun. o3o The cave part at the end is the hardest ~

And I just ordered the FFVII Reunion Files book. :D YAY

...I don't know what YOU think it meant but in my world it means something akin to drooling over/being too much in love with/being obsessed with someone.

That sounds so much better lol

I haven't played Crisis Core either unsure.gif The two times I could have got it I picked up FF or FF2 for the PSP instead.

I haven't played Crisis Core either unsure.gif The two times I could have got it I picked up FF or FF2 for the PSP instead.

Don't worry - the only thing you're missing are pretty cutscenes and the awesomeness of Zack. Game play wise, Crisis Core is... well, the DMV is annoying (at least to me). And the game is super linear, making open-map fanatics like me cry in agony. And unfortunately it's quite easy if you load your materia correctly. dry.gif

FIRION!!! (le glomp on FF2) Not a potsy wench disguised as a hero! I heart him. smile.gif Though the map in that game drives me bonkers. laugh.gif And we won't talk about how many hours of my life I wasted on my ship in FF1 trying to figure out where the heck I was supposed to go. rolleyes.gif I adore that stuff.